• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
dammit im bored... we need to play smash more than once a week, slackers.

if you're bored, read most of these articles... er, come over. =p

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176

anyways if you're too lazy to read them(they're good reads) i can digest some of the information for you when you come over. probably just a few pieces of them overall though. the ones involving 'dominate' in the title are the best ones at explaining how games/competition works. it's written for the traditional 2d fighter community but they mostly apply to smash(and any other game) as well.

**** we have like 4-6 people who are supposed to be good who just haven't come over yet. quinny and his friends, then greg's friends(manny/eddie). =/ now that i know people, i still cant get them over.

maybe i should start telling people i'll give them chairs as presents, hmm daniel?

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Hey derreck, I can come over abytime after tonight, maybe even tonight but doubtfully, but friday saturday sunday, yahh I wanna come at least twice this weekend, if thats ok.....well, sorry i dont care I'm coming anyway. Also for anyone who is interested, the Dimond Video Game Club is having a tourney sometime in the next 2 weeks, If you go to dimond and see this come, if you dont go to dimond were not allowed to let you in(wink wink), so if you wanna come its in The Multipurpose room 1, Dimond High School, after school, not sure of date but I'll know by next week. The prize for 1st place is a $50 gift certificate to game stop, not sure about 2nd or third.

KaiserDragon

Smash Cadet
Well you could give them little gift bags, filled with nintendo collecters items!

Heheh, well im not going to be able to come this week, I got some family stuff I got to take care of. I should be able to make it next week.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
*watching Kill Bill* Yay blood, lol. Anyways that'd be awsome, little nintendo bags with like....stuff, btw the tourney will most likely be the week after next week. There'll be a 2v2 and 1v1 on separate dates.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
TCP here:

Could you mindgame one of those tournaments to the 19th :chuckle:

btw: i hate asians, **** c**** bumped me in the hallway today
well....I'm sure YOU of all people whose name is mindgamer could.....(mouth agape at your AWWWsomeness)lol.

EDIT:Whos coming over today derreck, also I'd need a ride there if possible.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
so far only the usual have confirmed for today... let me know if you know of other people who are coming that usually don't(people who are not ricky/greg/daniel/matt/chris, that is). i need to know who will need rides and when. i hate having to figure out where and when i'll be driving on the day of the event.

i might be sleeping in a little late tomorrow, though, i.e. 1-3 pm. hopefully not 3 =p

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Hey Derreck, today I can stay whenever as usual, and I'm not sure if my mom can give me a ride or not, but when you get on msn I'll most likely know.....(hopefully gregs coming MUHAHAHAHA)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
ok... this is annoying

daniel, you're not on msn again, are you coming? and if so, when?

ricky, you're not on msn, i need to know what's up. james called me earlier today, did he contact you about getting a ride or anything?

i still need to call greg

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Hey.....threads been pretty inactive. Anyways, whats going on this weekend, Derreck I might be able to come over saturday and definetely sunday. Gahh we need more people coming to the smashfests, and we need people staying longer*COUDHDANIEL8:30COUGH)....jk, but still, plus I wanna dr. mario ditto you greg.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
yeah... i'm really busy with school this week and will seek to busy myself with it more in the future, but i should still be up for something on saturday. probably not any other day though.

hopefully we'll get more people this weekend. matt would have played longer, but he was tired.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
#@%@#*($!($*(%!@$!@#%Y&@#!)%@!(*%&@*!%&(@*!$%&@!*%&!@(*&!@*(%&@!$&@!$
&!@%)^!@*!@#$!@)$&!@$&@!%^&!@$!@&%^&@!%^&!@%!%@&!)@$&@!$&@$!@*$&!@$^
@&$!)^$*@&$!*^@*&%^*@!)$^&!@^%&@!%^)!@%&@!

"i can't believe i only won one" heh! such overconfidence, take notes... especially on dictionaries

"1. a book containing a selection of the words of a language, usually arranged alphabetically, giving information about their meanings, pronunciations, etymologies, inflected forms, etc., expressed in either the same or another language; lexicon; glossary: a dictionary of English; a Japanese-English dictionary."

you know it's correct because it comes from dictionary.com

"American Heritage Dictionary
2. A book listing the words of a language with translations into another language."

OH ****, nice try spreading your sophistry, charlatan!

Lunaris

Smash Ace
happy halloween!

started talking w/chris about the tournament, he says he'll talk to the manager of microplay about it(he's not sure whether he'll let us host a tournament at a microplay, i think microplay might be providing us with funds...?) anyways tomorrow im going to ask someone at uaa about on-campus tournament possibilities, pray for progress

bet (a few of)you posers are trick-or-treating right now

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
happy halloween!

started talking w/chris about the tournament, he says he'll talk to the manager of microplay about it(he's not sure whether he'll let us host a tournament at a microplay, i think microplay might be providing us with funds...?) anyways tomorrow im going to ask someone at uaa about on-campus tournament possibilities, pray for progress

17>10, so i do not qualify; maybe yourself though, laptop?

