• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
when breaking it down i find the half of the leak we HAVENT seen more believable than what we got:

mii: nintendo puts them in everything/ sakurai has said there would be some form of customization and many guessed mii's would be involved in that somehow.
pac-man: everyone knows namco is working on the game and therefore this is a solid 3rd party assumption.
little mac: probably the most likely newcomer character having a series revival post-brawl, being a former assist trophy, and being one of the few nintendo icons not in the game already.

now thats what we DIDNT get what we got was:

wii fit trainer: unguessable. no. one could. guess. this. this was the least likely of the six and it was one of the reveals.
animal crossing guy: AC was skipped over last time and sakurai vocally said he didnt see AC working since they aren't fighters in anyway. (not gonna argue the name because this is 2nd hand info from an email/ the character could have just been seen in a pic or footage and not the name just a description since the character has NO name/ could have seen a japanese demo or something and was unsure of the characters english name).
megaman: clearly the most requested 3rd party character so this one was likely but unlike "pac-man" there was nothing beyond being fan requested that pointed to him being in the game.

so when staked up like that i think the 3 we didnt get were a more likely prediction than the 3 we got. if mii's pac-man and little mac got revealed we could probably find multiple instances of people "guessing" them, where as a post with villager and wii fit trainer only exists once and the poster has said he didnt guess it he was told it. keep in mind if you guess something that doesnt mean you turn around and lie that you new for internet fame or something, you could just say you made a lucky guess, instead we have a fairly reputable guy telling us WHY he guessed right...and the reason is he didnt guess.
But Sakurai said that Namco characters will NOT get special treatment because they are helping.

Pac-man is a no go. :(

Morbi

Scavenger
But Sakurai said that Namco characters will NOT get special treatment because they are helping.

I really hope that your insinuation is not serious. Interpreting the quote as an absolute is fallacious, he does not directly state that Namco will get no characters. If we literally discern the quote as it was intended to be, it means the Namco Bandai will get NO SPECIAL treatment. That doesn't mean that Pacman is not going to be making an appearance, it means that Pacman is not going to be making an appearance because Namco Bandai is co-developing the game (a statement that I believe is inherently erroneous based on the notion that the only reason he would have been considered is because of Namco). However, we can perceive the statement in many different ways. Maybe SPECIAL treatment correlates to the assumption that some people might have speculated two or more Namco characters. Maybe SPECIAL treatment means that they don't get to choose the representative they want in the game. Maybe SPECIAL treatment means that the character wont be S tier. We honestly don't know, everyone just thinks that it is implied that we wont get a character.

I could throw around the "Pacman isn't a special case, he is a video game icon" argument, but that predominant problem is that people are all making false assumptions about the quote. Unless Sakurai explicitly states that Namco won't get a character, everything is still up for debate.

Morbi

Scavenger
Explanation? He is the game's director.
He is trying to allude to the premise that nothing Sakurai states is definite. The Villager example comes to mind. Any and all quotes are subject to change. So the Namco quote might not even hold any weight presently. I do not think this is a case. That is just what he is getting at.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I really hope that your insinuation is not serious. Interpreting the quote as an absolute is fallacious, he does not directly state that Namco will get no characters. If we literally discern the quote as it was intended to be, it means the Namco Bandai will get NO SPECIAL treatment. That doesn't mean that Pacman is not going to be making an appearance, it means that Pacman is not going to be making an appearance because Namco Bandai is co-developing the game (a statement that I believe is inherently erroneous based on the notion that the only reason he would have been considered is because of Namco). However, we can perceive the statement in many different ways. Maybe SPECIAL treatment correlates to the assumption that some people might have speculated two or more Namco characters. Maybe SPECIAL treatment means that they don't get to choose the representative they want in the game. Maybe SPECIAL treatment means that the character wont be S tier. We honestly don't know, everyone just thinks that it is implied that we wont get a character.
Pretty much this. If Pac-Man is in, it won't be because of Namco, but because Sakurai judged him to be a worthy addition based on his own merits.

And speaking of Pac-Man, there's a pretty interesting interview about him hypothetically being in Smash

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Depending on how you look at it, Pac-Man would be included because of Namco, but not because Sakurai is trying to do the company any favors. Instead, there's the chance he shrugs his shoulders and adds the most-recognizable video game character in Pac-Man because of his proximity to the Pac-Man IP. Said proximity makes the undertaking far easier than it would be if he had to go out and approach Namco on his own, which I'm almost certain he wouldn't do because of how middling Pac-Man's character requests are.

