• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I would be.

Operative word: would

Edit: What's better for a tourney, day 1 being brawl and day 2 being melee or day 1 being melee and day 2 being brawl?
1 day brawl singles, 1 day brawl doubles and melee doubles, 1 day melee

Since doubles don't take as long, I think that's the best choice.
Plus, if there aren't that many teams it can be just friendlies for both games.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
That's what I was thinking, Tyson.

So day 1 will probably (probably as in not yet confirmed, but most likely) be brawl doubles, brawl singles, brawl low tier, and day 2 will probably be melee doubles, melee singles, low tier, and if we have extra time, falcon only.

This is for ADAT2, by the way.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I wanted to watch best of three between M2K and Ally one time (I was really bored) and the youtube video was 21 minutes long.
Since when? I can't find any matches of Ally vs M2K. It's just rickroll's, lol. I'm not sure they've recorded any yet???

*The one I watched was some D-bag*

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
**** you guys, you have no idea how to do things. Melee first. For two very strong reasons.

1. Melee requires more skill, and after playing brawl, you have a ahrd time transitioning back to melee without sucking (AKA ALL THE MELEE MATCHES WILL BE TERRIBLE)

2. Out of towners have a lot more time saturday than sunday (you know, work, school, all that on monday?) and therefore melee (the thing they care more about) should be on saturday, so they have time for it. and Brawl can be sunday, that way they can leave if they have to.

And trust me, if you want any out of towners, you'll have to respect they need to leave before it's dark preferably.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
1. There's a whole day of difference between Brawl and Melee, that's more than enough time to adjust...

2. First of all, this would be in the summer so most people won't have school and they can just book off work on those days. And secondly, how do you know out-of-towners will be coming for Melee strictly?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
**** you guys, you have no idea how to do things. Melee first. For two very strong reasons.

1. Melee requires more skill, and after playing brawl, you have a ahrd time transitioning back to melee without sucking (AKA ALL THE MELEE MATCHES WILL BE TERRIBLE)

2. Out of towners have a lot more time saturday than sunday (you know, work, school, all that on monday?) and therefore melee (the thing they care more about) should be on saturday, so they have time for it. and Brawl can be sunday, that way they can leave if they have to.

And trust me, if you want any out of towners, you'll have to respect they need to leave before it's dark preferably.

omg you guys

1. MELEEEEEMEMELLEMELEMELELEELELEEE

2. meleleleleeeleeleleeee

Although I completely agree with your stance, It's their tournament man.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
May be the most bull**** I've ever seen in one post. Whichever one comes first doesn't matter in the least tbh. If out of towners are going to travel for a tournament, they'd most likely be committed for at least two days. I'll assume your first point was an attempt to troll brawl.

And yeah, ever heard of out of towners you play brawl?

Also who the hell is this guy? Brad with two accounts now? Jesus christ.

Tyson651

Smash Lord

1. um, its called friendlies?

2. melee is faster than brawl to finish, so if brawl is put on sunday.. THEN SUNDAY WILL BE LONGER.

honestly, the only thing u know is how to troll brawl. but u have no idea urself.

"brawl can be sunday, that way they can leave if they have to." um, u do know that many people enjoy brawl and not melee? i hate brawl, but at least have some respect for it and the people that play it. jesus have some common sense.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tyson I really wouldn't get into things like that with Brad, because sadly I am pretty sure he knows all of those things. He's just some guy who thinks he's special because he knows a mod but got banned so now he's going out of his way to make a point by spamming and trolling all over the place.

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
I dunno about you guys, but I could never play melee properly after playing brawl. My timing gets ****ed up. All the buffering bull****.

this is not brawl bashing, this is posting why I would agree with Brad saying the melee should be played before brawl. I am not discussing this further with anyone. If you want to argue with me, go look at my post in brad's brawl pr thread, it contains pretty much everything you can argue about on the topic.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
would playing melee before brawl screw up people's brawl gameplays?

not arguing, just question :)

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
i dont

i need major halp with beartracks so i was planning on going in person to register.
lolololololol

They updated it to make it more user friendly too... You should've seen it last year.

Term 1
CHEM 103 (3-1s-3/2)
ENGG 100 (1-0-0)
ENGG 130 (3-0-2)
MATH 100 (3-0-2)
PHYS 130 (3-0-3/2)
Complementary Studies Elective (3-0-0)

Term 2
CHEM 105 (3-0-3/2)
ENCMP 100 (3-0-1.5)
ENGG 101 (1-0-0)
EN PH 131 (3-1s-3/2)
MATH 101 (3-0-1)
MATH 102 (3-0-1)

That's what you're supposed to take first year.

The Complementary Studies Elective is where you get to pick a 100 level course from any of these:
Anthropologie, Anthropology, Art and Design (ART H only), Christian Theology, Classics, Comparative Literature, Economics, Etudes de la religion, Family Studies, Linguistics, Philosophie, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychologie, Psychology, Religious Studies, Science Politique, Slavic and East European Studies, Sociologie, and Sociology

I think you go "Guest Sign In" at Beartracks, then on the left side you go to Enroll -> Add
Then you pick your term and register it by searching up each individual class (but sign up for your complementary elective last, so you have room for it)

Then you're pretty much GOOD TO GO. YEAH.

Your sig made me laugh btw, Vic.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Man, don't even talk Matt. It still took me forever to get it. Mainly with the time set ups and stuff. Wtf do you do for Math labs?

I donno what elective to take, any suggestions? I was thinking economics. I have the rest of Term 1 set up. Haven't touched term 2 yet.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Man, don't even talk Matt. It still took me forever to get it. Mainly with the time set ups and stuff. Wtf do you do for Math labs?

I donno what elective to take, any suggestions? I was thinking economics. I have the rest of Term 1 set up. Haven't touched term 2 yet.
I took psychology, but economics is REALLY easy (most of my friends took it).

Math 100 labs I don't remember, but all math labs are pretty much just like:
- you get a lab manual
- If it's a lab where you use MATLAB, you use the program to do different things and you hand in your results
- If it's a work lab, you work on problems to help you understand the material better and hand it in (there may be some quizzes too).
- Pray for a TA that has good english
- My TA was super lax and pretty much gave us all the answers for the quizzes, it was noice.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Awesome. I don't really like the other elective choices much. Psychology is tempting as well. How is it so far?

Math 100 lab sounds like sex.

Top Bottom