• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The lighting? Hmm... IDK if that has anything to do with the design of the gloves.

a

I'm pretty sure it his glove design is heavily influenced, if not the same as the Punch Out!! Wii game. They even have the seams running along the same areas in the Punch Out!! gloves. The Wii Sports gloves have seems running inside the palms rather than the sides like these (Link). I'm not seeing any Wii Sports Boxing elements at all in the Villagers glove design when you really look at them.
Eh, never-mind. My argument was stupid. The lighting is basically the same with both gloves anyways. Freaking Sakurai is owning all of our minds right now, seeing as how we're doing this silly argument, myself included. I can't believe I'm actually debating where those gloves are from, as if it matters! :laugh:

All I can say to this is SAKURRAAIIIII!!!!!!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I honestly am having a little trouble with this rumour. Unless the Miis turn out to be custom characters, I just can't see them being anything but redundant to Villager and WFT. Little Mac and Pac-Man would be fine, though I'd prefer Lloyd to Pac-man.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
What part didn't you know about=???

I could have said the same thing about Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness the Ice Climbers, Pit, ROB, Snake, etc. But hey, that's a big part of what makes smash special. As much as I dread the timing of the Wii Fit Trainer reveal, that's proof of that. Heck, the Villager and how Mega Man works is further proof of it, too.
I didin't know that half of thos games was in ac.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I honestly am having a little trouble with this rumour. Unless the Miis turn out to be custom characters, I just can't see them being anything but redundant to Villager and WFT. Little Mac and Pac-Man would be fine, though I'd prefer Lloyd to Pac-man.
Sakurai will probably go for a moveset based off of their RPG game or even (I hope not) them swinging around Wiimotes and stuff like that.

I'm sure that they will have a unique moveset, so no point worrying about that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Eh, never-mind. My argument was stupid. The lighting is basically the same with both gloves anyways. Freaking Sakurai is owning all of our minds right now, seeing as how we're doing this silly argument, myself included. I can't believe I'm actually debating where those gloves are from, as if it matters! :laugh:

All I can say to this is SAKURRAAIIIII!!!!!!
The only reason why I'm harping on the gloves design is because this could possibly be the nail in the coffin for one of my most wanted characters. :(
I am really hoping that the NeoGAF rumor is true. I want the Smash Bros. equivalent to Balrog/Dudley!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I highly doubt there are going to be a lot of cuts, and if there are I expect them to be the two guests and potentially Wolf. I don't understand how it is that people think that keeping the roster we have and getting roughly around the same newcomers as past two games is an either/or situation, especially in an age where Nintendo has discovered the value of downloadable content. I get Sakurai said he didn't want to just add more characters and call it a day, but what he said has a lot more interpretation than what the general public has latched on to. Unless Sakurai outright says he is going to remove some characters like he did in the days following E3 I'd just chill for now. Sakurai's comments are easily misinterpreted (see the ongoing debate of version exclusive characters) and are always subject to change on his personal whim (Villager).
Agreed, especially since no 2 smash games are alike in physics and gameplay. Not even Smash Wii U and 3DS. People want the most characters feasibly possible, and cutting characters makes the roster smaller.
The topic creator probably means 'all the newcomers that were confirmed.'
Or characters that would be confirmed first/at E3/that he knew of.

SmurdeR

Smash Cadet
So are these chars pretty much confirmed? Will we see them before E3 ends? (or has it already ended?...I'm so behind)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dunno, but he wanted Nook a whole lot more than the Villager. :p
Probably.
From now on I think I'm going to call you the Pound for Pound Queen. :laugh:
I'm Johnknight1, the King of Smash, and don't your forget it. Also, you're just jealous of me and Moon. We're the greatest two man team of all-time.
It's never too late. :troll:
I need a big bribe to do that.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Miis actually have A LOT to take from when it comes to moves, so that wouldn't really be a concern.