I'm skeptical of whether Pac-Man will make it in, because it will have been unprecedented for a third party character to get in for reasons other than being a fan favorite or a Sakurai friend favorite. That said, I can understand how it would happen, and consider all attempts to twist Sakurai's quote in a way so as to discredit the leak for having Pac-Man invalid distractions.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I could throw around the "Pacman isn't a special case, he is a video game icon" argument, but that predominant problem is that people are all making false assumptions about the quote. Unless Sakurai explicitly states that Namco won't get a character, everything is still up for debate.
Alright, I'll take that.

I'll admit that a bit of personal dislike for Pac-Man biased me toward a comment, and I did misinterpretate that quote.

In any case, Pac-Man IS an Icon... and has that going for him.

Morbi

Scavenger
Alright, I'll take that.

I'll admit that a bit of personal dislike for Pac-Man biased me toward a comment, and I did misinterpretate that quote.

In any case, Pac-Man IS an Icon... and has that going for him.
Trust me, I have my bias against him too. I don't really want him in the game. I just don't like how some people assert that the quote holds any weight or that it is absolute in a completely arbitrary regard.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Depending on how you look at it, Pac-Man would be included because of Namco, but not because Sakurai is trying to do the company any favors. Instead, there's the chance he shrugs his shoulders and adds the most-recognizable video game character in Pac-Man because of his proximity to the Pac-Man IP. Said proximity makes the undertaking far easier than it would be if he had to go out and approach Namco on his own, which I'm almost certain he wouldn't do because of how middling Pac-Man's character requests are.

I'm skeptical of whether Pac-Man will make it in, because it will have been unprecedented for a third party character to get in for reasons other than being a fan favorite or a Sakurai friend favorite. That said, I can understand how it would happen, and consider all attempts to twist Sakurai's quote in a way so as to discredit the leak for having Pac-Man invalid distractions.
Agreed. I'm guilty of twisting the quotes. :troll:

Everyone has a (stupid) day... :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Trust me, I have my bias against him too. I don't really want him in the game. I just don't like how some people assert that the quote holds any weight or that it is absolute in a completely arbitrary regard.
See Above post by me. ^

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

he said they wont get special treatment not that there not in, and the reasion he said it is because ppl will not go overboard with namco character prediction

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I wanted to address the entire thing and put this to rest, so here is a good time to do it. I warn you, this will be long.

You mention that the main pillar of this leak is that is was unlikely for anyone to guess Wii Fit Trainer or the characters in general. As I mentioned before, the leak is built on the idea that it has to be more than just a coincidence and he had to know something. This is actually called the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy. Take a cowboy who shoots at a barn. He shoots randomly at the barn. He then looks at his gun shots and notices that they all cluster around one spot. He then draws a bullseye around one spot. This makes him look like he is a pretty good shot despite the fact he shot randomly. The fallacy is when you see randomness and mistake it for order and reason. And conclusion is drawn from that. This scenario is exactly the same. So everyone is on the same page, let me explain the situation. A poster on NeoGAF, before the game was announced said he had some "My unlikely predictions" and he listed "Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii." Well, come the next day, three of these characters are revealed. He then post on his website that he had an inside source and that the other three would be revealed at E3. It should be noted that the website never said they had an inside source until after Wii Fit Trainer was revealed. What does this sound like. It sounds like drawing a bullseye around the gunshots. And everyone who believes it has taken the same approach. To go further with the fallacy, it can apply to situations where there is no relation but because some unrelated pattern, it seems like it's more than coincidence. You can find more about it here. I'll post an example from the article to further illustrate the fallacy.

"But hold on Chu. What about the fact he got Wii Fit Trainer and Villager right." That's a good point, but remember this fallacy is about finding order where there is none. So consider this: Melee sold over 7 million copies and Brawl sold over 11 million copies. The highest traffic of the Smash Bros DOJO was over 7 millions uses (see here, since the site is now gone). So there are a lot of people talking about the game. This also means a lot of people are making roster predictions. Also, people don't just say one or two characters. They can be long list at times. So it's likely that, with only three characters announced, that someone would get a few of them. There is also the possibility of someone else out there got those three right too, "But Wii Fit Trainer. No one talked about her." That's not true. We know it was brought up at least once, so it's not outside the realm of possibilities. One thing to also consider is that it seems unlikely to who you are talking too. Many people here thought Villager couldn't happen because they thought Sakurai ruled those characters out. But to someone who didn't know that, it would seem plausible. Both Wii Fit and Animal Crossing are big series for Nintendo, so something from these games is very possible. Again, the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy is when you see order from randomness. So the leak seems like drawing a bullseye. You got some right, so the rest might be right too.

