• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I should also give a shoutout to Mario_128. Dude, he makes a really good teams partner and seeing him take on BOTH Derek and Arthur like that and kinda hold his own just blew my mind. Yeah, his Mario ditto with Full Metal Mario was epic in itself; best Mario ditto I've seen to date. I just thought I'd put his name out there cause everyone has been congratulating me on the placing and I know that I couldn't have done it alone.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I should also give a shoutout to Mario_128. Dude, he makes a really good teams partner and seeing him take on BOTH Derek and Arthur like that and kinda hold his own just blew my mind. Yeah, his Mario ditto with Full Metal Mario was epic in itself; best Mario ditto I've seen to date. I just thought I'd put his name out there cause everyone has been congratulating me on the placing and I know that I couldn't have done it alone.
stfu job corp. come back when you get good at a real game, like melee

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
ZOMBIELAND WAS AWESOME. And watching James play DDR made my eyes and head hurt.
I played DDR in front of you? Brad, amirite?

You shoulda seen me when I was 19, when I was playing every day. I've slowed down alot.

Anywho, GG's, everybody!

I'ma totally pick up Brawl at some point. SFIV and melee have really got me for the time being.
I've been thinking of modding my stick with a smash template for the lulz.

EDIT: Zombieland was WAY more than awesome. Sweetest movie this year. SOOOOO much better than the ugly truth amirite?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
This weekend was so great, I really had an awesome time.

Like Ean said, all I ate for two entire days was Cptn. Crunch and Taco Bell, followed by some Burger King on the way home lol.

Ean's place was legit, thanks for letting me stay for two nights in a row.

Grats to all the people who placed. Nice meeting you Mario128. Sorry we didn't place Kira, at least we got eliminated by the guys who got second. And we held our ground against them too.

Tri Brow sorry you missed the tourney, I think I saw you playing but I never did get around to talking to you. I'm glad you showed up though, even if you were late.

Zombie Land was great, I was worried it might be dumb but it ended up being really good. I have a feeling that the AK Smash community would love the movie Dead Alive, we should watch that at a smashfest sometime. Either that or you guys will think it's a dumb old movie lol.

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
heh it was great matt, mario128 and Brad did outstanding, much better than i assumed they were going to do. hell, im surprised my team even made 4th seeing how the set up was yoshi / falco? i never did get to if you though matt. but it was great finanly gettin to play people like full metal, k@zu, and all the rest we fought.

i ended up goin to see zombie land that night, friggin amazing. i woulda showd u my ddr skillz, but as james claimed, its been a while and i have been rusty my self.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
This weekend was so great, I really had an awesome time.

Like Ean said, all I ate for two entire days was Cptn. Crunch and Taco Bell, followed by some Burger King on the way home lol.

Ean's place was legit, thanks for letting me stay for two nights in a row.

Grats to all the people who placed. Nice meeting you Mario128. Sorry we didn't place Kira, at least we got eliminated by the guys who got second. And we held our ground against them too.

Tri Brow sorry you missed the tourney, I think I saw you playing but I never did get around to talking to you. I'm glad you showed up though, even if you were late.

Zombie Land was great, I was worried it might be dumb but it ended up being really good. I have a feeling that the AK Smash community would love the movie Dead Alive, we should watch that at a smashfest sometime. Either that or you guys will think it's a dumb old movie lol.
you're welcome

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
mike you didn't pick me up before the movie =(

whens the next MELEEfest? or 64

also yall need to start playin on tichondrius.. i mean the server is named after a dreadlord, a ****ING DREADLORD how badass is that

is EVERYONE who plays smash good at DDR but me? seems like it...

mmm..

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
you know what ive just realized? ive NEVER placed in the bottom half of ANY tournament ive ever entered, this includes halo, GoW, starcraft, Melee, brawl, SF4. god **** it im awesome

Xanskar

Smash Lord
WEEK 2: Results of 09/06/09
Bracket -- http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/M ... ed-1-1.gif
1. Neo - Chun-Li/Akuma - 8
2. Derek - Sagat - 7
3. Yong - C. Viper/Gen - 6
4. Highlander/Mike - Ryu - 5
5. Banky - Seth/Ryu - 3
5. Cho - Ryu/Ken - 3
7. Benny - E.Honda - 2
7. James - Rufus - 2
9. Dan - Sagat
9. Taiki - Ryu/Abel
9. Will - ???
9. Johnny - Blanka/Sakura
13. Marco - Ryu
13. Alex - M.Bison
13. Micheal - Ryu
13. Bomby - C.Viper
17. Max - ???
17. Rina - Zangief/Sagat
17. Adrian - ???
17. Matt - ???
17. Matt F. - ???
17. Milo - E.Honda/M.Bison
25. Beau - Gouken/Fei Long/Dan
25. Deathrow - ???
25. Ian - Ryu
Last I checked, 13/25 was bottom half.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
How did I get 17th I didn't even win once lol
Determined by who you get beaten by. if neither of us earned any points, if I were to be beaten by Banky or yong, and you by... some other lesser ranked player, I'd place higher. ****ing random brackets....

