• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
ha HA

yeah that's right wolf doesn't have anything on melee fox. nobody does except probably metaknight.

i think it would have been cool if past characters/ past versions of characters could be selected. so you could match past versions of characters against other versions. like melee sheik vs. any brawl fool
they would keep the hitstun of their moves and everything. hehe

it would be cool to put melee falcon vs. brawl falcon. ouch. or melee fox vs. anybody except for metakight.

and diddy "may" be not that awesome in lunaris'(alaska's) metagame but i think in the end he'll be one of the best in the end when everything is fully advanced and all everyone does is powersheild space and projectile spam.

he'll probably become one of the best along with marth wolf METAKNIGHT ice climbers( depending on how
their chaingrabs evolve, but i really am not sure) R.O.B. and Pit( of course)

and POSSIBLY snake. if only because of that jab combo and f-tilt.

and mr. wernett or warnett ( Ean) i only played john and his siblings because he has the game and i don't. he's gotten a LOT better anyways. at melee i mean. really agressive. does stuff he's never done before.

and he apparently likes melee MUCH better then brawl strangely. he says he doesn't like how slow brawl is in comparison, the edge grabbing range, and how samus is so much slower, taller, and weaker.

i would've thought brawl would've been better and funner for him yah

thank you, finally some one agrees with me.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
ha HA

yeah that's right wolf doesn't have anything on melee fox. nobody does except probably metaknight.

actually, yeah, he does have something extremely important. well, relative to the rest of the brawl cast as fox compares to the melee cast.

nobody on smashboards seems to know about it yet, though, judging from topics on the wolf forum. of course some people do but i'd imagine they havent said anything.

and orry i dont disagree that diddy is a good character. nobody here uses him though, except eddie but he's out of town.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
i said diddy sucks in the current metagame

i doubt anyone but lunaris has achieved the current alaska metagame

maybe the people who play with him but eh.

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
i said diddy sucks in the current metagame

i doubt anyone but lunaris has achieved the current alaska metagame

maybe the people who play with him but eh.
Im confused on what you mean by metagame?

Im just suprised how much people dont play diddy.

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
oh now i get it. sorta like how fox was in the Melee and now they butcherd him in brawl. I get thew hole metagame hting, but i still prefer diddy as a main, he rules.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
SO ..........
wassup guys?
i just got back from Cali...
and im ready to play some brawl.. derek hit me up....

Ps.. IMO diddy rox but very easy to kill at times... and metaknight is a GANGSTER....
nuff said... Meta > diddy

DQP

Smash Ace
guys, just fyi... i'll be in orlando, florida for a school field trip (not bad, is it?) and i probably won't be able to play you guys on wifi. i'll still have access to swf, though, i'm bringing my laptop

EDIT: Toon Link>Diddy! Toon Link has a sword. what does diddy have? peanuts?

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
yeah well who would win in a duel Wolf or Melee fox

that's what i thought. and meant.

sorry i'm kind of against Wolf. don't know why. i always thought i liked wolf better then fox but once i saw wolf fighting it kind of repelled me. dunno wolf's fighting looks kind of weird to me. it's the way he moves i find odd.

and even though i think diddy kong will be among the best that doesn't mean i like him. he's probably my least liked character along with wario and dedede.

and why don't YOU play wolf master Lunaris? why SNAKE? SNAKE is SLOW. wolf has quick attacks at least. i think. although metaknight has even QUICKER attacks then wolf. i think.

oh yah is there any "unisversal smash master" in alaska?

i hope not, because then i can take the title of no one minds after i become okay at brawl.

what i mean by universal smash master i mean the one that is pretty good at all three smashes. because i think i'm alright at 64 and melee ( within the top 100 melee and 64 players in the state) so once i hit the milestone of becoming average at brawl i can become the Universal smash master of alaska if nobody is that yet.

and also guick!
quick, Lunaris! Brawl is out! it's a new game! before it's too late, an Alaskan power thingee should be made. on the first page or something.
here's a suggestion for the design.
-
---------Alaskan Power Charts-----------

1. ( "name" of smash person, character mains and secondaries)-(status(being reborn, retired, still playing, etc.)-(contact info if they don't mind)-( LINK to their smashwiki page) stuff like that.
ex. Lunaris- Snake. actively playing. "EMAIL " Smashwiki link here,etc.
99. Funkmaster- Metaknight, Ice Climbers. Currently being reborn. "EMAIL" Smashwiki link here.
..........etc.

i mean, it IS up to you since you DO own alaska i think but i highly recommend it. besides, it could help me out when( if ever) i play brawl so i know who to watch out for. (probably everyone)

and if anyone if offended that i put myself at 99 tell me and i'll remove it. i wasn't trying to look arrogant, i just thought a second example would have been needed.

Alaskans! support this! we NEED a rankings thing! may as well since brawl is most likely the last smash game. i don't see any downside to this really.

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
I think a power ranking system for brawl is a fine idea. FunkMaster just take the Universal Smash Master Title, nobody is using it.

Also $10 money math in melee to anyone who found smashboards in 2008.

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
guys, just fyi... i'll be in orlando, florida for a school field trip (not bad, is it?) and i probably won't be able to play you guys on wifi. i'll still have access to swf, though, i'm bringing my laptop

EDIT: Toon Link>Diddy! Toon Link has a sword. what does diddy have? peanuts?
toon link is good but diddy has much more than a sword, he has bananas thats way better than any bomb, bow, or boomarang.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
"and why don't YOU play wolf master Lunaris? why SNAKE? SNAKE is SLOW. wolf has quick attacks at least. i think. although metaknight has even QUICKER attacks then wolf. i think."

different game, it means a lot.

i'll make a comparison:
snake outranges marth, kos MUCH easier than marth, has a move with super armor, is significantly heavier than marth, and has at least 3 projectiles to top it all off.

also:
1. everyone is slow in this game, perhaps with the exception of sonic
2. speed is much, much, much less applicable for spacing--no shielding out of dash, no dash dancing(most important), no wavedashing. therefore the usefulness of speed is mostly reduced to comboing, which is basically nonexistent in this game except with highly spammable moves like metaknight's upair.

Critical Hit

Smash Rookie
I've lurked Smashboards on and off over the years, but finally decided to register when I saw this thread. When I tried to have online Brawl matches with people in the lower 48, only to experience horrible amounts of lag, I decided I'd better find some Alaskan smashers. Hopefully this will work out better. I've been dying for some good fights. I'm in Fairbanks, and my code is 2492-3979-7578. I've added everyone on the first page, so if you're looking for a good match, add me and we'll fight. Hope to see you guys online!

DQP

Smash Ace
my main is still up in the air, so don't ask me. and don't be asking for a fight just yet, i won't be able to until
april 1st, i'm going to orlando, florida:)

i already added all of you to my friend list, though

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
oh Easter huh?

yeah Easter is really cool. just ANOTHER excuse to do ridiculous "culture" related and "traditional" stuff like paint/dye EGGS different colors, eat CANDY ( as IF halloween(wrong spelling? wasn't enough) yech, and splash everything with a deluge of light blue and pink. WHY
and the rabbits. so strange.

AND RIDICULOUS.

Let's see now. There's Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, what else.....
I know there's other general holidays like that 4th of July and SAINT PATRICKS DAY but those ones are so
different and in MANY( of yes, MANY) cases very RIDICULOUS.

Well I hope this doesn't come off as mean spirited but if any of you took part in St. nonsense day i HOPE you drank so much had a black out and woke up with a MASSIVE hangover.

Actually, I would think that a hangover is your body's way of telling you that you were an idiot and "ohh now you're going to get it. what kind of idiot tinkers with the natural balance of the body? i'm going to give you a hangover. Fool. and cut out some of your brain cells for good just so you really feel it"

hello. sorry about that maybe. i was just venting my frustration over being SO weak. facial hair grows FAR to quickly for me. I shave, then by the end of the day or the next i can see the devilish substance COMING UP AGAIN. WHY? i don't want it! i don't want to look like an older guy. i'm 17 for now and i want to look like it. i can look older when i am old ALTHOUGH i would GREATLY prefer to look young forever but whatever.

point is, i tell myself i don't want the hair. my energy is better off spent somewhere else i'm sure. but does
my body LISTEN? Noooooooooooo.

and it's especially difficult right now because the cursed stuff grows at a rate not convenient for me. it doesn't grow fast enough so i can shave every morning but it doesn't grow slowly enough so that i don't have to shave every couple of days. my bod y is rebelling against me maybe. i don't know what i did to him.

it just means i'm to weak to control my body functions. how sad. ahhhhhh.....
back to Easter. happy yesterday spring holiday even though i don't support it.

oh yeah. let's see, although Christmas is putting it lightly-NONSENSE, i can't say it's really hurtful to me in anyway. i t could actually be quite profitable if i manage things well. the same can be said for all the holidays actually. so nevermind. leaving out moral values out ENTIRELY i can honestly say that the holidays are overall a good things to me as long as i manage things well.

valentines( again, leaving out ALL moral issues) could be potentially the best as well.hmmm. VERY contrary to my previous beliefs. i guess my mind is being reborn as well.

so to sum it all up. holidays are good in terms of numbers. NOT emotions or morals or anything. holidays are times or spendings and drunk people and stuff. everybody wins EXCEPT those people that go into debt from their credit cards or something.
holidays are good. it feels strange saying that, so do most things when i first try them out. holidays are good.
maybe even FUN. profits would equal fun in my opinion because money = fun right? Yees!
holidays are fun! and Cool! and good for the economy of the intelligent ones!
happy spring holiday yah! even though it was yesterday.

to everyone that is unless they dislike easter.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
anyone ever see that south park episode about easter?

Also, I keep running into that "adrian black" kid at Parachutes and it always means either one of 2 things; "These are gonna be sum good matches." or "****, i gonna get raep'd."

Top Bottom