• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Hype matches man, Paul you did good!
Cold star Focus crumple was bes moment.

Edit:
Oh, when would be a good time to get my controller back from Dallas?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
you could try, but to be honest it get gets really crowed somtimes for such a small area.
I agree with this, and Tubby Dog is pretty much always booked for things too

Thats why I'm looking at other establishments (also ones that arn't in an area that some people find hard to get to)

edit: If anyone has any suggestions but don't have time to contact the company, I've actually been doing that lately, and I have professional business cards and actual background information to back it up, I've been "starting a business" more or less, so I can actually put down a business meeting with people to help

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Yo that's so gay. You shoulda had that.

:phone:
ya despite the fact that the crowd was mostly on my side i still choked pretty bad haha, illl have to run it back at canada cup!
Hype matches man, Paul you did good!
Cold star Focus crumple was bes moment.

Edit:
Oh, when would be a good time to get my controller back from Dallas?
thanks dude :D, as for your controller, seeing as you live so far from me, well have to meet up somewhere probably at the next smash fest? ill also bring you your book you left in allans car too XD

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Paul, mad respect after seeing those matches, nice moves, too much nerves though.

From your knowledge how would you rank in Calgary do you think?

Taste

Smash Apprentice
So, lets talk finances. Over the course of the summer and spring we've made use of conference rooms and such at uofc and I think we should continue using them this next year. Notice how we haven't payed any door fees for a while? Currently we (I?) owe the conference center for about 105$. I can pay it all next paycheck, though if anyone would like to help me pay it off it'd be nice

After this little debt is paid off I think we can just keep it free for good.

Edit:
And speaking of this new year, how often are people feeling we want to meet to play smash? And what day?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Just get everyone to chip in a little and that should help.

I'm down Friday evening, sat or sun

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Yea I'm not asking anyone to pay half, I just think if we all pitch in it'll be no biggie.

We need to think about what night would be good to have smashfests. I'm almost feeling a weeknight. Also, are we going to start our own club? Or stick with VGC.

Also Paul, thanks for finding that book. I was wondering where my copy of Shades of Gray went.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I'll chip in as well. If we go for a weeknight, I think Friday night might be the best option. Saturdays are still good for me though. Do we have the numbers required to start a club, and what would be the benefits and responsibilities?

Also, Ben, do you still want my N64+Smash64? If so, I can give it to you next smashfest.

Quaff

Smash Rookie
I could help chip in a little too, and I think that a weekly Saturday/Sunday Smash Fest would be AMAZING. :3

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
OMG, the U of T frosh guide parodies the SSBB instruction booklet! I really want to read it now...

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Just get everyone to chip in a little and that should help.

I'm down Friday evening, sat or sun

Or... we could host a tournament and collect the proceeds for the debt!

If we make it an actual event, meaning gimme some time and set a good date where more people can attend and we advertise it, I might be able to get a small sponsorship to cover the lack of a larger payout.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't need to be that complicated. It sounds like everyone would be down to just pitch in.

Lets meet for a smashfest in the next few weeks and I can borrow dat smash 64/controller, return kurts mario kart, and we can pool together the 105.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
It doesn't need to be that complicated. It sounds like everyone would be down to just pitch in.

Lets meet for a smashfest in the next few weeks and I can borrow dat smash 64/controller, return kurts mario kart, and we can pool together the 105.
I want to smash as much as possible until school starts cause my classes just ended

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well I am thinking more like mid september now. I think it'll end up working better with everyone. Which weekend works best mid september for everyone?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
That works for me since I'm going to PAX.

No times ever work cause school, but I'll do my best any time.

Aim for a weekend where like, monday or something is holiday, so i don't have to be back so soon

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Whats your definition of long weekend?
Is it around 3 days or so?
If so then the Labor day weekend is the long weekend in September.
I think

Taste

Smash Apprentice
We can't use any UofC Conference rooms until we pay the 105. Student Clubs space is available if need be though.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah basically september is hooped cause school is a *****.

Luke, I'd ultimately just make the decision on your own terms

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I will also provide car pool for 3 peeps to Edmonton and back. Will be leaving Friday afternoon or evening probably, and come back to Calgary on Sunday noonish. But no guaranteed housing. Need mom's approval.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Hey guys. I'm a Falco main from BC, and i'll be working in Fort McMurray come the end of the month. Any smashers in the Fort Mac area? I don't mind making trips down to Edmonton once I start making some money, granted I have the time off. For most of September though i'll probably be stranded.

I'm a TO for Project M here as well, so after things get going i'd love to help out with that too :reverse:

Alphishans said:
Yeah, I'll probably have it the 22nd or 29th, hopefully people are down.
29th would defs be better for me but I can't confirm.

Top Bottom