• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
not thaaaaat punishable [imo]..if anything the tripper can use it to their advantage by either recover rolling a greater distance in a certain direction or by performing a rising attack. In my experience..its kinda hard to hit somebody after they trip.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
tripping really isnt that punishable, if you're holding a direction to run you pretty much auto-getup.
I actually dodge an attack because I tripped...

DQP

Smash Ace
tripping? i hate tripping. i do it, like, all the time. i always die on wifi because people punish me for tripping.

speaking of wifi, has anybody registered me yet? i know lunaris has, but i don't know about anybody else...

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
capacity1, I take it you're 9oh7? Good games to you too, and sorry for the slight lag. I'm definitely getting a LAN adapter with my next paycheck. I had a really tough time against your Yoshi.

oh btw DQP, I've added you. I should be on your list as well.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
so making stages is pretty cool......love the music too.....
owell.....oh and the tripping , ive gotten used to it....

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
ok so i guess i am a little late but here it is..... 0130-1468-7045 im adding everyone in the first post too

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
lol thanks .... i really appreciate it.... but im busy playing good people .....
lol jk dude i will try to make the next smash fest..... its just kinda hard cuz im always out.... but i guess ill be on wi fi... even tho it sucks.. well we will see..
btw right now i dont know who my main is... i`m studying every character carefully to see who fits my fighting style.... so far
1 Lucas
2 3D
3 Diddy
4 Olimar.
soo we will see.... o and MK too but too many people use him.....

DQP

Smash Ace
yo yo wasup homies! it's DQP, speaking from orlando! sorry for the greeting, but hello everybody.
it's a tad warm up here...
they have billboards...
they have palm trees...
so in short it's very different up here. i'm still playing brawl though

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
hahahahahahaha

yah hah that's right melee is superior to brawl because tripping doesn't exist in melee. but whatever. and the ice climbers can wobbbbblee

yes!

could.....

you be starting a REbirth xanskarr? if you are that's great! ( i don't think you are)

i think ALMOST everyone could use a bit of rebirth in their lives.

it may seem dull and SO depressing, but BELIEVE me, in the end, it is WORTH it.

not that i would know or anything because i have QUITE a ways to go but yah.

remember, the butterfly analogy. it's what these rebirth things are like i think.

but, if you're NOT starting a REbirth thing, that's cool too i guess. whatever works

for whoever, but-

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
I'd say brawl is superior to melee. Brawl's just a more complete package. People were having the same problem accepting that Halo 3 > Halo 2 because there were no more advanced techniques in Halo 3 that existed in Halo 2. In my opinion, just because a sequel doesn't have the glitches that were present before, doesn't make it less superior. They weren't meant to exist, anyway.

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
I'd say brawl is superior to melee. Brawl's just a more complete package. People were having the same problem accepting that Halo 3 > Halo 2 because there were no more advanced techniques in Halo 3 that existed in Halo 2. In my opinion, just because a sequel doesn't have the glitches that were present before, doesn't make it less superior. They weren't meant to exist, anyway.
brawl is really slow

the 'glitches' like wavedash, l-cancelling, and supposedly dash-dancing (as it's now gone with brawl) made melee a much better game.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
l-cancelling was not a glitch, and there is no way to prove that wavedashing was a glitch either(the fact that it is not in brawl is far from proof) to my knowledge. even falco's short hop blaster, which was one of the ATs which most seemed to be a glitch, appears not to have been one(unless they just decided they liked it). either way, whether or not they were glitches is of such little importance to me that i don't even consider it worth discussing(even though i just did...).

that being said, brawl is simply a different game from melee. the most important manner in which it is different is combat complexity, which melee has many times over brawl(actions per minute due to speed, number of available unique option types, etc.). whether or not you think complexity determines game quality is another matter.

i do.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
l-cancelling was not a glitch, and there is no way to prove that wavedashing was a glitch either(the fact that it is not in brawl is far from proof) to my knowledge. even falco's short hop blaster, which was one of the ATs which most seemed to be a glitch, appears not to have been one(unless they just decided they liked it). either way, whether or not they were glitches is of such little importance to me that i don't even consider it worth discussing(even though i just did...).

that being said, brawl is simply a different game from melee. the most important manner in which it is different is combat complexity, which melee has many times over brawl(actions per minute due to speed, number of available unique option types, etc.). whether or not you think complexity determines game quality is another matter.

i do.
Hey Derek. Did you find out about the whole flying to Hawaii cost that we talked about 2 weeks ago? I have about 400 bucks saved up and counting so I just wanted to know if
1.You're still interested (If not it's cool and I can help other OOS)
2. IF you are still into it, how much you would need.

