• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
if ur looking for that arthur, my brother went back to oblivion and that game is alot better than skyrim and not so easily *****

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
wow those are some jank *** rules lol.
no p3 or p4?
ok, that to counteract the name entry glitch?
aww no master hand in grand finals
also stage is a more accurate term than map or arena, just for confusions sake

Rush

Smash Apprentice
This actually isn't too bad considering it is their first time. The stagelist is per as usual which is great! The only quibble I have is that it's best of 1, which means anything could happen.3 stocks remind me of cactuar ruleset :D. This is a very unique ruleset, wouldn't mind trying something different once in awhile as it could be fun =P

Out of curiosity: how many TVs will be used there for the tournament?

Edit: Wow I really want to get to the second part of the tourney since it means so many more games ..

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
1) I tested p3 and p4 slots and found that p1 and p2 were more consistant on locations on maps for distance and placement

2) name entry glitch? is this really something that can mess up an entire tournament?

3) the "arena" naming thing is something that is old on our site and hasn't been changed yet, sorry

wow those are some jank *** rules lol.
no p3 or p4?
ok, that to counteract the name entry glitch?
aww no master hand in grand finals
also stage is a more accurate term than map or arena, just for confusions sake

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
Hi Rush,

I played with many different formats when coming up with this. One of which was having round robin sets first. The reason we went with the stages we have now is due to time constraints and that we have only so much space for systems. We will have 3 systems setup. This will not change this event, as the entire rest of the space of the event is planned around this many.

I didn't want to do single elim the first stage, but I think it's the best we can offer at this time while still allowing for lots of players to enter. If we were to do something more involved earlier on we would need to reduce the capacity of the tournament.

I hope you guys enjoy it ^^

This actually isn't too bad considering it is their first time. The stagelist is per as usual which is great! The only quibble I have is that it's best of 1, which means anything could happen.3 stocks remind me of cactuar ruleset :D. This is a very unique ruleset, wouldn't mind trying something different once in awhile as it could be fun =P

Out of curiosity: how many TVs will be used there for the tournament?

Edit: Wow I really want to get to the second part of the tourney since it means so many more games ..

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
do not worry about name entry giltch BI, iwas just trying to figure out y no 3rd or 4th player.
3 stocks in first round, 4 in the last 2
you have done a good job
and daniel,i hope i see u in 2nd round
BI, you are missing rules on glitches, stalling, and controller mods
right now freeze glitch is legal. other than the professional conduct rule which is vague
please look at our unified ruleset for all stipulations
is there anywhere to continue smashing there or near there

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Np, and if you're not sure if your computer can run it or not a good website to checkout is http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
yeah I knew about that but I if I can't max it out on my laptop I would use my desktop

I might ask one of my friends

I never trust it when it does video card cause like it just uses pixel/shader version and amount of VRAM but not actual performance or benchmarking

I mean a GT 210 fills all the recommended requirements let alone minimum but it probably wouldn't even run it on low

Does anyone know if D3 is more or less demanding than SC2

I can max out SC2 on my laptop fine until late game

Also Clarke I saw the scheduling... they only scheduled Melee for 2 hours I think. They might want to make it longer lol

EDIT: Alright now who claimed the D3 game key before I did... Probably some guy who googled D3 key and got a link to smashboards

Jack could you PM me another one plz -_-

KillLock

Smash Lord
Lawl. Well if anyone here took it, it would of just been easier to ask me for one. Oh well, PM sent.

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
I'm glad you appreciate the hard work I've put in, it's quite thought out ^^

Glitches, I dont know where to begin with that. Tips? Stalling, we have that in the rules:

Code:
We do not tolerate abuse of this system and may eject someone from a tournament if they do.
Abuse as in stalling, or causing additional restarts. It's intentionally non specific to account for all forms of potential abuse.

Controller mods? Where do you see this actually causing a problem?

You may not realize it but I was informeda bout the unified rules several weeks ago, which is what trigger the re-write. We used it as reference but we are not in the practice of simple copy + pasting rules. We prefer to do proper review of all rules that could be relevant and choosing ones that are the most appropriate for our event, considering capacity, time limitations, and any other constraints.

Wut? : "is there anywhere to continue smashing there or near there"

do not worry about name entry giltch BI, iwas just trying to figure out y no 3rd or 4th player.
3 stocks in first round, 4 in the last 2
you have done a good job
and daniel,i hope i see u in 2nd round
BI, you are missing rules on glitches, stalling, and controller mods
right now freeze glitch is legal. other than the professional conduct rule which is vague
please look at our unified ruleset for all stipulations
is there anywhere to continue smashing there or near there

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Wut? : "is there anywhere to continue smashing there or near there"
He means will there be any free setups(As in no one is using the tv-console setup for tournament purposes) to play on after a match or when the tournament is done.

In simpiler terms free play on free setups

BloodyIron

Smash Cadet
Yes, the gamecube and xbox 360 systems will be setup for free play for the rest of the event.

He means will there be any free setups(As in no one is using the tv-console setup for tournament purposes) to play on after a match or when the tournament is done.

In simpiler terms free play on free setups

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
blizzard said pvp is not suppose to be competitive.
What the hell are you talking about? They are making PvP attemting to make it an esport.

enter this code: 6ZP98C-6CD6-GXP7P8-YWZB-2BWFNP
yoink

I don't know about the glitches in the game, can you clarify please?
Go to any tournament thread, they're advertised on the top bar, copy and paste those rules.

