• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman

DQP

Smash Ace
man! i won't be able to go to that particular brawl tournament because i'll be in fairbanks!
i'll still get brawl, but i won't be able to challenge you guys! at least, not there.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
I hope you all don't hate me for what I do to you tomorrow... and your perception of the game. This isn't really meant as trash talk/boasting, I'm serious.

Ricky, if you see this, call me. If someone at Dimond who is not Ricky sees this, tell Ricky I want him to call me. Preferably before he goes home. Cell phone first, then home; if they say I'm asleep, tell them I wanted to talk to you.

banksters

Smash Apprentice
He's not going to win.

Jordan has had the game for a couple weeks, and has had practice since. He's coming up and if he knows about the tournament (which I think you have to sign up for) then he'll win, no contest.
I was only kidding... lighten up, bro. =.=

And DQP you can just play us online =D

DQP

Smash Ace
And DQP you can just play us online =D
oh thanks guys. by the way, i just learned that i won't be able to pick it up in fairbanks because we cancelled our trip. but i still won't be able to go, because i reserved the game at the 5th ave mall, not the dimond center.

DQP

Smash Ace
morning dudeski. oh, by the way, i can play you at gamestop, as i just learned. the only problem is, i'll probably get trashed

DQP

Smash Ace
xan, why do you think i suck? everyone else thinks i'm at least okay, and you're so pessimistic. no offense.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
because i saw you play, played you, and heard what you said about how game and watch is good
plus i troll gamefaqs all the time so i say a lot of people who say that bad characters are good suck
force of habit i guess

Lunaris

Smash Ace
if we have tournaments for Super Snake Brothers: Dodge, i'm pretty sure the stages will be:

the yoshi's story stage
FD
battlefield
the animal crossing stage(moving platform isnt that bad)
might be forgetting one or two.

unless we can get significantly more people by opening up some of the ****ty stages, hopefully just as counterpicks.

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuesnIp0VY
time to load up japanese mode again. oh wait...

Darkmusician

Smash Master
if we have tournaments for Super Snake Brothers: Dodge, i'm pretty sure the stages will be:

the yoshi's story stage
FD
battlefield
the animal crossing stage(moving platform isnt that bad)
might be forgetting one or two.

unless we can get significantly more people by opening up some of the ****ty stages, hopefully just as counterpicks.

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuesnIp0VY
time to load up japanese mode again. oh wait...
The other neutral stages are Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1 and possibly the Frigate Orpheus. Some would consider Halberd neutral enough since it's easy to avoid the stuff in the background. Castle Siege as well.

Oh man. I'm not happy with the American voice overs. Why would then not give us a dual language option? Whhhhhy!!!???

Lunaris

Smash Ace
The other neutral stages are Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1 and possibly the Frigate Orpheus. Some would consider Halberd neutral enough since it's easy to avoid the stuff in the background. Castle Siege as well.

Oh man. I'm not happy with the American voice overs. Why would then not give us a dual language option? Whhhhhy!!!???
they aren't giving us a dual language option? i havent heard of this. if so, i am even more glad i got my jpn version.

i have a pretty strict view on what constitutes a 'neutral' stage. F.O. and halberd are definitely not on my list.

and **** PIT. he already sounded like a pubescent little twerp, the voice acting is mostly terrible but aside from that it is an improvement(sounds older, some better phrasing). at least the translations are accurate.

now ike... wow.
"I am simply fighting... for that which I must protect/should be protected."[humble acknowledgment of strength]
apparently translates to
"I fight for my friends."[okay...]
im pretty sure there are computer programs out nowadays that could have done a better job, that line is monotone in the english version. they probably ran out of time or budget and just got a nintendo of america janitor to do ike's voice acting.

and ill just say im really glad im not going to be playing falco

either way, regardless of who got shafted more, i think most of us can agree that it is all pretty terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQOEHk9mhbI
PT is just as horrific as i imagined him to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRHChWh5tk
some of these are great. "Itsnotover." "aurauraurauraura"(yes lucario is also obsessed about "auras"(different word though) in japanese) "i will be the one to-- take you down."

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ah. I actually don't mind Halberd, Castle Siege and Pokemon Stadium 2. (I like it more than that windmill from stadium 1 now) But judging from your preferences you'd probably only want BF, FD AC, LC, YS.

I agree on the horribly sloppy dubbing. Falco=New York. Metakinght= D. Vader Ike, Pokemon Trainer and Pit=some cross over between Toon Disney and 4 Kids. Oh and as far as the voice option, some guy posted the english dubs and claimed there was no voice option.

And after yesterday I fully agree that PO is far from neutral. Killed myself twice on that stage.

DQP

Smash Ace
i wouldn't be surprised if the frigate weren't banned. me, i don't like poke stadium 2, but i'm sure some of you disagree.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I hated all the voices at first but after forcing myself to listen to them over and over and over again, the only one I still dislike is pit (and maybe PT, but he does remind me of when I used to watch the anime a while ago........). I think you should all do the same, really, their not that bad (oh and by the way Ike only says "I fight for my friends" as a victory pose, not a taunt)

dpsTANK

Smash Rookie
I'll probably figure this out by the time it's answered, but in case I don't, where exactly are the release weekend tournaments. I'm getting the impression that it's at the Diamond Mall, but since it's 1:40 in the morning and I can't call them, I'll ask u guys and hope someone replies before I leave in like... 5.5 hours, lol.

EDIT: W00T resourceful...or lack of dumb, neway, I answered my own questions and hopefully see u guys @ Diamond on Sunday

Vvave

Smash Rookie
For the few who know about this should tell me now why Snake gave some of you a hard time. (Couldn't beat snake for 4hours WTF!!!)

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
On willpower/self control.

I'm not trying to say that any of you do any thing like this, but I am just telling you Alaskans this in the event something similar begins to happen. First off, it is my belief that pain and sadness are some kinds of warnings or punishments our mind/body is giving us. Say a pretty "normal" person walked into a fire unknowingly. There would be pain, and the pain from that should be enough to repel this person. For sadness it's a little different. But it could be that you are doing some activity that is causing you pain, and while you THINK you are enjoying the activity, your mind is really SCREAMING for you to stop because of the overall pain that would result from such.
Pain and sadness could be punishments as well. I would think this occurs usually when you do not "hear" the warnings your mind is issuing because it(your mind) is clogged with whatever devilish nonsense. In other words, your mind is saying-"well, you ignored my warning about that, so this is what YOU GET now."
Out of the two I'd think that pain/sadness as a punishment is quite a bit worse then the former because of how long it can last and how badly it could effect you.
I'm a prime example of this. I'll give two examples of this.
1- I was a pathetic, lazy, uninspired fool in middle/high school. I failed many classes. I had warnings along the way, but I shut my self to them apparently. As a result I now attend a school of which the population is made up of the degenerates of society. Maybe I am too, who knows. It's such a TRAGIC, yet very common occurrence among many people. Eww. This might mean I'm just a commoner.
2- Just recently I began to read the harry potter books again. I had already read up to the fourth one, but that was long ago. So I was reading the fifth and sixth ones. My willpower was terrible. The books sucked me in. Or rather, I sucked myself in maybe. I didn't even sleep last night because I was reading those books. First it was eight, then two a.m ,then out of nowhere five a.m and pointless to even try to sleep. In the middle of this reading period I "happened" to look at myself in a mirror. It was very awful. I was pale, looked bad, looked tired, everything. That was bad enough, but during much of the time I was reading the books my mind WAS warning me with signals of pain and sadness. I ignored them. Now I feel sad, terrible, sleepy, all of that stuff. My god it hurt. Yet.....I ignored myself. This sort of willpower is just one reason I'm where I am now.

The point of that was to warn you fellows about the dangers of a weak will and ignorance of the warnings
you may feel. After all, you are fellow Alaskans. Should watch out for each other. I guess. Maybe. Not sure

This is probably why I never attempted to get into any MMORPG, especially WOW. Although if I tried to get into any of those games I wouldn't get addicted because the nature of what is so addicting about those books and those online games are VERY different. And nothing in those "games" would pain me the way those books do.

So. I recommend that you Alaskans be on your guards against a weak will, if you have one. (doubtful)
I wouldn't really want anyone to have some ridiculous incident like I did, small or not.

have fun yah

dpsTANK

Smash Rookie
Heh, I don't make it to Dimond that often, I live in Eagle River =P I always thought it was Diamond, lol, o well. And yea, AK =/= Frozen Waste, ecspecially the last week, but it sounds cool and ne1 who isnt from AK won't know the difference ^_^

Neway, guess I should introduce myself or something, being new and all. Been playing Smash Bros since it came out on the N64. Never had transport to Anchortown till now so I never bothered to get involved with tournaments...not really a lot else to say. Ne1 who went to Senshi Con at ASU campus and remembers, I was the guy wearing the WoW Warrior shirt, as I probably will be on Sunday XD for obvious reasons (username / handle = dpsTANK...yay).

Now that Smash Bros is online and I can get around to tournaments, I'm hoping to meet some new challengers and up my game, lol. I should seriously set up a Wii @ my job so I can play here...

dpsTANK

Smash Rookie
Thanx ya ^_^ so...I have come to find that deciding to wait until the release to play SSBB to preserve the sanctity of the experience, I have actually done myself a disservice as I will be ill-prepared for the tournament as far as what to expect and how to use the new tools given to me. To be honest, I have been horribly tempted to get it and try it out for upwards of 20+ hours beforehand...what do you guys think about this? Think I should give it a swing and try it out before Sunday?

(though part of me thinks u guys will say no just so i'm not prepared =P)

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Ean you're not going to the midnight release?

Sup dpsTank, I was the guy that got second at the tournament at senshi-con.

wtf is up with my posts....

when you get a wii up try and get wi-fi as well, we'll play you.

well i will at least

dpsTANK

Smash Rookie
>_< saying brawl sucks is one thing, -explaining- why it sucks is something completely different (and a bit more valid =P)

Personally, I cannot think of any real reason why brawl will suck, heh, except that I don't have a wii ::sigh:: and that I won't get to play it as much as I want to ^_^ can't play in your sleep... /cry

Top Bottom