• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That's Levi. lmao

I know this because of the Smashfest at Sid's place when we were playing FFA Falcon matches on Yoshi's Story and Hyrule Temple.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Well the Backroom doesn't do anything it seems, so I stepped up to it.

But I bet the Backroom would make an awesomer chart.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys guys guys guys, you know who's cool?

Plank.

I mean, he made up a rule that says you can only touch the ledge a certain number of times.

ISN'T THAT SO COOL? I MEAN IT JUST BALANCES OUT THE ENTIRE GAME.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
P.S: Tyler, shut up, you're an idiot. Why do you think you know more about the smash back room than a member who was around before anyone other than admins were even in the room?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
P.S: Tyler, shut up, you're an idiot. Why do you think you know more about the smash back room than a member who was around before anyone other than admins were even in the room?
Oh **** Tyler got Sonned!

Limeee

Smash Champion
trying to unlock some stuff in melee, how do i beat event 47 (trophy tussle, the one with majora's mask)

i'm a scrub btw and i'm trying to learn melee

Stevo

Smash Champion
The only reason someone wouldn't like stage striking is because they're lazy/impatient.

I am VERY lazy/impatient in smash
I would almost play on the opponents choice of stage just to speed things up.
I hate checking to see what stages are on or off, its bad enough i gotta check for friendly fire and FoD in doubles.
I do understand how it makes it more fair
I read somewhere that most games were ending up on Battlefield with stage striking at pound 4.
random 1 ban is where its at. Hell, you can have a second ban after the first match for all I care.
Stage striking is just trying to make sure that you can get by playing only 1 top/high tier character.
If you want a big stage, ban yoshi`s. You want platforms? ban final D. playing against jiggs? ban Dream Land.

all that being said, I would be even more for pcking stage before characters first round (I would be for random again here, but even for SS).

click random, random is yoshis, reset, blind pick knowng the stage is yoshi`s.

why should someone, lets say, hungry box for example,
why should hungry box be able to avoid playing on yoshi`s except in counter picks.

in the end, im not really completely against Stage Striking, but for the love of god, if ANYONE starts debating about how to decide who gets what controller port or whatever.....

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Stage striking in melee isn't as big of a deal. Brawl it's practically necessary, lots of match-ups end up on different stages.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think Stephen just made the best point ever.

I still prefer old rules, but if something must be done, his way is fantastic, I'd even like to run a tournament like that sometime, not to change the rules, but just to change it up, because I don't even realisticly have a main right now, I just play whoever, and knowing the stage makes it feel a little safer.

In the old days, I used to play sheik match 1 just because I was afraid of some stages with ganon.

edit: I think since Brawl can't just grow balls, they should do that too.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
idk stage striking is kinda tedious but it's not even that bad here in edmonton cause we have pokemon stadium as a neutral and we random the last 2 stages

it's worse in other regions because not only is there less stage diversity without PS, but people always strike down to the same 1 ****ty stage every time, and from what I've seen and heard, it tends to be battlefield most of the time

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
idk stage striking is kinda tedious but it's not even that bad here in edmonton cause we have pokemon stadium as a neutral and we random the last 2 stages

it's worse in other regions because not only is there less stage diversity without PS, but people always strike down to the same 1 ****ty stage every time, and from what I've seen and heard, it tends to be battlefield most of the time
I don't blame them, BF is an awesome stage.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
It sucks for spacies though, and PS is like the only good neutral for spacies no matter what the matchup is. Fox and sometimes Falco get ***** by Marth on FD, sometimes by Peach as well, and Falco gets ***** by Fox on FD, and the rest of the neutrals have 3 plats. Plus, throwing in PS for stage striking really balances a "fair" first stage for some matchups, like Falco vs Marth, Falco vs Peach, etc.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
because you only have 2 strikes, and in certain matchups, you're not gonna end up on a fair stage a lot of the time

when you have certain characters like peach, jiggs doing well on say dream land and FD in a matchup, you are most likely going to strike them, but you might wanna still strike bf. like, it's kind of like a 3 bad stages for one character vs 1 bad stage for the other character. PS kinda just helps offset that, and I know in a lot of matchups, PS is a fair neutral and a lot of people prefer playing on it too, like me vs dragonz in tourney agree to pokemon as our first stage.

plus, it's been neutral for 8 years, so I don't know why it suddenly isn't fair

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
going on random doesn't mean you'll be on a fair stage all of the time either lol

with stage striking, you can manipulate that and so can you're opponent

play it like mini chess and mindgame ***

also i love BF for falco even against marth, preference>theory

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol except I hate it AND it's bad in theory =(

but yeah I agree stage striking is still better than randoms and you can at least save your ban

then again, with the new stage list, I'm not even sure if that's necessary, considering dave's rule + striking + ban = lack of stage diversity in a bo5

I like stage striking down to 2 stages and randoming, I think that tries to please everybody as much as possible

Top Bottom