Riding a cow ala Wii Play lets go

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only reason why I'm harping on the gloves design is because this could possibly be the nail in the coffin for one of my most wanted characters. :(
I am really hoping that the NeoGAF rumor is true. I want the Smash Bros. equivalent to Balrog/Dudley!
I doubt it is, because boxing is so much more complex than just one punching move. There's lunges, jabs, uppercuts, downward punches, heymakers, counter-punches, and various versions of all of these punches and more. Oh, and different angles and locations of punches (body shots vs. head shots).

Also, if this rumor is to be true, I just hope the Miis are a mask for the Villager like in Animal Crossing: City Folk. Then it'd be great by me! :)
I didin't know that half of thos games was in ac.
Oh, so looking it up made you learn that=??? Yeah, they are. My friend Game Shark'd my game for all those games, plus the Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., and of course Punch-Out, all of which I think you need to hack the game to play.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Having to play as the Mii Character would be a wonderful asset to the game. Imagine playing as yourself online against other players. Their movesets would be unique, and there are so many endless possibilities of what you can do with the Mii character.
I'm gonna face admiral pit as himself. (Yes, I made a balding Admiral Pit Mii)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hitler Mii vs. Mussolini Mii vs. Stalin Mii vs. Emperor Niro Mii battle confirmed! :chuckle:
Miis actually have A LOT to take from when it comes to moves, so that wouldn't really be a concern.

Riding a cow ala Wii Play lets go
Man, you make me want the Wii now. Are you a magician=??? :eek:
Am I the only one who noticed the 1 is missing on his shirt on the left side?
Miis have customizable clothes/shirts/faces/whatnot confirmed=??? :eek: That's the only Village picture on the Dojo where he isn't wearing the "1" shirt.
So are these chars pretty much confirmed? Will we see them before E3 ends? (or has it already ended?...I'm so behind)
It looks more likely than not, that is for sure. And it's kinda confusing now, because they were all supposed to be at E3, and I'm pretty sure E3 ends today.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

I'm going to say it again, the Mii wouldn't be redundant in any manner with his moves. Wii Music, Wii Party, Wii Play , etc. all could provide wildly different things with him. He doesn't need to tap into sports or other Nintendo series' for his set. And it seems like some others understand that up above.

Just Neon Heels doin what Neon Heels does. :smirk:
REPRESEEEEENT

Also, it's to bad about my other half of the leaders of THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT took your belt, and it's too bad I'm the Ridley World Champ! :shades:
Pffft, the Moonknights have practically disbanded. I mean the Moon half was having doubts, and then to top it all off the Knight half left the main thread where the Moon resides (at least primarily, I guess he is here). :smirk:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I doubt it is, because boxing is so much more complex than just one punching move. There's lunges, jabs, uppercuts, downward punches, heymakers, counter-punches, and various versions of all of these punches and more. Oh, and different angles and locations of punches (body shots vs. head shots).

Also, if this rumor is to be true, I just hope the Miis are a mask for the Villager like in Animal Crossing: City Folk. Then it'd be great by me! :)
Well I would hope that Little Mac's moves are based off of his punches and dodges that he uses in his games rather than just standard boxing approaches.
He really only goes for the face in his games, and he does the occasional uppercut for heavy blows.
But obviously he will need some of those other punches to help flesh out his tilts & aerials.

Yeah that rumor is kind of a double-edged sword. We get some good character and some "ugh really characters"

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I think you can see the bottom of the one in that picture just barely. My only problem with that theory is that the one is quite large on the shirt and reaches almost the top, yet the small fold somehow not only engulfs all of it but the top of the shirt is visible and has no sign of the 1.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Miis have customizable clothes/shirts/faces/whatnot confirmed=??? :eek: That's the only Village picture on the Dojo where he isn't wearing the "1" shirt.
Huh, that's true! Didn't Sakurai say something about the game being customize-able? Maybe we'll be able to pick designs for Villager (and Mii). That could be pretty interesting.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
REPRESEEEEENT

