• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
This sort of reminds me of one (or I guess ANY) of Levi's ridiculous 200 000 person MSN convo's, but with messages going to the right people :-P

VictraOSHI has to take place on a date that Victor can actually make it. So I guess it depends on him. Whether he can make it or not on Sunday, I'm still hosting smash.

Edit: HOLY *** 200 POSTS WOOOOO

Levi5

Smash Ace
I'm going to Gamelon to get Dinner, I'm taking Dinner to protect me. If you don't hear from me in a month, send Dinner. Enough! My Dinner sail's in the morning. I wonder what's for Dinner.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sid: I'm smashing with Tyson on Friday, so you're welcome to come over too. As for Wed, i'm not sure yet. I'll let you know tonight.

Brad: Shut up. MM Steven? You mean with 5950? xD

Mike: Fiiiine. I'm getting Falco practice with Tyson before anyhow. Again, not sure about tomorrow yet.

kithkin

Smash Champion
No not that steven.

and lol, whining was at afterdawn since I hate his posts 100% gauranteed.

OMG SID RED HAIR?

edit: Holy mackeral! that is red.

Also I recognize so many people in that video

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
@ DMK - How old a game is =/= quality. Please do not let this cloud your judgement.
I should show you my PC game collection, it's full of old classics :)

The reason I'm not a big fan of melee is it is much more technical than Brawl since its been out way longer. I like that I can compete in Brawl at a reasonable level without too much time investment, but not so for Melee. And I just get annoyed when people say to drop Brawl in favor of Melee, even though I recall ADAT's Brawl bracket being quite larger than the Melee one.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
DMK: In other words, you like Brawl more cause it's easy and it takes less skill/effort to be good. heh.

ADAT had a large brawl bracket sure, but it was full of 13 y/o Brawl scrubs. CAST4 is Melee only and the majority are veteran smashers. I'm willing to bet I wouldn't have 40+ from across Canada come to cast4 if it was Brawl only. Brawl is a party game I play with my casual friends when they're bored of Mario Kart and Wii Sports.

w/e though, its you opinion.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Brawl is a party game I play with my casual friends when they're bored of Mario Kart and Wii Sports.
I wouldn't go that far, brawl can still be really competitive. It's just a different league of game imo

I should show you my PC game collection, it's full of old classics :)

The reason I'm not a big fan of melee is it is much more technical than Brawl since its been out way longer. I like that I can compete in Brawl at a reasonable level without too much time investment, but not so for Melee. And I just get annoyed when people say to drop Brawl in favor of Melee, even though I recall ADAT's Brawl bracket being quite larger than the Melee one.
its checkers vs chess

they can both be fun or boring, strategic or mindless but the competitive people will drift to the competitive game.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
DMK:

ADAT had a large brawl bracket sure, but it was full of 13 y/o Brawl scrubs. CAST4 is Melee only and the majority are veteran smashers. I'm willing to bet I wouldn't have 40+ from across Canada come to cast4 if it was Brawl only.

DMK:

ADAT had a large brawl bracket sure, but it was full of 13 y/o Brawl scrubs. CAST4 is Melee only and the majority are veteran smashers.

ADAT had a large brawl bracket sure, but it was full of 13 y/o Brawl scrubs.

but it was full of 13 y/o Brawl scrubs.

13 y/o Brawl scrubs.
I'm 14, not 13

Also, I think it's funny that I've never played checkers before, but I've always been a chess fanatic.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I lol'd at the title. **** Joel. <3 You're finally back again. Are you staying this time? -¤-

@Jarrett, you don't count. You're actually good at Melee.

[edit]lmao @ OP. Joel, you need the original up there too xD

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh, the haiku. How I love it.

But yeah. In response to being asked if I am returning, I am actually considering it. I'm not as good at the game as I used to be, after not having played for a little over 6 months. I don't know if I'll slowly merge back into the competitive scene when I end up back at my previous skill level, or just be here for no reason other than being here.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
If you find any sort of joy in smashing with others, do it to it. Even if you're not as fantastic at the game as before, it's all about the social aspect of being part of a community that is welcoming. Even if you don't play, it's still a ****ing awesome time whenever you're around.

So yeah, be here because pretty much all of us actually like you. I know I do.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
*shuffles into another WC thread*

So, the infamous FastFox returns. Planning on staying this time?

I remember you frequenting these boards often, only it was a long while ago.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If you're not gonna get back into the competitive scene, at least become more active on the boards. We all miss you. :3

lol btw, is there still a Melee BRoom or do you have access to the Brawl BRoom now? xD xD

Tyson651

Smash Lord
a lot of us suck more compared to before now anyway.

and like sid said, its just a social gathering cause we're all friends and its good times man.

like the time we took 3rd place in teams and we won 2.50! YAY

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol btw, is there still a Melee BRoom or do you have access to the Brawl BRoom now? xD xD
How did FastFox get into the BRoom anyways? I thought you had to be invited by a mod or something, and they stopped doing that a long while ago.

There was this other thing that Gideon did back in like 04/05 as well though. If you used paypal to donate to the site you get auto-clearance to the BRoom. Like you would literally buy your way in.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
By being faster than most vehicles. Seriously though, you just had to have made a name out of yourself. The only way to get in is to have the members who are already in to invite you. Brown~nosing lessens your chances, or so i've heard. xP

IIRC, buying premium used to get you into the BRoom, but not the SBRoom. You can't even buy premium anymore.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Actually, I was a premie at first, but then they ended up really liking me and letting me stay. Then I was let into the smash back room as well as the debate hall.

I'm a pretty well-rounded individual in terms of postology, and I'm happy to say I've never had to brown-nose my way into anything.

Top Bottom