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
happy halloween!

Dude any help you need I'm ready to provide. Btw whats going on this weekend, anyone know yet??

Lunaris

Smash Ace
i do. i'm going to wish more people would come over to smash.

unless quinny and his friends decide to come probably same ****, with matt included... you can probably consider him a regular

unless james wants to come? or chris. if james doesnt understand, he's more than welcome, as is just about anybody who wants to. and hopefully i'll know if ill need any help soon =/ depends on chris, mostly

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Alright cool, yahh I'll try to talk to quinny er somethin. Also it should be fine with James to come over, I'll talk to him tomorow, Vito, James, and my old friend Will are coming over to smash.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
for those who're interested...

from kei/takagi of wa and japan:

Kansai ranking battle #3 results!!

1st Aniki(link, samus)
2nd Hoshino Kirby(sheik)
3rd Masashi (fox)
4th Kei (fox, peach)
5th Tani(marth)
5th Kentaros(doc)
7th Thunders(fox)
7th Shu(falcon,ganon)

aniki went link all the way except for using samus against hoshino kirby

and the next, most recent tournament:

Kansai Ranking battle 4 results

1st Aniki (samus link) once again...
2nd hiko (falco falcon)
3rd thunders (fox)
4th masashi (marth)
5th kou (falco sheik)
5th hoshino kirby (sheik jiggs)
7th Tani (marth)
7th mach dash (falcon)
9th cho (ganon)
9th shigurudo (marth)
9th farce (doc)
9th smasher (link)
13th kei (IC) =p
13th ma-tan(peach)
13th souten(fox)
13th samusu(samus)

PS: i have a way of recording matches directly onto the computer, in case some of you didnt know... if you'd like to record some matches(not necessarily to make public... i don't want to make any public videos at the moment anyways) we can do that. i can send them to you if you'd like to look at them. just a thought.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Who was Lunaris at 0C2? I still can't even put a name to a face lol. In any case, Alaska is cool I wanna go there

Lunaris

Smash Ace
i heard he was that guy who went around being mean to everybody... at least that's what daniel would like to think

medium height brown hair, wore a black jacket, crimson shirt, khaki pants... heh i don't think any of that will help =p i dont think i ever saw you, in reality. i'll probably end up going out of state again somehow soon(for an alaskan... takes like 600+ bucks to get OOS).

chris, matt, and carlos came over today. was good fun. hopefully we'll get a good showing this saturday. carlos has sats off now apparently, so maybe he can come more consistently.

oh, and you'd be more than welcome here =)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
depressing, at least carlos was able to make it today

nothing else unusual happened

edit: cept for the challenges... i've got most of my old ar codes back now, and a few new ones

ps

matt: what, you won't even give me a victory taunt?
2 seconds later
ricky's peach: Ohhh!

priceless

Lunaris

Smash Ace
bizzzzzzzump

what date would be best for a tournament for you guys?

that includes you jordan

i'm talking to UAA staff about it, here's hoping... would be nice if they dont charge us but that doesn't seem realistic.

if you guys can come up with an exact date/estimate date that'd be good, i want to know as much as i can about what we need before i actually ask. i.e. i want to look prepared and want their trust, the more info i can give them the better.

unfortunately we won't be able to time it with jordan's arrival. well, i guess it'd be possible, but i think it would produce a low turnout unless we could get some good advertisement circulating through interested circles.

i'm thinking the rules will be poke floats only, bob ombs and metal boxes set to very high

edits:
the form that must be filled!
http://edit.uaa.alaska.edu/campuslife/studentunion/reservations/upload/2006ReservationUAA.pdf

the chart that shows the prices!
http://edit.uaa.alaska.edu/campuslife/studentunion/reservations/upload/SURentalRates.pdf
hopefully we can get the room for free via sponsorship of the anime and manga club. in order for this to happen with any frequency it would have to be, i wouldn't want to spend a lot of money each two weeks/month for a tournament room.

any suggestions for prizes? there is a good chance we won't be able to deliver cash prizes.

i will be entering the tournament if it happens, so step it up if you want a shot at first. then again daniel allman the great proclaims he will take me out right off the bat! i'd better be on my guard. the tournament probably won't be for awhile, so there's plenty of time.

i'm gonna talk to some of the staff there tomorrow, wish me luck.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
depressing, at least carlos was able to make it today

nothing else unusual happened

edit: cept for the challenges... i've got most of my old ar codes back now, and a few new ones

ps

matt: what, you won't even give me a victory taunt?
2 seconds later
ricky's peach: Ohhh!

priceless
LMFAO, that taunt $hit was absolute imbosilicly....imbosilic(how ever the hell you spell that).About the tourney Derreck, honestly any date is fine for me, when you know the approximate date I'll tell you if I can. I also think I'd get a few people to come. When is jordan coming up, that'll be awsome.....-goes back to playing starcraft-

Top Bottom