• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Man I never intend to take anyone to a CP stage lol. Even if it would give me a slight advantage. I think i've only played on brinstar like 2 times ever. And god **** your peach tore me apart during the brawl monthly haha.
what are you talking about lol. All I remember is a bunch of upsmash kills T^T

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
dragonz loves pictochat
Haha yo man, i've only played on like 6 stages in brawl, so when you were like "K i'll CP pictochat" i was like "...wtf is that?!" Similarly, in teams Jarrett wanted to CP Norfair but i was thinking..."Isn't that the stage with the crazy lava?...how the **** do you dodge that?"

Yeah my stage awareness/knowledge in both games is terrible =P

FalseFalco

Smash Master
corneria is fine. It's a good counterpick against marth and jiggs. Alot of really good players are arguing that it's a bad counterpick map but it's not broken in my opinion. The ness stuff is stupid anyway (don't pick falcon/ganon on that map against ness).

pokefloats is also fine. It's a good counterpick against falco and and you have to play quite a bit differently there to win, there isn't anything gamebreaking about it.

EDIT: "OP"=Original post, "Overpowered"=Overpowered. Stop saying OP! It took me like 10 minutes to understand that one :(

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
So I got a job at Julios on whyte. That's why my hair is gone :(:(:( But I just cut it to increase my chances of getting a job lol. Now that I've got one, I'm growing it back for realz.

Also, SORRY STEVE but I can't make it next Saturday for doubles! I have to do some orientation crap at 2. I'll still be there for singles though.

Regular Hitler

Smash Cadet
Then go argue this stuff with members of the MBR, cause you're not even making an argument for anything and they're likely to tell you the same stuff I'm already saying.
The MBR doesn't make definite rules, they analyze results and make suggestions, and I'm not trying to change the entire planet's "official" rules. I'm trying to make a say in local rules, so that they aren't governed by a kid who thinks he knows everything. You've placed in small tournaments in the last 2 months and immediately you seem to be trying to contribute a lot, but a lot of people that are at a mediocre playing level stating opinions as fact, is not helpful. It can cause a lot of confusion for the newer players that don't know any big names. A lot of the time, you're saying things that you've hardly even put thought into (or at least I hope so). Take a look:
Anybody who complains about anything in Corneria being ban-worthy other than the guns in the bottom has no clue what they're talking about.
You're detracting people's attention from the entire topic by insulting them, and stating your opinion as a fact. wtf man. Do you realize how clutch the stage control is on Corneria? The camping capabilities on that stage are horrible, even excluding the guns.
luke said that if we meet in bracket on saturday, he's gonna cp me to corneria with ness to prove how broken it is. if it's really that broken, then we can later decide to either label it as stalling or we can just flat out ban the stage.
you're using a match between you and your best friend to decide on rules.
It's not cause they always have to be gay when they're played. Technically Flatzone could be played 100 % legit, it's just if one of the players has the option to exploit it and play gay, then it should be banned, cause there's plenty of other stages left that are legit.
What are you even trying to prove here? Every stage can be abused, and there are a lot of stages that it's pushed far enough to be banned.
I can have a nice chat about it with you Victor, but I'd prefer not to do it here because some people here have to bash it senselessly when they don't realize that most other competitive communities have already started using it because they're not scared of change and they have better logic in defending their arguments like finding the first stage of a matchup being more fair instead of arguments like "we don't need to change anything."
You're saying because other people use it, we should use it?
Likewise, I don't think many of the Edmonton people really care cause nothing's being changed really except stage striking, but like I said, people can agree to do randoms if they don't wanna stage strike. I've already done it with Carl and Sid before, and I have no problems with it.
Then why go through with it?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
No promises yet, but seeing that the next Rock, Paper, Scissors monthly is during Reading Week, Lethbridge may come and visit. Going to see what the other guys think of the idea. =D

We're also getting better and expanding as a whole. ;D I can't wait until I get to play you guys. =D

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
The MBR doesn't make definite rules, they analyze results and make suggestions, and I'm not trying to change the entire planet's "official" rules. I'm trying to make a say in local rules, so that they aren't governed by a kid who thinks he knows everything. You've placed in small tournaments in the last 2 months and immediately you seem to be trying to contribute a lot, but a lot of people that are at a mediocre playing level stating opinions as fact, is not helpful. It can cause a lot of confusion for the newer players that don't know any big names. A lot of the time, you're saying things that you've hardly even put thought into (or at least I hope so). Take a look:
Wtf? Me placing or "contributing" has NOTHING to do with what I'm saying. I'm just running the monthlies and I'm looking at the MBR ruleset and trying to hybridize it with the old one because I know people don't want change, yet some people do. I don't know everything, but at least I'm trying to provide a little insight here on why certain things are banned and certain things aren't.

