• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
no smashers in fort mac.

have fun working up there. i think i lost 5 years of my life during the 8 months there.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
if u,brad and i pooled capital and split the work we could have a decent sized regional tournament going b4 the end of this year. I am going to join the nerd club at mru this year so i could probably get some good info on where we can hold 1/ get rooms to play in at mru
edit: bad mood bcause i lost glasses

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i just found this on the club n3rd forums, looks kinda promising

"Gamer Sundays at ****ens

by presilulz » December 7th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a heads up that ****ens is opening their doors at noon on Sundays for anyone who wants to get some gaming done. It's something being organized by 2 buddies of mine.

Right now the focus is on board and tabletop gaming, although they are open to other stuff. There's a Heroscape tournament going on this Sunday, and some M:tG folks hopefully coming in as well. If you're wanting to play some other board games, you can do that, too, they have a few available.

They're also in the process of getting their web connections upgraded with the plan to have Starcraft tourneys down the road.

They're also very open to other ideas or suggestions for stuff you might want to do. Have an idea? Swing by on Sunday and talk to Ryan or Miles about it!

They're located right downtown at 9th & 9th, a little up the street from the (*barf*) Roadhouse. ****ens is also pretty C-Train accessible.

Any questions, comments, queries or concerns, lemme know and I'll try to answer! "
D I C K E N s
i didnt mean to b hostile, i consider matt a friend and wanted to make sure he knew that just about everyone in this community has lots of commitments

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I ' ll chip in as well

yo James you going to u of t bro? I hear thats a good university.
On top of that i wanna smash now.
Nah, I'm just going to the U of C. A friend posted that on Facebook.

You can't find one? You're living in one right now...
House smashfests are extremely dependent on parents, especially when you're 16.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i would try to bum a ride off tyson!
my house is almost always a better choice tho, from my knowledge about your parents
i am having moe over tommorow but we probably will end up playing the original and old pokemon;)

Rush

Smash Apprentice
^There's yo smashfest people. Arthur you live in Woodlands right? You're closer to Clarke's house than the UofC, no johns. I may show up myself....

Tyson651

Smash Lord
and i can grab ben, clarke, moe or whoever too to come, np.

only can get 3 peeps though, car too small for a 4th passenger (still possible, but gonna be tight as hell)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol i only really play the original, ill have to pull out peach in teams;)
im not going to practice melee just hope the instinct transfers.
moe will come around 12:30 i think and probably leave around 5, got a new arrangement for the room im hosting in(no more sketchy bookshelf!)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
"n i g" (is censored lawl) you decide if you want to host lol. you gotta get the word out and see if people can make it if you do though. otherwise sunday works for me too.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Looks like things are working out then.

if u,brad and i pooled capital and split the work we could have a decent sized regional tournament going b4 the end of this year.

Forget the teamwork! I have a plan in the works I hope already! (that being said, once I'm less busy with Camping(all this previous week) and PAX (this coming weekend) I will be talking/doing a lot more. |After PAX I hope to begin a lot more work on stuff you guys should hopefully care about|

Also, dunno if capital is meant spending or gaining, but typically speaking a TO should never AIM to make money from a tournament, only overshoot for the sake of breaking even, regardless of attendees.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i meant spent, i dont think makin money as a TO is right and certainly not what what i meant.
i hope u can come arthur, maybe we could play some doubles;)

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, so just to let you know, I'm selling off a whole, bunch of N64 stuff. Already sold a console, a controller, and pokemon stadium. Also have a gentleman picking up my copy of smash bros tomorrow evening, but as the ad says, its first come first serve, so if any of you would like to beat him to it, that'd be fine haha. Heres the link if you want to check it out
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...s-eBay-priced-Pick-up-only-W0QQAdIdZ407407555

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yo Matt can u hold a copy of DK 64, Paper Mario and broken N64 for me.
- Moe -
Paper Mario 64 - Very small (unnoticable) amount of label damage - $35
Banjo Kazooie - $17
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards - Large amount of front and back label damage - $20
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 "Lakeside Video" labels on front and back- $7

These games are all cool,

I'll play DK against you in grand finals to give me paper mario over Moe.

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Yo Matt can u hold a copy of DK 64, Paper Mario and broken N64 for me.
- Moe -
I need money ASAP. I don't really know if I can hold them for you as someone already offered to buy the broken console. If we make concrete plans for you to come over this weekend and Smash, then I could probably hold em. Hard to say

Or if you pay me through Paypal then technically they'd be sold :D

Top Bottom