• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

DQP

Smash Ace
guilty gear is actually pretty cool, i really liked it

but i agree with xans, melee is better than gg

but even better than melee is brawl!

DQP

Smash Ace
oh come on! it's not that bad. i know that tripping can ruin a tourney, and you may think that melee is way better, but you have to give sakurai some credit. i think he did a really great job with brawl.

DQP

Smash Ace
yeah? what else ruins it?

okay, maybe zamus and diddy and others making their own items, but i can't see that ruining tourneys too much.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
It's the hitstun which is practically non-existant, the combos that dont exist, the complete reliability on defense, and the fact that the learning curve is nonexistant. What's the hardest thing to do in Brawl, edge hog efficiently?

Copy pasta

DQP

Smash Ace
okay, maybe i like brawl so much because of them making advanced techniques harder to do (ex. edgehogging) or even taking them out (ex. wavedashing). i never really mastered those techniques, and other people were abusing those techniques (*cough* wavedashing *cough*). sure. call me a noob or casual player, but those are the reasons i like brawl so much better than melee. tripping is annoying, though

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Wavedashing wasn't abused at all. It hardly gave you an advantage, if at all. Most things it's used for is spacing.

Sakurai himself didn't want Brawl to become competitive, because "it leaves memories of defeat".

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
guilty gear, while forever deep and complex, there's a simple thing you must understand to understand it.
it's the speed. sure chipp has never been top tier in gg i think( the first one doesn't count). leave THAT for the slayers, the testaments and eddies but whatever. he's the fastest, and that's what matters.

come on luna(derek) are you just going to let the alaskan's pride and joy - the smash community, die? it's your claim to fame. when you're king of the United States( the U.S will turn into a monarchy in the near future. I'd prefer anarchy but whatever works yah.) you can say- " yeah. i am the king of the United States and I'm the one that founded smash in Alaska. bow down or something."

don't do this Luna! let forth the flames of passion( in smash. not sexual passion) and melt once again the icy ice that encases the heart of Alaska! the heat of smash needs to run very hot through the noble alaskan veins once again! yes!

oh yeah if smash never come back can you give the thread to me Luna? mankind has the inbred/natural desire for a father figure or in spiritual terms a god. i look like a god more then you anyway i think. (long hair - jesus )

oh well i suppose it can't be helped because alaskans are too weak without the comfort of a father figure.
alaskan smashers are lost without you luna.

hmm. i still smash with sir john flisk anyway. more then what can be said about the sad state of affairs nowadays. yahaha. team spiritualists are going to SLASH! team doc today. give me the strength to four or three stock those guys somebody. please?

anyway i probably won't get brawl ( and a wii ) until this summer. since derek has disowned the alaskan smash community i am going to say this. i have longer hair then Luna.

i'm starting this thing if anyone cares to. now that those hellishly long real estate classes are done my weekends are free i think.( 19 to be a licensee what NONSENSE) if anyone wants/ desires to smash let me know. somebody is bound to know my number. there's ample room in my current residence and stuff.

i don't even know if i should've said that. if i offended you in mentioning that, i'm sorry.

still. if ya want to smash or something let me know. i'm jesus of alaska after all. i have 64 and melee and that's it.

oh and DDR. only one dance pad thingy.

DQP

Smash Ace
geez, funkmaster, what are you trying to do, start another civil war or something?
wow, a civil war that's alaska vs the lower 48, and all about smash... i'd actually be cool with that

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Hello everyone. Not having a computer anymore sucks. So does Brawl in my opinion.
I haven`t played any of the games out of the smash series in about 3 weeks. I`m not opposed to playing, I just don`t have the urge to anymore. Sadly, yet thankfully, I feel great. Quitting smash has allowed me to accomplish so much recently. I currently have a 3.8 in honors classes, compared to my 2.5ish last year when I had began playing smash competetively. I am in shape. I have joined Robert Service High School`s track team, on which I run the 800, 1600 and 3200.
However, as summer slowly approaches, the prospect of playing consistant smash grows increasingly longed for. DESPAIR!!! It looks as if the community has moved on to better things, leaving the remnants that are...xan$, DQP, and of course mA$t3R0F_fUnK! left huddled together in the arid frozen wasteland that is... Alaska(friend codes in first post).
MASTEROFFUNK, I would be delighted to "smash" with you, but alas, my rebirth is not complete.
Xan$, I agree with you, DQP should shut up.
p.s. i wrote this on a wii

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I apologize. for many things and to many people.
the post above this may be the result of certain individuals exaggerating matters. this may or may not be true.

