• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
tl;dr Carl combo's your ****

Dan just waits and forward tilts you with marth no matter what.

Both people beat you equally hard, one just provides a show

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
I just met with the execs and talked about having melee and brawl and they don't seemed to be interested at all.
edit: It might not be worth going to it. Unless you want troll them at other games.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
If you let us know enough in advance I'm sure we can get one planned for you.

for the record, Dan is a very clear top 2 in our PR. He is most likely a lot better than the last time you played him. Regardless, I still support your comment. Arthur knows he is in for some butt hurt.
Carl actually does stuff

Dan just waits until you do stuff

Both are cool people though

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Since theres no smash at that particular event, I'm thinking:

Smashfest at the Hive this saturday, melee and brawl. From 12-4. It'd be free, we could organize an impromtu tourney depending on who shows. Anyone interested?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
replicate post lol
I'm pretty sure Arthur doesn't actually know how to read.

Smashfest at the Hive this saturday, melee and brawl. From 12-4. It'd be free, we could organize an impromtu tourney depending on who shows. Anyone interested?
Why does everything ever have to be early. I might go.

Stevo

Smash Champion
so apparently according to 60% of my facebook friends it is Pi day (3.14 03/14)

does that mean the US doesn't have a Pi day?

and Pi doesn't stop at 3.14

Perhaps we should write out Pi base Pi

which is exactly 10

so I declare Pi day is now all of October, or every 10th day of the month.

we better celebrate both to be sure

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild

Hopefully I can go, since I just got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. Have you contacted the casual people, or will you email everyone if this goes through?

Also, can someone tell me how hard is it to get a 3.5 GPA in Engineering? Does it get harder?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
why do you want to get a 3.5?

i think the easiest way to describe the difficulty of getting 3.5 is that you should basically always be 2 standard deviations above everyone else in the class on midterm and final exams (while completing every assignment and lab assignment too).

i remember my year of engineering students had a 87% high school average of math/phys/chem/engl 30, and math 31.

though, i think motivation, study habits, and connections/friends are the biggest contributors to getting a good gpa.

and from my experience, it gets harder every year because courses get more technical and indepth, and a lot of people get weeded out in 1st and 2nd year. (i hope this doesnt offend anyone :/)

btw, if you're going into chemical engg, you can AMA.

edit: cant tell if brad trolling as usual, or just really ignorant lmao

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I got a scholarship for $11 400 per year, renewable in 2nd and 3rd year if I maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA.

Z score of +2? That's like 2% of the population under a normal curve, ouch.

I am going into chemical engg, since it's obviously the best engg. ;)

Edit:

I'll put those 3 words on a shirt and wear it every day to class.

T-block

B2B TST
what the hell that's massive

grats man =o

was it an academic scholarship? i'm sure you'll have no trouble maintaining 3.5 then. shoot for 4.0 ;D

don't let anything they tell you about uni in high school scare you. most of it is overblown =\

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i honestly don't have any interest or passion in what i'm studying in lol.

similar to most of the people i know in my class as well.

imo, an overblown image of uni is better than the opposite lol. thats why i tell people to study their ***** off and get ready to pull down your pants and get *****, so they're prepared lolol and not underestimate it (cause high school is a joke compared to uni).

and ya, like what michael said. i'm sure with a scholarship like that, you're smart enough to be on top of the class, and shoot 4.0s. congrats as well.

edit: ya, i mean, if you want over 3.5 you might as well be getting 2 SDs over. a little exaggerated, but under that its 3.7, then its 3.3. so you basically want 3.7+ for every course lol.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
It's looking good for this Saturday from 12-4. I'll try to line up our tvs, and we can sort out set-ups later.

@Arthur SHOW UP

@James NICE! CONGRATS! ON YOUR MISSING TEETH! and that scholarship too. 3.5 is for sure doable
Steve and Kurt told me they're coming, so they'll want to play you . We're also gonna do some melee so it'll be fun. I'll contact a few of the more casuals I think

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
the marvel and streetfighter community in calgary is so young there top players are like 15-16 years old i feel so old compared to them T.T

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I've been overcome with a huge urge to learn how to play street fighter x tekken lately..

game looks mad fun

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I got a scholarship for $11 400 per year, renewable in 2nd and 3rd year if I maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA.
Can I have that scholarship? I'm running 3.8 so far

the marvel and streetfighter community in calgary is so young there top players are like 15-16 years old i feel so old compared to them T.T
This isn't true.

I've been overcome with a huge urge to learn how to play street fighter x tekken lately..

game looks mad fun
Game looks mad imbalanced and silly

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
but...comp sci courses are so free
ENGG CPSC courses yeah... real CPSC courses not so much...

ENGG CPSC = programming = Software Engineering = required to take a bunch of totally unrelated 1st year ENGG courses like chem

CPSC CPSC = theory/turing machines/weird stuff

70's in CPSC > 80's/90's in high school

Is U of A's science department also like 98.5% bio students

Stevo

Smash Champion
Diablo 3 announced May 15th for anyone who might care.

I spent countless hours on diablo 1 and 2 as a kid, so I am actually looking forward to it. I doubt it can live up to diablo 1, or even diablo 2, but we'll see.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
It's looking good for this Saturday from 12-4. I'll try to line up our tvs, and we can sort out set-ups later.

@Arthur SHOW UP

@James NICE! CONGRATS! ON YOUR MISSING TEETH! and that scholarship too. 3.5 is for sure doable
Steve and Kurt told me they're coming, so they'll want to play you . We're also gonna do some melee so it'll be fun. I'll contact a few of the more casuals I think
Hansel said he'll go if I go, so I guess I'll go and we'll play Snake/Zelda. I also talked to another friend, and he's probably going to bring around 2-4 people. Apparently one of them is really good.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
brad come to tubby dogs next wednesday and find out.

yo i actually i played diablo2 expansion i had some sick gear with my hammerdin :D

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Gonna be lining up for collectors edition. Since eb games don't do preorders anymore

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Diablo 3 announced May 15th for anyone who might care.

I spent countless hours on diablo 1 and 2 as a kid, so I am actually looking forward to it. I doubt it can live up to diablo 1, or even diablo 2, but we'll see.
Well yeah, it's not gonna be nearly as good. but it'll likely be better than half the **** that comes out these days.

brad come to tubby dogs next wednesday and find out.
You say that as if any of those guys actually win tournaments they don't host.

yo i actually i watched diablo2 expansion i had some sick gear with my hammerdin :D
Fix'd

Hammerdins were for scrubs

I bought the standard edition but Im sure I will probably regret not getting the collectors edition. I tried the beta for 10 minutes a few days ago. Seems legit.

:phone:
I'm sure the collectors edition will have cool stuff, but since when is a usb drive with diablo 1 and 2 and a couple extra art books worth waiting in line for when we all already have them

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who hates post-WoW Blizzard?

Also does anyone here play Battlefield 3 on the PC

EDIT: Also I realized in every single mode in FB tetris, Michael is no 1 by a large margin

I want to see a replay

Stevo

Smash Champion
I wasn't going to say anything, but since Brad brought it up, I agree about Hammerdins. I hated hammerdins lol. No offense Paul.
But I mean, I disliked lots of things some of the newer patches brought to the game.

and I don't hate post-wow blizzard. I'm not sure why, though.

Oh, I know, because I hate pretty much every game company out there. Lesser of many evils I guess.

Top Bottom