• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I wonder what argument's could DBR have on this. I mean, rules say that it's 3of5. Lol, everyone just kinda forgot due to the moment, including M2K.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
"To make things worse, the oher semi finals, Scar v Mango, was done as a full best of 5 and M2k isn't allowed to finish.
ChiboSempai, half a minute ago"

From what I understand, the argument is that both Armada and M2K thought it was a best of 3(Which it was in fact a best of 5), because players have special privileges to bypass the rules if they both agree then the best of 5 is forfeit.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
****ing ********. It's IN THE RULES. BEST OF 5 FOR SEMI'S. WHY ARE THEY NOT DOING IT? They decide to change the rules IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH so M2K can lose? **** THAT. Let them play it out, let Europe prove how good Armada is and give M2K his FAIR chance of winning.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
As far as I can tell, it was a silly misreading of the rules.
Sets are best of 3 until Winners/Losers bracket Semi-finals are reached. Semi-finals to Grand Finals will be Best out of 5.
Keep in mind that semi-finals means the matches before the finals. In a single elimination bracket, that's the top 4. In double elimination bracket, the real semi-finals are actually the winners' and losers' finals.

This seems to be written out properly in Norcal Smash's forums:

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
http://norcalsmash.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52&sid=b819ed01cb723e0760d479b64c4fa0b4

I'm not sure where the argument that "M2K and Armada agreed to a best of 3 set" came from, but if that was actually what was used to refuse the set from continuing, then it's stupid. As far as I can tell they weren't allowed to continue the set because they weren't supposed to, and people wanted them to continue the set because Scar and Mango played best of 5.
quotequotequote

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Just got off the phone with Carl.

Apparently he beat some random, then he beat Caveman, but lost to Lambchops.

And then in losers he lost to some random.

qq

Alphicans

Smash Hero
****it Armada! W.e second place while beating M2K and taking out mango in winner's finals. And europe plays a completely different version. I'd say Armada is pretty ****.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
MANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

/caps

EDIT: NO JOHNS EUROPE!!!!!!! ****ING REPRESENT, MANGOOOOOOOOO

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Ignatius's impressive step by step text compilation of the fight:

Melee singles Grand finals set one:

Mango is using Falco, with the tag of PC. Armada Peach. First match is on battlefield.

Mango just got DESTROYED. 3 stocked, match 2 he's CPing Dreamland with Jiggs. 1-0 Armada.

Second match, extremey close match on Dreamland, a real nailbiter(or mail bites according to phanna) mango pulls off the win. 1-1. Mango is switching to box's tag for the third match on FD.

Armada is crushing Mango on FD, stitch face turnip. Hes up 4 stock to 2 stock at the moment. 3 to 1 stock now. 2 to 1 stock. Armada wins 2 stock 2-1.

Fourth match is Battlefield close on first stock. 4 to 3 stock, 92%. 2-2 stock right now, really even.Im on the phone, overwhelming cheers for Armada, 1-stock each 37% to 0%. Mango landed a rest to make the set 2-2!!!

Final match Pokemon Stadium. 102% armada to 0% mango first stock, a comeback mayhaps.
Im on the phone, overwhelming cheers for Armada, 1-stock each 37% to 0%. Mango landed a rest to make the set 2-2!!!
It's 2-2 right now, last match of the set armada 3 stock, Mango 4 at 62%.
Mango DIing amazingly, 4 stock high % to 2 stock, crowd cheering Mango. 3 stock to 2 now, quick kill by armada.

3stock - 1 Stock, Mango got another rest, not even a combo just jumps in and rests while Armada is dash dancing. Mango just dies, 2 stock to 1. 107 to 109%. Mango dies 1to 1 stock.

Crowd cheering Mango. 34% to 147%. 72% 157% armada stilla alive beast DI. 86% mango. Armada 169%. 186%. mango 99%. MANGO WINS
Second set is about to start, believe Peach v Jiggs still. Stage strikes now; and one TV in the entire venue is playing friendlies.

First stage is FD. Armada pulls a stitch and hits Mango once.
3 to 3 stock, 80% to 65%, really even match so far. FD

Armada 2 stock, Mango slight lead, Mango dies 2 stock even again. Mango comes back from halo and fair to rests 2 to 1 Stock mango lead. 80% each of them, Mango one stock lead. Armada 119. Mango 102. Trade bairs, Mango dies. Armada 143% recovering. 161%. Armada combo mangos at 45% 54% 63%. 174% pound almost kills. 83% on Mango. Mango lands a Fair, Mango wins first match 1-0.
Mangos got his token over Falco, and Everyone in the Venue exclaimed No. He went back to Jiggs. Armada CP'd random, second match is on FD.
3 stock to 3 stock, Mango lands a Fsmash on this stock, Mango up 3 to 2.
Mango up 2 stock to 1 stock, mango 42% to armadas 0. Crowd cheering for mango like crazy. Mango at 116%, armada at 51% now. Armada 145% 1 stock, mango 130%2 stock. 181% armada recovers and dies at 192% to afair 2-0 Mango.
Armada goes FOX on Yoshis Story, WAT.

4-3 stock Mangos lead, Instant Rest. no DI on s space animal slayer.

Mango 50%, 4 stock armadas 2 stock.
4 stock 65% to armadas one stock, crowd cheering 4 stock. Mango dies, crowd cheering JV. Mango gets hit. 3 stock 58%, game over mango wins.
Mango wins Grand melee finals. Upon winning the match he throws several dollar bills into the crowd, making it read. Everyones cheering Mango. And now USA is being cheered.
Everyone is no(Typo?) also giving Armada a round of applause.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Woah I just got this huge case of deja vu as soon as I opened this thread... >.>

Yeah I soooo wish that Armada won, that would make it ****ing awesome in terms of competition and a big slap in the face to many of those annoying obnoxious posters on the thread...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Darn, I wished Armada won. Reading that post was too intense, I can't imagine what watching the vids would be like.

But yeah, what Luke said. Armada did amazing. It's all legit.

edit: I think Isai said it best.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I just love how everyone didn't expect **** from Armada and then he comes out and almost wins. I did not expect mango to win, I thought he' get like 4th or 5th.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I knew Armada would do good, better than the other peaches, but not THIS good.

That's unfair for mango. It was pretty obvious he was getting either first or second. Either way though, seeing the results of this tournament, anything could have happened god ****.

Also, Carl is my hero for 2-0ing Scar seeing as how Scar pretty much beasted Singles, out lasting SS and Darkrain. Did NOT see that coming.

Good thing Genesis gets to end with Brawl finals!
Match 5 Dojo has a ~40% lead with 20 secs left but gets upB'd by Tyrant and loses.

Get *****!
O**** MAD EXCITING.

casy

Smash Cadet
I knew Armada would do good, better than the other peaches, but not THIS good.

That's unfair for mango. It was pretty obvious he was getting either first or second. Either way though, seeing the results of this tournament, anything could have happened god ****.

Also, Carl is my hero for 2-0ing Scar seeing as how Scar pretty much beasted Singles, out lasting SS and Darkrain. Did NOT see that coming.

Good thing Genesis gets to end with Brawl finals!

O**** MAD EXCITING.
Just out of interest, who is Carl?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
FlaseFlacoz

FalseFalco, there ya go. ^^

DUDE! CARL! 2-0'ing Scar in Melee. BEAST!

Also, Dan lost to BoA in Winner Bracket of Brawl Pools. He ***** his Marth first match with Snake, then the guy went MK and beat him 2-1. Then Dan had to face HugS' R.O.B. first thing. Dan tried using Falco for that but got 2-0'd for it. First match was wicked close. So in short, Dan may have had a little more luck then myself, but not as much. We were both unprepared for the match-ups. I don't think we suck too much, so much as we need to play more, and draw more people in to get better with other characters that we could expect to face at these kinds of tournaments. Like Diddy Kong was just overwhelming for me and Dan. Victor, I'm sorry I used you as an example. I was extremely angry and hadn't meant to be insulting to anyone in general. Other then that, Lucario, R.O.B., Meta Knight, Wario, King Dedede, and whatnot. If we can get the community bigger, we can expand our game further.

You guys know that's not the person that I am. I don't do mean or bitter. Heck, I never even ragequit any of my matches during Genesis. Win or lose. I'm really sorry for the way I was acting before. I was totally out of line. Any chance we can put that all behind us? If I have to make it up to you guys I will. That was just not cool... ... Lmao, I did see this one guy throw his controller hard against the wall, and then some kid on his knees sobbing.

I feel better after the third day of playing some matches. Dan and I decided that we made the mistake of not bringing a Wii to the hotel to get warmed up. Because after we got warmed up, we performed SO well in friendlies.

Jack, you'd be happy to know that Dan got to play Deva's Link in Brawl. His Link's too good. ... That being said, Dan 3-0'd him in their MM. And he took some matches off of DieSuperFly's Snake in friendlies, and got beat 3-1 in a MM. Other then that, I don't know what else he did for Brawl. In Melee crews though, he was on FIRE! Dan's awesome in all 3 games. And in Doubles with Carl, he got a Double Tipper kill, KO'ing both his opponents at the same time.

On my end of things, I went even with the US' best Mario (at least, one of. people were saying he is), TC1 in our MM. I almost 2-stocked him with Sonic on the first match. And I took Dojo's MK to the last stock in friendlies as well. I got wrecked by Ally in a $1 MM though. The story behind how I landed myself in a MM with him was hilarious though. LMAO More on that one later. I was beating quite a few people actually, including going even with Vex's Bowser (best Bowser in the states, prolly the world), and apparently this guy's Peach is better then Praxis', but I beasted him too. I also got to do some Doubles Friendlies, teaming with Mew2King with Double MK for a good hour or so. Get *****, everyone. Lmao, both me and him were doing our fair share of ownage, and actually had some really awesome Meta Knight combos made up on the fly.

Warm-ups... These kinds of tourneys need way more warm-ups, I think. I'm proud of myself, if anything, for the learning experience that Dan and I got. Next time something like this happens and if I did find myself going, I know I'd be better prepared. But I need Alberta and West Coast's help with this one for more local tourneys and the like.

Again, I'm really sorry for the way that I acted before. Sorry for the tl;dr. And ChuDat, thanks big time for the words of encouragement. ^_^

Top Bottom