Also, I need to play DotA with you sometime, catphysical

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
i have faith in you sir che lab. rebirth is a great thing INDEED. it's not like i ever played smash competitively because i never went to any meaningful tournaments( and the ones i did go to made a fool of myself)

And if anybody plays kirby air ride at all in alaska other then me i must say we need - a kirby air ride community. i find it very fun. it doesn't have much competitive potential, however. it's at it's best when you're doing something else since you can play the game with one hand. a lot of people seem to hate that game, but whatever works. i like it.

so i guess this rebirth is quite similar to mine except you have much better willpower then me, but yah. good achievements.

i hope you do not get discouraged by the discouragers dpq or something. i don't hate you. you probably are elite at brawl or something. but NOT 64. i will out-elite in smash 64 any day hopefully. same goes for anybody else.

yehehe. the alaska smash community has crashed and burned out into a plie of ashes. a very small pile of ashes.

XANSKARR! DPQ or something! CHE LAB when your REbirth is complete! SIR JOHN FLISK who doesn't commune with the boards! and anybody else who is still existing as a pile of ashes!

we must UNITE i think! we must form a community! a new one since the ALASKA one is dead!

the name could be the New Alaskan Smash Group! or the N.A.S.G for short!

come ON all you previously mentioned people and Che lab when your REbirth is complete! lets' do this! or not. it's really up to all you people.

i dunno. I myself found it a cool idea with smash kind of in need of a new wave movement and all. besides. i find all three games very fun. 64's always fun with all the crazy wall combos and such. melee is melee. brawl is probably more fun for me as a party game with final smashes and items. the point is, they are all fun games. it's a shame i think to let such cool games go.

UNITE team Alaska!

by the way. even if you (possible) fiends ignore me on this offer i will be returning to dimond next year to start a revolution of sorts. so watch out.

make the right decision.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
yes!

thatonedudeski and capacity1!

shall i sign you people up for the N.A.S.G?

i hope so.

oh and my avatar is RIKKU because i'm in final fantasy 10 right now. Rikku is my favorite character of course because she's a thief and most importantly is the fastest. it's VERY VERY VERY awesome. that stat customization is very cool. innovation is greatly appreciated by me.

after this final fantasy 10-2 is next. haha...

Lunaris

Smash Ace
It's not dead.

Ricky and I still play together weekly.

Eddie and Manny probably would too, but I've been too busy to actually go out of my way to contact anybody.

Brawl is fine as a competitive game, from a game theory standpoint(aside from tripping), so regardless of how it compares to Melee I'm going to keep playing it. Arthur is right, however, if more people don't start volunteering to play together, nothing is going to happen in terms of community progression. Online play is no substitute for IRL play when you have a game with this kind of lag(not that anyone is ever online in the first place).

Anyways, if you're willing to play now, Arthur, we'll call you next time we play.

Lighten up on DQP, it's not that important whether he thinks Brawl is better than Melee or not. Be more patient with people who didn't experience the game the same way you did; for someone who didn't play Melee competitively, Brawl probably seems a lot closer to what Melee was than it does for us, so there's no reason to expect them to think Melee is better or get mad at them for thinking otherwise.

