• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Your logic is extremely flawed.
It didn't happen so the statement is false.
It's extremely simple, I don't get what the issue is.

IF Mega Man AND Wii Fit Trainer AND Villager AND Mii AND Little Mac AND Pac-man are confirmed, AND it happens during E3, THEN the statement is true.
OTHERWISE it is false.

If all conditions aren't met, then it's false.
Can someone besides Luigiman verify me?

If I truly am incorrect, I'll admit it.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
It didn't happen so the statement is false.
It's extremely simple, I don't get what the issue is.

IF Mega Man AND Wii Fit Trainer AND Villager AND Mii AND Little Mac AND Pac-man are confirmed, AND it happens during E3, THEN the statement is true.
OTHERWISE it is false.

If all conditions aren't met, then it's false.
Can someone besides Luigiman verify me?

If I truly am incorrect, I'll admit it.
Your logic is extremely flawed... still.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Toaster
It's not confirmed false, just confirmed to be partially false, and the E3 confirmation part is confirmed false.

Until we get the final roster (or unless a character becomes an Assist Trophy character) there is still a chance the roster part of this is true.

So basically, you are right that it is confirmed false, but wrong at the same time because you blanketed that the who part was false, instead of specifying the E3 reveal part.

But regardless of that, your thinking is on the right path.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Something big is happening tonight for Smashfans.

Hello PM, LM, and Mii

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
Your logic is extremely flawed... still.
No it's not... if all 6 characters are revealed at E3, the rumor is true.

If Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac are revealed after E3, the rumor is false. Part of it may be true, but the rumor in its original form is false regardless. That's all he's saying.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
If Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac are revealed after E3, the rumor is false. Part of it may be true, but the rumor in its original form is false regardless. That's all he's saying.
The way he worded it makes it sound like he believes the rumor as a whole is false. The only thing false about the rumor is the E3 part. The part about the characters who will be in the game is not. Not yet at least.

The point I'm trying to make is that Little Mac, Pac-Man and Miis are likely to be in the game due to this rumor.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The point I'm trying to make is that Little Mac, Pac-Man and Miis are likely to be in the game due to this rumor.
Your logic is extremely flawed.
I don't see how the rumor will magically make them "in the game".

Furthermore, WFT, Villager, and Mega Man being in the game isn't mutually exclusive to the rumor being true. In other words, just because those three are revealed doesn't confirm the rumor. If all of the rumored fighters aren't confirmed under the set conditions, it's simply not true.

@ Toaster
It's not confirmed false, just confirmed to be partially false, and the E3 confirmation part is confirmed false.

Until we get the final roster (or unless a character becomes an Assist Trophy character) there is still a chance the roster part of this is true.

So basically, you are right that it is confirmed false, but wrong at the same time because you blanketed that the who part was false, instead of specifying the E3 reveal part.

But regardless of that, your thinking is on the right path.
I just think that the three confirmed and the rumor are just mere coincidences and otherwise aren't related considering the rest of the rumor is false.

There is only one condition in which the rumor would be true: all of them being revealed during E3. Which didn't happen.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I just think that the three confirmed and the rumor are just mere coincidences and otherwise aren't related considering the rest of the rumor is false.
You seriously believe it's a coincidence?

There is only one condition in which the rumor would be true: all of them being revealed during E3. Which didn't happen.
NO, that is not the one condition. The E3 part is largely irrelevant. The one condition is that all 6 characters eventually get confirmed. And so far, we're off to a good start with 3/6.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You seriously believe it's a coincidence?

NO, that is not the one condition. The E3 part is largely irrelevant. The one condition is that all 6 characters eventually get confirmed. And so far, we're off to a good start with 3/6.
You haven't explained why the E3 part is irrelevant. The whole point of the rumor was that all 6 would be revealed during the convention.
I'm going to stop replying; I do the same thing to everyone else who can't listen to reason and logic and lives by "I interpreted it this way and I'm the only interpretation that's right".

