• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
so ricky tournyment is next week right
you better watch out for kin
he's dangerous
we'll be lucky if vito takes him out though since he foolishly picked up sheik who
takes so much skill to use
is james in or not.
he's not in school anymore. just wondering. if so, good.

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to check my play schedule.

LMAO

btw im the alpha male at the school play 1. most masculine 2. least flamboyant 3. third tallest/no girls are taller than me

Lunaris

Smash Ace
before i finish filling out the form, i'll need:

a starting time
an ending time

a date

an event name!

potential rules, since the Great Allman was nagging me about them:

All matches are 3 stock, sets are best of three. Double elimination. Items turned off. 8 minute time limit.

Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Story are the selectable stages.

At the beginning of each match, both players pick their characters, and then each player may choose to ban one stage among the available stages. This stage is not selectable during the set under any circumstances. Double-blinds are used if neither player can make a final choice on which character to use due to the other player's character selection.

After a match, the loser selects a stage, and in response the winner may change his character. Then, the loser may change his character, and the match begins.

If the set continues to a third match, the loser of the second match may also select a stage; however, this stage may not be the stage that was played in the first or second match. The winner of the second match may change his character after the loser selects the stage. Then, the loser may change his character and start the match.

this seems a little needlessly complicated. i'd prefer the rules to be worded as such:

At the beginning of each match, both players may pick their characters and then each player can ban a stage from being played in the set under any circumstances. Double-blinds are used if neither player can make a final choice on which character to use due to the other player's character selection.

After each match, loser may change his character and must select a stage. This applies to both the second match and the third match, if there is a third match.

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
as ive said before

starting time: 12 open at 11 (imo)
ending time: 5-6 or as late as it can go w/o fee
name: Daniel Allman's Smash Tournament Challenge of Alaska

btw 4 stock

Lunaris

Smash Ace
it will be either 3 or 4 stock, depending on the amount of time we're allotted.

i think i've won.

we now have two competing names for the official tournament title.

Tundra-Puff's Smash Championship of Alaska, TPSCA

and

Daniel Allman's Smash Tournament Challenge of Alaska, DASTCA

another possibility: A TASTE, Alaskan Tournaments Aren't Supposed to Exist... although with proper abbreviation it's ATASE. A TASTE sounds kinda gay though. I like the sound of ATASE. Much cooler than DASTCA.

only one thing is certain... there's no way i'm going to have 'puff' in the tournament name. maybe something more like 'tundra-jiggs'' or 'tundra jiggy-dawg's', or 'tundra j-dawg's'.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Why does the name have to involve jiggs in the first place. Why not "Wore's domination over mildy respctable smashers who cant think of original names"....WDOMRSWCTON, sounds about right, also for a starting time it depends on what day it is-weekend/week day-, I agree with allman on the time-interesting name btw-. On a serious note for the name, I'll have to think on it, anything need to be included. A TASTE sounds like, well, my first impression wouldnt be a smash tourney lol.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
it doesn't have to have anything to do with jiggs. this is very much up for discussion!

ATASE/A TASTE vs DASTCA vs TPSCA/some other variant

who will win?

your suggestion is a joke btw

Drakkus

Smash Rookie
greetings, Lunaris-sensei

wow derek, too lazy to start a new thread? ^_^
i cant believe ths one is still going! its 3 f*ckin years old!

im still in SC... just got my own place and got the net hooked up so i figured id stop by and give ya a hard time =D

good luck with yer tourney

PS: Wii looks pretty homo... guess il prolly be stickin wid ssbm
PSS: oh and those tourney names r all gay =P

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
it will be either 3 or 4 stock, depending on the amount of time we're allotted.

i think i've won.

we now have two competing names for the official tournament title.

Tundra-Puff's Smash Championship of Alaska, TPSCA

and

Daniel Allman's Smash Tournament Challenge of Alaska, DASTCA

another possibility: A TASTE, Alaskan Tournaments Aren't Supposed to Exist... although with proper abbreviation it's ATASE. A TASTE sounds kinda gay though. I like the sound of ATASE. Much cooler than DASTCA.

only one thing is certain... there's no way i'm going to have 'puff' in the tournament name. maybe something more like 'tundra-jiggs'' or 'tundra jiggy-dawg's', or 'tundra j-dawg's'.

ha the name of my tourney would not be abbreviated. people would need to say the full name everytime.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
omg what's up dustin? you should have come over when you came up last time =/

do you get to play smash at all down there? and yeah all those names are gay =p especially that allman one

yeah, way too lazy

hope your training(for lack of a better word...) is going well for you

EDIT:

I've decided we'll just have the smashfest tomorrow. Matt should be able to come over then, Ricky can come over then, and Carlos might even be able to come. I played against Daniel for about an hour or two and he decided he hated me and left. I think he needs to perservere.