Again tournament is scheduled for summer but the venue is still getting worked out so I can't give a real date yet. Between June and early August is the best I can do. Sorry.
Thanks. :]

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
to me brawl and melee are two seperate games...... personally i can play brawl a lot more than i ever played melee..... but that might be because its new..... but i think brawl has a long way to go before it becomes reallyy competitive.....
melee on the other hand has been developed and has been maxxd out.. . .and is great
but on which is superior .........i dont think we can determin that. yet..

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
capacity1:

Parachutes is a place I frequently smash at on the weekends whenever I stay in anchorage. I dunno, I go there as much as I can while I can because I turn 19 this summer and i wont be able to go there anymore T_T

until then, lets meet up there sometimes. Tell Adrian to come to, i got a match to settle with that batch from last time lulz

TheCatMedic:

WTF PICK UP UR PHONE, BATCH

also, I lost my iPod and im friggn freaking out. I think sum1 at Parachutes took it last weekend or something. Srsly, I lost my iPod and im rly sad T_T

Xanskarr:

I got the SenshiCon tournament Finals on my computer. Turned out pretty good aside from the sound, which you can hear everyone rustling around in the background. Also note that noise I got everyone to make when you guys were both on your last stock =P

Also, I got bored once last week and so i made like 5 stages on brawl at like 2am:

Basic - pretty much a big Battlefield
Footstool - hard to describe but ok to play on.
Concave - Somewhat shaped like a mini skateboard ramp with a platform over the middle
THE CELL - a stage that takes place in a mostly enclosed box with few openings to launch your opponent to a KO. usually ends in sudden death.
Tricky - Ok, this is something I didnt expect. I was rly bored making this one and didnt think much about it. oddly enough, its a favorite stage among the smashers around here. Pretty much, the stage layout is my name "Brad" with a platform underlining it. It also has platforms between the letters that move up and down. the verticle line in "B" is a ladder. the ppl here just cant get enough of it o.O go figure

Not going to Anchorage this weekend; competing in an NYO tournament afk

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
i'd say melee is SUPERIOR to brawl because it's faster and theres more stuff to to do like wavedashing floatcancelling dj cancelling shine cancelling and wobbling

all brawl has on melee is the "ability" to randomly fall down when starting to run. and i'd think that's more of a deterent then a good thing. oh and footstooling and metaknight. somebody should hack melee and put metaknight in.

theres stuff i don't like in melee like chaingrabbing( wobbling is an entirely different thing in itself ) and some balancing issues but that's really all. other then those things it's all good.

i don't think melee is maxed out or at it's full potential yet anyways. people can always work on their powersheilding. ( it takes effort in melee meaning it is a potentially better tech ) and other stuff.

the reason i like metaknight so much is because he at least gives me the ILLUSION that i'm fast. even if it's just an illusion, whatever works yah? and i'm almost convinced it's not an illusion either.

to me metaknight is the spirit of melee in brawl. at least in attack speed. or not. but i think he is.

it's just SO FUN to watch metaknight's jab combo, aerials, pretty much everything. although it could just be all an illusion of speed but it works for me.

edt yah

that last video of masa vs mune seals it. i'm maining melaknight even if everyone mains him. fox and captain falcon let me down. ice climbers can't wavedash. metaknights the char for me if i ever play brawl. he's the future of brawl.

edit two YAH YAH?

i'll always play melee unless somehow a new smash comes out and it's melee v 2.0 or something. even if "When I'm Sixty-Four" and the world isn't ravaged by alaskan volcanic eruptions or by ebola i'll still play it.

oh wow this masa guy looks like he's showing off the future of metaknight

and i always thought wavedashing was more of an exploit of the physics but whatever

anyways yah i'll always play smash 64, melee, and metaknight( oooopsss i meant brawl yahahaha )

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Jawn - Let me know via PM when you're online, so we can try battling over Wi-Fi.

Anyway, some details on the LAN party at UAS tomorrow (Saturday). It starts at 2 PM and lasts until 11 PM (you don't have to show up right when it starts, either). As I mentioned before, the cost is $5 per person (or free for UAS students and one guest). The location is the Egan Building at UAS.

