• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think he got brawled hardcore. The answer is never WoW, because WoW owns your soul, and replaces it with a machine that only takes away skillz. Brawl is bad, but WoW is worse.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
well today was the most frustrating/boring experience I've ever had in 3+ years of smash.

methinks I should stick to WoW.
You should play Melee and main Falcon. It's fun and exciting, and no matter what, something epic is bound to happen every match.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
The vast majority of my matches were against Colin and he NEVER plays anyone other than Ness. There's nothing wrong with Ness himself, but christ, it would have been nice to face someone else. Especially since Colin's Ness is pretty annoying and made me want to hurl my controller across the room after being gayed by PKT2 or rising fairs for the umpteenth time.

And, I've been playing WoW for nearly four years now :p

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm seriously considering picking MK as an anti-gay character only because I played him once against colin and got him to two stock high % despite literally not having played MK since I cleared the Subspace Emissary months ago.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
DMK: I played Game & Watch against you as well. I find it the most fun to use just one or two characters though. I don't really think there's anything wrong with that, but whatever. (Ness is by far the most fun character in the game for me by the way.) You only used four characters yourself. I would have given you some advice if you weren't deaf. You might want to use the turtle (back air) as your primary approach with Game & Watch rather than the block (forward air) is one thing that comes to mind.

Anyway... I feel a bit awkward that you're upset. I'm sure it would have been less frustrating if you could have communicated something more explicitly to me. I guess you can read lips and I should have said something.

It almost seems snide of me to say "good games" since evidently you are upset. I was just playing the game though.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Nah, at the 5th I was sent to my demise :(.
That's what a ken is. Teching multiple times and still dying. >_<

Congrats on the techs anyways... and almost beating Matt with m2... wtf. Shaaaaammmmeeee.

Anyways, I'm ditching smash til xmas-ish, so... yeah. I'll probably pop back up in December-ish to set up some smashfests when I'm back in town and see when the tournies are.

Peace.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
DMK: I played Game & Watch against you as well. I find it the most fun to use just one or two characters though. I don't really think there's anything wrong with that, but whatever. (Ness is by far the most fun character in the game for me by the way.) You only used four characters yourself. I would have given you some advice if you weren't deaf. You might want to use the turtle (back air) as your primary approach with Game & Watch rather than the block (forward air) is one thing that comes to mind.

Anyway... I feel a bit awkward that you're upset. I'm sure it would have been less frustrating if you could have communicated something more explicitly to me. I guess you can read lips and I should have said something.

It almost seems snide of me to say "good games" since evidently you are upset. I was just playing the game though.
Playing G&W against me once in a ditto doesn't really count >.>

But since we're nitpicking, I did go random three times on you. Just plain luck that 2/3 of the time I got one of the four characters I was using already...

I'm actually very aware of how gay G&W's turtle is. The problem is that I am *terrible* at short hopped approaching bairs. I promise you that at least half the fairs I used were botched attempts to use either bair or nair.

I'll take some of the blame for not being more communicative. I actually don't lipread very well, but I do always carry a notepad with me.

NOTE TO ALL WHO SMASH WITH ME: If you make a writing motion with your hands at me, I'm conditioned to instantly pull out my notebook and pen for you to use. This is how you communicate with me.

While your Ness is definintly NOT the kind of character I can play against for too long without having a meltdown, there were still some good moments. In particular, I'm apparantly really good at tech chasing G&W's dthrow. Also, the last two times I played Brawl was at ADAT and at Fragapalooza, so I was severely out of practice.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah, but we're not all as good as Dan, and other than you and Stu, nobody can really (or wants to) play Bowser...
Once news gets out that he's high tier that'll change too.

Tires influence who plays who so much...

And yeah, no jokes, he's moved up to high tier now cause of all the things he can do (lol I knew about them all, I just never did most of what makes him high tier, cause it's less fun than flying around)

MIKE I'LL MISS YOU!

ColinJF

Smash Ace
DMK said:
But since we're nitpicking, I did go random three times on you. Just plain luck that 2/3 of the time I got one of the four characters I was using already...
Actually I am doing some research now that suggests that random doesn't give all characters with uniform probability if you use a tag (and you were using a tag). It may be a function of the characters you've played on that tag, but we haven't got the details yet.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Actually I am doing some research now that suggests that random doesn't give all characters with uniform probability if you use a tag (and you were using a tag). It may be a function of the characters you've played on that tag, but we haven't got the details yet.
Are you sure it may not just be a mental thing? When you random a character that you already use, you 'notice' it much more, and are more likely to recall that in the future than all the times you DIDN'T get one of your toons. In the long run, those memories can lead you to think your odds were more skewered than they actually are.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Nice logic DMK. I was thinking similar thoughts. Also, it would be impossible to tell if this is true... No amount of testing could prove this. Due to it being random, even if it picked Toon link 5 times in a row, and then bowser the 6th time, it doesn't mean it's picking toon link because I play him a lot, it's because I got lucky. I can see this theory getting shot down in flames.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
That's what a ken is. Teching multiple times and still dying. >_<

Congrats on the techs anyways... and almost beating Matt with m2... wtf. Shaaaaammmmeeee.

Anyways, I'm ditching smash til xmas-ish, so... yeah. I'll probably pop back up in December-ish to set up some smashfests when I'm back in town and see when the tournies are.

Peace.

Lol it was really weird playing against a M2. I think every time I play a different character opponent I've lost (except M2, which was a fluke win, really).

I lost against your Jiggs the first time. I lost against someone's Peach the first time (Can't remember who lol). Lost against Sid's Pikachu AND Ness the first time. Lost against Dan's CF and Marth (and Fox and Falco as well?) the first time, too.

:(

Top Bottom