Anyone who enters in the tournament and does well will basically govern themselves anyways, realisticly speaking, nobody who doesn't know the rule will beat us. not to be cocky. But. really.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
What the hell are you talking about? They are making PvP attemting to make it an esport.
"

Responding to fans, Blizzard community manager Zarhym echoed previous statements that Diablo 3's PvP will not be created with competitive leagues/ladders in mind.

"We want PvP to be incredibly challenging and fun, but we want to avoid turning it into a truly competitive leagues/ladders eSport," Zarhym said. "We just don't think Diablo gameplay is very conducive for that type of controlled environment where balance is paramount."

"

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Most of the smashers already know all the rules and how to conduct themselves. I'd say make the matches Bo3 since that takes no time from my experience. Can easily be done since I don't estimate more than 25 entrants, and almost all will be people who are part of the calgary community(just cut the breaks..smashers need no breaks..our "breaks" at smash events are playing smash/friendlies). But you went with the safe route and that's probably smart for a first time event. Although I'd say leave room for flexibility...like if it turns out that there isn't a ton of people might as well give a bit of wiggle room and make it bo3 at least xD.

Oh glitches...LOL who cares. Freeze glitch only works with older versions of the game and is hard to consistently pull off on someone anyways. People know it's illegal. yoyo glitch is so much better anyways...

Brad with the Heat!

Build up the hype for the non-smashboardians
LOL Brad is just being blunt, but he's pretty much spot on. Even though anything can happen in a bo1, I just don't see it...

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
freeze glitch is easy to execute other than getting the grab, ihave pretty good consistency with almost no practice. and yoyo has nothing againt freeze glitch. whats better than your opponent not being able to move?
anyways i dont plan to use the freeze glitch, i just was searching for loopholes in the rules as a precautionary measure. i assume wobbling is okey-dokey tho

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
freeze glitch is easy to execute other than getting the grab, ihave pretty good consistency with almost no practice. and yoyo has nothing againt freeze glitch. whats better than your opponent not being able to move?
anyways i dont plan to use the freeze glitch, i just was searching for loopholes in the rules as a precautionary measure. i assume wobbling is okey-dokey tho
Wobbling is actually hard lol, to me at least

Freeze glitch is super easy though

Same with yoyo glitch

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Wobbling is actually viable in a game. Freeze glitch is hard to pull off in an actual match, I have seen it once in recorded friendlies. As for yoyo glitch it doesn't destroy the game. If you get it done to you, you probably deserve it xD ...plus Ness is terrible anyways so might as well give him something. I doubt anyone will pull either glitch off with any consistency against another smasher anyways =\.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
really, freeze glitch is not hard.
i remember using freeze glitch 3 times in 1 match of friendlies doubles
if freeze glitch were legal for stock-taking purposes, it would replace wobbling as the best option out of popo grab with nana.
i actually accidentally did the freeze glitch earlier and and took my stock at the same time.
wobbling is not nearly as hard as the hand off, i bet u arthur if i just told u how to do it you could have 4% consistancy

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
really, freeze glitch is not hard.
i remember using freeze glitch 3 times in 1 match of friendlies doubles
if freeze glitch were legal for stock-taking purposes, it would replace wobbling as the best option out of popo grab with nana.
i actually accidentally did the freeze glitch earlier and and took my stock at the same time.
wobbling is not nearly as hard as the hand off, i bet u arthur if i just told u how to do it you could have 4% consistancy
I know how to do it, I've just done it like 4 times against computers and I never practiced it cause I don't play IC's lol

Time spent trying to wobble = time spent practicing doubleshines

Man, Activision has screwed over Blizzard for me. Greedy SOB's, **** you Bobby Kotick
Acti-Blizzard is going to turn into the COD franchise, where just after Activision takes over, instead of releasing one sequel every 10 years, they'll release one sequel every 1 year like the COD series

Rush

Smash Apprentice
LOL just try freeze glitching in tournament... you'll loose way more matches before it happens assuming the person is similar in skill..the risk/reward is simply not worth it. Wobbling is just easier for the risk/reward.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
similar in skill is the key, and it actually does not help u win any more than wobbling.
if i screw up wobbling the punishment is worse than screwing up at the freeze glitch.
the risk reward is better for the freeze glitch and it is far easier
also y u no practice doubleshines, thats actually useful for fox
and arthur i was saying if i told you how to do the handoff you could not do it consistantly as you wobble
it is harder and weight specific.
i have seen you double shine
=time that could be spent practicing doubleshines is more precise
and u have seen me doubleshine its not a big deal

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
similar in skill is the key, and it actually does not help u win any more than wobbling.
if i screw up wobbling the punishment is worse than screwing up at the freeze glitch.
the risk reward is better for the freeze glitch and it is far easier
also y u no practice doubleshines, thats actually useful for fox
and arthur i was saying if i told you how to do the handoff you could not do it consistantly as you wobble
it is harder and weight specific.
no I meant the time I would be spending practicing wobble, I practice doubleshines instead

I'm sure you've seen me do it a couple of times lol

Taste

Smash Apprentice
This is a whole lot of talk about nothing!
I'ma just go zelda and kick yall in the nuts.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Zenith top 5 matches were the hypest matches I have ever seen. Chudat is really really amazing holy.

Top Bottom