• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yo joel, try and get me to have green. i applied for it but they didnt respond or anything.

edit: iiiiirick, are u melee or brawl?

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Victor's name is blue because he's a tournament director. My name is green because I am a Back Roomer. I can also change it to purple because I'm a smash back roomer, as well as pink for debater.

Red names are for mods.
ok thank you, and a couple more questions

if anyone can tell me it would be great or if you cant please supply a link because i have been searching for like 2 hours now and i still haven't found it yet...

1.) what are marth's best kill moves?

2.) what is a good way to rack up damage with Marth

3.) how do i fight MK... (i ask this cause i got ***** by Luke at CT4 when he was using MK) >.>

iiiiirick, are u melee or brawl?

im both i guess, i love playing melee WAAAAAAY more than brawl but im better at brawl XD

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman

if anyone can tell me it would be great or if you cant please supply a link because i have been searching for like 2 hours now and i still haven't found it yet...

3.) how do i fight MK... (i ask this cause i got ***** by Luke at CT4 when he was using MK) >.>
1. Dair, Fair, Fsmash.

2. Combos. Usually, gettingt them in the air or using Blade dance sparingly.

3. With a stick. In his sleep.

kithkin

Smash Champion
All of those can be answered by playing melee.

Brad came back >.>
I'll let Kithkin answer that one
I told you ITS KITHKINS Notice the s. I can't remember the password to my old account ok?

God****it.

(P.S: Rick, it's just Kithkin, But Young Luke over there is a ******)

I do!

but I just don't play pikachu so I don't know what's good. I can help with your habits probably though
This reminds me, I was playing Levi Sho and Riley the other day in teams, I was pika, it ended with me vs Levi, he was fox, I had 83% or something, he had 20, and I was like "I got this, lol I'm Sid"

and then I uber combo'd him and won. No jokes. lolololololol

edit: You need to be more Sid-allicious

Tyson651

Smash Lord
mk? ok ur a brawl person then.

sh double fair combos, nair, dtilt is the best way to rack up damage.

marth's best kill moves is fsmash, upB, and bair/fair off the stage.

to fight mk, u just lose. but u just have to try and outspace him im guessing dtilt, ftilt, fsmash, and roll away when he does his upB on ground level. i dont think its good to challenge him in the air while he's gliding (as in trying to hit him). maybe counter is a good thing to throw in once in a while against mk.

just wait till the actual brawl players come in and prove me wrong, im a melee person :)

im just relaly bored.

edit: no one cares that u beat levi with pika.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i'm assuming there is a reason you called him YOUNG luke :p

EDIT: ok thanks everyone, i was getting it mostly right in the first place than, also just losing to MK is not what i do :(
i like to watch lots of brawl videos of pro marths playing MK, so i can pcik up a few things

KillL0ck

Smash Ace

iiiiirick, are u melee or brawl?

im both i guess, i love playing melee WAAAAAAY more than brawl but im better at brawl XD

If you're facing an MK, don't be afraid to use Counter, it's all fair game so use it when he becomes reckless. Space well with Fair's and play on the defensive, if he comes dashing at you use dancing blade, if he dodges a lot, use more dancing blade(Let those 4 frames come to use). Use Up B(Invincibility frames) to space him out if he get's too predictable and in your face.

Forward Smash, Up B(By the edge) and Fair would be your best killing moves, especially against lighter characters but I wouldn't use Forward smash all that much, it's not nearly as good as Melee's. Another alternative for a kill is to save your Dancing Blade and at around 125-130% go for the Upward dancing blade, you'll be able to snag a kill.

Ultimately though it's up to you to predict your opponent and capitalize on his mistakes. But when facing MK, don't be afraid to get a couple jab's in here and there, any damage helps.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wow brad I can't believe you remembered that. But it IS supposed to be Alphicans >.> . MK? I am sure Jack (KillL0ck) can answer this the best, so wait for his answer. He mains marth, but I can guess lots of upB out of shield, and LOTS of f-air.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Hey killL0ck, do you have XBOX live?
because your name sounds very familiar

wow i just noticed that Luke's picture is a Ghost from StarCraft O.o

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol well what can i be then? i just want my name a different colour :) can u get me a diff coloured name vic? :D

and woo, my answer basically = jack's

so my answer is along with the best even though i dont play brawl, harhar

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Hey killL0ck, do you have XBOX live?
because your name sounds very familiar

wow i just noticed that Luke's picture is a Ghost from StarCraft O.o
Lol, nope. My Xbox live name is Insignia6.