You mention that no one has brought any contradictory evidence for the leaks. By saying that, it's clear you haven't been paying attention. There is plenty of evidence to suggest it's baloney, so let me go over some of that with you.

It's important to look at this and compare it to other leaks. What makes this suspicious is the amount of info that was given. Consider ChaosZero's leak. You can find what he wrote here. What he did was mention something like the "Dragoon Parts." He described what the item did. Later one, this item was shown on the DOJO. His leak was proven right as he pointed to something that was in the game. Another one is NyaseNya. She predicted when Sonic would be announced and that the game was delayed. By proving this, it confirmed she was right. Admittedly, people still didn't believe it since both of those events were not specific. A leak for Marvel vs Capcom 3 revealed the characters include the mechanics for Phoenix. "But Chu. How is that any different then the leak we are talking about now." ChaosZero and others stated they knew something, gave a very specific example, and then when that was shown to be true, the rest came along with it. For the leak we are talking about, the poster made a prediction, and when some of it was right, he claimed he had a leak. ChaosZero hit a bullseye. Salromano drew a bullseye.

This is one reason I harp on the fact that I harp on Villager's name. Were Salromano have inside information about the characters wouldn't he know the characters name? Lets take this a step further. The others leakers had specific information which, when confirmed, confirmed that rest of it. Yet his information was very limited. So how would someone go about getting this kind of info. The leaks came from people who had access to the game, such as tester. This is why the leaks came towards the end. Right now, very few people know the roster. Most of those people would be in Japan and wouldn't care to give information to a western fan site, especially a small and forgettable one. So how did he get the info, or how did his source get it. Well, let's assume the person telling him this saw the trailer. If that was the case, how come he only knew the characters names? And even more so, how did he get one wrong and they are plastered across the screen. This person would have seen stages, attacks, and the like. So he would have known more than just characters names. He would have also had to see a lot as the characters were in three trailers, not one, and Megaman's showed off a ton of attacks. If the person was part of E3, then how woul;d he know about the other three characters. The decision to show the characters had to be made far in advance and by the time they were setting up E3 it would have been finalized what was shown there. If it was someone making the game, they would have known specific attacks for the characters and even more than someone who is working with E3. There is also, as I mentioned before, very few English speakers who would have information as the development is all in Japan. This is why I say that someone working on E3 would be likely, but even then, why do we not have more information. Especially if they wanted this information to be believable. Again, it's drawing the bullseye. On the same note, it's why the rumor was debunked when the characters weren't at E3. Again, he said the characters were all part of the E3 reveal. After they weren't shown, he made a post explaining himself. It sounds like he is trying to make sure no one notices the wet paint.

Before I wrap this up, let me talk a little about Pac-Man. People expect this character because Namco is making the game. But Namco is also making Wii Sports Club. So just because Namco is a making it doesn't mean Namco characters will be in. Sakurai has since confirmed this saying that Namco characters wont get in just because they are making the game. He stated further that in order to be added, it would have to be a special situation. You can see what he said here. Namco has asserted that they aren't getting involved with the character selection. The Tekken producer has held back as far as any characters. See here. On Tales characters, the Tales producer is taking the same route. It all points to Sakurai have his own say. So it's unlikely Pac-man ins't going to be pushed in just because. Even still, the characters suffers from a lack of interest and a lack of unique abilities that would separate him from the cast. Sakurai's comment was made soon after the Wii Fit Trainer reveal. And we know Salormano made the post before Sakurai's comment came out. Again, this supports that nothing was known before hand.

