• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
l4d2? Competitive? hahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah okay.

Also you act like I have that kind of money
looks like the little troll doesnt know how to play l4d2, or anything about it for that matter.

its like a kid laughing at melee being competitive when he doesnt know anything about advanced techs.

if u're able to pay for a greyhound ticket, then u do have that kind of money. u just scurrd to 50-100 mm nick.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i remember there was a 200$ mm or something like that on youtube.

dunno if there's higher.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
didn't read much of that... I saw my name a couple times. I don't really have time to play smash right now, I'm working 12 hours a day monday-friday and then 5 hours saturday and some times I'll work 8-12 hours on sunday. P. busy, sorry

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
looks like the little troll doesnt know how to play l4d2, or anything about it for that matter.

its like a kid laughing at melee being competitive when he doesnt know anything about advanced techs.

if u're able to pay for a greyhound ticket, then u do have that kind of money. u just scurrd to 50-100 mm nick.
Since when could I pay for a greyhound ticket? I'm pretty sure my broke-ness is the only reason I couldn't go to any smash event.

I know about L4D, I used to play a lot of it, Sure I'm not entirely up with it, but I understand that the "competitive" idea of L4D is silly considering the game doesn't really have anything you could run a tournament for. I'm sorry but your versus mode scoring is a ****ty flawed points system that can be cheated, and if you look at it any other way you're not playing the game anyways.

Thanks though Tyson, It's like you're trying to make me argue with you, which frankly is the dumbest thing anyone could do

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Wow, super ban??

Anyway, HG/SS didn't mess with the metagame too much. Platinum messed things up with Bullet Punch Scizor, but now everyone and their dog has a counter to it, so it isn't that prevalent anymore.

Choice Scarf is annoying, but you are presented with excellent options once it is revealed.

Scenario #1. You don't know they are choiced. You get KO'd. You send in something that can set up
Scenario #2. You don't know they are choiced. You get KO'd. You send in a counter
Scenario #3. You predict a choice item, send in something that takes minimal damage

Those are the most ideal scenarios IMO. You also take note of trends. Like... if someone sends in a TTar against your Starmie, chances are they are running Choice Scarf because that is a dumb move otherwise. Flygon is almost always running Choice Scarf, Gengar, Magnezone... Also if you memorize speed stats, you'll know if something is scarfed or not. If someone's Honchkrow beat out your timid Lucario, you know it is running a scarf. Then you switch to something more appropriate.

Of course there's yomi layers on top of that as well. Say I have a Scarfed Gengar out against someone and they switch to Heatran as I use Shadow Ball. They'd predict a switch and use Substitute, but I could stay in and use Shadow Ball to keep them from having a sub up.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
didn't read much of that... I saw my name a couple times. I don't really have time to play smash right now, I'm working 12 hours a day monday-friday and then 5 hours saturday and some times I'll work 8-12 hours on sunday. P. busy, sorry
wow, workaholic. dont work ur self out too much levi.

Since when could I pay for a greyhound ticket? I'm pretty sure my broke-ness is the only reason I couldn't go to any smash event.

I know about L4D, I used to play a lot of it, Sure I'm not entirely up with it, but I understand that the "competitive" idea of L4D is silly considering the game doesn't really have anything you could run a tournament for. I'm sorry but your versus mode scoring is a ****ty flawed points system that can be cheated, and if you look at it any other way you're not playing the game anyways.

Thanks though Tyson, It's like you're trying to make me argue with you, which frankly is the dumbest thing anyone could do
u were saying that u could go to the tourney in edmonton by greyhound like a few weeks ago. only thing that was stopping u was sid not being in town, so u had no housing.

thats the thing, competitive players dont play "vanilla", which is the regular versus mode that all the public and regular players play.

theres mods to servers (clan servers, personal/rent servers) that correct this (kinda like making it 4 stocks, no items, time limit, certain stages for smash), and the most popular ones are cevo, and confogl.

usually, top competitors play confogl, and that, imo, is very balanced. and they do change the points system in cevo and confogl.

so I like follow the liter in l4d2 more than scavenge. WTF is up with the huge clunk when you fill the cans on that mutation?!
the clunk noise is to tell u that a new group of cans spawned.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Anyway, HG/SS didn't mess with the metagame too much. Platinum messed things up with Bullet Punch Scizor, but now everyone and their dog has a counter to it, so it isn't that prevalent anymore.
You DO realize there's a glitch that allows any Pokemon to learn any move because of HG/SS...right? I wouldn't be so fussy about it if people didn't actually take that glitch seriously. Plus, even without the glitch, HG/SS and Platinum both messed up the metagame anyway. It's almost like Nintendo purposely beefed Salamence in Platinum cause they somehow knew Garchomp would be banned...

T-block

B2B TST
Why wouldn't they take it seriously? It has the potential to create a completely new metagame (it's only pokemon that can learn Mimic and a few other moves btw... a lot of 4th gen can't do it), but there's no way this glitch kills the current metagame.

Anyways, Sid we should play. I haven't played DPP since HGSS came out lol

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I've got my tickets to Calgary, 21st morning to 23rd mid-evening, so whoever wants to Smash, let me know. =)

=D

Tyson651

Smash Lord
not me loser icy.

just kidding :p but ill be in edmonton so its gonna be a while longer till we play.

and when we do, ull only be playing with me if its teams rofl.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i have to leave back to ontario on the 28th due to relatives, and my living conditions being cutt off. so the 21st weekend is probably my last chance to play if anyone wants 2

t3h Icy

Smash Master
not me loser icy.

just kidding :p but ill be in edmonton so its gonna be a while longer till we play.

and when we do, ull only be playing with me if its teams rofl.
But, but, but....Puff dittos? D:

Nah I'll see you eventually.

Limeee

Smash Champion
smashfest this month?
i might not be able to make it though because my brothers are gone so i dunno, maybe mike could drive me cuz he's super cool and stuff
god ****it show my signature

please

its amazing

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Quick post won't show sigs. You have to used the advanced post or quote options.

P.S. I really should try and get into competitive Pokemon. I know what to do, but I just get way too easily distracted from it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hey jamie, i think maiko is coming over tomorrow. if he is you're free to join him =p

brawl and melee obv

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol i guess sheik against falcon matchup outgays mango.

let me rephrase this, u cant gay mango in a ditto :)

T-block

B2B TST
vic i have no idea how i'm gonna get to your house

i guess i'm taking the bus, but that's kinda lame because it takes like... an hour to get there >_< what time can i get there?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
gahahaha. oh well. :3

anytime mang.

oh oops jamie, i forgot you still had school XD nevermind :3

Top Bottom