• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really? that's what it's come to? I knew this avatar would stir up some prejudice, but I also thought that people would be smart enough to know better...but anyway, I said that because he now seems to consider it. The word "confirmed" was used because I just want him in. SHEESH! Sakurai also seems to not have considered Lloyd too with his iffyness of Namco characters.
So, considering it ... because he had a casual conversation with a journalist (one which probably mirrors similar conversations he has daily) ... he is "basically confirmed."

Right.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
So, considering it ... because he had a casual conversation with a journalist (one which probably mirrors similar conversations he has daily) ... he is "basically confirmed."

Right.
What makes you think Pac-Mans not confirmed?..Pac-Man and Mario has a history of being in 3 racing games together and Mario had a guest appearance in Pac-Man VS..So tell me why wouldin't he be in this game?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can the both of you stop? Not to knock either of you but you both seem steadfast in sticking to your support/non-support no amount of arguing back and forth is going to change that.

But for the record I'm fairly sure that this is still gonna happen. All three of these seem to be very logical inclusions into the game.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Because he's not appearanceD

ugh. SERIOUSLY?
Seeing how Namco is helping with Smash 4 just like they did with the past games Mario and Pac-Man had appearance's in is more than a nuff to confirm pac-man will have an appearance in 4 i mean why not include the little yellow fellow it makes no since to leave him out.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol.

having reasons why he could possibly be in the game has absolutely no ground to whether or not he is officially confirmed to be in the game.

Unless you want to go ahead and confirm every single nintendo character that has been in a game that came out within the last ~10 years as well.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Can the both of you stop? Not to knock either of you but you both seem steadfast in sticking to your support/non-support no amount of arguing back and forth is going to change that.

But for the record I'm fairly sure that this is still gonna happen. All three of these seem to be very logical inclusions into the game.
Same.
The leaker was probably just told a bunch of characters that were finalised for Smash 4.
He didn't know which of the six would be revealed at E3 so he just said all of them.

The chance of it being a guess is still catastrophically low. At best the other three could be red herrings put in there by whoever told him.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Seeing how Namco is helping with Smash 4 just like they did with the past games Mario and Pac-Man had appearance's in is more than a nuff to confirm pac-man will have an appearance in 4 i mean why not include the little yellow fellow it makes no since to leave him out.
confirming means that they are 100% proven to be in the game, and he is not as of right now. is that clear enough?

he could very well be in the game. I promise not to complain much if he is for sure, but as of right now, I don't like it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Same.
The leaker was probably just told a bunch of characters that were finalised for Smash 4.
He didn't know which of the six would be revealed at E3 so he just said all of them.

The chance of it being a guess is still catastrophically low. At best the other three could be red herrings put in there by whoever told him.
All three of those characters are still very possible inclusions, but if he claimed that they would all be revealed at E3 and they weren't, we need to assume that this rumor was bull until proven otherwise.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Sakurai has stated that Namco characters have absolutely no special privileges. You clearly have no idea what confirmed means in this instance. Confirmed is when it is specifically shown or stated by the game's developers that the character is playable. I would be perfectly fine with the inclusion of Pac-Man, but at this point there are no shoe-ins. For arguments sake, here are some reasons not to include him. Sakurai has stated that it is an overwhelming amount of work to include a third party character. Also Pac-Man isn't really a Nintendo all-star, he is a video game all-star but not specifically Nintendo. There are other characters of more importance to Nintendo that have not been included.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A quick google search for a formal definition of "confirmed" is as follows: "Having been ratified; verified".

As far as this universe goes, Pac-man has not at all been verified to have been in the game. Maybe in your twisted alternate universe, but not ours.
He is not confirmed.

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
I will be happy with every character choice Sakuraï do,because I know he will do great moveset,and he always make great character choice.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well aware of that quote. But it does not mean there will be no more third party characters.
You claimed there will be ZERO third party characters while the rest of us said one or two more on top of Snake and Sonic.
I had said it would either be just Megaman or no one though I always leaned towards the latter. It's irrelevant either way.