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
You haven't explained why the E3 part is irrelevant. The whole point of the rumor was that all 6 would be revealed during the convention.
I'm going to stop replying; I do the same thing to everyone else who can't listen to reason and logic and lives by "I interpreted it this way and I'm the only interpretation that's right".
The E3 part is irrelevant because nobody cares WHEN the characters get revealed. We care THAT they're revealed. And so far, 3 of them have been. One of them being an extremely unlikely candidate. You attribute that to mere coincidence and call that reason and logic?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, the announcement won't be tonight. But just wait, you'll eat your words Toaster, just like the anti-fairies did prior to their reveal.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay, the announcement won't be tonight. But just wait, you'll eat your words Toaster, just like the anti-fairies did prior to their reveal.
I was an Anti-fairy AND I WILL NEVER LOWER MY GUARD NO MATTER HOW CONFIRMED FAIRY TYPE IS.
*Ahem*.

And I hope I am wrong.
But I doubt it.

I never said they wouldn't be revealed, anyway. All I said was the rumor was false, meaning they wouldn't be revealed at E3.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I never said they wouldn't be revealed, anyway. All I said was the rumor was false, meaning they wouldn't be revealed at E3.
Of course they weren't revealed at E3, it's been over for a while now. But attributing this guy's information as a lucky guess is moronic. His source is clearly legit, he just got one aspect wrong and that's which characters would be revealed AT E3. PART of the rumor was false, but only a small unimportant part. The part that he got right is what everybody cares about. The actual characters.

Groose

Smash Champion
I can understand the hate everyone seems to have for the Mii... but why is everyone so down on Pac Man? I'd say he's the most iconic video game character EVER, bar maybe Mario. At the very least, he'd have some interesting moves and a good Final Smash. I don't want the game overcrowded with third party characters, but he is one who I definitely wouldn't mind.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hi, guys. I see there's a lot of discussion here. So just to clarify some things.
This should be interesting.

To those who quoted and responded to this, if you read the link, you'd see it has nothing to do with any source of mine. The friend I mention linked me to the site in a Facebook message because he found it somewhere (probably reddit or N4G or something) and thought it was interesting. I wasn't "dead wrong" about anything because none of that is from me.
Funny you mention that because, looking though the site, I did not see any post related to what you mentioned. Google searches link to other sites as well as the NeoGAF post. Even your link doesn't post to a specific page but instead to the front page. It doesn't even give an error message page. So who's "source" is it?
(I'm also asking the person who is writing the blog, so we'll see soon enough).

As for some people saying I published this information "after the fact," both the June 10 NeoGAF post and Gematsu article are from me. If you paid attention to the authors of both, you'd see they say 'salromano'. Also, my avatar on GAF is the (Mark Cernified) Gematsu mascot.
We never said you didn't make the GAF post. We are saying that you didn't say anything about a source until after E3.

Anyway, getting to the actual reveals. As I said in my post on Gematsu, I don't know the legitimacy of the person who tipped me, which is why I held onto this information (it'd be unprofessional to publish something without verification) and posted it on NeoGAF as 'speculation'. I thought all the characters were pretty outlandish, to be honest. Especially Wii Fit Trainer girl. I wasn't even aware she was an actual character. But yeah, after she was confirmed, I figured I'd share the rest, which my source told me would appear at E3, barring impromptu change.
You do realize sites post rumors and anonymous sources all the time. In fact, here is some Smash related ones.
http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-4-roster-nintendo-e3-surprises/
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/articles/topics/1001447/Rumors
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/09/rumour_next_smash_bros_could_be_called_universe
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=203343

All of these are from different news sites. All of them had no problem posting baseless speculation labeled as rumors (one of them was a random 4chan post). It's obviously a normal practice in the industry. So then why, now, is it a problem that "I didn't know the validity of the source." This is VERY fishy. Even worse if you did the exact opposite in another thread. You even say the site has no credibility yet you still post it. Yet when you say a source gave you information, you don't post it until after the reveal happened. Actions speak louder than words.

