• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

smarms

Smash Cadet
I also find that there are instances during masturbation when switching hands may be necessary. Good to have proficiency with both just in case.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
would you like to touch my extender?
My name is Fox and I'm all for sex with you.
Wanna know what the best part about me is? My tipper.
No clothes. No lights. Humping only. Final Destination.
I only need one grab.
let me have one grab and i'll dropzone you to heaven
My friends tell me I'm hardest on my last stock, wanna see if they're right?
i'm better in doubles, so invite some friends around and we'll all go at it.
I'm a pro at tech chasing, so no matter where you roll, I'll always be there for you.
Let's do it in 2.04 with no strategies, just doing it as hard as we can.

Same. Which is why I hate doubles.

Cept when it's like a shield break or a missed rest I can't space for ****. Has to be a moving opponent.
The shirt that was made before was better.

Also, I use L button for everything.

Also, the game.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i use L for everything.

when i play i look at my opponent and myself, just looking at myself for a while, then look at my opponent for a while and back and forth.

usually at myself if im on the ledge or recovering from far away or grabbing the opponent.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I also use the jump button that most people dont use, whichever that is.
Made my day

You could look at the other side.

People who use R to shiled, etc, DO use one hand to do everything, and as such are likely chronic masturbators.
Want the comeback?

I actually do most of that with my left, see I was thinking, I can still play with my right hand if it's doing all the work, then I can keep my left for masturbating.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Thanks lemonlau36.

The last topic we covered in theory is actually the use of nonchord tones in relation to harmonic progression!

I believe what Carl is saying is that there are "wrong notes" for lack of a better term. Pitches shouldn't be classified as right or wrong since it invades artistic integrity, but that's a different topic. However, there are notes that when played in certain harmonic contexts, they sound bad/dissonant.

In tonal music, you generally want notes that fit into some type of triad or 7th chord, while following a somewhat typical progression. More contemporary music pushes those boundaries with great results, but not to the extent where your average person will find everything aurally pleasing.

With the song (so far) that you have, your harmonic progression is actually pretty dece. Like, it works. What throws it off is you have non-chord tones in the melody that don't really resolve to the given key. Your piece starts in C major, moves to a dim7 chord, then resolves to C minor, then NCT's come in and it sounds... off, ESPECIALLY due to the minor 2nd created by the bass and melody. Electronic music can get away with it sometimes, but minor 2nds and augmented 4ths are intervals that almost always sound extremely dissonant unless it's placed in some sort of meaningful context. Since electronica tends to be tonal, that sort of interval sticks out more.

For example, at 0:07. That's the beginning of your 4-bar phrase. Your 4-bar bass pattern goes C-Bb-C-C, while your melody goes G---F---Eb---*Db*. Db clashes with C

Starting at 0:24, the melody is typically tonal again, but then it does another sort of modulation. Your second section goes G-F-Eb. Cool, Then Ab--BbAb--*Gb Bb C* Bb G... (repeat). The Gb makes it sound off, because the end of the phrase wants to resolve to G (which it does), but the Gb going to C (even though there's a Bb in the middle) is an augmented 4th (tritone) which is again another very dissonant interval in tonal music.

Essentially, you have two very dissonant intervals regularly occuring because they're present in four bar loops. Some people have different ears, so they might not notice anything "wrong" with what you've done. Harmony is a very opinionated topic.

Rhythmically, your song is pretty solid! 10/10. And if we've learned anything from Ke$ha, having a catchy beat is very important with dance music.

Vincens

Smash Rookie
Halcyon matts, are you going to the tournament saturday?
if yes, want to give me ride home lmao

oh and how do i get out of falcon's d throw chaingrab on marth
i try not to get grabbed but when i do :(

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Halcyon matts, are you going to the tournament saturday?
if yes, want to give me ride home lmao

oh and how do i get out of falcon's d throw chaingrab on marth
i try not to get grabbed but when i do :(
DI down and away.

if he can still get u, then DI up and towards to throw him off, and he'll miss his next grab 90% of the time.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Insight is what I sought insight is what I got dayummm Sid

I wish I could just name off notes like that. I think I'll be learning how to do that at some point. It looks like it makes communication about music quite a bit easier.

lemonlau36 said:
Ke$ha, having a catchy beat is very important with dance music.
FUUUUUUUUUU-

Stevo

Smash Champion
Do you like Pokemon and/or eating?

then have I got the thing for you!

Our new Nugget diet will have you fit in no time.

Our scientifically designed Nugget eating system is designed so all the work is done for you! All you have to do is eat 1 condensed food nuggets every 3 hours, and you will lose weight GUARANTEED.

Our nuggets are shaped like pokeballs! Fat people love to eat, and Asians love pokemon. That covers 90% of the world population, so there is something for everyone!

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Thanks lemonlau36.

The last topic we covered in theory is actually the use of nonchord tones in relation to harmonic progression!

I believe what Carl is saying is that there are "wrong notes" for lack of a better term. Pitches shouldn't be classified as right or wrong since it invades artistic integrity, but that's a different topic. However, there are notes that when played in certain harmonic contexts, they sound bad/dissonant.

In tonal music, you generally want notes that fit into some type of triad or 7th chord, while following a somewhat typical progression. More contemporary music pushes those boundaries with great results, but not to the extent where your average person will find everything aurally pleasing.

With the song (so far) that you have, your harmonic progression is actually pretty dece. Like, it works. What throws it off is you have non-chord tones in the melody that don't really resolve to the given key. Your piece starts in C major, moves to a dim7 chord, then resolves to C minor, then NCT's come in and it sounds... off, ESPECIALLY due to the minor 2nd created by the bass and melody. Electronic music can get away with it sometimes, but minor 2nds and augmented 4ths are intervals that almost always sound extremely dissonant unless it's placed in some sort of meaningful context. Since electronica tends to be tonal, that sort of interval sticks out more.

For example, at 0:07. That's the beginning of your 4-bar phrase. Your 4-bar bass pattern goes C-Bb-C-C, while your melody goes G---F---Eb---*Db*. Db clashes with C

Starting at 0:24, the melody is typically tonal again, but then it does another sort of modulation. Your second section goes G-F-Eb. Cool, Then Ab--BbAb--*Gb Bb C* Bb G... (repeat). The Gb makes it sound off, because the end of the phrase wants to resolve to G (which it does), but the Gb going to C (even though there's a Bb in the middle) is an augmented 4th (tritone) which is again another very dissonant interval in tonal music.

Essentially, you have two very dissonant intervals regularly occuring because they're present in four bar loops. Some people have different ears, so they might not notice anything "wrong" with what you've done. Harmony is a very opinionated topic.

Rhythmically, your song is pretty solid! 10/10. And if we've learned anything from Ke$ha, having a catchy beat is very important with dance music.
A couple of questions: What are chords?
What's a tritone?

Thanks for the help. I don't know much about music.

T-block

B2B TST
a tritone just refers to the interval of an augmented 4th. C to F# is a tritone, for example - play it on a keyboard or something, and you'll hear it sounds very dissonant. in classical harmony they should resolve to something that sounds nicer... like CF# to BG.

i'd help you out, but i really don't know anything past classical harmony lol

*waits for sid*

Stevo

Smash Champion
btw luke, I found out (the hard way) that you cant tell your medics to follow, cause right clicking alied units make them try to heal them, and then they stop.

ive come accustomed to setting them in a different hotkey group and just pressing stop when I need them to heal (which again is annoying for me, because you usually press hold position to make yourquickly attack after moving).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, I dunno. I'm pretty jealous of Ken now. Like, wtf, those girls are like 15 and probably really easy.

yeah =( ****'s gay. I guess its kinda nice though, even though I'd like to smash at sk8, I think I'm going to be pretty comfortable resting in Red Deer for a bit.

Plus I got a hair cut that blows.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I got a haircut today, it's balla

also ran into an old elementary friend

more to come from tyler's diary stories, part 6

but seriously though. I was only gonna enter brawl for fun with you, but now that's over and melee day is gonna be gay cause I'm not entering doubles

Top Bottom