• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Oh my god my brother is such a tard.

He sold pills to someone, but that's not even the bad part, he tried to sell my PROZAC. Which requires you to take it for like 3 weeks daily for it to even work. Now he's most likely going to be expelled from his school.

This is right after he sold grass pretending it was weed to a mentally ******** girl.

which was right after ODing on two bottles of Aspirin trying to get high.

All I can say is

God **** how are we even related.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
I don't think we should make a new thread after all, and if we do we gotta have some out of state person like JTB make it.

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
omg matt yall be smoken that dope and sellin dat weed all up in n eagle river

how old is ur brother? ur parents should just kick him out if hes 18 and causing that much trouble for your family

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
omg matt yall be smoken that dope and sellin dat weed all up in n eagle river

how old is ur brother? ur parents should just kick him out if hes 18 and causing that much trouble for your family
if he was 18, i doubt hed be on the verge of being expelled from high school
if so, **** what a ******

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
He's not a badass of any sort. He's kinda a........... prep?........nah he's not really a prep............. he's one of those kids that are verbal bullies and total doucebags to everyone. He has lots of skater friends and he wears his pants really low. I'll find a picture of him on my PC somewhere in just a sec. He's not particularly bad, he's just ****ing stupid.

EDIT: This is the only real pic I can find of him on my PC

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Yoshi is decent in B+, but he is pretty bad in all the other games.

Highest was when he was mid in 64, and that isn't even really official.

At least he avoided bottom tier in vBrawl.

EDIT: Wow new 64 tier list came out just a bit ago. Ness is 9th out of 12 :(
Yoshi is still mid though.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
wow guys, this new thread starter thing is a huge responsibility. So since very few people here play on brawl Wifi i think that the 1st post should consist of.... well... any suggestions?

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
first post should have everyone that plays,what part of alaska they are located in(anchorage,eagle river,wasilla,) and who they main

put that we are a very active community and we have smashfest alot

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Whoever makes the thread will need to update it for info on Biweeklies when we get them started. Also there should be another section for the player info Adrian mentioned.

We could split it up into 2 posts by different people if needed.

Personally I would rather play Halo 3, although
1. I prefer Halo 2
2. I get bored of Halo pretty fast

Also Derek should play Ganondorf and Arthur should play Captain Falcon. And then they should win the next team tourney.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
Orry, Skill > Tiers
If a player is better than another player, then tiers pretty much don't matter. The only time tiers really matter is between two people at the top of the metagame who are pretty much identical in skill. And even then, some characters in the lower tiers have advantages over some in the upper.

TL;DR Tiers don't matter for you

Xanskar

Smash Lord
I wouldn't exactly say they're easier to have skill with, and like I said, tiers don't matter until very top of the game so when you're in the lower levels like pretty much everyone in this thread but lab boy and luna are, the tiers would be different.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
Orry, Skill > Tiers
If a player is better than another player, then tiers pretty much don't matter. The only time tiers really matter is between two people at the top of the metagame who are pretty much identical in skill. And even then, some characters in the lower tiers have advantages over some in the upper.

TL;DR Tiers don't matter for you
This isn't exactly completely accurate, but I'd have to say the TL;DR version is somewhat moreso. Tiers matter at different points of the metagame for different games. In melee, it's hard to argue that some characters' advantages aren't more apparent than others very early on in the meta, while in say.... Street fighter 4, certain characters' weaknesses will become clearer as we learn mind games, proper frame trapping and so forth.

Also, to say tiers don't matter if you are better than another isn't completely true either, as certain characters have natural advantages over others (Such as a Zangief against a Sagat, normally considered a 7-3 matchup). If a character's moves are more functional, they're more functional.

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't exactly say they're easier to have skill with, and like I said, tiers don't matter until very top of the game so when you're in the lower levels like pretty much everyone in this thread but lab boy and luna are, the tiers would be different.
^quoted for truth^

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I would actually say that tiers easily still matter at lower levels of play. If you have a really good character and a really bad character the better character will do better regardless of skill level. This is only changed by how you can play the character at each level of skill, thus if a character is hard to learn but really good once mastered, he would not have a significant advantage at lower levels of play. But really, most characters that are really good are not incredibly hard to perform well with at lower skill levels.

And when I say "tiers" I don't mean the actual tier lists I mean the concept of tiers.

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
tiers dont matter at lower levels of play because im at lower level of play in brawl and my bowser/pit easily beats well established high tier mains like brad(marth) and kazu(gnw) with out knowledge of the match ups so skill>tiers at low levels of play.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
ive seen my bowser and matt savage's roy beat ricky and caleb when they were using high tier characters

ive seen my bowser, mario, kirby beat adrian, my pikachu beat caleb and nearly beat derek

point is, who gives a fuck

Top Bottom