• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace

`-`

And now we know why fox's upsmash is so stupidly strong. \o/
Lol I remember looking at the box for Star Fox on the SNES and thinking to myself
Wtf are Fox's ankles made of

Oh and does anyone from Edmonton want to play p:m online
Allan isn't having a smashfest for a while since d3 came out and I missed out on the tourney
Ron maybe?
:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice

`-`

And now we know why fox's upsmash is so stupidly strong. \o/
Thought this was interesting enough that I'd google it. What do you know, it's true. All the the star fox team have amputated legs. The more you know

I guess this means they can compete in the special olympics

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
WHAT ABOUT CAPTIAN fALKON
he experiences massive gforcers and is a bross

AND WHERE DOES SLIPPY GET HEAT, HE IS AN AMPHIBIAN IN SPACE

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
BC is stacked
from what I saw in that North West Manifest Stream
and I heard that Silent Wolf goes up to BC tournies
talk about competition

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I love how Edmonton knows the truth about Carl, whereas everyone in calgary is just like CARL WILL FIX EVERYTHING.

Well, at least I know Carl hates fries.

Also loving the new look Dan

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's good, but lots of disappointments. Somethings are fixable through patches, but other things are just blizzard blowing it completely. Still fun though.

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, trying to get a save with all the unlocks for SSB:M for GC. Can anyone hook me up please? :)

Thanks! =^^=

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@BloodyIron, do you mean and memcard with a save that has all the chars/lvl
you could state which city u live in, and i wish u good luck but 1000 matches isnt so bad:troll:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
THE tourney on the 17th
daniel, what kind of slang is that
confusing people
edit: brad, i already sent him a pm with an intro

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
BloodyIron, I have not seen you before, Are you new?

Sure seems like it, if so, maybe an introduction would be in order. Because clearly nobody here has manners.'

edit: to answer your question, memory cards are in abundance at smash get togethers, bring your own one with enough space, easy copy.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me if Diablo 3 is any good

I never really saw the appeal of it

And I hate post-WoW Blizzard

:phone:
D3 has it's problems, but so did D2 when it first was released.
The biggest difference now is the outspokeness of people on the internet.

However, it IS still possible that patches will not fix the game enough or in the way that hardcore gamers want. Blizzard also might simply refuse to do some changes based on their current business plan. It is difficult to speculate exactly how much Blizzard will listen to the fans, and if they will listen to the right ones or not.

With that being said, it is very much a bargain for $60 regardless of if it survives for the long run. If you want a game where you can go in and smash some demons for a few hours a week casually, it would be hard to do better.

More Details
Given that we are currently on a forum designed for a game that has been around for over a decade, we can assume that most of us are looking for the hardcore end game aspect of things. To this I will say that I have not yet had the opportunity to play the game at the level cap, so I can only extrapolate on my current knowledge and what I have seen/heard about.

Inferno difficulty, it seems, is absurdly difficult. Why is it that some people have already cleared the difficulty then? Well that has to do with the simple fact that the mandatory battles (aka the boss battles) are easier than the rest. Was this a good decision? Probably not, but they really wanted to make sure people would not be stuck doing "boss runs" for the next 10 years like in D2.

The next issue with Inferno difficulty actually is an issue with some skills and the inherent superiority of ranged over melee. No matter how much testing is done internally, hardcore gamers will find something "broken" and abuse it. This has been the case with a handfull of skills in D3. This, combined with ranged characters being able to match the damage output of melee characters, minus some of the risk, has caused some outcry from the fans. Why can Wizards and Demon Hunters cheese their way through Inferno and we can't? Well, Blizzard has implemented a few "Hot Fixes" to some skills, which has removed some of their overpoweredness. At this point in time they do not have any intention to nerf ranged characters, however. Time will tell if this is a good decision. They have stated they will consider it in the future if it is needed, though.

The next issue with Inferno difficulty, or the game's longevity in general if you want, is the itemization. At the moment, all you ever want on the items you find is +Vit (your health), + to your main stat (class dependant), and perhaps as much resistances as you can get. The fact of the matter is, there isn't much else to items anyway! So it makes it so there is always a very clear choice of what item you want, and makes it so that items you have found have a very small usage life. In addition to this, it is almost always the case that standard blue or yellow (magical and rare) items are BETTER than Legendary ones. This issue is greatly intensified due to the issue that items are very bland and unvaried. You cannot just find an item and go "Well this item is technically better overall than what I am using, but I could still use this one in such and such a situation or with such and such build." This hardly, if ever, happens, making the item hunt, more like an item grind.

