• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hahahah carl!!! XD

Ghasplume Mashellder and Mawhirl killed me

Manpuff

Alaish

Glooras/Brad

Limeee

Smash Champion
false falco is too good lol, he can teach you, but it wont be fun :3

just chill around this thread and people will announce these things called smashfests. Its basically were they invite you over to their house (no **** included) and you just play smash till late in a pretty chill environment. Honestly smashfests are the ****, and a great way to get into the game.
but yeah melee is awesome, so definately keep at it :D

:009:

Seb

Smash Rookie
lol we probably would get *****.. im looking for some intermediate level players.. never really played tournament smash.. how often do melee tournaments happen in edmonton? or smashfests?

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
I could play you but you'll want to quit right after...
I definitely wanted to quit after getting ***** by you. :(

Hi new person ^.^ Melee tournaments dont happen very often anymore.. There's usually a couple smashfests from time to time though.

Brawl has tournaments every month. I wish we could host a tourney there again but it would probably cause sooo much drama like last time -.-'

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
YES A NEW MELEE PLAYER(S?) <33

I'm not too sure how often melee tournaments happen. A lot of us are in uni so we have a hard time finding time to host a melee tournament much less getting together for a smashfest.

But yeah like what dragonz said we did try to host together with the brawl players and though the event was the funnest one in years, there were some conflicts about hosting priorties, money etc so it probably won't happen again.

BUT. We do get together once or twice a month for a smashfest where we usually have a fun little free tournament.

Do you happen to go to uofa?

It's great to hear from more melee players haha

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Also be aware that (unfortunately) this thread is basically one giant MSN conversation between Albertans so it's usually filled with chat and spam. If a smashfest is gonna happen usually the host will try and make it BIG and OBVIOUS but you still have to keep an eye out as it can get lost in the pages of other stuff.

This means you probably want to change the post count to 40 posts per page so you're not flipping through pages daily looking for posts directed at you.

I would have hosted today if I knew so many other people had nothing to do...

Seb

Smash Rookie
I completed U of A a few years ago.. I am down to host some smashfests if we could get a couple people. Me and my friend are looking to play beginner to intermediate tournament players. I dunno if we want to get destroyed lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Don't worry about it! You'll have fun don't worry =p and we have players of all skill levels so you shouldn't worry yourself too much about that.

oh snap after checking out your profile i see that you're a mechanical engineer?

hahahaha man thats so awesome. Why is literally every melee player in Alberta an engineer. Get at us.

(maiko you are playing the wrong game)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
at this time, most of the melee players are veterans so there's not too many beginner-intermediate players anymore.

but i think if you stick to it (even if you're losing almost every game), you'll get really good fast and be able to keep up the pace.

edit: i think everyone has time once a week, but our schedules conflict most of the time so our free times aren't the same.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah thats true. Either way though you'll get good really fast.

scott and riley are the newest of us i think and they've both gotten better rather fast. (like seriously i was blown away by scotts falcon last time we played ;__; and riley's peach makes me proud)

speaking of which i miss jamie he needs to play with us more <3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't worry about it! You'll have fun don't worry =p and we have players of all skill levels so you shouldn't worry yourself too much about that.

oh snap after checking out your profile i see that you're a mechanical engineer?

hahahaha man thats so awesome. Why is literally every melee player in Alberta an engineer. Get at us.

(maiko you are playing the wrong game)
Wtf. Stevo isn't an engineer, neither is riley, or me, or tyler or sid.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol people put their occupation in their smash profile? wat.

edit: tyler is thinking about transferring into chemE lol

Seb

Smash Rookie
Im a mechanical engineer from UofA. Graduated 2007. Well I work out of town lots but if people let me know when there is time we can set something up.. i would like to learn to play better!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wtf. Stevo isn't an engineer, neither is riley, or me, or tyler or sid.
stevo went into engineering but transferred/dropped out. Same with mike p and scott. haha. riley is still young. (bro go into engineering). tyler is thinking of going into chemE.

sid is an exception i guess. you as well.

even levi is in engineering! (sound still counts yoooo)
Im a mechanical engineer from UofA. Graduated 2007. Well I work out of town lots but if people let me know when there is time we can set something up.. i would like to learn to play better!
thats awesome. we'll try our best!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i went to etlc 6th floor on friday and got the blue form with info on how to transfer. then i asked the secretary who i'm supposed to talk to, and she said you can only speak to the guy once a week on a wednesday, you have to wait in line and probably go 4 hours early to get your name down on a list, and currently he's on a vacation on the other side of the world or something, and he doesn't check his email while on vacation. -_-

damn engineers

p.s. random pic of the day:

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
riley is still young. (bro go into engineering)
Never

Ever

Ever.

I call it the engineer inflation theory. 70% of people I know want to be engineers. There will be a lack of engineering jobs. Not only that, but if you haven't noticed, there really isn't much left in this world to develop. I understand engineering smaller things, like chem and whatnot, but large scale engineers are obsolete now, the only large scale productions we should be doing is vertical. We've already f*cked nature over pretty bad here.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm thinking organic chemistry personally.

Also, Jarrett. Are you alive? Haven't seen you around school for a month or two.

lol we probably would get *****.. im looking for some intermediate level players.. never really played tournament smash.. how often do melee tournaments happen in edmonton? or smashfests?
We should definitely smash sometime. Compared to everyone else, I'm pretty tame.

Hit me up with a PM. We can arrange a time.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMblBjoRz0&feature=aso

edit:
@riley

tell that to automotive makers, building designers, oil and oil sand operations, new nanoscale technology, computer parts etc.

the engineering side you've stated is RESEARCH and DEVELOPMENT.

the much larger engineering side is to regulate and continue the process of the engineering tasks. engineers who take care of process plants are retiring, who are going to take over to continue monitoring, maintaining, and regulating the plant? future engineers.

who are going to continue surveying, calculating, and designing buildings/houses/bridges? future engineers.

and what mike said anyway.

they always tell you in 1st year to look at the person on your left, and on your right. then that only 1 of you 3 will make it to the next year lol.

Top Bottom