He didn't post anything about the source before but he did say he had one. Or rather that a "friend" had one.
Right here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58046232
Check the date and everything. It's beforehand.
The only things he was right about were things we already knew. There was no direct on the 10th. The direct in May came earlier and only mentioned the E3 direct in regards to E3. Yarn Yoshi also wasn't there. There were no Iwata Ask. Retro didn't do an interview.
This kind of proves he never had a source and just got lucky.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
confirming means that they are 100% proven to be in the game, and he is not as of right now. is that clear enough?

he could very well be in the game. I promise not to complain much if he is for sure, but as of right now, I don't like it.
I didn't say CONFIRMED I said ALMOST confirmed, I was EXAGGERATING. Geez, is that enough all caps for you

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This thread (Read: Two people in it+ one person bent on convincing everyone something is true that is not) is pretty argumentative tonight.

The fact of the matter is that the rumor was false.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Sakurai has stated that Namco characters have absolutely no special privileges. You clearly have no idea what confirmed means in this instance. Confirmed is when it is specifically shown or stated by the game's developers that the character is playable. I would be perfectly fine with the inclusion of Pac-Man, but at this point there are no shoe-ins. For arguments sake, here are some reasons not to include him. Sakurai has stated that it is an overwhelming amount of work to include a third party character. Also Pac-Man isn't really a Nintendo all-star, he is a video game all-star but not specifically Nintendo. There are other characters of more importance to Nintendo that have not been included.

I know what he said lol and i know what it means.My point is :smirk: Pac-Man has been in other games with Mario so theres a great chance he could be in this one to.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I might as not say that word because it brings bad thing when ever it is sprinkled on a sentence.c******d is the newest swear word guys, i thought u knew.
Not entirely sure what you're talking about here.

Anyways, back to the topic of this newly debunked rumor.
How does everyone feel about it?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I
Here I go explaining myself again, I meant that I should stop saying confirmed. But, the rumor being wrong doesn't phaze me, pac -man still has a good chance. ;-)
There's no doubting he has a ~good chance.
But I'm more concerned about Little Mac.

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
210stuna[I said:
][/I]

But will those character's be balanced?

Let's keep FLUDD in for teh lulz said Sakurai during his lunch break
Lets say that I don't do competitive play,so I don't really care about balance.I play for fun.:)

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The only things he was right about were things we already knew. There was no direct on the 10th. The direct in May came earlier and only mentioned the E3 direct in regards to E3. Yarn Yoshi also wasn't there. There were no Iwata Ask. Retro didn't do an interview.
This kind of proves he never had a source and just got lucky.
You said he never claimed to have a source until after his "guess" was right.
My link proves otherwise. He said his friend had a source earlier.

It certainly doesn't prove he never had a source. While it does hurt it's credibility to a degree.
But ofcourse leaked information can sometimes be wrong because things change or the information was misinterpreted.
Information as unlikely as the info given which is proven correct on the other hand is pretty strong proof.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Or it could have been a lucky yet false rumor instead of a leak :troll: .
No way to tell.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You said he never claimed to have a source until after his "guess" was right.
My link proves otherwise. He said his friend had a source earlier.
Yeah, and his source was dead wrong.

It certainly doesn't prove he never had a source. While it does hurt it's credibility to a degree.
But ofcourse leaked information can sometimes be wrong because things change or the information was misinterpreted.
Information as unlikely as the info given which is proven correct on the other hand is pretty strong proof.
Yeah, but was wrong on absolutely everything. The only reason it doesn't look so bad was because he never mentioned a game that we didn't already know about. Even with a game we did know about, Yarn Yoshi, he was still wrong.

Also, if was was unsure about one source then why did he have no problem posting another one that was dead wrong? Basically, this guy doesn't know anything more than you and I. he just got lucky and rode the wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom