• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
"teh ricey"?

But yeah, not to be racist or anything, but average/smart brown people all become doctors or engineers. Failures become taxi drivers.

My Indian friend in computer science with me actually said that when he told his cousin that he was taking compsci, his cousin said "WTF are you dumb or something"

In my compsci class it's all like Asian or white people with no prior programming experience

On a side and slightly more racist note, I was playing bball at leisure centre one day and this brown guy Ali's friend yelled "CMON ALI! DRIVE THE LANE LIKE YOUR DAD DRIVES A TAXI"
And later he turned to us and said "but seriously, his dad drives a taxi"
actually, i think thats wrong.

regardless of being successful or not, when indians come to canada, it's hard for them to get a job or to have their degree be legit here, then they turn to taxi driving.

you'd have no idea how smart some of the taxi drivers here are, you can just ask them.

and you also make indians sound like they're the smartest race in the world. i highly doubt average brown people can be engineers or doctors.

i have many many many brown friends who aren't doctors or engineers. actually i only know of one of my brown friends who is in engineering, but he was getting **** on by 1st year engg and was getting 1.5-1.7 gpa

T-block

B2B TST
india has more honor students then america has students.

i think a lot of it comes down to pressure from parents tbh. In china and india, because of the high population, everyone has to strive to be the best because that was the only way to be successful. No lie, but its a lot more slack here. Our parents just end up keeping that mentality. That, and they want the bragging rights. Bragging rights, and wealth LOL. Viets are all about luxuries. Its not like its a bad thing however. It's become such a stereotype that you're force to follow it or else you look like a dumb loser compared to the rest of your ethnic group, which in turn just furthers the stereotype lol. No racial though.

At least, that's my thoughts on it, as well as some other people I know. Just my look on things I guess.
PRETTY SURE I TYPED THAT SAME PARAGRAPH IN THE DR LIKE 8 MONTHS AGO

when it comes down to it

most people of all races are just intensely stupid.

EQUALITY

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'm sure a lot of people who don't necessarily like their jobs are a lot smarter than at first glance. Society is built around the majority, and the people who are different from the regular group usually have it harder. I was talking mainly about India itself, not Indians in Canada. A lot of Indians in India strive to become engineers or doctors.

But yeah.

And Victor, please get a PHD so I can all you Dr. Tran.

Stevo

Smash Champion
my friend is a doctor.

He invented the best strategy in melee ever created.

he runs to the edge of the stage with Mario and shoots fireballs until you get close, then he uses up-b when you least expect it! (or use the cape if they start shooting at you)

it's un-beatable by anyone who doesn't play melee competitively.

Stevo

Smash Champion
it didn't sound like falsetto to me at first, but now that I go back and listen, it does.

I thought he was just hitting that note (which I think is pretty high for a guy in NON-falsetto)

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
someone invited me to a chinese catholic church for dinner today (the one in SW edmonton) and i went.
being the only non chinese person there + only one who may not have been totally catholic has been a great way to charge up my whitehood.

then the same person offered me a free trip to BC for some religious camp (normally costs $700 + travel costs) http://www.rockridgecanyon.com/ lol.

so... its useful to know random fobs, because they could work for organizations you've never heard of and invite you to things you've never heard of!

Stevo

Smash Champion
I've worked with like 2... mostly you find punk girls over metal. why does this relate to what i said lol
differences between women and men. You said everyone turning into women, and I was listening to an old metallica song at work, and tried to think of any women that like metal.

yo does carl still play?

stevo that sounds ****

Yea Carl still plays

nobody from alberta plays much though.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
word^

I find it ironic that some days I wish I could hurry up and be 23 with a steady job so I can have time to play a decade old kids video game.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Who was playing? ... was it Edmonton playing?

Edmonton ****** Calgary?

Either Calgary sucks too now or Edmonton is getting awesomer. Horray a season I can watch?

watch me be wrong and it's just a different team vs. Calgary that went down. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

If the Flames have a good team despite that, I may or may not have to watch this hockey season. Because ****.

My Dad and I's favorite team... Come on guys! /has to see the roster and whatnot

KillLock

Smash Lord
oilers ***** hard

the kids(paajvari, hall, eberle) did a good job all around, especially eberle what a goal scorer(hall had some great opportunities and paajvari fell short on a possible goal) , shawn horcoff put one in the back of the net nicely and hemsky sniped kiprusoff beautifully :)

khabibulin did a great job in net as well with a season starting shutout and defense was on their A game

makes me wonder if they can play this consistently all season, gonna be some exciting hockey EH

i <3 hockey

Top Bottom