That said, it's possible their reveal dates got pushed back or something. I'd think 6 new character reveals are pretty heavy for a single expo.
Yes, they must have decided not to show a video of a game already announced. They must have decided not to show it a day or two before. That sounds very plausible.

Also, Brawl had 5 newcomers shown off when it was revealed.

I'm still inclined to believe the guy considering he was spot on about three of 'em (including the most unlikely). I don't know. But considering that boxing ring stage, Sakurai's talk about customization, and his seemingly interested back-and-forth with IGN about Pac-Man, it's hard to think otherwise.
Besides the above, Sakurai has said that not only to not expect more third party characters but that Namco Bandai characters get no special treatment. The customization thing has nothing to do with Mii.

If I hear anything further, I'll let you guys now. I'm out for now!
What makes me believe this less and less is the back peddeling. Why make an account just to "clarify" something. Who cares what random forum posters say. If you were right, you could just ride the wave and wait until they were unveiled. The fact you need to defend the rumor is telling.

When does Sakurai do the Miiverse updates?
Every weekday. In the morning.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Your logical fallacy lays in the way that you label a rumour entirely false because of one part not being confirmed in the way it was supposed to.

You're ignoring te fact that it got other parts correct meaning it is at least partially true.
You are also ignoring the possibility that plans changed after the information was leaked.
These are possibilities which you are refusing to consider.
Fact remains that guessing those characters is very unlikely.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
You do realize sites post rumors and anonymous sources all the time. In fact, here is some Smash related ones.
http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-4-roster-nintendo-e3-surprises/
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/articles/topics/1001447/Rumors
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/09/rumour_next_smash_bros_could_be_called_universe
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=203343

All of these are from different news sites. All of them had no problem posting baseless speculation labeled as rumors (one of them was a random 4chan post). It's obviously a normal practice in the industry. So then why, now, is it a problem that "I didn't know the validity of the source." This is VERY fishy. Even worse if you did the exact opposite in another thread. You even say the site has no credibility yet you still post it. Yet when you say a source gave you information, you don't post it until after the reveal happened. Actions speak louder than words.
You know nothing of the media industry.
There's a little thing called journalistic integrity.
Some have it some don't.
The ones who maintain it are taken a lot more seriously and the ones who don't and report baseless articles are frowned upon.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
At this point even if this particular rumor/leak was wrong I just want Pac Man, Mii, and Little Mac to be confirmed just to see the egg on some people's faces.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why people are so against Mii being in Smash Bros. Mii's are a thing believe it or not. I don't see how it could be "horrible" in any way. Mario Kart Wii & 7 are prime examples.

If you don't like them then don't use them. Whining and complaining won't get you anywhere. Especially with Sakurai. That man will say no to you in the rudest way possible and feel no ways after.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Hello PM, LM, and Mii
It's past 10 PM over here on the Eastern US. I think nothing is happening tonight. I wish the rumor about Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii is true because it would further cement that SSB4 is NOT going to have a conservative roster (and I actually want Little Mac and Pac-Man).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
EDIT: You know what?
This is a stupid argument, fellas. I don't usually argue about asinine rumors anyway.
I never said the rest wouldn't get in, just that the rumor was false.
Have fun with your little rumor-centered hopes, I truly mean it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nobody would ever guess AND EXPLAIN the dragoon item in-depth and what it did in Brawl.

Yet somebody actually did.
That was a leak actually.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The rumor is objectively false. Part of it may still come true, but not all, because the entire group of six characters was not revealed at E3. I think that's what he is trying to get at?

I don't see why people are so against Mii being in Smash Bros. Mii's are a thing believe it or not. I don't see how it could be "horrible" in any way.
The Mii's extremely low-detail model will look terrible next to SSB4's gorgeous characters models, and if the Mii is customizable I'll have to fight an endless legion of **** faces and Narutos online. It's an aesthetic nightmare.

