• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
I just added you as well.

No, I don't go to JDHS, since I'm 22. =P Anyway, you should check out the UAS gaming club (at the Egan building) a couple Saturdays from now -- we're going to try and get a SSBB tournament set up, which might actually happen now that interest in the game has skyrocketed.

Also, added your FC, banksters. If anyone needs mine, it's in my sig.

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
I just added you as well.

No, I don't go to JDHS, since I'm 22. =P Anyway, you should check out the UAS gaming club (at the Egan building) a couple Saturdays from now -- we're going to try and get a SSBB tournament set up, which might actually happen now that interest in the game has skyrocketed.

Also, added your FC, banksters. If anyone needs mine, it's in my sig.
Alright, sounds good. I'll bring a few friends that play the game too. Keep me updated.

How's your lag when you play online? I have ACS and it's kinda ****ty.

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
Hm, I guess it's just my connection. I'm going to buy a Wii LAN Adapter and see if that helps with the lag.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
jawnjawn - Yeah, a LAN adapter for the wired connection definitely helps. I bought one from Fred's a few days back; it was $25 for the third-party accessory, but totally worth it. Also, I've already added your FC, so you should get mine added as well (it's in my sig, and under my avatar), and also let me know what your online tag is, so I'll know that you're on. Since we're both in Juneau, we should be able to get a good connection. I'm using mid-tier GCI cable, btw.

Xan, good short match there with Luigi v. Pit. I just wish it hadn't been left up to Sudden Death. >_<

ThatOneDudeski/adrian Blk - I'll get to adding your FCs as well, oince I'm done with my current matches.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Yeah, good matches (including last night) Kenji. I completely underestimated you, didn't expect you to be good at all.

Ean - Want to come over tomorrow? Ask Ricky and Chris too.

by the way, I still have 2 packs of soda left from Sunday.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Really, Xan? I'm glad to have surprised you then. I went in knowing you were good, from seeing your various Youtube matches, so I may have had a slight edge there. It's too bad Falcon seems to have been nerfed, because I really wanted to play against your Melee Falcon. =P

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
You, umm...Have a point there...

O_o

Tbh, I actually used to semi-main Falcon, but I'm not so sure anymore. The worst part for me is that his general flow seems to be reduced (then again, that's the problem with most veteran characters)...Okay, I kid, my least favorite part is where the knee is a joke compared to Melee. :(

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
Kenji - My online tag is JAWN. I think I've added you already. Sounds like I'll be getting that LAN adapter for sure. Is there going to be a brawl tournament for sure at the Egan Building next saturday?

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Well, two of the guys that would play with us are going out of town this Friday, so I doubt we'll be able to get it going this Saturday, or the next one.

But, if you give me your e-mail address, I'll be able to contact you a couple days in advance if we do manage to get a tournament set up.

Actually, now that I think about it, any tournament we do set up won't be anything official or huge, just a big Smashfest that will happen to take place during the UAS Gaming Club LAN parties, which take place from 2 pm - 11 pm. The cost is $5 for the public; free for UAS students (but if you know any UAS students, try to get them to come, as they can bring one guest for free as well). I checked the website where upcoming LANs are shown (http://www.juneaublogger.com/games/), and after this Saturday, there won't be another one until March 29.

Anyway, I think it's fairly likely that we'll be showing up for the LAN on the 29th. I don't know the exact number that we'll have, but tournament or no, we're going to have a great time playing Brawl for several hours. The point is (for me, anyway) to find and play against as many new players as possible. I'll try to keep you updated, though.

I mean, I know online play is an option, but IRL play is still the best, since there's no lag, etc.

jawnjawn

Smash Rookie
Alright, sounds good. You could just keep me updated on this thread or PM me. Lately I've been checking this forum more than my e-mail.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
captain falcon isn't a "***got" whatever that word is supposed to mean. I think you're
just jealous because you don't have the muscular legs or build he has, although I admit
he seems to have not quite as powerful a physique as he did back in his GX days. but he could probably squat a good number with those legs of his still.

and oh my wow Zelda is so broken her lightning kicks are WAY too powerful they kill lighter characters at around 30 or so. that's just ridiculous. in this video of HDL link vs. some zelda on the great sea level zelda just whacks HDL with a lighting kick at about 40 damage and he goes FLYING. and since link's horiz recovery isn't really awesome he hits the water, thrashes about in the liquid briefly, then gets run over by the ship and dies. a KO on a heavier character at 40 %. SO nonsense. especially since zelda is reborn in brawl, freed from her disgraceful melee form and blossomed into a beautiful broken melee-fox like monster.

On the subject of morals because I brought it up.

