• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albuquerque's MUST COME z0mg Spectacular Tournament Results

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
RESULTS:

Brawl Singles:

1: Dekar ($108.00)
2: Overgames ($108.00)
3: Jt! ($24.00)
4: GoldenGlove
5: Tim
5: Ax
7: Z-Man
7: Sinz
9: Kash
9: Isaccard
9: TSM
9: Adam
13: O-Dub
13: Tyrant
13: Ant
13: Mario
17: Goyf
17: Xion
17: D-Wreck
17: Gray
17: Junior (DP)
17: Twister
17: Bdub (DP)
17: Tekkie
25: Zombie Tuna (DP)
25: Ewok (DP)
25: Stampliken
25: Itachi

Brawl Doubles:

1: No Worry Beef Curry (Molls + Dekar) ($132.00)
2: No Gimmicks, Just Sexually Defile Z-Man (Nolan + Goyf) ($66.00)
3: Sad Face (Tim + Sinz) ($22.00)
4: Neilwetsthebed.com (Salty + Z-Man)
5: The Evangelists (GG + Neil)
5: Hello Kitty Pinball (Kash + Derek)
7: Crabtossers (Jt! + Ax)
7: Adamant (Adam + Ant)
9: Puberty Is For Whores (Xion + TSM)
9: Juniors (Brian + Matt)
9: 3 Musketeers (Jared + Josh)

Melee Singles:

1: Lovo ($54.00)
2: Slip-N-Slide ($27.00)
3: HIV+ ($9.00)
4: GoldenGlove
5: Sinz
5: Ken Geedorah take me to your leaders in
7: Oops
7: Calixto
9: Vohros

Melee Doubles:

1: Curly Plumbers (SMSG + HIV+) ($70.00)
2: Galaxy Trucker (Paul + Erich) ($30.00)
3: Win (Lovo + Ken)
4: Jeff (Sinz + GG)
5: Half-Life (Oops + Rono)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Fun tournament. It would have been nice if practicing for this would have mattered.

EDIT:
Half life was Oops and Rono, Win was Lovo and Ken.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Good **** everyone, and thanks to CO for coming out.

KC - ****, you'll be missed. Congrats on the marriage and good luck in the Navy. At least we managed to get in some games this tourney. Your Toon Link was the most impressive thing there for a lot of people, myself included.

Casey and Molly - Congrats on your wins in singles and doubles, and thanks for organizing and running NM's best tournament in a long while.

Everett - Unfortunate that the MK ban kind of snuck up on you. GGs though, your Snake is still killer. However, one thing: I don't care how frustrated you are with the proceedings, refusing to exchange GGs and a handshake after a match is terrible sportsmanship.

Derek - I feel like I have your Luigi's number, but I scrub out. GGs, and major congratulations on taking Dekar to the last game of the second set in GF.

Walker - Sorry to hear about the rule misinterpretation. It's up to the opponent to call out or let slide those minor and practically ineffectual breaches...sucks that Adam chose the former. Your ICs still **** face.

Nolan - Whenever I looked over and caught a snippet of your games, you were ****** some person or another. Your Pikachu is really great about not stopping for any reason. So yeah, GJ, if not for your specific placing, then for the sexiness you employed to get it.

Neil - Well, we had a semi-decent run at doubles. Congrats on beasting Melee, Jeris' crazy Luigi antics aside.

JT - $24 MM??

Ken - GGs in Melee. When it came to that Green Greens match, I was basically just a flailing magikarp whose last-ditch spash attack happened to do hyper-critical damage.

Lovo - Nice **** in Melee.

Jeris - Equally nice **** in Melee.

Paul - Nice job ****** in the one event you showed up in time for.

Erich - I had been playing on that TV in front of the bathroom for a long while, and I never noticed you walk in...then you emerge from it. That was a pretty intense mindgame. Also, good stuff in those tons of games we played, right?

Davis - ****, we actually haven't played each other in a long while. That'll have to be remedied next time. Rest up, and thanks for the awesome Steven Family battle theme.

Tim - Classy as always. However, all of my losses after playing you were your fault. All the alcohol inhibited my playing ability. You know, the alcohol you used to SPIKE MY PUNCH.

Bryan - GGs as always man. I tried to do a better job of dying once you brought it to my attention. Now then, know that the following isn't directed only at you. There's several people I saw at the tournament who don't totally know how a double blind works, so for future reference!

How Double Blind Picks Work
Players call judge to perform double blind. First, Player 1 tells judge his or her character, making sure that Player 2 does not hear. Player 2 then chooses his or her character. There is no need for Player 2 to tell the judge his or her character, he or she simply makes his or her selection. Player 1 then chooses his or her character, with the judge standing by to ensure that Player 1 indeed selects the character he or she whispered to the judge. Done, begin match.

Again, great **** everyone. Above all, I just had a lot of fun playing you guys. High-level tourney play without the super-serious homosexual tone that usually comes along with it. Homoerotic, sure, but never gay. Right then, to copy-paste this in the results thread.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wait... WHAT?!?

LoVo finally beat Jeris? Please tell me that you guys recorded that ****. Those matches had to be hot stuff.

Gratz neil and teh goldengluvs on preventing CO from steamrolling top 3. Shame I didn't go. Woulda happened, too. D: D: D:

But yeah, props for puttin' CO low on the Brawl tier list. Now ya just have to beat... erm... whoever we consider our best at Brawl? Umm... I dunno who that is. Me?

lolyeahrite

Can't wait to see ya guys at Super Con. Get your Melee **** together, so we can have some super-tight crew battles.

Oh, we're having a C3T tournament this weekend. Should be big. Come and get more money from us in Brawl, and bring your Melee players, so we can tell them how to catch up.

<3 NM. Good **** in Barwl, guize.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Fun tourney. Too bad that I showed up 4-5 hours late. The only event I could enter was melee doubles.

Thanks to CO for coming down.

Also, no SF4 made me sad. That's the only reason I even showed up in the first place.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna steal GG's idea and copy/paste my shoutouts here and the other thread! Bwahahahaha!

GG- Hah, I stole your idea AND spiked your punch, truly I am a mastermind! Fun games as always, good work robbing Green Greens of its magic.

Ax- Your bair super bounce spike...the rocks saving you...next time you won't be so lucky, Gadget! Also, don't feel bad, I beat GG and he placed above us >.< We gotta get that Donkey Kong!

Sinz- I'm sorry you didn't get to has your main, but it were fun teaming with ya/brawl+ing/brawling with ya. Come visit us from Utah whenevs ye can.

Neil- Thanks for letting us stay at your hoose, good jorb wrecking the others in melee MMs. I hope you enjoyed our low tier rumbles, sorry I don't have a good character to face ye with =/ I heart you

Z-man- Soon, the Psychic Fatties will rule all the world!

Dekar- Good jorb on first, you're just lucky my Ganon is tourney banned!

Molly- Good jorb on running the tourney.

Paul- Your kirby, too amazing? Also, thankies for bringing brawl+, was fun times. I too am saddened by the fact that there was exactly 0 sf4. I wanted to Rufus people in the face...

Eric- More rock climbing! Also, I agree with GG, I didn't see you go into the bathroom, only saw you come out...

Goyf- Fun randoms with you sir, too bad about yer tourney match.

Overgames- I think your name is Derek, but we'll just err on the side of caution here. Pretty beastly stuff sir, I can't believe your shoryuken in the final match final stock showdown missed =( We should team sometime, call it "Better than mario"

Kash- God ****it, sleep before a tourney you noob. Also, thanks for throwing the team match, it means you are allowed to crash here again!

Bathroom at the venue- I am soooo sorry.

My hat- ****, you're just too amazing.

Other CO guys- Get bent.

Tekkie- fun friendlies with ya early on, but then you vanished or I got tricked or something.

People I didn't play- Why didn't we play? BECAUSE YOU'RE JERKS. Do I have to go around yelling "money match" in order to play with people? I hate you all. (Call me)

People I forgot- I'm sorry, tell me and I'll add you!

PS- Yeah, listen to Tony. Our last big tourney before supercon is this coming weekend, so if you want more practice/fun driving happy times, get over here. It's a C3 thing, so it's on the www.coloradocutthroat.com site.

tekkie

Smash Master
Yes, I suppose some shoutouts are in order.

Timotee - thanks for coming down, man. It was totally excellent. That hat is so *****in', and so is your Ness playing.

JT - I was gonna double blind DDDizzle in the first round, but that didn't work out. You totally wrung my D3 a new one regardless. And I can't get Kirby through your blasted fair. Totally fun games. Also, Dedede is Snake's worst matchup, so you might need to find some sort of anti-DDD (if you have to fight someone who knows how to use him heh)

GG/some sort of Steven spelling variant - awesome DK ****. Very intense and fun matches. I'm so glad I got the replay of that second match; that crane kill in the far corner was crazy.

Nolan - every time I play as wolf vs. ZSS I'm going to be preoccupied with practicing item boosting (in the middle of the match). Fun friendlies. I wonder how many other people have a secretly awesome Diddy.

Ax - as usual, awesome friendlies. Your Pit is so absurd, and now I need to learn to play against Wario, too. Especially on Ice Summit.

Dekar - thanks for the Mountain Dew. Also, good job running stuff and winning.

Overgames - good games (against other people). We need to showdown sometime. Next time, beat Dekar :D

Molly - lovely work running things as well. Also, good work in Doubles.

Kash - you're a crazy man. Go to sleep before you have an aneurysm or something.

Zman - moar friendly action plz.

Goyf - you too.

Sinz - yes, the anti-MK ruling was way too late. The Snake action was pretty sweet, though. That match vs. Stampliken's Falcon was gorgeous.

Adam - Um, you seem like a cool guy with that crazy Diddy action going on and whatnot.

Everyone I didn't play against - Come on, it's a smash tournament. You need to be more open to friendly matches guyz.

The venue bathroom - Sorry we didn't get to fight. Maybe next time.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Since everyone is copypasting their shout-outs...

Shoutout time!

Overgames-Funny and polite (too polite...*sideways look*) as always. Good job ****** in singles. I wish I could say more, but we didn't play and all that jazz. :-(

Kash-Sleep, goddammit! We didn't play either, sorry you didn't do as well as you hoped. Funny as always. Your knock-knock jokes suck wangs, tho. >_>

Stephen(Steven? Screw it, GG)-Likewise, GG's as always. Your DK's time WILL be up soon, I can feel it. You just need to die when you're supposed to, dammit. The Mirror Shield is coming....excellent matches once again. Also, I DO know how to double-blind, I just went ****** status and thought you already had picked/were about to pick the character. My bad.

Neil-Not much to say, but seeing your Peach live to...242% in Melee?...was hilarious and sexy. Woooot.

GG+Neil Team-Ah, what can I say, we just couldn't pull through today. Good job on dividing and conqueroring us, but just wait til next time...

Nolan-We didn't play (sad) but you're hilarious as always. LOL at our failure Wii powercord/game mix-and-matching.

Goyf-We ALSO didn't play (goddammit, stupid 2 free passes I got). I won't comment on what happened with your chain grabs...just sucks. However, you are good enough to have made a hole in losers easily. Wish you played :-(

Nolan + Goyf-JT and I knew you guys were gona be a team we especially needed to look out for, based on the razor thin outcome of the Anime doubles match. Now you have your revenge. What can I say? I don't know what it is, but that Pikachu + G&W combo can be tough. We pro'D the first match, JT got rammed, then clutched, but still lost, the 2nd, and then you guys bent us over for the third (we did like 60 damage combined to us by the time we each lost a life...fail!). I fell into G&W's turtles and jazz too much, and I grabbed Pikachu way too little. Great job, and nice tourney ranked for doubles. It's our turn to beast ya'll though, so watch it.

Z-man-Failure as usual. I think there was nothing left of that toliet after you finished with it. I ALSO didn't play you, and even really see you play, but 7th ain't bad, so good job. Funny convos as always. LOL at green stickers galore. Thanks for making kme realize that I'm gona be an old 20 year old soon, ****.

Salty-We didn't talk, play, or anything. Lame sauce. Which may be for the best, cause Pit dittos can be one of the gayest things under the sun.

Z-man + Slaty team-You guys looked sharp when I saw you play today...all I can say is, thank whatever diety that you didn't face JT and I! ego/10

Xion-Really? Wow, that's quite a surprise, man! So, does that leave fests out of the question, too? You shall be missed, and all the luck to yah for the wedding and the Navy. Go be a seaman, lulz. Also, everytime I watched you, be it teams or singles, your Toon Link was mega sexy, especially when you went 2 v 1. I wish you'd stick around for more of that sexy T.Link action alone, it's nice seing mid-low tiers being put to good use.

TSM-Dude, WTF. You come out of no where and bestow **** upon all those you see. I didn't get to talk to you at all, but you appear to be able to use a wide range of characters pretty well. You clearly need to show up more.

Twister-I saw some of you vs JT, and he later confirmed what tough matches those were. Glad you got to come out, keep it up. Too bad we didn't play Nice to see you have an account here as well.

JT-God, what happened? Well, we could have done better, but we faced some **** tough teams right off the bat. Wish we had gone that extra tiny push, cause 7th may be the worst we've gotten in a while, maybe even ever. Next time though, they won't stand a chance. Sexy taking 3rd too, that's the way it's done. But son of a ***** **** **** on ours, blah! I need to stop using Norfair in tournies...in retrospect, I don't think I've ever won a match on it, and usually dies from lava 90% of the time when I play it. Fail >_<

Austin-Beat Overgames in a round is good stuff. Didn't get to see you play any others...you always get to play like the best people first, sucks. But, you made a nice notch in the rankings.

Dekar- I have nothing to say to you, since you lost first in Risk. That's what you get for being over ambitious! Nice on taking first, even if that statement has already been worn thin, lulz. Good thing you didn't have to face me, though. Ka-ching!

Molly-Good job on making NM look like a cult with these T-shirts. I need a new one, BTW. Also, I want everyone to remember that JT, Choco, and I started this trend.

Tekkie-Our friendlies were fun, awesome, and win. Always nice to see you and your crew come down for a hellava good time. You have some tricks about you, I must say. Good conversation to boot.

Tim-Nice to meet you, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Also, gimme that hat. GG's, some crazy vodoo magic went down on Pirate Ship (WTF at my Bair into ship spike). Yet you some how placed above me as the top 5th place :-( Boo. Thanks for making to trip down, hope you liked it.

CO Brawlers-Easily the best part of the tourny was when you guys showd up at the last hour. There we were, think you wouldn't show, and woosh! In walks a fountain of awesome and win.

TX Brawlers-*tumble weed* Actually, Adam was from TX, correct? That diddy vs Dk matches looked pro.

At JT, Austin, and my Mom-Holy ****, get 4 stocked in Star Wars Saga Trivia Pursuit. Dewbacks, Poggle the Lesser, Bib Fortuna, etc. I want that crown, Austin.

Also, Risk was **** and hilarious. Atmosphere for sure. Nintendo Monopoly, too?

Everyone else-*****. No realy, GG's, hope all had fun.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
shoutoutsss

@Two random guys from Texas Walker and I played first round:
Sorry I was a tourney *** and wouldn't let you switch after we chose characters. I'm a ****. =P. But GGs, ant's pit was fun to play against. Adam's got a good diddy in the works, hope to see you guys moar.

@JT GJ on getting 3rd son. You tore me a new one, I need moar ROB practice. More friendlies next fest? Kthx!

@Ax With our powers combined we make ONE WII.

@Crabtossers Great Teams games. Ours are always close and todays were no different. Shield my electric ****, yo! I always thought you were about to pull that thing out so I was careful game one, but after you didn't use it at all Ax I just threw **** at you left and right for the next two. See you guys in grand finals next time =P

@Hello Kitty Pinball Oh ***** those games were close. I think you guys might have gotten us game three if davis had gotten more sleep and had less running into f smashes, but ggs nonetheless. Friendlies were fun with of you guys.

@Timotee We didn't play. D:

@TSM Great shiek. I definitely want to play more games with you. LOL at me chaingrabbing>fsmash>killing you>suiciding myself. Next time I'll do less of that XP. See you around

@Molly and Dekar. GGs, Your rock took me by surprise a good few times Molly. Dekar did his normal dickery. I played really bad that last set. D: Next time beef curry will worry.

@Zman Ow it hurts our singles games ow. We'll have to play moar friendlies that aren't my falcon vs your lucario.

@Goyf Nice job in doubles alllll day. I think we can coordinate together 9001 times better then previously. I'll play moar defense next time you'll grab dekar out of my grabs =P

@Steven GGs to all the friendlies we didn't play, but we played a bunch the day before so I'll forgive you. Thanks a lot for the ride. If I knew the Steven Family Theme song I would definitely, well, acknowledge it. Use fsmash to get through tornado.

@Xion Since you're leaving we have to play a jillion friendlies next chance we get. Your toon link really showed its moves in that match with Davis and Derek. Great job. :D Good luck with your time in the Navy my friend.

@Twister I didn't play you either. ;_;

@Tekkie Fun friendlies. Get item boosting down BEFORE we start playing, not practicng it mid match =P. ZSS/DiddyvsWolf games were fun, moarrr.

@Davis Pajama parties are where its at. Thanks for the fun time and breakfast. Next time we'll finish Digimon.

@Derek Next time team cute will be the winners. However I might high five you a bit too hard if you continue to try to convince everyone the lie that kirby is cuter then pika. ilu <3 (but srsly i'll kill you)

@everyone I forgot GGs

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am sorry about not shaking your steven, I was still really pissed. Next time I see you. I owe you a handshake.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
@Goyf Nice job in doubles alllll day. I think we can coordinate together 9001 times better then previously. I'll play moar defense next time you'll grab dekar out of my grabs =P
And I promise to get the controller ports right/not to Usmash you.

btw, where is this magical thread? What with the search function being crap and profiles down for some reason, I can't for the life of me find it.
here

Top Bottom