• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I dunno man, you can win more money than anyone else in a teams tourney, and yet no amount will ever amount to the feeling of having to split a $5.00 pot.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Arghhhhhh battle tower!

Modest Latios @ Soul Dew with +6 evasion uses Psychic. No OHKO against...

Scrubby ho's Dewgong. No accuracy booster. Uses Horn Drill. Hits. OHKO

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Battle tower and their perfect IVs...

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I hate Bellyzard.

Okay, time to revamp my bug-themed team. I watch http://japanesebugfights.com/ a lot, so I was pretty much balls-deep into trying to make a viable bug-type team. Initially, it was:

Drapion
Crawdaunt
Beedrill
Ariados
Heracross
Scizor

But then I found out about pokemon with better stats. It changed to:

Ninjask
Heracross
Drapion
Gliscor
Scizor
Crawdaunt

And because this was all in theory, I looked saw "Huh, one phys wall, 3 phys sweepers, 1 Baton Passer, and Drapion tank. I need Special things."

Tried making Drapion a utility special defender, took out Crawdaunt for Yanmega special sweeper.

Team gets wrecked by Bellyzard. Bellyzard OHKOs Gliscor.

Anyone good with proper team building that doesn't get wrecked? I like Ninjask, but I don't see a practical use for him. Drapion, Crawdaunt, and Gliscor should all be able to make the team because of their diverse types.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
my team is

froslas
torterror
gliscor
electravire
rhyperior
drapion

omgz its best team. no1 can beat mehhhhh

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Arghhhhhh battle tower!

Modest Latios @ Soul Dew with +6 evasion uses Psychic. No OHKO against...

Scrubby ho's Dewgong. No accuracy booster. Uses Horn Drill. Hits. OHKO

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Battle tower and their perfect IVs...
Isn't Soul Dew disabled in Battle Tower?

Edit: Ack, sorry, double post. I got ADD when I quoted Sid.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya i wasnt being serious. i dont even kno those pokemon.

though if i still had pokemon blue, id whip out my 999 stats mewtwo lolol

FalseFalco

Smash Master
my old team was

Typhlosion
Umbreon
Sneasel
Tyranitar
Houndoom
Dragoniite

So badass

and I could never beat my friends Feraligatr, so i taught my Typhlosion charm LOL

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Team gets wrecked by Bellyzard. Bellyzard OHKOs Gliscor.

Anyone good with proper team building that doesn't get wrecked? I like Ninjask, but I don't see a practical use for him. Drapion, Crawdaunt, and Gliscor should all be able to make the team because of their diverse types.
I have yet to run into a good Bellyzard. You could sneeze on the thing and it's dead. I honestly don't think any variant of Charizard is viable in the current metagame.

As for your bug team, there is some possible chemistry there. Ninjask can baton pass a swords dance or perhaps even two to Scizor, and then you can just obliterate everything with Bullet Punch. With such a heavy physical team, the pass can go to pretty much anyone. Ideally you'd want to switch in with a resistant typing to whatever's coming at you as well as something with good type coverage. Scizor should be able to do just that. I'm sure you know how BP works so I should stop talking as if you have no clue.

Ninjask doesn't have to be purely BP. You could have a U-turn variant, offensive variant, toxic... I'd recommend a toxic variant. This way, you can call out any subs that may be put up against your BP recipient. Not useful against steels, but it's not like Ninjask can do anything about steel types anyway:

Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Protect
Toxic

As you mentioned, Yanmega would be good for special sweeping. Personally I'm a fan of Tinted Lens, but I've mostly seen many successful Speed Boost variants. People also like to use Venomoth as it's pretty much the only other effective special STAB bug user (definitely with Tinted Lens).

Choice Band Crawdaunt can get some sick attack power. Crawdaunt also has great STAB types (Water, Dark) and great coverage. If you don't like choice items, you could be risky and put in Swords Dance. You just have to be very careful with who you send Crawdaunt out against... it won't live through much. I think it would be very effective mid-game when you have some knowledge of your opponents team. Then you can make some good predictions and get ahead.

I've never used a Heracross before... I know it should be good. My teams generally wreck Heracross, but that's only because my teams are designed in part to counter specific favourites (Scizor, Heatran) which means Heracross gets the boot by association. tl;dr of that, I have no advice for Heracross.

I think Drapion would function well for this team. Perhaps replace Crawdaunt with Drapion. You're trading one common offensive type weakness (Fighting) for another (Ground), but unlike Crawdaunt, Drapion can actually take a hit! That's something most of your team can't do. And any ground hit coming your way will likely be physical. Perhaps you could be gimmicky and give it a scope lens with Sniper. I dunno if it's the best thing to do, but I like gimmicks.

Gliscor... I've never used or seen anything other than Roost/EQ/Stone Edge/whatever.

So looking at this team of:

Ninjask (lead)
Yanmega
Scizor
Drapion
Gliscor
Heracross

Pros:
- Ninjask. Kind of the best BPer ever made
- Various good BP recipients
- Lots of physical power
- Highly defensive

Cons:
- One special attacker
- Limited status inducing
- No resistance to Stealth Rock, two 4x weaknesses to rock in general.
- HUGE fire weakness
- HUGE fire weakness
- HUGE fire weakness
- Type coverage is iffy across the board

Typhlosion
Umbreon
Sneasel
Tyranitar
Houndoom
Dragoniite
Nice! Gold/Silver all the way. My timer battery thing ****ed up on my silver cartridge so I can't keep a save file anymore :(

Re:Kithkin

Smash Cadet
I'll comment on pokemon on msn or something, I'm not in the modd to type up a huge post, a conversation is nicer on something actually worth talking about, as opposed to what we usually say around here.

Zhu's making Happy Feet 4 lol.

Also, I found a Phys 30 key book if you want, Carl.

Dibs posting wombo combo as video response.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
hey blitz my team is

alakazam
typhlosion
charizard
mewtwo
that fire monkey guy
and some other fire guy

ill beat u

FastFox

BRoomer
Heracross gets STAB from both fighting and bug, and can easily OHKO if he's choice banded. Either Megahorn or seismic toss, I believe. Obviously weak against fire, but I think his Sp.def is enough to take a super effective hit. Heracross used to be one of my favs, but that was back in the good ol' netbattling days, rather than Shoddy or DS Online. Anyway, chances are, if your opponent has sent out a Heracross, it's banded, so switch to a wall to scout which move it's going to use. If it goes for megahorn, switch in something with type coverage as well as a neutral resistance to megahorn (remember it's banded). Chances are, Heracross will be switched out with something else. That's where your type coverage comes in.

I like to scout teams fairly often. I think it's important to have a good idea what kind of team you're going up against, and you can tell right off the bat that it's either a BP, raindancer, hailteam, tanktanktanktanktanktank, etc.

ps, brick break/stone edge > charizard.

bellyzards are ****ing weak ****, dawg. it's pretty much like a smeargle minus spore in terms of solidity.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Heracross gets STAB from both fighting and bug, and can easily OHKO if he's choice banded. Either Megahorn or seismic toss, I believe. Obviously weak against fire, but I think his Sp.def is enough to take a super effective hit. Heracross used to be one of my favs, but that was back in the good ol' netbattling days, rather than Shoddy or DS Online. Anyway, chances are, if your opponent has sent out a Heracross, it's banded, so switch to a wall to scout which move it's going to use. If it goes for megahorn, switch in something with type coverage as well as a neutral resistance to megahorn (remember it's banded). Chances are, Heracross will be switched out with something else. That's where your type coverage comes in.

I like to scout teams fairly often. I think it's important to have a good idea what kind of team you're going up against, and you can tell right off the bat that it's either a BP, raindancer, hailteam, tanktanktanktanktanktank, etc.

ps, brick break/stone edge > charizard.

bellyzards are ****ing weak ****, dawg. it's pretty much like a smeargle minus spore in terms of solidity.
Heracross' Main fear is a fast Aerial Ace. And I dunno what he had in Netbattle, but in DP it's Close combat, which is insane.

Seismic toss does The same amount of damage as your level, so max 100.

I'm trying to make my team a bulky sweeper team. Scizor has great resists, Gyarados is a bulky sweeper, Heatran. I might use a CMcune or something. I dunno. I'm terrible at pokemon outside of MAYBE theorymon.

FastFox

BRoomer
I meant close combat.

It's Bliss that uses Seismic.

If you're going for a bulky sweeper, just curselax **** up. He's too good, especially after being BP'd sp.Def boosts.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i feel very confident against falcon with jiggs. or at least, more confident than marth or fox.

Smash Cadet
We should play through a pokemon with the forum (you know, where i upload a save state and people take turns playing it until we win. I've done it before it's great, but it's difficult with pokemon because people switch the team every time, and it takes 30 years to go through the box to find out which pokemon named **** is your god**** Squirtle.)

Also Platinum is a waste of money =]

Lol Alex, I'm bad at theorymon but good at pokemon ._.

I mostly just make stupid teams but build them to be perfect, lose anyways, and give up on EV'ing them ever again.

Basically I have like 30 well built ****ty teams, like Team Pichu. (feat. Minun)

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Dammit, I am still trying to get a female timid Eevee (for IV breeding)! Why does it chose to take weeks now, when the first time I was IV breeding it took a day to get everything done!

Smash Cadet
I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard.
It's Alex's Final Smash in Melee, it's been around forever.

holy ****
brad ***** fluxwolf LOL
Lol thanks? >_> My spacing was really off with Ganon IMO. You can tell when I read his tech on the grab EVERY time, but always missed the aerial ._.

P.S: I've gotten better IMO and I'm finally into playing smash seriously

Smash Cadet
Dammit, I am still trying to get a female timid Eevee (for IV breeding)! Why does it chose to take weeks now, when the first time I was IV breeding it took a day to get everything done!
I have like 30 of those, want them?

I also have at least 10 of every gender every nature and even Eevees thats are IV bred, if you want them.

Edit: This just in, if it's a new page, it doesnt count as a double post. (small post count per page users only )

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I have like 30 of those, want them?

I also have at least 10 of every gender every nature and even Eevees thats are IV bred, if you want them.

Edit: This just in, if it's a new page, it doesnt count as a double post. (small post count per page users only )
If I could have one I would be eternally grateful (Atleast untill I forget in about a week, **** YOU SHORT TERM MEMORY), all I would need would be a timid female (nothing else needed). Just PM me with the needed trade info.

Top Bottom