• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl Power Rankings!**ON HIATUS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
a) Sitting from the side throwing Pikmin, camping forever until you'd approach him
or
b) C-sticking

P.S. If Colin's up B-spamming Ness is rank 9, then I should be rank 8. I've gotten a lot better since ADAT. >_>
You should try a character who has an advantage over Olimar... like Ness. Ness can break through any camp actually and he also has a pretty good camp game of his own.

Using A + direction to do a smash attack starts a dash and gives you a chance to trip. Unless you've changed your controls, you should be "C-sticking"... it's not merely a preference, it's strictly better (unless you want to start a dash with your smash attack, such as if you are playing Luigi or you are on ice). What have you got against the C stick?

Also, pk thunder rules.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
You just described Brawls metagame.

MK ditto Bo5. I played my first offline match ever against you and I brought you down to 1 stock. No wonder Brawl is so appealing to the newbies. It's fantastic.
I wasn't trying, I thought you realized that when I was spamming side tilt. ._.

You should try a character who has an advantage over Olimar... like Ness. Ness can break through any camp actually and he also has a pretty good camp game of his own.

Using A + direction to do a smash attack starts a dash and gives you a chance to trip. Unless you've changed your controls, you should be "C-sticking"... it's not merely a preference, it's strictly better (unless you want to start a dash with your smash attack, such as if you are playing Luigi or you are on ice). What have you got against the C stick?

Also, pk thunder rules.
You missed the entire point. C-sticking noob = spamming smashes.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
P.S. If Colin's up B-spamming Ness is rank 9, then I should be rank 8. I've gotten a lot better since ADAT. >_>
Please only serious discussions.
None of those "But I can beat (insert name) I should be higher then him/her!" complaints.
Think someone is poorly ranked and deserves higher or vise versa? Explain why with a serious reason.
Brad combo!

Those sherwood park guys should probably end up here, thoughts?
Hey! Legit discussion topic in an AB thread? Nah, let's talk about c-sticking and how it's for teh nubz0rz!

kithkin

Smash Champion
I concur.

It's now official, no matches will be rated unless those arn't able to be used.

Also Tyler, I've noticed that most of your posts insult other people. Just pointing it out. But if you think you're better, prove it when you next get a chance, I did it at ADAT.

I wasn't trying, I thought you realized that when I was spamming side tilt. ._.
I thought you realized it when I was only using side b.

Guys, these matches yuo're making such a fuss about are FRIENDLY MATCHES don't make a fuss about them, if you want to challenge someone and make it big, make it for something, it doesn't need to be a money match, but you can officially challenge them to a set so that everyone know how it turns out, and maybe get it recorded.

Set things in motion if you want to make a big deal about it.

Which brings me to my final point, if the sherwood guys want on he PR more, they have to perform -_- This list isn't likely to change till another event.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Friendlies should matter. I've seen massive improvements from RL Prodigy, Victra and Luke, and I haven't been playing them in big tourney matches. Besides, not everyone makes tournies to put out the results that properly represent them. Steve on Melee PR for example; last tourney he played in was AME. Sherwood park came out and represented, and I think at the very least it warrants discussion of their possible placement, especially since the bottom 5 of the brawl PR are questionable. Also, I think that taking friendlies into account allows for a more fluid and up to date PR, not one that gets updated based on 3 tournies a year.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Guys, these matches yuo're making such a fuss about are FRIENDLY MATCHES don't make a fuss about them, if you want to challenge someone and make it big, make it for something, it doesn't need to be a money match, but you can officially challenge them to a set so that everyone know how it turns out, and maybe get it recorded.

Set things in motion if you want to make a big deal about it.