There are other issues such as the social aspect of things and the real money auction house, but this has more to do with Battle Net 2.0 and Blizzard's new business plans rather than Diablo 3 itself, so I won't go into those.

Small issues such as, for example, "the game is too short" or "the story is too bland" I believe are small issues and/or not really true or perhaps not important. My biggest advice is don't blindly follow what people are saying, as people tend to jump on the bandwagon very quickly.

The future of gaming and game developing, in my eyes, is a very peculiar one indeed.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Hmm. If I were to get it, I would hopefully play it casually, but knowing myself, I wouldn't be able to and I would probably dedicate myself to making my character as strong as possible. (The only game I have managed to keep casual at is League of Legends). Question is, does it offer a new fun experience versus something like say, Skyrim or Borderlands? TBH I haven't played many adventure RPG games; I was only introduced to the Elder Scrolls series after Skyrim, and before people recommended the game to me, I didn't see the appeal to it.

Is it more of a casual game like Skyrim, or is it one where you have to dedicate yourself to some grinding to reach endgame fun-ness?

Stevo

Smash Champion
I would say if you have any intention to play it competetively that you should wait to see after PVP is introduced, as it does not take long to reach max level anyway.

The grinding will only be to optimize your character.

If you don't mind spending $60 to play it casually for a while and wait and see if it becomes competetive, then that is a good option as well. (that is what I am doing)

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I would say if you have any intention to play it competetively that you should wait to see after PVP is introduced, as it does not take long to reach max level anyway.

The grinding will only be to optimize your character.

If you don't mind spending $60 to play it casually for a while and wait and see if it becomes competetive, then that is a good option as well. (that is what I am doing)
Yeah it's really weird because I don't really know right now if it's a casual or a competitive game

it seems more casual right now but if it was then I would just play Skyrim or something, it doesn't seem to really have anything special about it (openworldedness, etc.)

is there a demo for it

KillLock

Smash Lord
It will have PvP. With an already large fanbase this means chances are it will be very competitive, just as Diablo 2 was before it. The PvE is also really fun, so there's something for everyone.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
blizzard said pvp is not suppose to be competitive.

the game is designed for casual players all the way to hardcore players, i think d3 hit the spot on this really well so theres nothing to worry about.

i played skyrim before, and i play d3 right now. i'd say when im playing d3, time flies so fast. i dont even realize its already 2am and i've been playing for like 10 hours in one sitting, and this is while having a lot of fun.

as for skyrim, i wasnt that into it. the fighting part in skyrim is so clunky, its like robots fighting. d3 is smoooooth its like league/sc2 smoothness.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i ***** skyrim, and discarded it
i play lotro casually but pretty much played it and 64 for the last while
edit: melee is the ****

Stevo

Smash Champion

the game is designed for casual players all the way to hardcore players, i think d3 hit the spot on this really well so theres nothing to worry about.

i played skyrim before, and i play d3 right now. i'd say when im playing d3, time flies so fast. i dont even realize its already 2am and i've been playing for like 10 hours in one sitting, and this is while having a lot of fun.

as for skyrim, i wasnt that into it. the fighting part in skyrim is so clunky, its like robots fighting. d3 is smoooooth its like league/sc2 smoothness.
I agree. I played Skyrim for only about 5 hours.

I played more Diablo 3 than that in my first sitting.

I think I may have concentrated on the flaws too much in my larger post there. The game is really fun regardless of the issues.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Yeah Skyrim gets old fast, and I love the TES series to death. Diablo 3 has been my time sink this past week and I've had a blast.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace

I think I get into Skyrim because of the immersiveness of the open world envinronment more than the actual gameplay.

I'm scared that if I buy Diablo 3 I will never play it, just like how SC2 is like sitting on my hard drive, not clicked on for months

Which is why I really want to try it out first. Luckily if there's no demo, almost everyone has it and I can borrow a friend's account to give it a test run. Unless it's not a pick-up-and-play game, something which I liked about Skyrim as well.

KillLock

Smash Lord
I've got three guest passes, which let you download a demo of the game which you can play up to level 12.

Go to Diablo3.com/guest
create a battlenet account.
enter this code: 6ZP98C-6CD6-GXP7P8-YWZB-2BWFNP

have fun.

Top Bottom