Also, don't expect much development on the tournament until friday of next week--the club that's sponsoring it(anime and manga club) wants me to attend a meeting, and they hold their meetings on friday =/

i'm disappearing from the internet(turning my comp into bestbuy to try to get my disc drive working) for a bit, so call me(349-3015) if you want to contact me

Drakkus

Smash Rookie
Yeah i just started palyin again after being clean for more than a year. i started playing with my roomate and got addicted again. now ive got a bucha people here hooked =D

i havent found anyone who can beat me or even come close, but its still fun to shatter the egos of some serious sh*t-talkers and teach the basics to those who want to learn

i just got off leave and im gong back to work monday, but i didn't have the money to go home so....itl prolly be next spring b4 im back again :(

Lunaris

Smash Ace
glad to hear things are going well except for your auto accident

i was just kidding about oblivion, although i dont like it =p it's too slow, combat sucks, and the story is a little lame, etc.

did your phone's batteries run out at the end there or what?

but yeah, feel free to call whenever, was good hearing from you again... i'm telling you, dont go on a submarine, fight the system

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
what an intense tourney this will be. i think around eight people have entered
including me. vito. kin. eggleston i think. some guy chris. john. and me.
okay so maybe more like six fools. it's still cool. maybe i could get a better
contoller with that 20 bucks prize money

Derrek it seems you're going to show up , or something like that?
well that's what chaingrabber said, anyway.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Chaingrabber.....pshh you make me laugh, at least I win, by skill, and yes chaingrabbing does take skill, however small an amount. Btw derreck you need to sign up for the tourney in advance.

Eggleston, lol, wtf is that. Anyways cant wait till thursday, its gonna go DOWN!!!

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Wait, what happens Thursday? That's when Ben and I are coming to Anchorage.

BTW Derek, here's the new plan: Ben's parents are coming too, so we'll be "staying" with them. Although most of our time will be spent waiting in line for PS3/Wiis and playing Smash anyway. But now you won't have to worry about picking us up in Whittier or anything.

Nyne

Smash Rookie
peach anyone can use peach
chainthrowing and all

but im gonna take the prize thats first
cya round

"Have you ever danced with the devil on a moonlight night?"

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
hey rikki just messing with you
you chaingrabbed much more before
i used the lasers. thanks for the ever so
useful hint that lasers are good. thanks.
it really helped me out. so. Derreck is in
the thursday tournyment. I guess i'll
likely have to get 2nd.
Eggleston is Jason/Xanskarr you fool.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
I know who jason is, also to TCP, theres a ssbm tourney at my school on thursday.

Edit:To Nyne, I main peach, and not to be rude but, who are you??

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
what an intense tourney this will be. i think around eight people have entered
including me. vito. kin. eggleston i think. some guy chris. john. and me.
okay so maybe more like six fools. it's still cool. maybe i could get a better
contoller with that 20 bucks prize money

Derrek it seems you're going to show up , or something like that?
well that's what chaingrabber said, anyway.
Don't ****ing call me Eggleston. Call me Jason, Xan, or if you must, Egg.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
TheCatPhysician here

I guess my newest creation Nyne was not very convincing. I really did think it clever for me to manually make a sig, it looks pretty rediculous. Hey Ricky, on Thursday depending on the time, I might be able to make it. We'll be arriving around 12'ish, so as long as it's not during lunch, we can make it. But should we, is the question. I know a lot of you don't like my values or views, but will it be overrun with ch***? Thanks
By ch*** you mean??, and the actual tourney starts around 2:30 at dimond, also Derreck you need to sign up for the tourney in advance, same for TCP. It'll be awsome if you guys could come, we'll actually have competition, unlike some midly respectable pidgeon killers...... anyways, cant wait till thursday, i'll be on msn derreck, also I could pay your way into the tourney, same with you TCP, but I'll need to be paid back, $5. For TCP, answering your question of should we come, of course. See you all there.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
yes cat physical there will be a couple of asians and halfbreeds at the
tourney. like me and eggleston. have fun

i think cat physical will do this to every new smasher who posts
here.
Nyne is a real person like Dragoonvsomething is or was

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
yo 'm not gonna be able to come to the tourny since i'm grounded so thats $5 down the drain until i get my money back than i'll pay you back funkmaster than you can give me back the $2 i gave you on thur.

Nyne

Smash Rookie
First Of all This cat physician you can't be me because your not black! you are a transvestite hooker that gave me felattio last week in the back of the parking lot at red robin for $2.13 and a complimentary handjob. Don't try to take credit from the honest black man, you cracker mother effing honky. Also my neighbor wants retribution for the dog you f*cked last week...

(What was said above although affiliated with Nyne Productions has nothing to do with Nyne the person)
Secondly i was just messing with rikki i knew he used peach no hard feelings
ill see you all at the tourni

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
First Of all This cat physician you can't be me because your not black! you are a transvestite hooker that gave me felattio last week in the back of the parking lot at red robin for $2.13 and a complimentary handjob. Don't try to take credit from the honest black man, you cracker mother effing honky. Also my neighbor wants retribution for the dog you f*cked last week...

(What was said above although affiliated with Nyne Productions has nothing to do with Nyne the person)
Secondly i was just messing with rikki i knew he used peach no hard feelings
ill see you all at the tourni
......Alright frankly im confused as hell.....

peachasurus

Smash Rookie
this tournament is definately
going to be great
i have a feeling that dimond is going to SMASH!!!!
all outside competishon
i also think i will get top 4
ive been training

-this has been a peachasaurus speaking- ****peach and bowser rule

peachasurus

Smash Rookie
dimond means dimond
nott uaa
even though ricky says you can beat him i dont beleiv it
i dont think anyone can be better than
ricky
so lets money mash or whatever they call it