Which brings me to my final point, if the sherwood guys want on he PR more, they have to perform -_- This list isn't likely to change till another event.
i concur. the one they could really do would be melee though, since theres no brawl tourney in sight, and melee is going back up again. closest known tourney for us is melee, and in red deer.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Friendlies should matter. I've seen massive improvements from RL Prodigy, Victra and Luke, and I haven't been playing them in big tourney matches. Besides, not everyone makes tournies to put out the results that properly represent them. Steve on Melee PR for example; last tourney he played in was AME. Sherwood park came out and represented, and I think at the very least it warrants discussion of their possible placement, especially since the bottom 5 of the brawl PR are questionable. Also, I think that taking friendlies into account allows for a more fluid and up to date PR, not one that gets updated based on 3 tournies a year.
I think this is a pretty fair statement, but that would mean panelists would have to pay close attention to alot of matches, and I don't think that is going to happen. With tournies, it's concrete; A placed higher than B, A is better, that's the overall feel I get from PR's.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Mike, your point doesn't actually affect mine.

What I'm saying is they can't just say "I beat this guy at his house while we were friendlying"

I agree that under panelist jurasdiction, it's possible for people to change spots, but just playing friendlies a bunch shouldn't be where it changes, you should mentionj the matches are serious, or even record them, and have witness.

Otherwise it becomes calgary smash, dude all we do is **** around. Like, Levi and Alex and I were playing last night, and out of the Many many matches we played, I'm pretty sure the majority was won, by me, with roy.

P.S: It's roy, we **** around, and by no means am I better than them for it. (this was an example don't make a big deal of it)

so uh, yeah.

Also in response to Luke, that would be true if pools were ever done.

Carl placed terribly at ADAT, but he would've placed much better with a different bracket.

edit: whoop I kinda misread, yeah thats a problem with PR's, but I'm erally trying to get by that. BECAUSE NO HOSTS WILL DO POOLS. VICTOR!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Good Victor, Cast4 is looking more and more like it's gonna redeem you.

MEDABOTS, ROOOO-BATTLE!!!! (Battle Medabee etc etc etc, Mr referee, Medabee says exsqueeze me a lot)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Carl placed terribly at ADAT, but he would've placed much better with a different bracket.
no, i lost to people I didn't really expect to lose to. Luke played rob which tore me apart and mike played wario which was even.

had i played a snake or mk i probably would have lost harder

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
You guys are taking Brawl more seriously than it was meant to be taken.

And yes, friendlies do matter. 3 other people agree with me that they do. Just because they're friendlies, doesn't mean they're not trying (unless they're sandbagging, but nobody in AB sandbags, as far as I know).

FalseFalco

Smash Master
You guys are taking Brawl more seriously than it was meant to be taken.

And yes, friendlies do matter. 3 other people agree with me that they do. Just because they're friendlies, doesn't mean they're not trying (unless they're sandbagging, but nobody in AB sandbags, as far as I know).
It was probably before your time, but Randall's pro impact PR fell apart because of this very argument. There's a reason only tournament or serious matches are counted, and it's the same reason alot of these people are on this PR. I'm afraid you won't get an exception.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
It was probably before your time, but Randall's pro impact PR fell apart because of this very argument. There's a reason only tournament or serious matches are counted, and it's the same reason alot of these people are on this PR. I'm afraid you won't get an exception.
I'm not looking to be an exception, but I really do think friendlies should count. If not...I guess MMs should count, because people are definitely trying during a MM.

kithkin

Smash Champion
MM's can count, but not directly.

I'll just let you know, I don't care what you say, the only things I'm considering are pure results and panelists opinions.

An playing well in MM' and friendleis can change a panelists opinion at best, happy?

Just so you know Tyler, Calgary is ALWAYS sandbagging.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'd say so, especially if you still want to be involved.

I mean, if not when you come back you could easily regain your spot.

The only reason you'd be knocked off is if you miss a bunch of tournaments and a bunch of people lower than you get good.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'll miss you, Beeble. :( I mean I know I only met you like a little over a month ago, but everybody's right; it won't be the same smashing without you in our tourneys and smashfests.

/sad post

ppig

Smash Journeyman
brawl is way to boring and broken when a charcter can just go invisible whenever he wants thats a sighn that the game is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom