• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
50-50 you say? Both characters have difficulty approaching eachother, but sheik has a projectile so you have to approach. Sheiks ftilt covers every option you have.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
After losing 3 games to Allan,
Paul = "last match Sheik Falcon FoD let's go"
Allan = "no that's too much ****"

Count on Silentspectre finding something out to make Falcon **** all Sheiks

mach5

Smash Journeyman
After losing 3 games to Allan,
Paul = "last match Sheik Falcon FoD let's go"
Allan = "no that's too much ****"

LOL thats because those small platforms prevent dair's from landing successfully.

this is how i play the matchup. you get close enough to shiek where she can either grab or dash attack you. and needling would be kinda stupid. falcon is the fastest character in the game.

once at that distance you wanna just throw a bunch of little jumps so if she goes for a grab/dash attack its a free aerial into grab.

grabs into chain grabs dthrow dthrow uthrow u air. then when shes free to run around again you repeat.

the problem with this matchup is getting out of the tech chase once you get grabbed you just have to hope they fk up.

thus my 50/50 logic of basically making this game on luck

Tyson651

Smash Lord
And it's not really saving time when I have nobody to practice against. Better to play comps than to never play at all and get rusty
i dont play against comps at all, and i think its better to take a long break.

it makes you more creative the next time you play, and it semi breaks your bad habits.

lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hax is really good vs sheiks
Only when your opponent doesn't want to play properly vs him. Ask Victor, he does not have fun vsing my sheik.
loool yeah. Most people feel too gay if they gay falcon out too much with sheik, making it a more doable match up.

sheik can pretty much beat falcon by walking and ftilting

edit: that poll is really interesting. It gives a nice indication that melee is still popular even though its older. I'm actually really surprised. Or that melee beat COD. :>

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
you guys are ******** falcon doesn't suck
Lol +1

There's so much Falcon hate in this thread. IMO he's a really good character, just not against Sheik, who happens to be able to be played easily and gayly.

Granted, he's one of those characters who don't do as well as they statistically should be, just cause other characters happen to have a lot of anti-Falcon specific stuff. Fast aerials, one that does 18%, a powerful meteor spike, strong smashes, etc, should result in an amazing character with L-cancelling. It just happens that so many other characters have ways to kill him, like the cape, etc etc etc anything that stops his aerial.

Jiggs is the complete opposite, as she statistically shouldn't be doing nearly as well as she does.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also learned how to consistently shorten my side-B.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
no man falcon sucks but he is the funnest character for me so even you're getting ***** its fun.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol +1

There's so much Falcon hate in this thread. IMO he's a really good character, just not against Sheik, who happens to be able to be played easily and gayly.

Granted, he's one of those characters who don't do as well as they statistically should be, just cause other characters happen to have a lot of anti-Falcon specific stuff. Fast aerials, one that does 18%, a powerful meteor spike, strong smashes, etc, should result in an amazing character with L-cancelling. It just happens that so many other characters have ways to kill him, like the cape, etc etc etc anything that stops his aerial.

Jiggs is the complete opposite, as she statistically shouldn't be doing nearly as well as she does.

What!?!? Falcon does WAY better than he should in tournaments, and that's because he's over represented because people like his playstyle (understandable). Jiggs has a very disjointed aeiral, an amazing recovery, and top tier aerial mobility. She also has a 1 frame move that kills close to 0 which has many many set-ups. Jiggs is doing exactly how she should imo. You're forgetting that falcon's smashes have a lot of start-up and are just really slow without much range. He also has awful priority on most of his moves, so many characters can react to him with great ease to punish.

Characters better than falcon imo:

Fox
Falco
Jiggs
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Ganon
ICs
Maybe Doc

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
Lol +1

your shiek my falcon mm
no man falcon is the funnest character for me so even when you're ****** white chicks its fun.
this

Alphicans

Smash Hero
sorry victor, "falcon sucks" is not an appropriate john when you lose with him >_>

and doc ganon ICs are not better than falcon, that's the most ******** thing i've ever heard
Match-ups with top tiers . Doc does well vs jiggs and does ALRIGHT vs fox and falco and even sheik.

Ganon does better vs falco than falcon, and is better vs marth than falcon and probably does better vs sheik.

IC's goes even with sheik (maybe wins), and does pretty well vs falco. Loses just as bad vs fox, and doesn't do too bad marth.

At least have the balls to quote me and say it's the most ******** thing ever. Or at least say something after.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I'd say falcon does ALRIGHT vs fox and falco too. and d-throw to knee actually works vs jiggs. (or at least it seems to)

not that you should be getting many grabs....

Doc sucks anyway. Mario all the way.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Match-ups with top tiers . Doc does well vs jiggs and does ALRIGHT vs fox and falco and even sheik.

Ganon does better vs falco than falcon, and is better vs marth than falcon and probably does better vs sheik.

IC's goes even with sheik (maybe wins), and does pretty well vs falco. Loses just as bad vs fox, and doesn't do too bad marth.

At least have the balls to quote me and say it's the most ******** thing ever. Or at least say something after.
first of all, you're assuming just because a matchup or two is better than another character's, that automatically makes that character better, which is not true at all

second off, your matchups are wrong. ganon and falcon do equally well (bad? lol) against falco and fox, but ganon gets ***** by sheik whereas some falcons (darkrain, mango, hax, and scar) claim the falcon sheik matchup isn't so bad and just takes adjusting because sheik can't approach falcon. additionally, more marths are afraid of falcon than of ganon, and they both do equally as well against jiggs, and whereas falcon has an even matchup with himself, ganon is at a disadvantage. not sure how the ICs matchup goes but i'll assume falcon probably does better in it

i don't care enough to list the rest of the matchups for other characters, but i should mention i find it funny that you would say i don't have balls when you almost cried because you forgot to hand in your psych lit assignment LOL

FalseFalco

Smash Master
@Luke

(Compared to Falcon)

-Ganon does worse against Falco
-Ganon does worse against Fox
-Doc does worse against Jiggs
-IC's do worse against Falco and Fox
-IC's worst matchup is Marth.

You're probably right about:

-Ganon does better against Marth
-IC's do better against Sheik

Also, Luke and Tyler should make out and stop the agony for the rest of us.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I should mention that I find it funny that you ask Grace to see if I almost cried and then she said no, then you came on to smashboards to say that I did.

You're arguing like an idiot right now saying that I am wrong and that you're right... You keep saying you haven't played the game forever yet you're right about ****? Word of top players is only a legit argument to an extent. Top players in brawl still think snake is the 2nd best character, but the majority of people think that he isn't. M2K thinks some match-up are bad for MK just because he's bad at them. Such a flawed argument.

@Carl:

Ganon doing worse vs falco and fox is debatable. Personally I think they do the same vs them.
Doc is considered a jiggs counter by a lot of players and normally is considered even by most. I don't see why you think doc does worse vs jiggs than falcon, when the general concensus is that jiggs hard counters falcon.
IC's do just as bad vs fox, but vs falco they're not too bad. Definitely better than falcon.
IC's worst match-up are ganon and peach, definitely not marth.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol that's funny because i read that entire part of the conversation and you said "almost"

and when did i say my opinion is right yet i haven't played the game forever? are you blind?

yeah let's totally take luke's opinions on matchups when everybody else disagrees with them...

the fact that you're discrediting people that are loads better than you and saying i'm an idiot because i agree with them pretty much shows that you're the idiot here.

there's a reason the melee back room exists so top players can agree on things without the intrusive opinions of people that are nowhere near top level of melee, but try to weight their opinion in as if they are. there's things to be debated but the fact is that top players don't consider him as ****ty as you think and if you want to weigh in tournament results, falcon stands higher than peach and marth (last time i checked)

try not to cry when you read this btw

Alphicans

Smash Hero
UH OH

wait why does ganon beat ICs? that seems...unnatural
Lol yeah I know considering the brawl match-up and all. IC's get shield pressured by ganon way too hard, because their ****ty grab range can't do anything vs ganon (even jab iirc). He also seperates them really well, and ***** nana extremely efficiently when they are seperated.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
aww poor baby, you have nothing left to say cause you know you're wrong so you call me dumb

dun cry!

hey luke do you remember one time when grace said you had a small **** and you apparently almost started crying in the middle of sobey's?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I can see Ganon beating IC's. Falcon relies half on his grab game, something that shouldn't be tried vs IC's. Ganon has more range than IC's and doesn't rely on grabs as much.

WTF is with this "Luke & Grace" stuff?
It's like
"FALCON SUCKS, AND GRACE SAID THIS AND THIS"
"HA"

Top Bottom