I can choose not to play as him, but I can't choose not to play against him.

Hello PM, LM, and Mii
If you're talking about the NoA rep, he's just putting together a video series. No new information.

Nintendo isn't going to announce three characters at once anyways now that we're clear of E3.

SonicFlash

Smash Rookie
Has anyone ever been worried that some characters from super smash bros brawl actually wont appear in smash wii u?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Has anyone ever been worried that some characters from super smash bros brawl actually wont appear in smash wii u?

I worried since Mewtwo, Roy and the like failed to return from Melee. Nowadays not so much, mostly out of apathy.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm sure that there will be at least a few cuts. Pokemon seems the most likely target.

In terms of popularity, Sonic is a safe bet to return, but his status as a third party does endanger him, so you'll sadly probably be sweating it out for a bit longer.

SonicFlash

Smash Rookie
Well, now the only character I am worried about leaving is captain falcon. I know it sounds like I am being dramatic. but you never know would be pretty depressing and sad if nintendo got rid of there own original character. (probably jigglypuff is the only original character that could be removed).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well, now the only character I am worried about leaving is captain falcon. I know it sounds like I am being dramatic. but you never know would be pretty depressing and sad if nintendo got rid of there own original character. (probably jigglypuff is the only original character that could be removed).
Captain Falcon is one of the most iconic Smash characters of all time, if not the most, and would absolutely never be removed.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The rumor is objectively false. Part of it may still come true, but not all, because the entire group of six characters was not revealed at E3. I think that's what he is trying to get at?
It's as much true as it is false. Half of it was right, half of it was wrong. You guys are using very black and white reasoning.
What he is saying is that half of it was wrong therefore it's a baseless rumor. That's just ridiculous.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You know nothing of the media industry.
There's a little thing called journalistic integrity.
Some have it some don't.
The ones who maintain it are taken a lot more seriously and the ones who don't and report baseless articles are frowned upon.
So your saying that because these sites posted rumors that they don't have journalistic integrity? Even though they clearly tell their readers that it may not happen?

Let's not forget your wonderboy did the exact same thing here. Such integrity. More like baloney.

Not sure why your rushing to this guy's defense. I'm starting to feel like people want to defend him to defend NeoGAF or something.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's as much true as it is false. Half of it was right, half of it was wrong. You guys are using very black and white reasoning.
What he is saying is that half of it was wrong therefore it's a baseless rumor. That's just ridiculous.

On the contrary. If somebody randomly guesses 6 characters and 3 just HAPPEN to be right, it doesn't mean his prediction was somehow informed, and therefore halfway dependable. What people are trying to say is that because he was half wrong, there is very little reason to think that the entire basis for the prediction has any validity.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
On the contrary. If somebody randomly guesses 6 characters and 3 just HAPPEN to be right, it doesn't mean his prediction was somehow informed, and therefore halfway dependable. What people are trying to say is that because he was half wrong, there is very little reason to think that the entire basis for the prediction has any validity.

Though I dropped this argument. Waste of effort. I'm not one to shove my side down people's throats so I just backed out.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The rumor is false. Given the likelihood of guessing 3 char reveals this guy probably had some inside information. It is possible that the information this person had was just those 3. It is also possible that this person has knowledge of the existence of all 6 or maybe even more.

The point is at this point pretty much anything is possible. Did this person know something? Likely yes. What is the extent of their knowledge? We have know way of knowing. Should we believe these other 3 will make it in? No idea.

Are we done here now? Let's go have some waffles and chillax.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Also I'm probably going to regret getting involved. But I'm still new here and have the naive delusion that I can make peace.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also I'm probably going to regret getting involved. But I'm still new here and have the naive delusion that I can make peace.
It's okay, you're probably just going to invoke the rage of people who are upset about the rumor being false and are still holding on to it is all.
Best bet is to abandon ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom