• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
Hey Rigga, if your reading this, just letting you know those were great matches, i enjoyed playin against u and you were quite the worthy opponent =]

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
As captain, I demand to know when Jordan is coming up to Anchorage.

ssbm is a pretty incredible game, is there a viable game style in brawl similar to using a move like fox's back air?

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
am I the only wasilla Brawler? im the leader of my smash group but i wanna know if theres any more here in wasilla.
I am now a Palmer brawler so if that counts then no, you're not the only one.

Also, characters I play:

1. Marth
2. Fox
3. Zelda
4. Sonic
Peach
MetaKnight

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
no way in hell is there anything similar to constant use of fox's back air or anything like that
in brawl. you'll just get punished if you try that because of the ridiculous shield speed and
powershielding ease.

only thing for brawl is hit-and-run or camping.

at the moment i think if melee tournaments still go on while brawl advances( and i think they will, although with far less people beacuse melee takes more overall skill then brawl )
i'll probably prefer melee tournaments.

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
no way in hell is there anything similar to constant use of fox's back air or anything like that
in brawl. you'll just get punished if you try that because of the ridiculous shield speed and
powershielding ease.

at the moment i think if melee tournaments still go on while brawl advances( and i think they will, although with far less people beacuse melee takes more overall skill then brawl )
That is disappointing.

alaskagamers

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I wanted to let you all know that ALASKAGAMERS.COM and AKGL.ORG will be hosting the Alaska Gamers League on Sunday, May 25 which will hold a Super Smash Bros: Brawl tournament. The rules and tournament format is still being composed at the moment, but checkout the sites for more info if you are interested in participating.

There is a guaranteed pool of $250+ in cash/prizes for the top 3 winners of the tournament. I will be posting when we have the finalization of the rules/tournament format.

Hope to see all you Alaska gamers there... and hopefully, we can truly find out who the best "Smasher" is ;)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
powershielding ease.

say that again after you fight a wolf that spams bairs intelligently

i can't believe it isnt common knowledge on smashboards that wolf's shine is the ****

i hate wifi... i think it is deconstructive to good playing since thinking tends to go unrewarded due to lag complicating execution

i dont imagine any of you have a single dual layer dvd lying around anywhere, do you?

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
wolf huh? well sir flisk hasn't unlocked wolf yet so i wouldn't know about this.

and even then i think anything metaknight can do beats wolf DOWN. ALL his aerials
are RIDICULOUSLY fast and some last for a while ( fair, bair )

I mean my god especially his dair and uair. insane.

yeah people say he's weak but does that really matter when you can rack up damage
SO crazy fast?

and remember meta KNIGHT has a sWORD. WOLF claws don't reach nearly as far as his
sword unless he can stretch them or something.

i thought i was going to main link or falcon or fox or ice climbers or lucas or ness or something
but now it looks like metaknight will be it. i don't care if he's overused he's so cool and fun
to use that I have to cave. or at least until i learn how to chain grab with the ice climbers.
and even then.

i was picking losers? like falcon fox lucas and sonic. then i decided to pick the KNIGHT. after that,
i won most of the matches. although they were against casual people. not like it matters since this
game is more casual like.

my goodness he's so incredible. fun, too. i just hold down A to execute his rapid jabs then he
starts- "rararararraaaa" or something while slicing SO fast. it's beautiful to watch. i just
think it's intimidating to watch him fly awound the stage swinging his sword around a million
times a second or something. his d-tilts are cool too. "shoo shaa shoo shaa shoo shaa" or his down
B "snorLAX!"

but whatever. maybe he just looks cool and he's not that good. but i think he is. or maybe he's just flashy and easy to play. because it certainly didn't take much for ME to win with metaknight.

edit

and what the devil is up with people saying metaknight is weak in the air? if anything, i would
say that he gets tougher in the air because that's where he can unleash his AERIALS like his
WOP like bair and fair. the only problem i could see with him in the air is with those that have bigger, longer swords the him( i mean range) like ike.

and ike shouldn't be a problem because he's slow.

edit

why are you asking if anybody has one of THOSE lying around? we're alaskans.

and alaska gamers you can count me out i'm not being part of some tournament where i'm going to get destroyed by snake jabs, f-tilts and the like.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
As of last night, I've decided that I'm gonna make a couple changes to my character playlist...

1. Marth
2. Peach
3. Sonic
4. MetaKnight
Zelda
Fox

Marth is by far my best character, mind you. The AKGL tournament seems kind of way out of my way as it is way out of town. Even so, I will make an effort to attend.

