• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I wasn't going to say anything, but since Brad brought it up, I agree about Hammerdins. I hated hammerdins lol. No offense Paul.
But I mean, I disliked lots of things some of the newer patches brought to the game.

and I don't hate post-wow blizzard. I'm not sure why, though.

Oh, I know, because I hate pretty much every game company out there. Lesser of many evils I guess.
Really? After they partnered with Activision they've been so greedy -_-

And I think indie companies like Gearbox (Borderlands) deserve some respect

Stevo

Smash Champion
I don't even care if a company is greedy to be honest. All the indie companies will turn more and more greedy as they get more popular.

I'm only talking about the quality of games that are released.

I don't remember the last time I was really excited for a game.
(besides Brawl, and we all know how that went)
Diablo 3 is the closest I've been to excited in a long time.

I will admit that I do not keep up to date on all of the gaming companies and what they release and what they've done etc. So you could be right.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Me too. I'm only really excited for d3. I'm getting the collectors mainly for the tyrael like wings and smoke paint

I trust blizzard because they actually care about quality.

:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice
The Hive is booked for a smashfest on saturday from 11-5. More time than I thought!

I'll find out the TV situation tomorrow, but if we can have a few people able to bring setups that'd be good.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
brad why dont you come to tubbys and talk with them and find out your self, and i can understand if you guys hated hammerdins there so good i had to be one :D

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't going to say anything, but since Brad brought it up, I agree about Hammerdins. I hated hammerdins lol. No offense Paul.
But I mean, I disliked lots of things some of the newer patches brought to the game.

and I don't hate post-wow blizzard. I'm not sure why, though.

Oh, I know, because I hate pretty much every game company out there. Lesser of many evils I guess.
I don't even care if a company is greedy to be honest. All the indie companies will turn more and more greedy as they get more popular.

I'm only talking about the quality of games that are released.

I don't remember the last time I was really excited for a game.
(besides Brawl, and we all know how that went)
Diablo 3 is the closest I've been to excited in a long time.

I will admit that I do not keep up to date on all of the gaming companies and what they release and what they've done etc. So you could be right.

This is sheer fact, Try to think of a game in the last 3 years that was good. Maybe it took a second, but cool you thought of one. Now think of 10. Ok cool, took a lot longer, but it can be done. Think of maybe 30? And remember, these are GOOD games, well made, well thought, well developed, good all around games that you enjoy and would play multiple times even just for campaign that doesn't change, like Diablo, Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, etc.

Now compare the list you constructed to what pops into your mind for 3 seconds of nintendo 64. Yeah, if you have any sense about you, you know that games now SUCK compared to what they used to be.

Look at consoles on top of that, consoles were so goddamn cool, now you might as well buy a computer for your tv. Nintendo is the only one still being creative and cool, too bad they're Family men now.

as in puzzle league?

i dooooo
Anybody here play pokemon puzzle? Now that's an intense game. Shame no one plays it though
Hell yeahhh puzzle league.
TOURNAMENT, next time.

brad why dont you come to tubbys and talk with them and find out your self, and i can understand if you guys hated hammerdins there so good i had to be one :D
You act as if I don't already know.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
tetris friends on FB or tetris battle?

does anyone even play tetris friends anymore?
Both lol, you own the leaderboards out of all my FB friends in both games

Gearbox actually said they don't put piracy protection on their games cause it ruins the experience for everyone

For that I think I will actually buy Borderlands 2

And a lot of lesser-known companies I like, especially the ones that aren't super protective about their games, IE. moddable etc

SC2 they don't allow any non-Blizzard hosted tournaments, so pretty much no Korean E-sports Association teams, and the maps you download have to be approved first and aren't actually locally stored on your computer

Companies I like are HAL Labratories for the first 2 smash games (no them = Brawl), I liked Nintendo quite a bit (but they're running out of ideas), Bohemia Studios for ARMA/Operation Flashpoint, also Gearbox, Bethesda (Fallout/The Elder Scrolls), and a lot of companies that got bought out or don't exist anymore like Sierra/Dynamix for Tribes 1/2, Free Radical for Timesplitters

Companies I hate are Blizzard-Activision, Activision, EA (less), Apple, Sony (after they put so much protection on the Vita and pretty much shut down homebrew)

TL;DR = The companies I like are smaller and/or retired/out of business :-/

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
Really? After they partnered with Activision they've been so greedy -_-

And I think indie companies like Gearbox (Borderlands) deserve some respect
I can honestly say that borderlands was one of the most surprisingly well made games I've played, sure the ending was a little anti climactic but the dlc made up for that, and the gameplay itself was phenomenal. Also borderlands 2, no words necessary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWJUSulnro

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Arthur you didn't say Rare.

Also how can you not hate EA?

edit: I loved borderlands and played the **** out of it, but honestly it wasn't that well made of a game.

Stevo

Smash Champion
can someone explain what is wrong with the ME3 ending?

Assume I know nothing about Mass Effect (which is true)

I watched the ending (or 3 endings?) and is the issue that they don't explain what happens to all the characters?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I don't play mass effect but a friend of mine was telling me that it was so random and stupid. Told me if you gave diablo a similar dumb ending it would be like, after killing diablo it will show a 7 second clip of everyone dying of starvation then the world ends lol.

Oh and the explanations they had for the previous ME series were really dumb.

I'm trying to type this without spoiling anything.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
can someone explain what is wrong with the ME3 ending?

Assume I know nothing about Mass Effect (which is true)

I watched the ending (or 3 endings?) and is the issue that they don't explain what happens to all the characters?
Basically none of your decisions mattered from previous games, you had 3 decisions regardless, and the 3 decisions ended up having the same cutscene anyways, the only difference being the different color that shaded over the whole thing. Yes really. There were also alot of loose ends they didn't clear up, and it all seemed very shoddily put together as a whole.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Basically none of your decisions mattered from previous games, you had 3 decisions regardless, and the 3 decisions ended up having the same cutscene anyways, the only difference being the different color that shaded over the whole thing. Yes really. There were also alot of loose ends they didn't clear up, and it all seemed very shoddily put together as a whole.

gotcha.

the endings did seem like pretty much the same thing to me, but I thought maybe I was missing something.

for such a popular title, you'd think they would have like an hour long ending or something lol.

SWEET BRO

Smash Rookie
all the endings were really bland and press x to chose what you wanna do instead of the 3 game span of choices and consequences the game totes so bad

ME went from a RPG to a ****ty GoW clone with "choices"

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Is pokemon puzzle league an original concept? Or is there a better known version? (not that anything beats pokemon) Like how there's always ports of tetris and whatnot.

We should play.

I'm downs.
Most recent version I know is planet puzzle league on the DS. It has online but it's only garbage mode. It was also released like 5 years ago. If only there was a PC version for it akin to tetris friends /o\.

Original concept for puzzle league is tetris attack on the SNES I think.

T-block

B2B TST
it was panel de pon in japan (for which tetris attack is the american port)

planet puzzle league is all right... feels really slow to me though. closest you can get to online is netplay on emulators.

speaking of which, i tried learning how to play it on keyboard a while ago, but i never did get really comfortable with it.

if i manage to host smash before i move we can just play PPL all day ^^

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You're moving? :V.

PPL gets really fast if you use the stylus to do like 3 simultaneous chains \o/. But then again, you play tetris and from what the others told me, you're like a god there so maybe it is slow for you haha.

T-block

B2B TST
oh i don't use stylus. i'm a traditionalist lol

that's a good point though... game would probably be pretty interesting then... i should try that.

yeah i'm off to BC in may ^^

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
gotcha.

the endings did seem like pretty much the same thing to me, but I thought maybe I was missing something.

for such a popular title, you'd think they would have like an hour long ending or something lol.
That's basically what all the fuss is about, a trilogy spanning 5 years and 3 games with all the hype leading into the 3rd game aaaaaand nothing.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
No idea, Arthur. I know the brawlers that are coming want to play melee too, that's about it.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Cept they're entirely different games...?

o_o.

Your question is like asking if why anyone would like badminton when there's tennis lol

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just don't get why people do so crazy about panel de pon, as much as they do.

Imo, Tetris is much more competitive and fun speed wise, and Wario's Woods seems like it could have so much more meta and complexity; it's a shame it kinda got swept under the rug.

Is it because it's slower that people like it so much? Do people like that sort of thing?

Top Bottom