• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Hahah ok just making sure. Edmonton was like our special guest and they usual make up a big part of the tournament entrees so yaahhhh coooooool

:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice
@ Calgary Regardless of who shows Sat we should go there to suport Brad and FGC so they run an event like this again soon. Don't dip out!

Stevo

Smash Champion
@ Calgary Regardless of who shows Sat we should go there to suport Brad and FGC so they run an event like this again soon. Don't dip out!
yeah, this is very important. Don't ***** out like Edmonton! (and maybe me)

I might not come either now.... not because it wouldn't be worth it to come to play Calgary, but I would rather come to a tournament with Edmonton showing up as well. Just being honest.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Video games aren't important enough to risk sliding into a ditch or getting into an accident. That's just me. People can say "Oh my god it's not that bad guys." But...dudes...

It's just Smash Bros.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Woah guys, WOAH. Just hold on to your panties and let me speak for myself.

Lol wow. Biggest tourney flop ever.

*cough* NitroBlazer *cough*

more importantly, it hasn't flopped bro.

Man, I feel bad for brad.

He set this all up and put down like some hard cash only for nature to screw him over.
I appreciate that, but again it's not over. and props to FGCC, can't say this is all me.

Any chance for a reschedule? lol...
Sadly, that is silly, believe it or not, edmonton was a "bonus" and not the main event.

That being said, I WILL host one again in the future, expect it. Might just host for another game first.

man, I was looking forward to another tournament with both Edmonton and Calgary attending
Me too. But alas, I wasn't looking forward to all of you dead. not everyone.

I am pretty torn right now, but I feel a lot less hype if the other edmonton cars aren't coming aswell.
This is the wrong way to think. Thats like a teenager saying "well if we ALL skip, class just won't happen"

Just because you all flip the cop car, doesn't mean to get any less fines. Come regardless of others opinions, make your own decisions.

Im just curious. If all of edmonton decides not to come, the tournament will still carry on?

Of course, edmonton is a bunch of scrubs anyways

Obviously. Maybe certain events will be cut out though. Melee Singles+ Doubles are a given.
All events will still be run, Project M is the only threatened event as I dunno who all not from edmonton was interested. But the show goes on!

This. Everything about this. Thank you Ben, you are exactly what I want in a "customer"

and hey... if you wanna show support... check out www.smashlogic.ca and like us on facebook, I'm serious about this guys, the more hype I can get, the more events I can run.

(honestly I want the forums active, thats my biggest want right now)

Looks like no one else is down to go. Again, sorry Brad and sorry calgary
It's alright, safety first, but you're still welcome, and we'll be in touch for a new event.

Once again check out smashlogic.ca for various events especially if you like games other than smash, I am already planning events for Halo 4 (gross) and Skullgirls(feat UMvC3 and KoF I think too)

Video games aren't important enough to risk sliding into a ditch or getting into an accident. That's just me. People can say "Oh my god it's not that bad guys." But...dudes...

It's just Smash Bros.
It's never JUST smash bros. We are a community. The ONLY reason anyone can get away with cancelling is safety. Bailing on smash is like bailing on your best friend.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So as it stands Luke does have winter tires and is willing to carpool it if a few of us are down

Connor is completely out now though, he has to pick up his car tomorrow because of his accident today

FGCC_Hussler

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, the Super Smash Bros tournament will have to be delayed due to the hazardous weather conditions in Calgary. We sincerely apologize for the late notice. We acknowledge the abundance of the Edmonton community that would have attended, and the players that looked forward to the tournament who are not able to make it on Saturday due to the weather. We wanted to present you with a true, full-fledged tournament with ALL the best Albertan players to represent an authentic and competitive tournament.
The tournament will be moved to the 24th of November. The F.G.C.C. will provide an additional $50 as a pot bonus to each of the singles tournaments. Again, we are deeply sorry for the late notice and hope that we will have a great turnout in two weeks!

Stevo

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, the Super Smash Bros tournament will have to be delayed due to the hazardous weather conditions in Calgary. We sincerely apologize for the late notice. We acknowledge the abundance of the Edmonton community that would have attended, and the players that looked forward to the tournament who are not able to make it on Saturday due to the weather. We wanted to present you with a true, full-fledged tournament with ALL the best Albertan players to represent an authentic and competitive tournament.
The tournament will be moved to the 24th of November. The F.G.C.C. will provide an additional $50 as a pot bonus to each of the singles tournaments. Again, we are deeply sorry for the late notice and hope that we will have a great turnout in two weeks!
I should be able to make it for the 24th.

thanks for letting us know.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
If I hear winter johns again, I'll drive to Edmonton from Calgary to slap every one of you kids in the face.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
So since a lot of us were planning tomorrow off anyways... who's interested in doing something? Allan says he might host something..

Also, MUTHERF*CKING KEN HOANG.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am only one person lol. I am sure everyone else can still go. With that said, next weekend would work better, but 2 weeks noticed is better I guess.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about the executive decision making. Truth be told, I wasn't involved with the decision at all, and frankly I am 100% opposed to it. HOWEVER, it is about safety, so given that they've already unbooked the area, **** happens.

I don't think moving it will end up changing anything, as we may gain some edmonton, but we'll lose some calgary. Ultimately, as a business, this is a silly mistake IMO, but as a part of the community, it's cold as **** out there.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Many of us will still be heading to the university Student Clubs area tomorrow for a smaller scale tournament. I encourage anyone who is able to to come, it'll be from 12-5. If anyone can bring a setup with, and a small TV, even flatscreen at this point (We'll use it for Brawl) it'd be good.

This was a really lame turn of events, but lets make the best of it and carry on with a positive attitude.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Many of us will still be heading to the university Student Clubs area tomorrow for a smaller scale tournament. I encourage anyone who is able to to come, it'll be from 12-5. If anyone can bring a setup with, and a small TV, even flatscreen at this point (We'll use it for Brawl) it'd be good.

This was a really lame turn of events, but lets make the best of it and carry on with a positive attitude.
yes yes i agree i agree ill def try make it tmr

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good, I'm bringing my stream setup. Hey Ben, or anyone else.. if you could bring a USB mic that be great (not mandatory...but it'd be nice)

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Yo I'd love to have and stream race war crews...except this time AZN is prob too stronk AKA you guys are not up to the task. Shots fired.
Also, someone someone should bring a laptop so we can also watch the Kings of Cali stream..

Top Bottom