Anyways, we need all the people we can get. There'd probably have to be a tournament to get any new competition going. Hopefully something happens soon, because it's becoming a little bit hard for me to take this game seriously.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
hmm

the smashers still alive are quite a sullen and unjolly group of fellows exept for one maybe.

you're such a meanie luna now i can't play peach. ugh. you ruined link for me too. and wolf. lucas is actually pretty fun and cool and good. it looks like metaknight really is it, though.

and snake appears quite foolish at first but i just have yet to counter it. that's all. i don't think he's broken or anything. those jabs and tilts are kind of imbalanced in my opinion, however. giving a supposedly slow character a pair of fast, powerful attacks is a bit dangerous.

whatever smash the alaskans play i'll play. as i said i play all three. they are actually probably all equally fun with melee being a bit higher then the rest naturally.

it would have been better( for me yah ) if i had shaved however because i don't like looking like a drug guy or whatever. blast it all.

what else...nothing i suppose. night or something yah

wait yes there is actually. what was it...
oh yah it's good to know that smash isn't really dead as i thought it to be in alaska i guess. i still think it needs a bit of kick or something.

dunno why people get so tired and angry with brawl. if it's not exciting, make it so. play metaknight or something so you don't have the option to camp. after all, speed, control, and mobility make games intense yah?

if only metaknight had the air mobility of wario. ahhh. i wonderful thought indeed.

and luna if for some reason you were wondering why i kept using the jab with meta of knights i do so beacause it looks cool is exhilarating and is fun. maybe i should reserve it for taunts seeing as how it got me into trouble some times.

but whatever works yah

huh. brawl.

run into a wall, break through it. get destroyed countless times by everyone no big deal. just get better. mourning won't solve much i think. the path to enjoyment lies in not moaning and stuff about nonsense that happened, it lies in realizing your mistakes and bettering yourself based on self-examination.

missed with an attack? it's not stupid, you just miscalculated distances or your foe dodged. died from something ridiculous? it's our fault for getting killed by something ridiculous. got killed by an attack? it's your fault for getting hit by that attack. lost to someone you don't usually lose to? you lost because you lost. ( unless tripping was a key element or something )

if i lose to someone. that means i lost. either my opponent outpreformed me or i made many mistakes. nothing is stupid or bullstuff. i was the inferior player. that's almost all. tripping is of course a thing in itself. blech.

i think everyone may know but whenever i say "that was nonsense" or something i say that just for the devil of it. i'm not really saying that was nonsense. maybe myself, but not the event. just had to say that i think.

there's not much i can say about tripping however since it is random. i think i still have yet to punish anyone out of a trip though. can't say i would either. dishonorable and stuff i think.

kay now bye yah

have fun

DQP

Smash Ace
Lighten up on DQP, it's not that important whether he thinks Brawl is better than Melee or not. Be more patient with people who didn't experience the game the same way you did; for someone who didn't play Melee competitively, Brawl probably seems a lot closer to what Melee was than it does for us, so there's no reason to expect them to think Melee is better or get mad at them for thinking otherwise.

Anyways, we need all the people we can get. There'd probably have to be a tournament to get any new competition going. Hopefully something happens soon, because it's becoming a little bit hard for me to take this game seriously.
Thank you Luna
someone finally agrees with me

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
xanskar ----------------------> SHAADDUP!

Funk master ---------> GG it was fun to play that night.

D-Wreck-----------> im impressed at the level that your playing this game already. i know how you feel. but hopefully we will find people that will play like we do to be able to take this game "seriously"....

Ricky-------------------------> GG very impressed by peach, but even more by wario.... you play them both in a very Gangsta style lol. oh and btw how was the party for you??.. i had hella fun..

Everyone one Else-----------------> Ready to play you all.

DQP------------------> i Got your back homie.... no worries. brawl is the ish

that is all....................

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
hmm it looks like i should use metaknight's mach swirl more. apparently it's an incredible move. hm. i'll have to get used to using it for an approach. and probably stop trying to use vortex so often. seems to be his most limited special. still, it does look cool. metaknight is so awesome. i doubt throughout brawl's life that he'll ever slip under high tier. i'm not making the same mistake i made in melee. i'm picking a character and sticking with it. it's the best way to learn his ( metaknight ) moves. i have yet to perform some of his cooler stuff though. whatever. i'll get it soon enough hopefully.

hello xanskarmory and dqp and kiherbs yah

does dqp stand for anything by the way? something cool i hope

and is xanskarr or xanskarmory your alter-ego sir jason? yes i hope

DQP

Smash Ace
thanks, kiherbs.

so my new name is "saxophone," is it xans!? as i recall, DQP stood for double quarter pounder.

Top Bottom