Hey, it's Oakland A's K. Rool colors, the official colors of THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT!!! It looks like Holder has betrayed you!!! :troll:
Pffft, the Moonknights have practically disbanded. I mean the Moon half was having doubts, and then to top it all off the Knight half left the main thread where the Moon resides. :smirk:
Nah, THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT are just divvying up the threads. We got four freaking members. FOUR!!! One more and we get a special discount offer!!!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah I think you can see the bottom of the one in that picture just barely. My only problem with that theory is that the one is quite large on the shirt and reaches almost the top, yet the small fold somehow not only engulfs all of it but the top of the shirt is visible and has no sign of the 1.
There's clipping in Smash 4. Look at Villager's shirt in the boxing pic. It clips through his left leg. The segment with the 1 could have strangely clipped into his abdomen, and from that exact angle, seemingly 'disappeared'. I really don't think anyone should assume that's a red-only shirt. It's obvious his body is folding forwards, so such clipping can easily occur.

People can get so obsessed with scrutinizing every detail that they invent stuff from nothing.

nessokman

Smash Lord
like i said previously, a leak doesn't necessarily mean that those are ALL the newcomers. Something tells me sakurai has more up his sleeve than that

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Pac-Man would be ok, I'd prefer Lloyd myself though...

Little Mac and Miis?...meh.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
There's clipping in Smash 4. Look at Villager's shirt in the boxing pic. It clips through his left leg. The segment with the 1 could have strangely clipped into his abdomen, and from that exact angle, seemingly 'disappeared'. I really don't think anyone should assume that's a red-only shirt. It's obvious his body is folding forwards, so such clipping can easily occur.

People can get so obsessed with scrutinizing every detail that they invent stuff from nothing.

I think you must be right, I didn't realize that some of these pictures had that issue (thank you for informing me, I am not observant ha). And honestly I find the "red shirt with a 1" to "red shirt WITHOUT a 1!!!!!!!!" to be a strange way to show off customizing. :laugh: Especially without drawing attention to it to develop some interest.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
like i said previously, a leak doesn't necessarily mean that those are ALL the newcomers. Something tells me sakurai has more up his sleeve than that
Ofc, we'll definitely get more than six. This thread just had a misleading title.

Nah, THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT are just divvying up the threads. We got four freaking members. FOUR!!! One more and we get a special discount offer!!!
Ah, Moonknights. Your four members are in disarray, while our four are as strong as ever, not to mention our allies. Your enemies outnumber you.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Honestly I'd hope he would and also feel he does. Only 6 newcomers would definitely be a disappointment I think. I'm looking for atleast around 10 or 12.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol I received so many likes for that boxing ring post. It would be a legit troll on Nintendo's part to not put Little Mac in there now.

"Oh we put a boxing themed stage in there, but we're not going to place our most popular character from our boxing franchise in the game."
LMAO, this is so true.
I think it's simply because the shirt is folded.
It looks like that, and I think you are right, but if that's the reason, then man, they really need to work on the shirt textures.

Regardless, customizable clothing (pants/shorts=???), sex, hats, and hair for the Villager(s) like in Animal Crossing would be freaking awesome.
Huh, that's true! Didn't Sakurai say something about the game being customize-able? Maybe we'll be able to pick designs for Villager (and Mii). That could be pretty interesting.
That would also confirm the Miis... in a different sort of way... without having a new moveset.
The OP of this thread definitely overreacted, unless these "prophets" have sources that these are all the newcomers, which won't be the case.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey, it's Oakland A's K. Rool colors, the official colors of THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT!!! It looks like Holder has betrayed you!!! :troll:
Watching these heels walking among the Moonknights is only possible in your fantasies, so keep dreaming John. ;)

Your divide and conquer strategy will be your end "Moonknight".