You're detracting people's attention from the entire topic by insulting them, and stating your opinion as a fact. wtf man. Do you realize how clutch the stage control is on Corneria? The camping capabilities on that stage are horrible, even excluding the guns.
I'm not insulting anybody. If anything, people are avoiding the REASON why stages are banned. How is the stage control clutch as compared to other stages? How the **** is camping on the left side of the stage not legit? Laser camping or waiting under the fin is COMPLETELY legit and there is NOTHING wrong with it.

you're using a match between you and your best friend to decide on rules.
No, I'm doing what Mike did with his stage list, and what every TO does when they want to change a stage list by testing things out empirically to see if they're that broken or not.

What are you even trying to prove here? Every stage can be abused, and there are a lot of stages that it's pushed far enough to be banned.
Not every stage can be abused to reach the criteria of a ban that the BR has determined. For example, there's no loop to run away forever on FD, and there's nothing wrong with laser camping. If you don't know what that criteria is, I'm not even going to bother arguing.

You're saying because other people use it, we should use it?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying considering that are dozens of other communities that are more competitive and more intelligent with their decisions. I could use the same logic here to ask why the old stage list was used, and it's because people found it fair and everybody else used it for that reason.

Then why go through with it?
Because some people are willing to do it to have a more fair first stage instead of using a reason like "oh there's not enough stage diversity without random" when I specifically addressed that issue with an even number of neutrals.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I don't really want to draw out my comments on banning Corneria, but long story short I'm in favour of keeping it.

Tyler you've yet to REALLY justify banning Pokefloats and keeping Corneria; Levi you have to understand that he's the one running the tournament. He could do bonus mode if he wanted.

I'm ready to argue about pokefloats. Why exactly is it banned?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Now Tyler knows how it feels. No ledges is definitely pretty lame, but when there are multiple moving platforms that pretty much substitute as platforms, I don't see this as a major problem. It was legal in the past, and the only reason it's not legal now is because the MBR doesn't like radical stages anymore. Melee is degrading imo.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Actually the only reason it isn't legal now is because Tyler decided it wasn't. The MBR list is a guideline to expand upon and I also know the list isn't made on what the MBR likes and doesn't like; it's discussion and voting.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Voting is based on what you like, as is discussion. But yeah, the MBR list is a guideline, but when all the big tournaments are using the same list, then it kinda becomes a solidified list :\.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Voting is based on what you like, as is discussion. But yeah, the MBR list is a guideline, but when all the big tournaments are using the same list, then it kinda becomes a solidified list :\.
I guess we agree to disagree. The voting is based on clear reasoning and argued heavily. Your rash generalization makes it sound like "they" ban things that "they" don't like.

And, no the stage list doesn't become solidified by any means. The final call is made by the TO regardless of other tournaments. You're making it sound like Tyler is being pressured to conform to something he doesn't want, when in reality he has 100% control on the ruleset.

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
non neutral stages are for cowards.

Levi I was out of town for a while so I missed your calls/texts, Also I dont live by you anymore I moved to canyon meadows lol. Ill be at alexs on thursday and ill come if anyone from calgarys going to the endomton tourney on the 6th.

Regular Hitler

Smash Cadet
wow, I was actually impressed when I read this Luke +rep. That's exactly what I'm fighting for here. Tyler if you can get the shi t out of your mouth before you post I'll leave your rules thing alone.

And, no the stage list doesn't become solidified by any means. The final call is made by the TO regardless of other tournaments. You're making it sound like Tyler is being pressured to conform to something he doesn't want, when in reality he has 100% control on the ruleset.
Carl he means that people follow the same rules over and over again and they become the standard for everytournament. Just how every tournament thread was a copy paste of one before it, because no one ever felt like writing out their own rules.

edit: ****it david, lol oh well

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Bison from Buffalo, New York, who are intimidated by other bison in their community also happen to intimidate other bison in their community.

lol you guys.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Me and Colin (Jber) are confirmed for Rock, Paper, Scissors on the 20th. But also before we go, we're hanging out in Calgary for awhile and while he hangs with his buds, I'd love to play the Melee guys again. =D

You up for it Levi, Bread, Alex, etc? I want to see how my new and improved Puff does now, and I want to try my Yoshi on non-CPUs, and go have some fun with you d00ds. =D

=D

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
no. I have reasons for it, which I'll post tomorrow. I don't just do everything that ruleset says, hence why corneria is still legal and pokestad is a neutral. >_>

edit: and by this I mean during my block 1 spare later this morning, before somebody posts in that other thread (it's been dead for 16-17 days now anyway)

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
So there's a tournament this Saturday @ NAIT?

What time?

I'll honestly have to check back on this thread in an hour or there'll be like 3 pages of spam D:

SS vs Armada with ghetto cam is probably my favourite match ever.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
who uploaded ss vs armada?

and someone host this saturday (feb 6)????????????

alex broke my heart when he cancelled sunday.

alex, dont host thursday, thats so dumb, no ones going to go! and IM NOT GOING cause i work.

Regular Hitler

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna play during the week? I'm busy thursday but that's it. I've got open house for college and shiz on friday/saturday so I think I might be busy not sure.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
if kevin hosts or if kevin drives during the week ill play lol.

i get off work at 5 so time is of the essence during weekdays.

Top Bottom