• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Actually, If we can do it sunday that would also work better for me, I'm not sure if I can get saturday off.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
everyone knows lukes one weakness is gdubya the king of evil

just like how calgarys one weakness is carl's marth!

also good games today especially jeremy/preston's foxes, i don't get much fox practice anymore but I like to think of fox marth as my best matchup, so you should be proud of your performances.

also levi, brad, riley =]

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol wtf, Jeremy and Preston? Someone actually contacted them? xD

Carl, when are you back in Edmonton? I wanna smash soon <3

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
This thread used to mean something. Used to be somewhat respectable.

Now, it just bothers me to read it. I've never seen such a shameless display of spam and self-indulgedness. That's not even a word, that's how bad this thread is.

Lord have mercy.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
My question to you is, what else do we post? Like this is a Central Canada thread. We talk about anything and everything, and when there is an event coming up, we primarily talk about that. In the meantime there really isn't much to post about, so I guess your so called "spam" is all we got. So w/e.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
This thread used to mean something. Used to be somewhat respectable.

Now, it just bothers me to read it. I've never seen such a shameless display of spam and self-indulgedness. That's not even a word, that's how bad this thread is.

Lord have mercy.
Melee is Superior.

'nuff said.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering, is there space in the Edm scene for another tourney, Brawl only(at least to start)?

Through my connections in the Edmonton deaf community, I can get a nice venue at a very modest price.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Frag was pretty fantastic. Thank goodness there were some random unknown Brawl players that were very good at the game. Most people there were scrubs, except for these three guys who beasted me with Olimar/Pit. Also, thanks again DMK for the matches; they were pretty epic.

So. Am I hosting this on Saturday or Sunday? I need to know. Both days are pretty much the same for me. Also, keep in mind that I have a choir event at 5am on Sunday, and work at 5:30am on Monday, meaning that you should plan to leave by like... 10pm-ish

Victor, Wednesday smash?

DMK, that's an odd question. Of course there's "space" (?), and I'd hope that locals would participate.

HULK vs THOR FIGHT

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sunday seems like the best date Sidgeta. I'm free Sunday. Me and Andy need rides though :3

Come over Friday. Tyson is coming too xD

lol Dan, at Luke's, I thought you said Brawl's not fun. xD

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Well, it was intended to be Melee-only, because that's what VICTRA was supposed to be. However, I think I'll just have both Brawl and Melee. The VICTRA tournament will definitely be Melee, though anyone who would like to come and Brawl is encouraged to come on Sunday.

I could do Friday as well, though I have absolutely nothing to do Wednesday, so... both days?

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
DMK, that's an odd question. Of course there's "space" (?), and I'd hope that locals would participate.
Well, my concerns are twofold:

1) The Edmonton community seems heavily Melee-biased. A lot of people seem to hate Brawl or not take it seriously as a competitive game. I personally don't care for my very first tourney to revolve around something I haven't played in two years. Hell, I never unlocked Final Destination or Dreamland 64 on my disc!

2) In the grand scheme of things, I'm still a newcomer. I've been to one tourney and one smashfest, and save for knowing you a bit Sid I've got no connections/friends yet(I think Solaris is even a little intimidated by me LOL). Carl, yourself and Alphicans seem to be well known around town and have been in the scene for years, so I'm just not sure if a certain rep is needed to host a major tourney.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
You're really cool.
You're right, Manuel is my home boy. He's also better than you.

@ DMK you don't need rep, you just need to do it right. The only reason I have rep is because I've done it right in the past with over 5 tourneys (ct4 was actually a fail in my opinion). If you want a "rep" or whatever you should go ahead and host a tourney. Don't let "rep" be a deciding factor.

The logistics however are a different story. If you don't have the resources or help you will need then you could be setting up for failure. Although that's something you might have trouble determining, I say try anyway.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen that new SBR recommended rule list for Brawl? I thought that "stage striking" idea was rather interesting, and I wonder how it would turn out in a future smash tourney.

Oh and I almost always look intimidated... It's one of my bad habits, along with talking ultra silently.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Victor! Ok so we are MM'ing again, falco vs falcon, sounds good. But since this is the so called "tie" breaker, I suggest we up the anti. $10 no johns. I hope you are willing to agree to these terms, because it will make it just that much more hype (If there even is any).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol no. $5 bucks. xD Maybe $10, we'll see.
Let's stick to the neutrals again k?

Dan, i'm pretty sure you said that Brawl wasn't fun when I said Brawl ffas were fun. x3

In other news, I stubbed my right foot and my right big toenail is completely off.

Edit: 2000! woot!

kithkin

Smash Champion
DMK I think it's just people dunno how to acct around you, I know I'm a little imtimidated by the deaf thing. But that wouldn't stop me from being friendly and coming to a tournament if I could.

Manuel get out.

Jarett, Stage striking always existed... just noobs don't do it.

Sid who won Frag's?

Luke, ADAT vids?

Carl, it's fun to play you. Get better at not making us neglected.

Victor, Jeremy and Preston come when they've got Carl cause they're Q-Q

General: Brawl =/= melee, stop comparing them, play one, or both, but don't bother picking sides, they're different games. You either like them or don't, but you can't say that someones opinion is wrong.

Also Gerenal: Everyone stop whining.

Thirdly General: I would put my character choice to Roy, but I think the fact that they added him makes it stupid because everyone and their mother are like "lol roy" and it's not even funny anymore. Even when I played Roy more than I played anyone else, including Sheik, against Carl. He also did almost as well as my sheik, cause I suck.

Lastly, STEVEN I CHALLENGE YOU TO A MONEY MATCH.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I'm in that video! I made it to the quarterfinals. (I have the sweatshirt and bright red hair) Scott, Jarrett and Damien are all in that video too.

I didn't host a tournament at Frag. Just smashfests. The idea reeked of fail in the days leading up to it anyway. I attempted to host a Brawl doubles tourney, but I only had 6 teams registered (which was actually the most teams registered for all the listed unofficial tournaments). I didn't want to run a tourney with 6 teams, so I just axed it.

Brad... nobody is comparing anything, and I certainly don't see any whining.

Victor!! I need an answer regarding Wednesday and/or Friday smash.

DMK, if you ever need any assistance in running a tournament, I'd be glad to help

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
@ Manuel - Does BC have this many brawlers? If so, I'm sorry to hear that.

@ Carl - Thanks for taking one for the team.

@ DMK - How old a game is =/= quality. Please do not let this cloud your judgement.

@ Dan - Has snake changed that opinion?

@ Victra/Luke - Tiebreaker needs MINIMUM $10, hopefully $20 with lotsa hype and yelling from people watching on sunday. Also, MMs biotchez? Also, victra, wed?

@ Afterdawn - Do you know who Manuel is? He's Santa Mother****a! And Carl is his B*tch!

@ Metabread - You whine the most! And stop taking everything so seriously. And roy? He ain't your boy.

@ Sid - When is victra OSHI if not sunday?

Top Bottom