• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

nWoCHRISnWo

Smash Rookie
Are there any regular public Melee tourneys/get togethers? I thought I once saw a banner with "Saturdays at noon, U of A" on it? Smash every Saturday?

When's the next Melee tourney in Edmonton?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Animethon (Edmonton) is our next melee tournament. Aug 9.

I hope to see everyone there.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There won't be a get together this Saturday because w will be hosting a brawl tournament this Sunday. However all other Saturdays unless stated otherwise will host smash.

nWoCHRISnWo

Smash Rookie
Throw me some details on this regular Saturday get together. Usual duration? How many people generally show up? Always 1v1's? Friendly tourneys, or just a bunch of random matches? Certain rulesets always? Free?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
12-whenever, i would guess 5pm or so
i think it ranges from 5-20, edmonton has to confirm (i'm calgary)
1v1s, 2v2s
friendlies and pools/tourneys
competitive ruleset (4 stocks, no items, etc)
free to play, bring your own controller

Krizski

Smash Rookie
I live in calgary s.e been trying to get into the smash competitive scene recently, if i want to practice with some of you guys in calgary is there a certain location and time you guys usually play?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
every thursday we play at uofc in mac hall. its our smash group club. 6pm-10pm.

this thursday will be more brawl based. we have friendlies where people play casually, then we usually have an event each day, and this thursday i believe it is brawl day. last week was P:M, and the week before that was melee so stay tuned. everyone here has left smashboards and pretty much migrated to our fb group to chat and stuff. but ill be checking here once in a while.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/albertasmash

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Hard to keep the regional threads alive, but I sure haven't left smashboards. I appreciate that it doesn't send me fourteen notifications everytime someone posts a lame GIF.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Hard to keep the regional threads alive, but I sure haven't left smashboards. I appreciate that it doesn't send me fourteen notifications everytime someone posts a lame GIF.

unsubscribe from the group, so you don't get any notifications and you can just browse without getting emails.

same thing with smashboards though, i get alerts and emails too unless i unsubscribe.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
unsubscribe from the group, so you don't get any notifications and you can just browse without getting emails.

same thing with smashboards though, i get alerts and emails too unless i unsubscribe.

It's true, I'm more or less immune to meaningless notifications appearing en masse across all fields of social media, so that's not so much the problem. It's more that I just fundamentally prefer a discussion board that's arranged into subject-based threads, which eliminates the need to browse through everything just to find the pertinent event information or what-have-you. 2013 social media is too fast-paced for such organization! I gots to get with the times.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Yo guys,
Saskatoonian here, hopefully coming to next Beatdown. I posted a thread in the workshop section but I realized the hacks I mentioned are all in the Beatdown videos. For the life of me I can't find the announcer countdown hack, or the stage selection screen hack. Could someone be a bro and post them here or send them to me?

Also if you guys know how, I don't know how to get CSPs working with my blue menus. (Someone said my game wouldn't start if I tried to enable both) but it looks like you guys were able to so it fine...

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Damned smilies lagged me since I'm on a mobile. Curses! I meant to also post I don't necessarilu need the background of the stage selection screen (it looks really cluttered and the outline of the stages is a bit strange) but if they can't be separated that's fine. I just want the ability to pick between Smashville textures/other stage textures lol.

MMing Shaft tomorrow, wish me luck :>

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Heard Smashboards was being DDoS'd. Thought I'd help. But holy crap this place is a time machine. You guys still play and Randall still writes his essays.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom