• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Project M will not replace anything >_>.

No GC controller support would be unfortunate but I am sure the WiiU will have some different kind of controller, or a remade GC controller that is wireless or that goes into the 4 USB ports provided.

I miss wired controllers a lot.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
looool @ thinking project m will become standard

i could still wreck your fox

I mean Project M will cater to those who want all the features of Brawl with Melee-esque gameplay.

If you match gayness with gayness Fox always wins

BTW if you look closely I think the analogs on the side are nubs like the PSP and not actual analogs, I could be wrong though

Oh and Luke I think GC controllers will be supported now that I think of it cause since the Wii uses remote they won't have to add in ports for it so they could do wiimote wireless, wii2 wireless controller and GC controller ports

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I mean Project M will cater to those who want all the features of Brawl with Melee-esque gameplay.

If you match gayness with gayness Fox always wins

BTW if you look closely I think the analogs on the side are nubs like the PSP and not actual analogs, I could be wrong though

Oh and Luke I think GC controllers will be supported now that I think of it cause since the Wii uses remote they won't have to add in ports for it so they could do wiimote wireless, wii2 wireless controller and GC controller ports
The console has been confirmed to have no GC ports as of now.

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
Alex is completely right. Metroid prime was about you just get dropped on an effing planet and you can do whatever you want and explore. Prime 2 less so but still cool. I felt uneasy every time I had to travel to the dark world so if a game can make that kind of mood then it's a good one. Prime 3 it was a god damn space army mission with objectives where you have to do everything in a given order.

I think the fundamental flaw in prime 3 is that instead of giving you a few tools and letting you decide how to use them, they tell you you need a tool but then in order to get that tool you need other tools until it's "metroid prime 3: grocery list" and you're in safeway.

edit: whoa damn is no longer censored
IF you've ever played Other M, that's even worse.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
They developed more than just a controller...

Do you have a link to this Sakurai-Miyamoto-competitive interview btw?
Yeah but you gotta admit I doubt they had a hard time inventing a new console that didn't change much.

And no but I will work on getting one

is that an exact quote cus it sounds like you jumped to a conclusion.
Nah it was me remembering a quote, so it's way off, but I remember he specifically saying he intended to cater brawl for the non-competitive crowd because melee was so strong competitively, and that if he made another he would go back to that competitive mindset.

or a remade GC controller that is wireless .
I sure do miss wavebirds, those things were really good. Right Randall?

Stevo

Smash Champion
every brawl match feels like its working towards a time out, regardless of if that is someones goal in the match or not. (it's always a battle to be a stock up and stay ahead so they have to approach) In melee, you can make a 2 or 3 stock comeback pretty easily.

so 1/1000000 melee matches end in time out, big deal. The timer is there for a reason, afterall.

I'm not even mad at brawl anymore, so don't take me wrong. I'm just saying, brawl players have it great, because I dont think they can screw up "brawl" for smash 4 (but we'll see lol)

if that is what you like, that is what you like, it's all good.

RANDALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Time outs are honestly only because of MK, and because when you fight ICs it's basically the only way to play. Other than that time outs are a rarity. Then again, everyone uses MK, so I guess not that rare :/.

:(

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION NERDS: Since I'm coming down for ABBD2: Return of ABBD I need something to do the 24th while Sid has a family outting or dinner or something, anybody wanna chill for a bit? My plan is just to go back to Sid's later that night.

ALSO CAN I GET A RIDE TO ABBD?? I might need that

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I think Eric and sask will be here on the 24th in the evening so I probably won't make it to the smashfest.

Also I can only host 3 people for abd2 so someone else needs to step up and help host the rest of these guys!!!!

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I think Eric and sask will be here on the 24th in the evening so I probably won't make it to the smashfest.

Also I can only host 3 people for abd2 so someone else needs to step up and help host the rest of these guys!!!!
I dunno who else is all coming, but Sid is housing me (provided I can find a ride to and from tournament and maybe to his place from wherever the smashfest is)

Also, why has no one adopted my acronym for ABBD2 yet? I think it's awesome.

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
It was just smash DI a bunch. Some of the edge parts were cool but aside from the insane DI, you see **** like the wall techs and stuff in REGULAR melee games.

Top Bottom