What is with the use of this word "***got" While I MAY not be an incredible example of purity ( what i hope to achieve some day), i must say that the rampant use of this word is really mystifying and possibly demeaning to others. i think when someone uses this word they are not REALLY thinking about what it is truly supposed to mean. I don't think that this word is used by many in the smash community with the full
malice and abuse the word is known to possess. i don't think i ever got to using that word in a casual day to day manner. i DID use "gay" though. As in "that was gay" "you're so gay" etc, but THAT was back when I was young and foolish. Many of use do foolish things when we are young and foolish. Not to say that justifies the way i used that word. what i did was a sin, and i am repenting for it.

even though the manner in which this word is used is not one of hate, rather in a kind of good-natured kind of way, there are still those that don't see it like that.

my point is- maybe some of you might rethink your usage of the word "***got" , for it is a slur of sorts, and is along the lines of calling females "bi**hes" or "h**s"
really.
i can't MAKE you stop using that or similar words of course, and even if i could i wouldn't. for the choice is really up to you and the decision to rise above is meaningless unless it is geniune and comes from the self.
By the way, the Westboro Baptist Church is in great support of this word and all the hate it holds within, just to let you know. quite an interesting group. not AS interesting as the church of rael, but still.
and one thing again. it may sound like it, but I'm not religious. i am not a fan of any organized religion or new age stuff. when i say repent for my sins it's a kind of phycological (wrong spelling) thing made up of self-forgiveness and unburdening of the mind.

and that's why i am being reborn. i need to get to love myself and repent for being such a burden and waste to society.

thank you for your time i think.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
arthur, there is a simple solution: dont use those words around people who take offense or in public. when the hell are you going to be playing brawl?

jordan, i hope you're ready to give up DK:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152119
that is unless they ban it, of course.

i have decided that i am going to use snake much more, regardless of whether or not it produces even more whining than it has thus far(which was the reason i dropped marth in melee way back when i first started playing it). i'm gonna main him instead of ike, as i have determined him to be a better character by a considerable margin; results(relative to how much i have to try/have tried with him so far) agree. i'd like to be wrong and keep maining ike, but when i think about it snake just has too much over ike.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Derek, although I prefer Ike over Snake (yeah, after getting my *** beaten by him all day, I decided to try him out, and it turned out really well), I actually know exactly what you mean. I was playing against a Snake today, and nearly lost despite the fact that my opponent still has quite a ways to go before using Snake to his full potential. That gives me plenty of cause for concern, as my Ike is probably going to be in trouble once this player figures out how to use him exactly right. >_<

However, I have outs as mains besides Ike. Luigi, Lucas, Toon Link, and Wolf are all other possibilities I'm looking into, although I really like the sheer KO prowess that Ike possessess.

Also, next time we play over Wi-Fi, I need to see that Snake of yours. I believe what you're saying about him, but I also want to see it firsthand. :)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
I'd like to play some melee tomorrow.
i'll play it with you, never thought anyone would say that again(well, maybe 1 or 2 people)

kenji, it's mostly from a theorycraft standpoint. ike has one thing over snake: a disjointed hitbox on all of his moves, and a bit of range on some attacks(snake actually has fairly long range). he has many things worse than snake. snake, on the other hand, has many things better than him, including projectiles and disjointed hitboxes on -some- of his moves. and that's just a cursory look at things. one of the biggest things is that snake can't be camped like ike can.

anyways, we'll see how things turn out as i actually start playing him to win and not to make him look ridiculously easy, but i will keep playing ike too.

banksters

Smash Apprentice
I just got back from a brawl tourney that I won, using Derek's snake's tactics XD

Seriously, in the finals, it was my snake vs. falco, all I did was dodge his lasers, and when he attacked, dodge -> ftilt combo. Got him like that all 3 stocks.

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
Hey people, I'm new to the smash boards, but veteran to smash. I come from Wasilla, and im the leader of my smash group, mainly undefeated. i know most any flaws to melee but still learning few on brawl.

I've switched favorite characters from melee to brawl many times going from; Roy, Mewtwo, Mario, and followed by Yoshi... but now in Brawl ive been noticing changes they did to the veteran characters, and gave up most hope for them. ill still play yoshi but ive really been enjoying diddy the most, tho i like rob (sad enough to say) andthen i goof around with wario, but other than that, like i said i'm leader of my group over here in Wasilla, really looking for good 1v1 challengers, add me if intrested Orry_watts@hotmail.com.

Brawl FC- 2363-5418-6193

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Hey Orry, glad to see that you made an account. If you check the first page, there are some FCs already there for you to add, and more are on the way. Alternatively, you can PM someone in this thread if you've added their FC but they haven't added back.

In theory, I'm hoping that every Alaskan in this thread adds each other to their own individual Friend Rosters. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've personally been adding everyone's FC that I've seen in this thread so far (if I've missed yours, and you want a match, please send me a PM). That way, our awesome little community can go chugging along with online play smoothly. :)

Top Bottom