• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alexandria/Arlington/MD? smashfest 10/05/07 Friday*update*

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
*UPDATE* -some how a get together turned into a smashfest so I'm clearing this up for anyone who's coming, looked at my thread, and got confused because of the date.

Here's the deal. I just realized no one at my apartment
is going to be here s weekend but me...

-so, I want to hold a smash till Dawn smashfest on saturday 7:30PM until sunday around 12:00PM .

- one: you can leave whenever you want

-two: I don't care how many people come, even if it's 1(because of the short notice)

-Three: If you come bring whatever you can(Cubes, Tvs, vopies of Smash) I only have 2 tvs, a wii, a cube, and 1 copy of smash.

-Four: bring something to sleep with

-Five: My mom's room and the computer room are off limits. I have plenty of space in the living room to put tvs on the ground. It's pretty empty so be prepared to sit on your butts.

-six: I will be searching people's stuff when they leave because I hear people love to steal at smashfests, sry in advance but I have to do it. If any of my Mom's stuff gets stolen she will go crazy

-seven: If everyone brings $5 bucks I can order pizza

-Eight: be clean and treat my apartment like you would treat your own home

-Nine: BRING TV'S, CUBES, and SMASH

-Ten: I live in an apartment so call me when you get here so I can let you up.

My number: 443-564-2463

ADDRESS: 2701 Park center Dr .APT B808, Alexandria, Va, 22302o into

Go all the way to the end of Park center Dr and go into the second to last building you see. Once you go into the main door you will see two doors. Door to the left = loan office. Door to the right = way to apartments and also a little convenience store. It will be locked so it is imparitive you write my number down.

Theres plenty of parking on the street but there might be little walk if you dont snatch a good parking spot

BRING SETUPS

Also Please announce in this thread if you are going and your actual name

THank you and sorry for te short notice

OH YEAH, IF NO ONE POSTS THAT THEY"RE COMING Tomorrow before 7pm THEN DONT COME BECAUSE IT IS CANELLED. ALSO CALL ME AFTER 6pm

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Address Please And Maybe I Will Come If It's Near A Metro.
er

2701 park center dr apt b808, alexandria va 22302

Go to pentagon metro, take bus 7*insert letter here* and check map to see if the next bus actually goes to a park center dr bus stop. If it doesn's it probably goes to a stop that crosses 28th and kingstreet(kingstreet intersects park center). If you get off at the bus stop right before kingstreet(kingstreet is conjested so you'll know which road it is), it only takes 5 minutes to walk to my apartment. first you take a left at kingstreet. Then take a right at park center dr. walk to the end and go into the second to last building to your right.

Link to walking directions here

Link to bus map and timetable here

btw, you going to umbc tourney?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Calvin if you can pick me up I'll def go to this for at least a few hours. Either way I'll try. Let's try to practice a little earlier too.

HEAR THAT GUYS?!?!?? I'LL BE PLAYING SMASH HERE!!!!! EVERYONE WHO MISSES ME COME, I'LL TRY MY BEST<3

Anyone who needs training from any character I'm up.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Thanks for pointing me towards this, Redd, but there's no way in hell that my father will let me go to this thing. It's an overnight thing, and it's at the house of somebody my dad doesn't know at all. He's not just going to drop me off at some dude's house and leave me there for 16 (or so) hours...=(

The only chance I would ever have would be to get a few friends to convince their parents to let them go too...hah, that'll be the day.

Sorry God-Rock guy and Redd. :ohwell:

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Calvin if you can pick me up I'll def go to this for at least a few hours. Either way I'll try. Let's try to practice a little earlier too.

HEAR THAT GUYS?!?!?? I'LL BE PLAYING SMASH HERE!!!!! EVERYONE WHO MISSES ME COME, I'LL TRY MY BEST<3

Anyone who needs training from any character I'm up.
Hey man. sorry I can't give you a ride...no car. Maybe your parents can give you a ride and pick you up in the morning or midday on sunday. It's only 15 minutes away and your parents have never given you a ride to my place. you could also take the Metro to a bus if you wanted to. Also I have work from 10 to 6 so I cant play you before 7:30.. If you can't make it though , no biggy. Thanks for the support

Thanks for pointing me towards this, Redd, but there's no way in hell that my father will let me go to this thing. It's an overnight thing, and itave 's at the house of somebody my dad doesn't know at all. He's not just going to drop me off at some dude's house and leave me there for 16 (or so) hours...=(

The only chance I would ever have would be to get a few friends to convince their parents to let them go too...hah, that'll be the day.