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
wolf huh? well sir flisk hasn't unlocked wolf yet so i wouldn't know about this.

and even then i think anything metaknight can do beats wolf DOWN. ALL his aerials
are RIDICULOUSLY fast and some last for a while ( fair, bair )

I mean my god especially his dair and uair. insane.

yeah people say he's weak but does that really matter when you can rack up damage
SO crazy fast?

and remember meta KNIGHT has a sWORD. WOLF claws don't reach nearly as far as his
sword unless he can stretch them or something.

i thought i was going to main link or falcon or fox or ice climbers or lucas or ness or something
but now it looks like metaknight will be it. i don't care if he's overused he's so cool and fun
to use that I have to cave. or at least until i learn how to chain grab with the ice climbers.
and even then.

i was picking losers? like falcon fox lucas and sonic. then i decided to pick the KNIGHT. after that,
i won most of the matches. although they were against casual people. not like it matters since this
game is more casual like.

my goodness he's so incredible. fun, too. i just hold down A to execute his rapid jabs then he
starts- "rararararraaaa" or something while slicing SO fast. it's beautiful to watch. i just
think it's intimidating to watch him fly awound the stage swinging his sword around a million
times a second or something. his d-tilts are cool too. "shoo shaa shoo shaa shoo shaa" or his down
B "snorLAX!"

but whatever. maybe he just looks cool and he's not that good. but i think he is. or maybe he's just flashy and easy to play. because it certainly didn't take much for ME to win with metaknight.

edit

and what the devil is up with people saying metaknight is weak in the air? if anything, i would
say that he gets tougher in the air because that's where he can unleash his AERIALS like his
WOP like bair and fair. the only problem i could see with him in the air is with those that have bigger, longer swords the him( i mean range) like ike.

and ike shouldn't be a problem because he's slow.

edit

why are you asking if anybody has one of THOSE lying around? we're alaskans.

and alaska gamers you can count me out i'm not being part of some tournament where i'm going to get destroyed by snake jabs, f-tilts and the like.
I saw a video of Snake playing, and those a-a-a jabs are ridiculous. So is wolf's aerials closest to fox's from melee? Is shine spiking useful anymore, and can any of the shine characters still do it?

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
So its come to my attention that i havent even seen one diddy player... WHY NOT!?! Diddy is the enew champ of smash, hes a great player, agile, not over played. just watch out when yall fight me as my roster set up.

Diddy Kong
ROB
Falco
Mario
Yoshi

and maybe wario...

Lunaris

Smash Ace
I saw a video of Snake playing, and those a-a-a jabs are ridiculous. So is wolf's aerials closest to fox's from melee? Is shine spiking useful anymore, and can any of the shine characters still do it?
no, wolf's bair is just an example of a move that you can do strategies similar to the bair spam with because of its speed, angle, priority, and wolf's jump. i guess it isnt as good as fox's bair spam but it works all right.

shine spiking can be done, but i don't think you'll be seeing as much use of it due to generally buffed recovery. if someone sweet spots the ledge with a recovery move it is almost literally impossible to stop them. and even if you do, if they're in range of the ledge and you're grabbing onto it and roll to ledge hog, the second you input the roll command the edge becomes available again, so edge hogging strategies have changed a lot.

no one is ever on wifi, what the hell.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
Diddy sucks. Nuff' said.

[homemade] Rice crispy treats however. ****ing rawk.
Eggleston gots 6th dibs =P

Wifi pisses me off..lag..gah..
to those idiots who say there is none.. i gr at you..and question you even having played wifi brawl.

Lunaris.wish i had that thingy your looking for..unfortuantly i dont.

Arthur.why the hell is Flisk the only person your really playing?
O_o

IMO Lucas has the best shine.[& s'spike]

Does the captain status really carry on to sequels?
i lol if it does.
^ _ ^

EDIT: BEST ROB IN ALASKA *****ES. ^ _ ^ !!!
peeps with issues should take it up with me in person. =]

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
Give me good examples why Diddy sucks? i kill every one with him... when i hear good ones, i will admit it, but till then, i stick to diddy being the best smasher.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
ha HA

yeah that's right wolf doesn't have anything on melee fox. nobody does except probably metaknight.

i think it would have been cool if past characters/ past versions of characters could be selected. so you could match past versions of characters against other versions. like melee sheik vs. any brawl fool
they would keep the hitstun of their moves and everything. hehe

it would be cool to put melee falcon vs. brawl falcon. ouch. or melee fox vs. anybody except for metakight.

and diddy "may" be not that awesome in lunaris'(alaska's) metagame but i think in the end he'll be one of the best in the end when everything is fully advanced and all everyone does is powersheild space and projectile spam.

he'll probably become one of the best along with marth wolf METAKNIGHT ice climbers( depending on how
their chaingrabs evolve, but i really am not sure) R.O.B. and Pit( of course)

and POSSIBLY snake. if only because of that jab combo and f-tilt.

and mr. wernett or warnett ( Ean) i only played john and his siblings because he has the game and i don't. he's gotten a LOT better anyways. at melee i mean. really agressive. does stuff he's never done before.

and he apparently likes melee MUCH better then brawl strangely. he says he doesn't like how slow brawl is in comparison, the edge grabbing range, and how samus is so much slower, taller, and weaker.

i would've thought brawl would've been better and funner for him yah

capacity1

Smash Rookie
xanskarr im pretty sure it was u cuz i added u and a dot appeared next to ur name and friend code showing how well of a connection you had with a person you've recently played..or at least thats what it says in the booklet with the game. anyways w/e .

they should have a olcadan-ish char in smash imo

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
well if what you said was true, it cant have been me. you posted it while i was in class, and i was in class since 730ish that day.

plus i didnt have time to add you to my friends list

Top Bottom