So let me wrap it up with this. The reason I never believed this was because Salromano didn't have "insider information" until after the characters were all shown. This seems very fishy at best. If something was known, why not just post it. This didn't stop people from ChaosZero who didn't think much of the info he got. But posting something after you're right is suspicious. Again, it goes back to the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy. The bullseye was drawn around the shots. Everything suggest that this was simple a guess and that everyone played the fallacy once the unlikely prediction was right. People beleive it because it's too unlikely to not be true. But random chase does not mean that two events are related. When other leakers made a statement, they backed it up. They gave specific information and when that was right, they proved they knew something. This is a situation where someone on;y said he knew something after it was right. This is like me running out on the streets saying I knew the winning lotto numbers before hand. I didn't know anything. I got to make the bullseye after I shot the target. Human minds naturally try to find patterns and make sense of something. But sometimes it's just randomness. That's what this "leak" really is.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yes, that's exactly what I believe the Sharpshooter fallacy says, and, in case I'm not "understanding" the Gambler's fallacy, my current interpretation of it based off of your post is that it's "believing order is increasingly likely to follow a series of lucky guesses." I'm adhering to my idea that no one could have guessed WFT (or would have guessed her if he wanted to make a false leak that had good odds of coming true...if I ask for a third time, will you address that? Or will it take a fourth??) because my request from multiple posts ago has not been met...it's just received the same idea taken into overdrive. "THIS IS ENTIRELY COINCIDENTAL." *introduces fallacies pigeonholing WFT as a lucky guess without backing it up in the slightest*

Believe me, not only do I not mind being proven wrong, I welcome the possibility. I beg anyone who can convincingly argue WFT was guessable, or why a hypothetical false leaker would include her (and Villager/Mii/Pac-Man) among his lucky guesses for an E3 reveal to do so. I think it would be optimistic to the point of foolishness to expect SmashChu to do either at this point, but maybe someone else is up to the task?
I'll be less of a jerk but let me put it this way.

My time is too valuable to sit here and waste on internet arguments. I wasted enough time typing that big post and then the others I made. The reason I'm not giving you a response is because everything you have asserted was discussed in my post above you. You never changed your argument. If anything, you just built a moat around it.

The bold is what I'm talking about. I've already addressed that assumption, but I'll point you to a specific quote I made.

"But hold on Chu. What about the fact he got Wii Fit Trainer and Villager right." That's a good point, but remember this fallacy is about finding order where there is none. So consider this: Melee sold over 7 million copies and Brawl sold over 11 million copies. The highest traffic of the Smash Bros DOJO was over 7 millions uses (see here, since the site is now gone). So there are a lot of people talking about the game. This also means a lot of people are making roster predictions. Also, people don't just say one or two characters. They can be long list at times. So it's likely that, with only three characters announced, that someone would get a few of them. There is also the possibility of someone else out there got those three right too, "But Wii Fit Trainer. No one talked about her." That's not true. We know it was brought up at least once, so it's not outside the realm of possibilities. One thing to also consider is that it seems unlikely to who you are talking too. Many people here thought Villager couldn't happen because they thought Sakurai ruled those characters out. But to someone who didn't know that, it would seem plausible. Both Wii Fit and Animal Crossing are big series for Nintendo, so something from these games is very possible. Again, the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy is when you see order from randomness. So the leak seems like drawing a bullseye. You got some right, so the rest might be right too.
Again, I addressed the reasons it could be coincidence including the fact that many people talk about Smash and the fact that these games are big series for Nintendo and don't already have characters. Do you also see why I get frustrated and tell you to go read my post. Because you made the exact same argument again even after I had already addressed that. We'd just be in a big circle.

There are other points you had brought up but I wont get to them now. My original post covered them.

One last thing, when I typed the "Gambler Fallacy" I think I meant the Sharpshooter Fallacy. Sorry about that.

...How is that not what he said? If you mean that it isn't his exact wording, well then my mistake. Thanks, sir Grammar Nazi. :p For the record, "pretty much" just refers to a negligible amount that could exist. Like say, a joke thread on GameFAQs from back in 2008. And if no one expects a character, they wouldn't request said character or even discuss it. Just saying.
There is a big difference if I say "I'm there." and "I'm close to there" or "I'm pretty much there." One is me being in one location and the other is me being in a different location.

In truth, Sakurai probably doesn't know how much she came up. He likely said what he did to hedge. There is also translations to deal with.

In conclusion, whether you accept it or not, the leak gave us three out of six characters correct. So it's feasible the other three could also be in the game.
That can only be true if he knew something before, which he likely didn't.

I'll say this. It doesn't matter if WFT came up a lot, a little, or none, before that post. He could have just guessed and been right. Have you heard "100 Monkeys on 100 typewriters will write the works of Shakespeare." The monkeys will eventually randomly click on buttons and the combination of those words will be Hamlet. This is called the Infinite Monkey Theorem. It may not be 100 percent apllicable here, but you get the idea. With so many people making so many combinations of characters, someone had to get them right.