Sorry God-Rock guy and Redd. :ohwell:
Your parents can call me if they want to after 6PM(I work up until then). Also they can come up and meet me and see the apartment so they know I'm not some weirdo. I'm only 18 and I look like I'm 16. I'm definitely not threatening.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm coming around 7:30. I'm walking so I my timing will probably be a little off. I'm not staying overngiht though cause I have a class on Sunday morning. Great timing btw!!!

I'm going to call you when I reach the intersection of Park Center and King Street so you can tell me where I'm supposed to go.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Your parents can call me if they want to after 6PM(I work up until then). Also they can come up and meet me and see the apartment so they know I'm not some weirdo. I'm only 18 and I look like I'm 16. I'm definitely not threatening.

It's probably not so much about speaking with you as it is about speaking with everybody who comes there. A big problem I suppose would be that there would be people who already are out of high-school there too. (although looking at this thread that doesn't seem to be the case XD)

I will try to get one of my friends to come. I'm sure my parents would be more comfortable if there was somebody I personally know (and they personally know) there too.

My name is Max, and my friends' names are Jesse and MinKyu. I seriously doubt MinKyu can come because his parents are really strict about him going to church on Sundays, and his session starts at around 8:00 AM. I'm not sure about Jesse though, his parents are usually lenient. It really depends on his homework load this weekend, though. I remember that his homework amount was what kept him from sleeping over at my house last saturday.

EDIT: If I can come by some miracle, I can bring a cube, a copy of smash, and the necessities for playing. I can also bring 2 extra controllers, but I'm sceptic on whether my friend will have one or not (he lent his only controller out to another friend), so only count on me having one extra (with a crappy Y button). I also can bring an AR >_>

Oh yeah, and a TV. 50/50 chance I might be able to bring a TV, but even then it would be an RF-only TV. Don't worry though, I have the original NES RF hookup so that we can play GC on it.

Last edited:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's probably not so much about speaking with you as it is about speaking with everybody who comes there. A big problem I suppose would be that there would be people who already are out of high-school there too. (although looking at this thread that doesn't seem to be the case XD)

I will try to get one of my friends to come. I'm sure my parents would be more comfortable if there was somebody I personally know (and they personally know) there too.

My name is Max Weand, and my friends' names are Jesse Evans and MinKyu Yang. I seriously doubt MinKyu can come because his parents are really strict about him going to church on Sundays, and his session starts at around 8:00 AM. I'm not sure about Jesse though, his parents are usually lenient. It really depends on his homework load this weekend, though. I remember that his homework amount was what kept him from sleeping over at my house last saturday.

EDIT: If I can come by some miracle, I can bring a cube, a copy of smash, and the necessities for playing. I can also bring 2 extra controllers, but I'm sceptic on whether my friend will have one or not (he lent his only controller out to another friend), so only count on me having one extra (with a crappy Y button). I also can bring an AR >_>

Oh yeah, and a TV. 50/50 chance I might be able to bring a TV, but even then it would be an RF-only TV. Don't worry though, I have the original NES RF hookup so that we can play GC on it.

Holy **** my name is Max too! Zomg

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Holy **** my name is Max too! Zomg
omfg i feel your vibes, man!

Anyways, that was a quick failure. My friend Jesse can't go because he has a data with his gf late in the night, and I couldnt get ahold of my friend MinKyu because he has a Kumdo (basically like Kendo) competition going on right now until around 10:00. =/

t3h suck

I'm not completely sure about Jesse though, I will see if he can get to your thing really late. He did say he serioursly doubts his parents will let him go to something right after his date.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm coming around 7:30. I'm walking so I my timing will probably be a little off. I'm not staying overngiht though cause I have a class on Sunday morning. Great timing btw!!!

I'm going to call you when I reach the intersection of Park Center and King Street so you can tell me where I'm supposed to go.
alright man, cool beans, I'll have my phone next to me at all times
omfg i feel your vibes, man!

Anyways, that was a quick failure. My friend Jesse can't go because he has a data with his gf late in the night, and I couldnt get ahold of my friend MinKyu because he has a Kumdo (basically like Kendo) competition going on right now until around 10:00. =/
y

I'm not completely sure about Jesse though, I will see if he can get to your thing really late. He did say he serioursly doubts his parents will let him go to something right after his date.
Hope you can come man. If you can't, that's cool, hopefully I'll see you at a tournament

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Is there any way I can come earlier, cuz I can't stay overnight...

AWw you can't stay?? dang..

leave whenever you want from this point out to come here early(thats to everyone)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm going in a little while.

Sypher- Don't worry, I'm still a high school junior. I understand the whole parent thing WAYYY too well.

Boss and Korn might be coming.

I called TAK$ and he said he'd come.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm going in a little while.

Sypher- Don't worry, I'm still a high school junior. I understand the whole parent thing WAYYY too well.

Boss and Korn might be coming.

I called TAK$ and he said he'd come.
that sounds awesome man. THanks for the help.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Screw homework, I'm leaving right now. I'm bringing a copy of smash cuz you said you have a wii and a cube.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
GAH this sucks...I really wanted to go to this thing. I've had nobody good to play in over a month.

My friends can't come, and my dad gave me a no for the "I'll go it alone from here."

His reasoning was that I had to do homework and that I needed sleep.

I offered to go at 7:30, then have him pick me up around 10-11, but he said he didn't want to make the 15-minute drive. AOUIFHOPS AJ HTO;USYPIUQOIBNXZQAWOEIU SDO NA;WGO

SO. GAY.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Ok, so TAK can't come. =/

Still trying to contact Boss/Korn, either way I hope people see this thread as they come back from UMBC.

COME TO THIS!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
GAH this sucks...I really wanted to go to this thing. I've had nobody good to play in over a month.

My friends can't come, and my dad gave me a no for the "I'll go it alone from here."

His reasoning was that I had to do homework and that I needed sleep.

I offered to go at 7:30, then have him pick me up around 10-11, but he said he didn't want to make the 15-minute drive. AOUIFHOPS AJ HTO;USYPIUQOIBNXZQAWOEIU SDO NA;WGO

SO. GAY.
sry man that sucks

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Korn & Boss: U R GHEY. That is all.

Thanks for the fest GIMR, I'll try coming over next week. My friend might come too, but he is a noob (he doesn't own a copy of the game noob).

boss8

Smash Hero
Korn & Boss: U R GHEY. That is all.

Thanks for the fest GIMR, I'll try coming over next week. My friend might come too, but he is a noob (he doesn't own a copy of the game noob).
o yea it's not easy coming from maryland all the way to VA plus we were tired in the process.

DO YOU WANNA MM $20

yea i didn't think so :chuckle:

anyways i will show up to one just not this week what about next week???

im only being confident-y? comeover just to **** you all????

but i should have fun in he process. see yall next week.

besides whenever i poist people to come to my house no one comes so BOO ***** HOO

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
o yea it's not easy coming from maryland all the way to VA plus we were tired in the process.

DO YOU WANNA MM $20

yea i didn't think so :chuckle:

anyways i will show up to one just not this week what about next week???

im only being confident-y? comeover just to **** you all????

but i should have fun in he process. see yall next week.

besides whenever i poist people to come to my house no one comes so BOO ***** HOO
I can understand the being tired part. Ok, I'm up for that $20 mm just cause sage called you gay LOL.

Comeover to **** us all? *yawn*

When you post about your fest, you post them the day of, usually in the early afternoon when people are already off doing stuff.

/rant, game set and match.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
You're right though Korn, it was a bit late.

Come to the next one, there's a lot of space and it's pretty nice.

You almost beat me at that game store, I was playing as hard as I could.

Somedays I just can't tech, don't know why.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
So there's another one? What date/time? I might be able to go if I alert my parents in advance. Plus, I could bring along a friend this time. (maybe)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I'm coming on friday with a friend, a cube, a TV, and all the other neccessities for smash play (whether you like it or not).

It was mentioned in ChuDat's bi-weekly thread that it's only past 4:00, which is a great time. My friend would only be able to stay around 6-ish though...but I can stay longer.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If it's after four then I'll come right after school. There's no point in me walking home. GIMR can you say something confirming this though? I've only heard it from boss...

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
If it's after four then I'll come right after school. There's no point in me walking home. GIMR can you say something confirming this though? I've only heard it from boss...
HEY
i thought we were going together and im giving you a ride?!?

Edit:
can anyone confirm this is still going on before i go....

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
actually yeah i need to know if this thing is going on too.

my parents would be pissed if they took me and my friend to some place for 'absolutely no reason'...

we're here right now, playing smash, so we can come at virtually any time.

BTW, everybody, I tried calling him and I got no answer. I will call again soon.

Top Bottom