Xanskar

Smash Lord
A transforming pokemon. It's only attack is to copy other pokemon. That's all it does.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
Movie Time, List your favs. I need ideas haha,

the ones that get me hard: Fight Club,Snatch,Rounders, Rock N Rolla,In Bruges,Shoot Em Up,Wanted,The Transporter Movies,The Bourne Movies, Crank 1 &2, V for Vendetta,Smokin Aces, Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs Man on Fire, Momento, American Gangster, Lucky Number Slevin, Shawshank Redemption,Ocean's 11,12,& 13, The Bank Job,The Italian Job, Inside Man, Heist, Shooter, 16 Blocks, Kill Bill 1&2,The Lookout,Funny Games,The Departed,The Score, Lock Stock and 2 Smokin Barrels,Gangs of New York,American History X, Battle Royale,Running Scared,Boondock Saints, American Pyscho,Chaos,Layer Cake,Mean Machine, and Ping Pong? i think thats what its called..

Anyway..if you have any good idears for movies..i would love to hear them..and hopefully watch them =D

AAAnd..Il just leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRj_KCNkdwM

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Hmmm lets see

Some of my faves are on your list already so I won't list those ones.

Dawn of the Dead(70's version), Day of the Dead(70's version), Dr. Strangelove, Requiem for a Dream, Zoolander, City of God, Dead Alive, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Pans Labyrinth, Step Brothers, Silence of the Lambs, Wrist Cutters, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Eraserhead, No Country for Old Men, Borat, Napoleon Dynamite, The Thing, Alien, The Village, The Ring, I probably forgot a lot that's just off the top of my head.

Oh and of course Death Bed the Bed that Eats

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
Huh. That Mario nonsense won’t ever happen again. That’s a promise. Probably. So. Here are

my excuses for why such a monstrosity occurred. If you were to add up people’s “ratings”

when they are teamed, you might get something like 1+1 equaling 2 or 3 or something.

However, I likely took away from our potential. Team HOLY DIVAAAA was more like 1+1

adding up to like 1.5 or something. LOLZ. I’m quite sure that Derek solo would have

fared better as would I by myself. Teams are crazy. So much going on. Now for my second

and third excuses for losing. Mario. What a weird character. He’s kinda like Wario except

with scary gimping stuff and a projectile. And he’s low tier. My performance in general

against a lot of characters is just disappointing since I’m a moron and don’t learn up on the

matchups. Though that WILL change, certainly. I don’t want another moronic thing like

THAT to happen again. Whatever. What am I complaining about. I play Snakey. Still. So. I’m

pretty sure THAT fateful incident happened something like this. Marth/Brad is out.

Smashville. It’s just Mario, Metaknight, and Snakey. We all have just one life and plenty of

damage. I believe I kill Meta(TEAMMATE) with C-4 or something(maybe it was Mario, I don’t

EXACTLY remember that part, oddly.). YEEAAAAHHHHH!!!! So now it’s just Mario and Snakey.

After some jumping around and stuff he ends up in front of me/Snakey. Okay. Mario rolls

behind me. I either predicted it or just went off of reaction. Probably reaction, since I

believe Mario has a slow, easy to read roll. Whatever. “Point” is, I see Mario rolling behind

me. So, I’m obviously going to utilt Mario for the victory. Well. I DO utilt, but I DON’T

TURN AROUND. Oh geeze. So Mario fsmashes Snakey to death. That is how team

marth/Mario scored a win against HOLY DIVER. WONDERFUL. I still can’t believe that

happened. Well, I can, actually. I’m just using the expression to show how annoyed I am

with myself for having such poor execution. It happened somewhat regularly last time I

played Derek in brawl. I would predict a roll behind me. Okay, now I’m going to turn around

and ftilt him…….NOT!!! Instead I DO NOT turn around and JAB. What the hell. Well, against

him it didn’t matter too much since oftentimes he would also end up jabbing as well. Weird.

But in this case, it certainly DID. It cost us the god**** match because of me being dumb.

Never again. Well, later dudes. That nonsense will NOT happen again. Not in singles OR

doubles.

A warning from I. I won't be the same Snake I was before. My Snakey's going to take

steroids and vitamins and super stuff and like get MUCH better.

MEOW.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Did anyone take my ipod cord at the fest? I can't find mine...
also if anyone wants to smash tomorrow (anytime between 8am-2pm) let me know

Top Bottom