lol well what can i be then? i just want my name a different colour :) can u get me a diff coloured name vic? :D

and woo, my answer basically = jack's

so my answer is along with the best even though i dont play brawl, harhar
Leethax haha

Tyson651

Smash Lord
dont let ur fellow brawl player down.

and it seems like theres way more brawl than melee people here. matt's like the ONLY new guy who joined melee instead of brawl.

edit: whats leethax? lethal? lee thanks? :S lol

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
talking about brawl and melee makes me want to play it
WHY DID MY WII HAVE TO BREAK??!?!?!?!?!?!?! *goes in a corner and cries*

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
dont let ur fellow brawl player down.

and it seems like theres way more brawl than melee people here. matt's like the ONLY new guy who joined melee instead of brawl.

edit: whats leethax? lethal? lee thanks? :S lol
hey man I'm like 70/30 Brawl/Melee, that should be good enough lol I'm not all brawl yo maybe I'll pull a Dan and play 64 too, I'll get him to bring it over some time haha then I can be a triple threat lol

Leet is like Elite in internatz speak =P

Tyson651

Smash Lord
come join the melee side

edit: OHH LEET-HAX ive been looking at it as leeth-ax lolol. now i kno wha tu mean.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer

lol you want to be a BRoomer? Why? :|

Joel, I don't think your a SBRoomer anymore.
I am.

I go back there quite frequently, actually. I just like green because I like the BRoom better.

And chances of anyone new getting in aside from the nominees are slim.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
So I played some Starcraft with my buddy Shawn(Who's in Hawaii right now) yesterday, it was totally fun and I've been enjoying using Zerg. Anyway, Tyson, Matt, Luke, know any good builds for Early/Mid and Late game? I want to practice some but I can't seem to find a website with any info on builds in particular, if you have any link me! And if not give me some knowledge on good builds/strategies for Zerg lol

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
So I played some Starcraft with my buddy Shawn(Who's in Hawaii right now) yesterday, it was totally fun and I've been enjoying using Zerg. Anyway, Tyson, Matt, Luke, know any good builds for Early/Mid and Late game? I want to practice some but I can't seem to find a website with any info on builds in particular, if you have any link me! And if not give me some knowledge on good builds/strategies for Zerg lol
It depends what race you're up again, but if you want I could play a few rounds against you. Haven't played SC in awhile but it'd be pretty fun.

Just go watch some vids of Jaedong on youtube, he's an amazing zerg player.

Also,

Zerg Build Orders
http://sc2gg.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=846&st=0&p=5928&#entry5928

Zerg Strats n stuff
http://sc2gg.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2319&st=0

Honestly, unless your friend is crazy into starcraft (like Luke is), you should be able to just wing it and do decently. Against Terran, just go for like ling/lisk + defilers. As for toss... I don't really know. I hate protoss.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What match-up are we talking? I could just tell you the unit combination's for each.

Zerg vs Terran: Early game lurkers/lings, or mutas/sunkens into lurkers/lings. Mid game, lurkers/lings/defilers with darkswarm. Late game, lings/ultralisks/defilers with darkswarm+plague/scourges.

Zerg vs Protoss: Early game (so many options, so I will go with standards), 9 pool speedling rush, or 11 hatch into hydras. Mid game, Hydras (lol). Mid-late game, hydras/lurkers. Late game Ultras/lings/hydras.

Zerg vs Zerg: early game, go for a 9 pool and get an adequate amount of lings, possibly harass. Mid game: Mutas/scourges/lings. Mid-late game(should never happen really), mutas/scourges/devours/lings.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Why would the SBRMRoomers be purged? Without them SWF would be nothing.

Also, discuss starcraft outside the thread please.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh come on, there is plenty of ******** non-related stuff going on in here, but SC discussion is banned? Jack wasn't on msn, so I decided to say it here.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Yeah that's good my buddy play's all three races and we're both planning to get good at Starcraft lol, so any advice is good.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lawl, im getting so bored that im wondering if i should get burnout paradise for ps3.

if u guys play sc, i will too. but i dont 1v1s cause that shiz is boring. 3v3 and ums is what i like :) and i COULD go with 2v2s.

oh jeez joel, u complain too much. leave it alone. its an alberta thread, not an alberta talk about smash only thread.

uswest, Tyson651 gogo

do i have u on my msn jack? i dont think so?

ill pm it to u.

lol luke plays on iccup only?

and matt, u would play together too right?

Top Bottom