• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Just a... wonderful christmas tiiiiiimmme~

We act like we care about brawl, I don't like the game, and hadn't played since adat1, and then I played with a few guys the weekend I was up in edmonton, and won with pretty much any character on the board.

If thats not telling you brawl is just silly, I don't know what will.

Like, they actually are good and know their stuff. So it's not me being better than them.

Alex arn't we teaming for brawl doubles lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No. That's not enough. The only way for that is for everyone to stop sucking at Brawl. And to play more top tier characters.

Why the **** does no one play Diddy Kong here. Vic, you don't count. Your Diddy sucks. Luke, your Falco sucks too. Hate to sound like an ***, but it's all true. The only one remotely prepared in comparison to anyone else in Alberta is Dan.

In comparison to the rest of the world, we're all just absolutely pathetic.
lol whoawhoawhoa.

First of all, don't even try to use me as an example in this, because first of all I don't like or play brawl. I played diddy for the first time with Vania and Luke, and a second time at sou kawaii 2. Those were the only times ever. Aside from those instances, I played brawl only 1 other time offline, and that was at beebleoshi. (I played Jarrett William like twice when I was in Banff too i guess...) So please, don't consider me a brawler. I just played at sou kawaii 2 to beat people who actually played. (Sorry Fraser. =P) As for ADAT2, I have obligations with Vania. :3

Secondly, the only people who care about brawl are the handful in Edmonton and Alex, but even Alex realizes how brawl isn't a very good game competitively. You can say how much we suck at brawl, but for most of us, it's pretty much the same as telling us we suck at Warioware. But i'm starting a brawl vs melee debate so. lalalala.

Thirdly and most importantly, for those who actually do take brawl seriously, sucking in comparison to the rest of the world doesn't mean you should resort to maining S tiers. As well, in respects to who can compete, we're no better in Melee. Like, who in Alberta can compete in melee at Genesis? Carl? Mike and Dan could probably compete as well maybe. Point is, in comparison to all the other communities in the world, we honestly don't have a very active scene, which is why we suck. Like, Melee had what? CASTx4, CTx4, ADATx2, U3x2, Victra/Beeble/Breadoshi, Calgary bi-weeklies and AME. That was it pretty much it ever since 04. I'm probably missing a few, but you get what I mean. It's even worse in Brawls case. If you look at different parts of Canada, they have tournaments every week. When I was down in Seattle back in 07 for the summer, they had a tournament every week, sometimes even 2. How many tourneys have we had this summer? Soukawaii2? Breadoshi? Adat2? Yeah, we'll be getting good real fast.

Not that I'm complaining, but Brandon, if you want to get better, host more. Get other people to host more. In order for the brawl community to get better, you guys just have to be more active. Just because theres a tournament happening in the same month, doesn't mean you shouldn't host. (VANIA! >:[)

This goes to both communities, people need to stop worrying about national-sized tourneys and just worry about localized tournaments for once. I'm tempted to host CAST5 this summer actually. Melee only of course, probs in August before I move.

tl;dr qq more brandon.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
No. That's not enough. The only way for that is for everyone to stop sucking at Brawl. And to play more top tier characters.

Why the **** does no one play Diddy Kong here. Vic, you don't count. Your Diddy sucks. Luke, your Falco sucks too. Hate to sound like an ***, but it's all true. The only one remotely prepared in comparison to anyone else in Alberta is Dan.

In comparison to the rest of the world, we're all just absolutely pathetic.
Cry more, nobody here gives a **** about Brawl. It's not pathetic if we don't PLAY it. That's like saying you suck at some random FPS game that you don't play, or some random RTS game, or some random other fighting game. Do you give a ****? I hope not, cause you don't play it.

Get it? So stop bashing. Host more if you care, or try and actually MAKE tourneys, since you never do that.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I kinda agree with Vic. I mean how can we be expected to do well against people who host something pretty much every week, when we are scared of having two things in the same month.

Simply put, we need to play more.

P.S. I have said before, I would host if I lived in a place that could have more than 3 people in it (Including me).

P.P.S I do think we need more Metaknights, so I could learn the match up.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol for once, I agree with you Tyler.
I was being a little harsh there, but I'm glad the point came across even if I have to be an *** about it. That post really pissed me off Brandon, I'm guessing you got destroyed at Genesis and you took it out on us? You have only been to ONE real tournament in over a year, and we have hosted plenty of smashfests and tourneys in the past year so I don't want to hear ANY johns. Alberta might not have a good Brawl community, nor do we have tourneys every week, but you can't even use that as a john when you've only been to one tourney in the past year.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I read a few words from every post I think.

Lol Levi, Connor actually beasts with Link, it's silly.

Yeah Victor, blah blah blah blah blah Agree.jpg

Essentially the problem is that nobody is really active enough, or in a lot of cases, have enough cash, I mean, I could surely host a cash tournament in calgary right now, and get some interest, but I don't even have the cash to enter myself, which is one problem

Which leads me to why things like Cast5, Adat3, etc. Start to slow down in interest, and generally dont come (perfect example: CT5) They just can't be funded as well, and since theres not enough interest with just general hangouts, it slowly dies, which is what calgaries been doing, we still hang, but it's not about smash, and thusly, we rarely see people like Richard.

Basically, it's the peoples fault, we're all greedy and need some sort of incentive to care about things, and therefore it ends up boiling down to nothing happening.

Thats very shortened and rambled, so don't bother argueing it cause I'm missing a lot of info.

edit: while I agree with you Tyler, I think he was just saying that everywhere else > Alberta, and it's no surprise to him (or me)

doble edit: I'm better than you at Blazblue Tyler

Alphicans

Smash Hero
We don't even need to get better. Honestly if all we do is play the people here in AB and occasionally play a couple of random OoP players, then there is no reason to get better. We don't need to impress anyone, and the amount of tournaments we have is good enough.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol at brandon telling other people to stop sucking at brawl.

maybe start with yourself instead of your concern with the community?

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Luke, some people in competitive communities like to be Competitive.

You may not care to get better, some people enjoy it, Speak for yourself, condescending ******* =]

Maybe we only play eachother because of people like you

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad you missed the point.

Stop misunderstanding my posts K? LOL! I'll milk that for all it's worth. That was the funniest thing you've ever said :).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Who cares, we have all the time in the world to get better anyways

Basically my point.

Brad, competitive is just a conception not a concept, so I mean we can still be competitive in AB without trying to be as good as the rest of the world. Although it would be nice, I just don't see it happening :\.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Mark and Luke. I like it.

Btw guys, we're missing the point. Carl is going to **** so hard tomorrow. He must be feeling pretty good right now. Dan too, but he's probably more concerned with brawl.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wasn't saying I was good or anything, Tyson. Exact opposite. This tourney...just...iunno, it just broke me.

I didn't mean to take it out on you guys, but... ... ****. I don't even know what the hell to say anymore. I said some things that were uncalled for and went into ******* mode. You can only apologize so many times so...

Unwarranted of me to say, and I deserve the backlash. But whatever.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u can't expect to be "good" at brawl.

u're an average player in a "small" city (edmonton is pretty small comparative to other cities). and u're going to an insanely huge USA tourney with people like m2k and etc.

do u actually expect to do good?

i would be even suprised if carl made top 10 in melee singles, let alone u even being able to do satisfactory in brawl.

ur hopes are way too high too fast.

just think about u playing a sport like tennis with ur friends. do u really expect to do moderately well against pros simply because u do moderately well against ur friends?

edit: and ill even say, alberta sucks not only at brawl, but at melee too. comparative to the US.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
u can't expect to be "good" at brawl.

u're an average player in a "small" city (edmonton is pretty small comparative to other cities). and u're going to an insanely huge USA tourney with people like m2k and etc.

do u actually expect to do good?

i would be even suprised if carl made top 10 in melee singles, let alone u even being able to do satisfactory in brawl.

ur hopes are way too high too fast.

just think about u playing a sport like tennis with ur friends. do u really expect to do moderately well against pros simply because u do moderately well against ur friends?

edit: and ill even say, alberta sucks not only at brawl, but at melee too. comparative to the US.
Yeah. There was no way I was going to go to Genesis with my little experience ^_^

I thought Victor was losing his mind or something. Quintuple posting and not using royal blue as a colour for his font D: (since I usually just look at the picture as opposed to the name).

Ughh.. I'm so bored. I want to take up BlazBlue (since it has online and stuff) but **** it's actually hard to find. When's the regular edition supposed to come out?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol wow Chudat posted to comfort you Brandon! Now you HAVE to feel better! Honestly, if that was me, I'd creaming myself.

Top Bottom