• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hey alaska.
I'm in the military and I'm going TDY from Idaho to Alaska for 3 weeks in June.
Wondering if any1 lived in or near fairbank so we could play sometime.
From what I noticed on the first page it seems everyone lives in anchorage and its like a 7 hour drive to fairbanks lol.
I mainly play melee. Brawl+ if applicable.
Alright well hit me up.

P.S. Staying at Eilson AFB. So hopefully some of you have base passes cause it will be hard without a stable means of transportation to get around fairbank.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
k, i can make it to the fest tomorrow, but i wont be done till about 6or 7ish. aaand i might need a ride there. in fact, it is a near certainty that il need a ride.
as always, ive got a tv, wii, melee, brawl, xbox, halo, and controllers galor. as well as laptop/recording equipment.

edit: also, jason thanks for hanging out with us today, good ****.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
good **** today guys. we should have another soon maybe? if yall enjoyed my house we can do it again. or we can do it at dereks, im cool either way. also, arthur is a hella good teacher.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
luigi said he lives near the polar bears and it's too far to drive to your house

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Yesterday was great, free pizza ftw. Please try to avoid Tuesdays in the future though.

And no, you cannot keep the wiimote I left at your house Daemonfang.

P.S. That one kid that's friends with your brother (Joe I guess) is a douche

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
ugh..so i cant make it to tourney play...SO CLOSE THO. i woudlve had a ride from this guy cake, and i wouldve had money and everything. But my brothers graduation is on friday night, and my grandma has somrthing planned for the weekend. So I cant. -sigh- oh well..

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
No doubt. AND! Im stuck in the airport in Portland..my 4:50 flight to Spokane got cancelled. thunder/hail storm goin on. sooo unless i can get in on thie full flight later tonight..im stuck here till tomorrow morning. =P

Edit: at least ive got my laptop with me

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
so after reading the 1st 50 pages of this thread, i realize this community hasnt grown... like... at all... we need to bring in new people and train their *****.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
lol no ****
its a little harder than in 2005 though
new players would rather play brawl
also i dont like people who are younger than me

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
1. You would rather play brawl, confirm/deny?
2. You posted around AKGL time, which was a while ago, thus not new.
This +

2 years ain't new son
Good game.

but ya ur just now playing with us i know what u mean lol
but seriously, trying to find new players with no active tournaments for a dying game in a place like alaska....
that just makes me lol

NOT TO BE NEGATIVE OR ANYTHING

Xanskar

Smash Lord
that was fun, fang and adrian AND VITO
lets do that again tomorrow, vito said he's coming iirc

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
i unno about private lessons
but when i fight him
he always *****es at my mistakes
so ya that might count for something
ask him to do that
on second thought
dont
its really annoying
but it did help me get better prolly

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
what fools.

making fun of brawl.

learn to space you morons.

if you don't try to learn how to space and what attacks are safe on block/when/where you'll never get

good at brawl. Of course, I could say the same of melee, but it might be to a lesser extent since some

things are actually safe on block in that game.

Meaning that simply, you can't run around and spam attacks like you can in lower level melee play and

succeed in brawl, at least against brawl players that know how to play.

not to say that either game requires more skill. Melee certainly needs speedier fingers and reflexes but

brawl probably needs more patience and safer play.

learn up. You can't play melee the same as brawl.

Those that think of themselves as so soft in the head as to feel the need to poke fun at brawl are likely

arrested in mental capabilties as to not have the ability to play a patient game.

and if you haven't guessed by now, that's the way to getting better at smash. Spacing. Combos are nice,

sure. So are a lot of things. But first work on spacing, then focus on other things. There's also things like

experience that the really good players have but since you live in Alaska that's something that can't

really be changed easily. It's all a matter of knowing what to do in what situation and all comes down to

attacking in such a way that you won't get punished for it.

Of course, since this is Alaska, it isn't THAT inportant as the general level of play here is pretty low, so if

that's the level you're aiming for all is well I guess.

OR you could play like Savage (like, REALLY fast) and you'll destroy most people here. MOST people, not

all.

Oh yeah, good DI is pretty important too, I guess, although not many people here are good at it. Well

actually, I might even say it's EXTREMELY important, because if your DI is bad againt say, Captain Falcon

or Falco, you could get hit by stupid stuff like 3-4 or 5 utilts to a F-Smash which is REALLY terrible. Or just

get destroyed by UThrow to Uairs from Fox. Not as important as spacing I guess, but everyone gets hit

eventually so it can't hurt to lesson the blow, right?

Gooddayyyyy

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
What is it
with all
the artsy format posts
guys?
I mean
Theres no real reason to type such short lines you know?
And then start a new one before you get to the end
So it looks weird
Anyways,
I like Brawl........
I just hate how unbalanced it is
plus I think its a bit too defensive
I would rather have both defense and offense a viable option.
Yeah

Top Bottom