And a discount offer on what?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ah, Moonknights. Your four members are in disarray, while our four are as strong as ever, not to mention our allies. Your enemies outnumber you.
We're not in disarray. We just went out on our own solo adventures, like the Avengers. But don't worry, Johnknight1 will return in Johnknight1 47: Crapping on Holder's Heels, and then after that, Johnknight1 will return again, in THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT 3: THE NEW SMASH WORLD!!! I even have a promo picture...

Tagline "let the reign of the new regime commence!!!"

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Wii had no representatives in Brawl. Wasn't Olimar (the new IP) from gamecube?

So if you are going for the latest IP's in your guesses: Animal Crossing, Mii, and (still a great ****ing guess), Wii Fit Trainer do make sense.

I think many people were guessing Pacman and Megaman for third party. I certainly did.

So this really could just be a great guess.

ALSO: Four of the six newcomers would be roughly the same build, right? Little Mac, Megaman, Mii, Villager.
Short men. Just doesn't seem that diverse to me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ @ Bowserlick
It could set up big newcomers like K. Rool and Ridley, as well as the return of Mewtwo. ;)
Watching these heels walking among the Moonknights is only possible in your fantasies, so keep dreaming John. ;)
Quiet fool, we came to protect and defense and uphold and promote the masters themselves, King K. Rool and Rid-eh-lehhhh!!!
Your divide and conquer strategy will be your end "Moonknight".
Your "let's just be two disjointed crazy fools working together while plotting to betray each other" strategy will fail Holder, because N3ON is clearly better than you. After all, unlike you, she can pull off Heels, because unlike you, she's not a heels n00b. She even told me that herself. :troll:
And a discount offer on what?
Sakurai promised us something special and secret... ;)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I just have one thing to say:

My first impression is that the odds of someone expecting the Wii Fit Trainer are so ridiculously low that this theory has some serious credibility...yet...since the Villager is using Little Mac's gloves at one point, one of the other characters in the list, Little Mac, seems unlikely to appear...making the list far less credible...

SO, WHAT IS REAL? I CAN'T EVEN! WHY IS ALPHABET SOUP SO POPULAR!??! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANY MORE!

This concludes the one thing that I had to say. Thank you for your time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Villager's face is big enough and cartoony enough and simplistic enough to be able to replace his face with a self-designed Mii face. That is how Mii's should get in. Just port your Mii face onto the Villager.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
His stomach emblem is hiding inside him because he's bending forward, take a closer look.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Villager's face is big enough and cartoony enough and simplistic enough to be able to replace his face with a self-designed Mii face. That is how Mii's should get in. Just port your Mii face onto the Villager.
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, you could wear a Mii face mask thing.

Also in that game, you could customize/change your face (your eyes and mouth and I think your nose), your hair, your hat/headgear, your shirt, and in New Leaf you can customize/change your pants/shorts (shoes?).
I knew Mii's were never too popular but where the hell did this Pacman hate come from?
People thing he's either too old (despite smash having many old characters, albeit, he would be the oldest if he was playable) and too generic, even though Sakurai is clearly smart enough to make a great moveset for him.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Quiet fool, we came to protect and defense and uphold and promote the masters themselves, King K. Rool and Rid-eh-lehhhh!!!
No, you came to yell about champion belts and call yourself number one.

Your "let's just be two disjointed crazy fools working together while plotting to betray each other" strategy will fail Holder, because N3ON is clearly better than you. After all, unlike you, she can pull off Heels, because unlike you, she's not a heels n00b. She even told me that herself. :troll:
She may be better than myself, and actually knows how to wear heels, but we are NOT plotting to betray each other. You are spouting lies again, like when you call yourself number 1! Plus we aren't disjointed, we work a lot better than you and Moon Monkey obviously. :awesome:

Sakurai promised us something special and secret... ;)
It's Ghirahim. :troll:

In fact, to settle this AC shirt fiasco, you can actually see the bottom-most edge of the "1" in this larger pic: http://i.imgur.com/Bv4pfMoh.png
That's what I said. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom