• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Xanskar

Smash Lord
tomorrow huh? hmm
might go, dunno, after watching Mind Reader (darkrain combo video) im in the mood to fail at comboing

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
It would be great if someone brought another TV.
We have dereks tv and his cube
we have my tv and my wii
matt from eagle river is bringing his hacked wii, could anyone provide another TV?
I mean it looks like theres gunna be 7-8 people coming, it would be sweet to have 3 setups
less waits, more games

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
ive got my 19in, but its noticabley laggy for smash, both brawl and melee. however, its not too bad and can be used as a last resort. OR we can use my old box tele, the ghetto 14in. [which has decent picture aside from the small screen and no lag]

[haha, i could bring both tvs, and then bring my xbox. have a street fighter setup xD]
that might actually be a good idear. could play street fighter or some halo0o0z. =P

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
i like it too. im considering it. buuut will there be room in this living room of drox for four setups? also, how much room will you have in your car michael? im sure it wont be a problem at all, but i was just wondering

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
yo bring halo along with sf4, we can switch between games, ya?
also id rather play on the 14inch if theres no lag than an 19inch with lag.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
hokai. like i said. wont be a problem. now we just have to deduce whether or not there would be enough room in dereks place of residence for all this stuff xD. also, are you giving rides home?

caleb: im just gonna bring both tvs. xbox on the 19in, smash or whatever on the 14in.

also: i dont own SF, soo jason or somebody else bring your copy if you want to play. or we can just use derek's if he has it.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
yes i am giving rides home, however since i will be giving rides to multiple people, my leaving time will be the same as the person who has to go home the earliest. I.E. Adrian has to leave at 12, i have to leave at 12. i dont own SF4 either :p i have a huge like ****ing 32 inch TV. not that hard to move if theres 2 people and has no lag. should we have recording equipment? if so i can bring my laptop as well.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
i have SF4 and i have a tv in my room. if you don't want to play it in my room(it's reasonably clean but there's not much space, which should be fine as there wouldn't be many people playing it) then do as you please regarding setups, but i don't think there will be room for 4 setups in the living room and my tv is fairly good.

agreed eggz, but sf4 is still awesome and being new helps its case. there's also no one in alaska that plays guilty gear actively although i play it when i can.

**** halo

i don't think things will be starting very early. expect me to be ready around 6 or later, although it's possible i might end up being able to earlier.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
whoa hey, i use to play halo competitvely before smash. it was a fun game while it lasted, before all the ****ing 10 year olds flooded it with spam and ****. also FullMetalMario plays guilty gear.

Eggz

Smash Hero
You should just teach people GG derek. I went to SF4 tourneys for a while but then I started gradually persuading them to switch to Guilty Gear.

Kinda like i did with brawl tourneys and melee.

you got this

Lunaris

Smash Ace
fools just don't know what's good. i tried to teach arthur gg but he eventually decided he didn't want to play it. quitter.

big thanks to daemonfang for giving people rides. it makes things much, much easier. and to chee for always bringing his setups of course, and ean/matt today for theirs.

also xan is right about guilty gear. however ps2 is really the only console it's worth playing on, all other controllers are pretty much garbage. wii classic might be okay but it's not as good as ps2. guilty gear is also much closer to smash than sf4 is because the aerial movement in sf4 is extremely limited and risky.

Eggz

Smash Hero
i hate all fighters except gg and melee cuz of limited aerial movement. airdashing makes gg ****in ****, and of course smash has 100% free mobility. guilty gear is the only fighter i enjoy as much as smash. i cant believe people would turn it down X_X who do you play?

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
today was ****ing awesome you guys, epic battles, epic wins and epic skillz. brawl+ was fun, ill play it for fun but not competitively. ill learn SF4 smore. but really, the highlight today was that CF(derek) vs jiggs (che) where the rest connected but che still died. good ****. we should do it again before Ean leaves state

Xanskar

Smash Lord
derek plays slayer and eddie, arthur plays bridget or something like that

at least thats what i think they played last time i saw them play

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
that match vs derek was RIDONKULOUS
anyways im satisfied
got some sweet combos (on derek)
got some sweet wins (on derek)
got some t-bell (not with derek D=)
overall a good night

btw i dont play any of those 2d fighters where you have a hp bar and ****, but GG does look cooler than sf4 imo

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
ya, me and ean were winning 50-50 again last night. same with adrian. thats complete bull****, i learn how to tech yalls stupid edgeguards and u guys still manage to sometimes kill me. looks like ima have to learn how to not get knocked off the edge in the 1st place...

DaemonFang

Smash Lord

Xanskar

Smash Lord
no, the point of the game is to have fun, like all the other games
well, that's a given. i mean the objective of the game is to not get hit while you hit your opponent

didnt ask you

A bit, I'm really horrible at it now, partly because I have weird custom Brawl(+) controls (I use like......L to jump and Y to grab and stuff. I did manage to beat Daemonfangs little brother though.
ah thats cool, lets play next time we're at the same smashfest
you're right though, that is weird o_o

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Ahh, for some reason multiquoting always seems so dramatic to me.
But ya
@matt
i can be like
your melee sensei
or something
i like teaching people
and then beating them
=D
But seriously tho
derek is da ****
at teaching stuffs
hes tha best ^_^

Xanskar

Smash Lord

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
liar liar Liar LIar LIAr LIAR LIARRRRRRR

I didn't quit guilty gear.........

YOUOOOOOOOOOO made me quit.

And I don't play Bridget. Too slow. I play Chipp. Bridget's for fun and Testament as a possible secondary since he's top tier but not the eddie.

to bad i hardly got to play normal brawl even though + was pretty cool.

link and captain falcon are TOO GOOOOOODDDD especailly falcon.

UARI UAIR UAIR UAIR UAIR UAIR V.s PK FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE

AAGHHH it's TOO muchhh hhahahahah i destROYed YOU sir. DIIIEee Lucas.

but whatever man.

what a rude guy.

Top Bottom