• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I don't see why snow is a big deal. Just drive slow and safe and you have nothing to worry about.

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
snow wouldnt be a big deal if everyone was taking your advice on the road, but the fact is there will be other drivers trying to make the trip in "record time" and this does cause a considerable danger. this danger can be lessened by defensive driving and extra caution.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Pretty much defensive driving. I've drove between Edmonton and Calgary at least 20 times in the winter, and I've never had any trouble. Yes, its other people who attribute to accidents, but if you're not moving out of the way of crazy fast drivers, you're putting yourself in that situation.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think it's pretty rare to have an accident that was just ONE person's fault. Paying attention, and not attempting to pass cars constantly will probably prevent an accident. And I looked, and I think the highways are gonna be in decent conditions.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Ya, pretty much. If it was bad, they would close the highway. If you're still scared, then just make sure you have a car lighter than yours a lot ahead of you, if he starts slipping out then ya lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
connor drove into a ditch on whitemud today, so he and i are calling our trip off. Sorry everyone!

If you're still driving to calgary, drive safely! Otherwise i'm down for some smash this weekend here in etown.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Calling off cause safety reasons or calling off cause Connor can't drive anymore? I'm sure there's room in other cars.

Otherwise its what Ron said. Biggest anticlimactic tourney

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol **** I am not sure. My mom hasn't said no, but she doesn't want me to + it's her car I am using. If I went would you want to come Victor?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Man, I feel bad for brad.

He set this all up and put down like some hard cash only for nature to screw him over.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
And if you're asking for a reschedule, you might as well look at spring time cause here on out, it's gonna be normal winter weather.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
He has a spot open now probably since Jamie isn't going.

Jack says he wants to go btw Victor.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
And if you're asking for a reschedule, you might as well look at spring time cause here on out, it's gonna be normal winter weather.

Blizzards do not happen all winter. Every day it's not snowing. I am not worried about the roads, it's the fact that it'll be snowing fairly hard the entire time. This blizzard has doubled the expected snow fall for November, so I'd say it's a pretty special circumstance.

EDIT: I can't take both Jack and Victor, and I offered to Victor already. Although I am pretty sure my mom is giving me a no anyways.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Also the snow on Saturday is 30%, and the snow is calming down if you look at the weather

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Given that everyone else is bailing, and my mom really doesn't want me to go, I am gonna have to bail as well. Sorry that this had to go the way it did Brad, but we were all pretty hyped to go :/.

EDIT: With that said. Edmonton people, do you wanna have a smashfest at the university tomorrow? We all made room for smash anyways, might as well do it.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm down for that.

Lol now I'm sad that I won't get to play melee until like spring probably.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i was really hyped about this....man :(

yeah smashfest on campus tomorrow seems good. We're gonna need tvs or something then, otherwise ron can you book a room in medsci?

we can play melee too ron, i dont mind.

Top Bottom