• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I was originally going to post something else ,but I can summarize it by saying this.
This community is frustrating me to a point beyond my ability to describe.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I was originally going to post something else ,but I can summarize it by saying this.
This community is frustrating me to a point beyond my ability to describe.
quoted for ****ing truth caleb. im feeling the same way, school starts soon, and everyones gonna dissapate. everyones always like this, soon we're gonna be no better than the halo or street fighter ***s. heres a list of changes that needs to happen NOW

1. I dont have a job anymore, i go to college, so that means my giving rides will be limited unless gas money is provided. its only fair, u think its unfair, then stfu and walk *******s
2. Adrian, get a ****ing cellphone.
3. brad, stop being a ****** move back to anchorage and do something real, not that bull**** jobcorp ****.
4. Kira, eventually ur gonna have to make a decision, you cant do everything you know. we've already talked about this.
5. Jason STOP BEING EMO, GTFO OFF YOUR ***, GO TO SCHOOL, GET A JOB, GET A CAR, BANG A CHICK.
6. Derek, post more, we're fallin apart here, host something at your place sometime soon please.
7. everyone else who just lurks, ****ING POST, god this board mainly consists of me, che and xan now.

This game is somewhat dead, the only reason why we still play is because we are still friends. me, adrian, caleb, we've been trying extremely hard to hold onto this, and this time i dont think we can do it alone, yes, i am frustrated and disappointed, but really, come on, caleb always tells me all the cool **** yall did. we dont HAVE to always play smash, we can pick up a new game, do other ****, host mini tournaments, maybe combine with AKG and pick up SF4 or Guilty gear or blazblue. I fear that if some changes arent made soon, the community that you all love and know will be gone. You dont have to do what i suggested word for word, but do something. Thanks guys...

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Thank you for that Mike, pretty much just summarized my sentiments. For anyone who doesn't know, what prompted this other than the gradual decline recently, is that I invited sevral people to my house today, and none of them showed up, for no apparent reason.
Kira, I guess had a "valid" excuse because apparently there is a SF4 tournament tomorrow, but still... no johns.
Also I'd like to say a couple things in addition to Mike's post.

Matt(numbers) - None of the above is directed at you I see that your always trying to get something going on and come out here, but unfortunately a lot of this **** happens 15 minutes before when me/Mike decides to do something, which is a problem for you because loleagleriver. For that I'm sorry and will do my best to try to organize things at least a day in advance - more about this later.

Arthur - If you see this - Wtf is with going away for long periods of time and calling them rebirths, I mean it seems like you have fun whenever you come over you should post your phone number. Things just seem unclear.

Daniel - I heard you wanted to get back into playing? That would be really cool, and who knows, if you step it up enough you might be able to beat me/my fox =D (again)

Id also like to make a shoutout to Mike, because it seems like except for me, and the fests kira has had he has been the only one getting **** done, giving people rides (like everytime we have a fest) basically making **** possible.

Honestly I'm sick of this bull**** - step it up or im out, which is sad to me because I like playing smash a lot and I like everyone who plays with me.

So in light of whats just happened I want to host a fest. We need to get this **** organized for either tomorrow or next weekend. Post here if you give a ****

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Thank you for that Mike, pretty much just summarized my sentiments. For anyone who doesn't know, what prompted this other than the gradual decline recently, is that I invited sevral people to my house today, and none of them showed up, for no apparent reason.
Kira, I guess had a "valid" excuse because apparently there is a SF4 tournament tomorrow, but still... no johns.
Also I'd like to say a couple things in addition to Mike's post.

Matt(numbers) - None of the above is directed at you I see that your always trying to get something going on and come out here, but unfortunately a lot of this **** happens 15 minutes before when me/Mike decides to do something, which is a problem for you because loleagleriver. For that I'm sorry and will do my best to try to organize things at least a day in advance - more about this later.

Arthur - If you see this - Wtf is with going away for long periods of time and calling them rebirths, I mean it seems like you have fun whenever you come over you should post your phone number. Things just seem unclear.

Daniel - I heard you wanted to get back into playing? That would be really cool, and who knows, if you step it up enough you might be able to beat me/my fox =D (again)

Id also like to make a shoutout to Mike, because it seems like except for me, and the fests kira has had he has been the only one getting **** done, giving people rides (like everytime we have a fest) basically making **** possible.

Honestly I'm sick of this bull**** - step it up or im out, which is sad to me because I like playing smash a lot and I like everyone who plays with me.

So in light of whats just happened I want to host a fest. We need to get this **** organized for either tomorrow or next weekend. Post here if you give a ****
quoted for truth, and im with caleb on the whole step it up or im out thing. Thanks caleb, im down.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
quoted for ****ing truth caleb. im feeling the same way, school starts soon, and everyones gonna dissapate. everyones always like this, soon we're gonna be no better than the halo or street fighter ***s. heres a list of changes that needs to happen NOW

1. I dont have a job anymore, i go to college, so that means my giving rides will be limited unless gas money is provided. its only fair, u think its unfair, then stfu and walk *******s
2. Adrian, get a ****ing cellphone.
3. brad, stop being a ****** move back to anchorage and do something real, not that bull**** jobcorp ****.
4. Kira, eventually ur gonna have to make a decision, you cant do everything you know. we've already talked about this.
5. Jason STOP BEING EMO, GTFO OFF YOUR ***, GO TO SCHOOL, GET A JOB, GET A CAR, BANG A CHICK.
6. Derek, post more, we're fallin apart here, host something at your place sometime soon please.
7. everyone else who just lurks, ****ING POST, god this board mainly consists of me, che and xan now.

This game is somewhat dead, the only reason why we still play is because we are still friends. me, adrian, caleb, we've been trying extremely hard to hold onto this, and this time i dont think we can do it alone, yes, i am frustrated and disappointed, but really, come on, caleb always tells me all the cool **** yall did. we dont HAVE to always play smash, we can pick up a new game, do other ****, host mini tournaments, maybe combine with AKG and pick up SF4 or Guilty gear or blazblue. I fear that if some changes arent made soon, the community that you all love and know will be gone. You dont have to do what i suggested word for word, but do something. Thanks guys...
oh one more thing, james and cho need to register on here

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Not sure about tomorrow, but I could do something next Friday/Saturday probably.

Also, I finally got my permit a week or two ago (about time I've been 16 since this April and I'm just getting my permit) but once I get my license it will be way easier for me to get into Anchorage for smashfests.

Even if we only had 4 people that's still enough for two setups and doubles. Me, Caleb, and Mike makes 3. If I need to learn some more melee stuff I'll try, but I still really enjoy Brawl+ and would like to be able to play that as well.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
ok so here's my take on all this
you are all over reacting to everything
the smash community is in a slump right now, deal with it, and we'll get out of it eventually
school just started, so some of you are busy during the week
ive got no ride half the time
you guys seem to want to smash every day, and a lot of people cant do that
adrians tough as hell to contact, matt is in eagle river
kiras got a job and ****, so she cant play smash all the time
derek is playing other games and doesnt answer his phone much anyway

just wait it out

Xanskar

Smash Lord
this has nothing to do with me, im not even in the community anymore, hence why i didnt mention me in that post

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
yeah that seems true and normally i wouldnt care but whenever i start not doing anything or taking initiative **** doesnt happen and u guys are pretty much like lulz ima sit on my computer and post on smashboards lol guys lets smash

also we could of had something today, because brad was in town and you and mike and adrian could of came, and i tried getting **** together, but everyone bailed for no apparent reason which is ****ing annoying
next time you want **** to happen, you host it.
next time you want to have another setup, you bring your tv and your wii
oh my bad, when that happens it gets ****ing stolen

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
whoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo
hey dudes and girls if there are any wandering around!!!!!!!!
I'm still here you KNOW!!?????

Because I'm a moron and haven't done everything necessary to FLY AWAY.

But don't worry, soon I'll be GONE AWAY TO SOME RANDOM STATE THAT's HOPEFULLY FULL OF SOMEWHAT MODERN AND LIBERAL PEOPLE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE MADE FUN OF BY FARMER TYPE DUDES IN SOME BACKWATER TOWN.

BUT DON'T WORRY, I'LL BE GONE SOON ENOUGH. PROBABLY. OR NOT.

Oh and it's not MY fault that my HAIR GROWS SO CRAZY SLOW.

But thats not IMPORTANT.

YOU guys ARE craZY!!!! EVERYONE's LIKE, GONE CRAZY OR SOMETHING.

not quite barren and depressing, but CRAZY is pretty weird "either way."

but also I'm doing quite WELL, THANK YOU ( or THANK ME). I haven't gotten into drugs or smoking and haven't turned into an alcoholic, so I'm doing QUITE FINE. For now, at least.

More then fine, actually. I'm IMPROVING. Hee hee hee!!!!

To let you know, I'm DOWN for Smash!!!!!:lick::lick::lick:

Especially since there's a BRAWL thingy coming up in like when? two weeks or something???:confused::confused::confused:

And I don't want to lose to the AMAZINGLY TALENTED combination of MEREK and MALEB!!!!!!
It's So scary!!!! Brrrrrrrr!!!!!

But...uh, yeah.

For references sake, I'll leave my number here, in an encrypted version so the whole world doesn't know the number of the place I live at RIGHT NOW.

It's 8561-542 remember, it's ENCRYPTED or something so you'll HAVE to like DECODE it or someting, OKAY????

And please don't hate me. I'm just an immature kid that will never grow up.

And if I see THAT GUY that Stole MALEB'S TV, I'll summon CAT STORM on him ( or her ) to teach the fool A LESSON.

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW

Later dudes and any girls that for some reason are on a video game forum or something.

Laggy

Smash Rookie
Mike, this is Cho btw.

Come on guys, cool it. I may not know some of you guys very well but this wasn't what I noticed when I first met some of you. You guys seemed a lot more chill in person. Why not the same on the board? Everyone has a tough time trying to get around to play this game. One a week should be enough for a game not many people play anymore. Melee is a rather old game. I remember that game being out for about 5 to 6 years now.

I personally host a lot game nights at my place for a lot of different games all the time and not everyone always shows up. Its one of those things you just have to live with. On the topic for smash, not a lot of people play this game anymore. I suggest picking up some fighting games or something else and join in on the rest of the gaming community. This way you stand out in more than just one game. If you want competition, start playing Street Fighter and join us at the local Ranking Battles every other sunday at Play n' Trade. That should keep u busy.

Heres a few things to consider when u decide to invite people over for game nights.

1. Call or Text everyone at least in a 3 hour advance. ( if its a short notice, don't always expect them to show)
2. Does the person have a ride?
3. How many setups do I have? (If you are hosting, you should be providing at least 2 tv's)
4. Snacks? (I always have something for guests, its just good manners)
5. Can you give someone a ride back? ( Not everyone can get a ride home, this would help)
6. Give directions or at least your address so they can find out where u live. ( Google it)
7. DONT FLAME PEOPLE FOR NOT SHOWING UP. This is a good way to ensure that they never come over.

IF you guys can do that, im positive that more people would show up. Good luck in the future with you game nights. AND quit the drama please.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
ya, we have everything covered, its just that no one shows up. also, good **** tonight caleb and captain alaska. i learned new tricksies with my link. also anyone who isnt captain alaska or caleb, you're all dead to me. i ask for one final smashfest, and nothing happens, other than caleb and captain alaska thing tonight.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I should start going to random Brawl tourneys and just setting up a Brawl+ station, it might get more people interested. I'm sure there are random people who really like smash but have no idea this community exists, if we really want to survive we need to find people at tourneys, scrubs or not, and ask them to join us in a Smashfest.

Also you guys should have told me there was something going on last night before it was too late for me to get into anchorage. I would have gone.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Hey, i wanted to thank everyone for smashing with me one last time. Believe me, i gave this a lot of thought, and i've finally decided that im going to quit. that brawl tournament will prolly be my last day. I was playing today, and i was beating everyone, and i realized that im not getting anywhere with this game, and by the time i do, its gonna be dead. I plan on picking up other games however, so maybe ill still see you guys around. What with college and all, its gonna be fairly busy for me. I wont be able to do a whole lotta games and this is the one i have to drop.

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Gah. This is lame.
I'm still gonna host tournaments here and there, but if you guys are quitting, then I'm probably going to focus on Street Fighter for a while.
The thing is, regardless of the decision you guys make, I'd like it if we could still hang out (late nights at Golden Donuts with random guy yelling obscenities?!) even if it's not to smash. Hopefully, we all know each other well enough now to actually consider ourselves a group of friends rather than just "smash acquaintances" or whatever.

Also, it wouldn't be so bad to just play every once in a while even if we focus on other games, would it? Your tech skill won't completely disappear just because you don't smash every week anymore.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I'd like it if we could still hang out (late nights at Golden Donuts with random guy yelling obscenities?!) even if it's not to smash. Hopefully, we all know each other well enough now to actually consider ourselves a group of friends rather than just "smash acquaintances" or whatever.
no

10characters

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Well, sucks that Mike is quitting. However, this doesn't mean that you can forever claim that your Link is better than my Marth.

In other news, I talked to Orry Watts earlier today over MSN and it has been confirmed that he WILL be attending the PnT Brawl tournament on the 5th.

*****es, be ready for it.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Well, sucks that Mike is quitting. However, this doesn't mean that you can forever claim that your Link is better than my Marth.

In other news, I talked to Orry Watts earlier today over MSN and it has been confirmed that he WILL be attending the PnT Brawl tournament on the 5th.

*****es, be ready for it.
no dude, My link is forever better than any of your characters. i was tech chasing adrian with it. lolololol

Top Bottom