Unfortunately, I didn't really find out whether or not we can generate enough interest/people for an actual tournament. The plan so far is just to use a projection screen in one of the rooms and then play Brawl for several hours. Though I guess if enough people do show up wanting to play, setting up a tournament would be pretty easy.

If I can get my group to cooperate, there are at least 4 of us guaranteed to be there to play Brawl. Anyway, it would be great if you and some of your friends are able to make it. However, I'd say only attend if it would be convenient for you to do so. Don't worry if you can't come, as there will be plenty of other opportunities to play (though, remember it's a LAN party, and you can bring your computer with you if you decide to attend).

Well, let me know what you think. Sure would be cool to find new people to Smash with. :)

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
Jawn - Let me know via PM when you're online, so we can try battling over Wi-Fi.

Anyway, some details on the LAN party at UAS tomorrow (Saturday). It starts at 2 PM and lasts until 11 PM (you don't have to show up right when it starts, either). As I mentioned before, the cost is $5 per person (or free for UAS students and one guest). The location is the Egan Building at UAS.

Unfortunately, I didn't really find out whether or not we can generate enough interest/people for an actual tournament. The plan so far is just to use a projection screen in one of the rooms and then play Brawl for several hours. Though I guess if enough people do show up wanting to play, setting up a tournament would be pretty easy.

If I can get my group to cooperate, there are at least 4 of us guaranteed to be there to play Brawl. Anyway, it would be great if you and some of your friends are able to make it. However, I'd say only attend if it would be convenient for you to do so. Don't worry if you can't come, as there will be plenty of other opportunities to play (though, remember it's a LAN party, and you can bring your computer with you if you decide to attend).

Well, let me know what you think. Sure would be cool to find new people to Smash with. :)
Oh sweet, sounds good. I'll definitely bring a few friends or so. See you there.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Hmm....Hey Jawn, it's too bad we didn't get to play earlier today. My friends and I showed up to the LAN party at about 3:30, but we left at around 6:30 because literally no one else was showing up (from what I heard later, apparently the Gaming Club has had a lack of people coming to play for a while, which is unfortunate). I'm sorry if you did end up coming later.

Anyway, we'll have to plan this better next time, as the LAN party seems like it won't be an optimal location for getting a smashfest/tourney going. We'll probably set up something at the UAS dorms (Banfield building) at some point in the next couple of weeks. In any case, if we do get things rolling, I'll let you know a couple days in advance via this thread.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
anybody care to smash?

something "opened" my eyes.

but whatever. i can see quite
easily why nobody would want
to smash with me but you know-

whatever works.

sorry forgot something.

as much as i tend to get cynical
and against religion, i STILL feel
the need for the comfort of having
a god or two watch over me.

point is, need a religion, and after
browsing the selection ( i should
pick the right god or i'll go to hell
or something) i have decided that
the church of scientology is the one
for me. anybody care to join me in my
scientific spiritual journey.?

note

on of those statements is false. on is
true. which is the real one? hmmmmm
those that know a bit about me should
find it not incredibly difficult i hope.

so,

want to Smash? ( Any version works ) mm's too
for whatever it's worth.

or

would you care to join me as a brother( or sister
i suppose ) of the Church of Scientology?

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
http://xenu.net/roland-intro.html lulz

enjoy your BROKE

except that was probably the false statement or whatever you said

anyway i'd smash with you if i could but see i'm in a stupid place and can't get out

YET
hey jordan you should come down to oregon soon come for fb4
fb3 is a few weekends good tournie alot better then the sfe by alot...
not kidding the finger bangs are really good the best tournies since tangs when king and isia came :)

Jem.

Smash Master
How could one stop using MSN.
Instant messaging device that can be used to text cell phones, AND lets me know when I get myspace comments/messages? Kickace.

DQP

Smash Ace
in case anyone is wondering, i won't be able to play you guys online at the moment because my teachers issued a crapload of homework on me, and i need to get them done

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
My computer actually loaded the boards, prolly on a random chance and wont happen again. But I wanted to summarize what ive seen in the past month er so.

Initial hype. A lot of it.
*2 Weeks pass*
"this game is gay as hell"
*another two weeks*
Most of the community has played on a less stable basis and is demoralized/deteriated.

That being said, other games are looking very appealing right now..

WIFI IS WORTHLESS!!

Top Bottom