• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
yo paul what do you press when you laser, fall on a platform while lasering, and fall through again with another laser really fast? are those isai drops? need to learn this so i can go from 4-stocking david to jv5-stocking him
ya they re isai drops
What tournament was this? I definately don't remember this.
that was in the summer when the majoritiy of edmonton came down to my place , you werent there

Crusayer

Smash Lord
try a SHL(or even just a SH) on a platform, as soon as you land, walk forward. Not run or anything, walk forward a little bit and then drop through the platform.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I think I've finally found a permanent main.

Sleak, you better keep getting faster. ;D

t3h Icy

Smash Master
u should just come up as well
Probably, but we couldn't get housing last time. But Edmonton went and there was only a dozen people instead of ~60ish or whatever, so we won anyway. ****.

But we'll definitely try to go up if something gets set in stone.

But.

T-block

B2B TST
Anyone from the Melee side interested in going to Genesis 2? I'm trying to get us organized.

T-block said:
Hey guys,

I want to do a Genesis headcount just to get a sense of who's going so we can start discussion and planning, because I'm not going to let this trip fall through. Just so everyone knows, I intend to go even if nobody else from AB goes.

Please reply (PM, post in thread, MSN, VM, w/e - just let me know somehow) which of the following describes your situation most accurately:
  1. I intend to go, and will unless extreme circumstances prevent me from doing so.
  2. I am strongly considering going, but I have not decided for sure yet.
  3. I do not intend to go at the moment, but I may decide to later.
  4. I am not going.

Make sure that if you answer 2, you really mean strongly considering. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks guys
I'm not gonna hound you guys for answers like I will the Brawl players, so if you're interested, make sure to let me know. I will probably make another post like this in a week or so.

T-block

B2B TST
Well, that's what I'm saying... it's easier for people to decide when they see who else is going.

Brawl has heavy interest at the moment, but I don't see why Melee players wouldn't want to come along too - especially if it lands us cheaper group rates for transportation/accommodation -_-

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I'd be down seb

sorry tuesday didn't work out Riley :\ I figured you didnt want to just play me over and over haha

Seb

Smash Rookie
hmm Im starting to think on second thought to do it up tomorrow.. are you guys doing anything tomorrow for smash? maybe a room at the uni?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down seb

sorry tuesday didn't work out Riley :\ I figured you didnt want to just play me over and over haha
It's okay, just let me know next time.

Actually I would have been perfectly content with it. You only get better by playing better people.

Plus, I'm getting into bad habits after playing my friends and CPU's a lot.

hmm Im starting to think on second thought to do it up tomorrow.. are you guys doing anything tomorrow for smash? maybe a room at the uni?
Let me know if you plan something

Triple EDITS: I don't mind being beaten over and over, whereuatdan? Smash 64.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Well, that's what I'm saying... it's easier for people to decide when they see who else is going.

Brawl has heavy interest at the moment, but I don't see why Melee players wouldn't want to come along too - especially if it lands us cheaper group rates for transportation/accommodation -_-
and what is the current plan for transport/accomodation?

T-block

B2B TST
Trying to get it together, and I need to know who I should include in the discussion. We'd need to decide who has the money to fly, who would be willing to drive, if anyone, etc. We would be flying to either San Fran or some other city (Oakland iirc?) and then taking some sort of train transit to Antioch. There's a hotel that's close and they're offering really cheap rates for this event, so I don't see why we wouldn't go with that. Then we just gotta decide how many people per room, etc.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Trying to get it together, and I need to know who I should include in the discussion. We'd need to decide who has the money to fly, who would be willing to drive, if anyone, etc. We would be flying to either San Fran or some other city (Oakland iirc?) and then taking some sort of train transit to Antioch. There's a hotel that's close and they're offering really cheap rates for this event, so I don't see why we wouldn't go with that. Then we just gotta decide how many people per room, etc.
If I could get more details I would be more than down (depending on the total amount of $)

Google says it's a 27 hour drive. I might be able to borrow a vehicle.

Sion

Island of Horizon
driving from bc to cali is plausible, but i didn't think driving from alberta would be considered

well, i guess it's cheaper than flying.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I would just fly. Driving 27 hours is stupid. Not to mention you gotta do that twice.

Top Bottom