Again, improbable noes not mean impossible.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I'll say this. It doesn't matter if WFT came up a lot, a little, or none, before that post. He could have just guessed and been right. Have you heard "100 Monkeys on 100 typewriters will write the works of Shakespeare." The monkeys will eventually randomly click on buttons and the combination of those words will be Hamlet. This is called the Infinite Monkey Theorem. It may not be 100 percent apllicable here, but you get the idea. With so many people making so many combinations of characters, someone had to get them right.
Two flawed assumptions here:

1) That there were enough "random" guesses that it's expected someone would get one right.
2) That it was actually random guessing being done.

Going backwards:
Regarding 2, if it's not random, there's this huge source of bias for all the characters people don't consider likely enough to guess -- look at how many Nintendo characters (Or video game characters in general) aren't on a single list. So the infinite monkey theorem falls apart right there, because it's like trying to reproduce hamlet by giving a hundred monkeys a hundred typewriters with all of them missing the "o" key. This point is why it does matter if WFT came up before this guess or not.

Regarding 1, the time span to randomly produce a work of Shakespeare is expected to be incredibly long (hence "infinite monkeys"), and without that huge time span (Or huge number of monkeys) you won't be likely to get any work of anything. There's no reasonable basis to assume we've had nearly enough guesses to ensure a correct guess. This gets even less likely to have happened when you consider the previous point 2.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Two flawed assumptions here:

1) That there were enough "random" guesses that it's expected someone would get one right.
2) That it was actually random guessing being done.

Going backwards:
Regarding 2, if it's not random, there's this huge source of bias for all the characters people don't consider likely enough to guess -- look at how many Nintendo characters (Or video game characters in general) aren't on a single list. So the infinite monkey theorem falls apart right there, because it's like trying to reproduce hamlet by giving a hundred monkeys a hundred typewriters with all of them missing the "o" key. This point is why it does matter if WFT came up before this guess or not.

Regarding 1, the time span to randomly produce a work of Shakespeare is expected to be incredibly long (hence "infinite monkeys"), and without that huge time span (Or huge number of monkeys) you won't be likely to get any work of anything. There's no reasonable basis to assume we've had nearly enough guesses to ensure a correct guess. This gets even less likely to have happened when you consider the previous point 2.
I think your not seeing the forest for the trees. Note how I said it may not be 100 percent applicable. The concept is what is important, not the minutia.

We don't have monkeys and we don't have something like a keyboard. Character list are much different (which you mention), but it's the concept I'm trying to get across. There are thousands of people that make these silly list and with people coming from every direction, someone had to get them right.

Still, good post and I see what you are saying.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Oh, hey SmashChu. Here I was hoping that the reason you had not responded was because you had realized how wrong and foolish your argument was. Guess I was wrong. :p

In any case, like I said, the leak gave us 3 to 6 characters whether you accept it or not. Obviously, you do not accept it, but that has no effect on the validity of the leak. Your argument of monkeys is flawed not in a literal sense, but in the figurative sense. It's easy to say that 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters could have come up with that list eventually. But the Wii Fit Trainer would have to be in the pool of possible characters for your example to work. You have no evidence to indicate that the Wii Fit Trainer would be there. In fact, she didn't even have a Roster Maker icon prior to her being revealed, indicating that no one had predicted her for the roster.

There's really no point in discussing the matter further as you have made it clear that you are standing by your delusion of this person being the world's greatest guesser. And you have not given me or anyone else any reason why we should listen to you, considering that you have been proven wrong twice now. If you can think of one, let me know.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I think your not seeing the forest for the trees. Note how I said it may not be 100 percent applicable. The concept is what is important, not the minutia.

We don't have monkeys and we don't have something like a keyboard. Character list are much different (which you mention), but it's the concept I'm trying to get across. There are thousands of people that make these silly list and with people coming from every direction, someone had to get them right.

Still, good post and I see what you are saying.
I don't think you saw what I was saying, because you just said again "someone had to get them right".

That's the root problem I was trying to point out. There's no reason at all that someone had to get them right, and my previous post outlined why that is.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm still pretty skeptical that the leaker gave us the whole truth. No way in hell Nintendo plans 3 reveals at E3 and decides to push them back almost 6 months and counting at the last minute. Maybe he had second-hand information, maybe he leaped to conclusions about the release schedule, maybe he knew some characters and made the others up, maybe he had an incredibly lucky guess. The possibility that the leaker had legitimate information is still the likeliest, but every week that goes by without a Pac-Man, Little Mac, or Mii reveal dents his credibility a little bit further.

The WFT guess constitutes the glue which holds the leak together, as every other character was quite guessable, but that remains quite a solid glue.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Regardless of how awful the leak is (and it surely is), there is something to it. No one, and I mean no one could have guessed that the trainer from Wii Fit would ever be playable, not even in the most terrifying fevered dreams of a madman. Only Sakurai could fathom it, because at the very least, every fake leak has mostly taken into account what people want, no matter how bizarre their roster choices are. Wii Fit Trainer is the only potential Nintendo character that not a single person ever wanted to be in Smash. Yet here she is. This is why I think there's some validity to the rumor.

However, the whole absence of Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii at E3 throws a wrench into it all. How could he know three additional characters that still haven't been revealed, unless they really did plan on revealing all 6 initially. Some people have suggested that those 3 are the last remaining newcomers period, making the total number of newcomers 6. This is quite easily the worst possible option, seeing how half of those characters are widely unwanted. The fact that we still haven't seen a newcomer revealed about 4 and a half months since E3 has me nervous. I guess we'll see.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Regardless of how awful the leak is (and it surely is), there is something to it. No one, and I mean no one could have guessed that the trainer from Wii Fit would ever be playable, not even in the most terrifying fevered dreams of a madman. Only Sakurai could fathom it, because at the very least, every fake leak has mostly taken into account what people want, no matter how bizarre their roster choices are. Wii Fit Trainer is the only potential Nintendo character that not a single person ever wanted to be in Smash. Yet here she is. This is why I think there's some validity to the rumor.

However, the whole absence of Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii at E3 throws a wrench into it all. How could he know three additional characters that still haven't been revealed, unless they really did plan on revealing all 6 initially. Some people have suggested that those 3 are the last remaining newcomers period, making the total number of newcomers 6. This is quite easily the worst possible option, seeing how half of those characters are widely unwanted. The fact that we still haven't seen a newcomer revealed about 4 and a half months since E3 has me nervous. I guess we'll see.
Just as guessing WFT was almost an impossibility, Nintendo deciding to delay planned characters reveals which would have had finished CGI trailers for almost 6 months is almost an impossibility. We have quite the conundrum on our hands.

Has the leaker elaborated any further on why he believes the last 3 characters were not revealed? I'd be curious to see why he believes his source guessed incorrectly, as there's certainly a myriad of possible explanations.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Considering how popular/well known Wii Fit is, I don't see why it's so strange of a prediction.
Sure Wii Fit is popular, but you played the games as your Miis, not as the trainer her/himself. And Miis are a consistent prediction to represent the Wii series as a whole (plus the 3DS and Wii U now). No one really ever considered the WFT as a character option. And Sakurai confirmed that it was a selection that no one expected. I was monitoring on IGN for E3 news when they posted the article about her confirmation. People thought they were trolling simply because they couldn't believe such a claim unless they saw it for themselves...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Maybe no one thought it would actually happen, but I don't see why it can't be suggested. The character discussion forum is full of rediculous support threads.
Those only came after WFT's announcement though. We've never had a thread for Wii Fit Trainer support thread on these boards.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
But isn't that weird? With all the things I've seen here, I'm a little surprised it hadn't been considered before.

Who expected R.O.B. anyway?
If I remember right someone actually thought of R.O.B. He also already appeared as playable in Mario Kart DS

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
R.O.B had one little thread I think I dug up in the Brawl speculation part of this forum. I know everyone at Brawl-Central was quite shocked at it though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah according to a few people R.O.B. did have a few supporters back then with some people arguing that he wouldn't be playable because of the R.O.B. enemies that were shown during the Brawl Dojo update days.

Morbi

Scavenger
But isn't that weird? With all the things I've seen here, I'm a little surprised it hadn't been considered before.

Who expected R.O.B. anyway?
I only expected R.O.B after I saw him in Subspace Emissary. Once you apply R.O.B to the name of the mode, it became pretty apparent that he would be playable. Even though they treated him like a Joker Thug B (generic enemy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom