• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So, I totally stayed up till 5am this morning to watch the opening ceremony in Beijing this morning. I liked it.

Also, i went to Southgate today and it was so hot x[.
I also saw 3 cute cosplay girls about my age while I was in Sears. They were hot too.

OHLOL I saw this guy who looked like Tyson, except he was buff(er) and had a really hot woman. (But not as hot as Tyson's gf MIRIGHT?)
No jokes.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
In Sears? Man you must have some good luck.

DMK, you could text me or something. Or if you are daring, I'm on the little "island" of computers on the far left when you walk in. There's only one entrance, so look far to the left near the tents.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
At approximately 1:30 am, Saturday August 9th, 2008, I watched something horrific go down in my very own house. It was an ordinary late night gaming session, when suddenly I looked at my fish tank, only to see my beloved fish, Hank, fall from his usual place near the surface of the water, down to the rocky floor. I quickly realized that Hank was dying! And only to make matters worse, 3 other fish caught sight of the dying fish, and started nibbling on Hank's dying carcase. I knew Muhammed, Johnathon, and Wilbert were bad fish the moment my dad brought them home from the pet store, but this? This is just insanity. Hank was the god of the tank, he was a hatchet fish, meaning he floated at the top of the fish tank, looking down at the rest of the community; a guardian angle. Then the devilish rosy barbs, whose names I have already divulged, stripped him of his manhood.

This just in... at around 1:38, the same day, I saw the most heroic thing in the history of the animal kingdom! My yo-yo loach, Larry, stepped into the fray in attempts to let Hank die in peace. He managed too scare off Muhammed, and Wilbert, but Johnathon was one hungry fish. With a struggle that lasted about 10 seconds, Larry was successful! But it was in vein, because once he backed off of Hank, the trio of hate returned to dine on poor Hanks nearly dead carcass.

Rest in peace dear Hank, your memory shall be preserved for all of man kind, and the post evolutionary species that follows us.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Fish float up when they die.

Not down.

The Gaurdian Angle. Sounds like a Sex pose.

Also Victor, I laughed at the Beijing opening so hard. As soon as they showed the final guy I'm like, "**** they are gonna make him fly retardedly" and they did.

And then, he started running. XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why would they float up? They lose buoyancy due to the release of gas when they die, meaning they have no air in their bodies to keep them afloat. Don't fall victim to ignorance, but allow your self to be immersed in how science works!

That fish story was 100% true by the way, in fact his tail bone is starting to show now, which is actually kind of odd.

Also some fish do actually float to the surface because they are naturally buoyant, due to body structure and have air pockets inside of them that regulate how deep they go, and how much pressure they can take. But I believe in most cases fish die and then sink.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
"a) Not all of them float. some of them sink.

b) the most logical explanation is their fat/muscle ratio. if they have lots of fat, then they float. when they're alive they keep moving around and control their depth.

c) another explanation is their swimming bladder. it is usually connected (talking about shallow water fish, deep water fish never float) to their digestive system, so they fill it with gas from their intestines. when they die they lose control over it and it fills up and floats them.
"

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Better be brining money, so I can steal it.

Also I will find the real reason for fish death buoyancy. But Tyson's first example doesn't really hold true in all scenarios. Most of my fish are surface dwellers, and they all fall when they die. This could be quit a phenomena, and I am here to answer it for you! Unless someone helps in figuring it out.

EDIT: Victor bring $10 instead, this just got serious.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lmao

u guys, the only reason why i posted that quote was to make u guys shut up and stop arguing like little immature kids

the fish is dead so who cares.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yes! After a full year of living with the reality of Victor taking my money in a MM, I got my revenge and now i am complete. We shall do it again, of course, but for now I am left out on top.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pretty straight forward... It was a bo5 set. First match was me fox vs victor sheik(Luke win). Second match it was me falco vs victor sheik(Luke win). Third match was me marth vs victor C.falcon(Victor win). Fourth match was I actually forget... I think it was falco vs falcon, and Victor won. Fifth match was definitely me Falco vs Victor C.falcon, and I won the last match making me 5 bucks richer.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What the... Sheik Victor?
Too be honest, I like picked up Sheik 2 minutes before the MM thinking I could take on Luke's Falco. I can't use Marth, so i decided to gay it out. xD. It was hilarious and it almost worked. So after I just switched over to Falcon and won the next couple matches until the FD match. x/

Luke! I MM your Falco with my Falcon. 5 dorrah. Bo5. xP Sat perhaps?

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Victra, does this confirm you for next Saturday? Because I talked to Sid, and it is looking like next Sat = OSHI.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Actually, i'm going for dim sum on saturday, so i could come in the afternoon. What time does this start?

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Good **** yesterday, Lemon/Solaris/whoever else was there at Frag.

Got some MUCH needed practice. And it was completely worth it just for that one match where I pulled off a surprise dair spike and purple pikimin chain stage spike in the same match on Sid's zss. :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'll try to make it on time x/

Sunday would work better for me though, but oh well. I need a ride!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Pretty straight forward... It was a bo5 set. First match was me fox vs victor sheik(Luke win). Second match it was me falco vs victor sheik(Luke win). Third match was me marth vs victor C.falcon(Victor win). Fourth match was I actually forget... I think it was falco vs falcon, and Victor won. Fifth match was definitely me Falco vs Victor C.falcon, and I won the last match making me 5 bucks richer.
LOL wtf

fox ganon please?

Top Bottom