• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i don't think it was recording at the time. i think i had hit stop prior to the matches because the dvd was full and the new disc was still loading or something.
i didn't think of hitting the record button because... we were playing the matches
my bad bro

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i should really CP rob or diddy against other good snake players

but I love snake dittos sooo much

is anyone in bham playing or want to play some brawl or melee tomorrow (sunday)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
There's this cool little distraction slash waste of class/work time that I've found which you guys might be interested in, it's called mybrute. You pit your gladiator against other gladiators and gain xp after the matches, which turn into random stat boosts and bonuses. You don't really have any control over the outcome or how your character develops, but it's still been fun for me and some of my friends to screw around with. There's no limit to the number of characters you can make if you end up not liking the one you end up with, and you can watch the replays of your matches. Of course, it's most fun to set your little gladiator against the gladiator's of people you know. I've been sharing replays of my guys beating on/getting beat by my friends and laughing about it. Anyway, I found out about it yesterday, thought I would share.

If you want to give it a try, you can make a guy and give him a fight against my guy here: http://munkus.mybrute.com/

You name your character and give em a look all in that pre-fight window. After the sparring match is done, your character is made! There is no sign-up process for e-mail or anything like that! You go straight from that little introductory fight against my character to the your brute's character window.

Winnar

Smash Lord
There's this cool little distraction slash waste of class/work time that I've found which you guys might be interested in, it's called mybrute. You pit your gladiator against other gladiators and gain xp after the matches, which turn into random stat boosts and bonuses. You don't really have any control over the outcome or how your character develops, but it's still been fun for me and some of my friends to screw around with. There's no limit to the number of characters you can make if you end up not liking the one you end up with, and you can watch the replays of your matches. Of course, it's most fun to set your little gladiator against the gladiator's of people you know. I've been sharing replays of my guys beating on/getting beat by my friends and laughing about it. Anyway, I found out about it yesterday, thought I would share.

If you want to give it a try, you can make a guy and give him a fight against my guy here: http://munkus.mybrute.com/

You name your character and give em a look all in that pre-fight window. After the sparring match is done, your character is made! There is no sign-up process for e-mail or anything like that! You go straight from that little introductory fight against my character to the your brute's character window.
Munkus this is awesome. Jeff's playing now, too. We should totally make a clan.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so, i've been wanting to make an AL combo vid, but there's too many people to do, and a lot of those people don't generate alot of clips, and while I'd like to still do it, I satisfied my urge to make a video by making this montage/trailer

"Alabama is OK at Brawl" (thanks parker for the name lol)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7095399#post7095399

to avoid complications I used clips from the ten people on the current PR list, and sry if I didn't use your best clip I made this really quickly and basically used the first semi interesting clip I found.
also this is no order except the order in which I found the clips.

Winnar

Smash Lord
We seriously need to make a clan. Munkus get to level 10 already and form a clan D:

Also any idea how the pupil exp system works? Sometimes it gives exp and sometimes it doesn't. Hm...

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Also any idea how the pupil exp system works? Sometimes it gives exp and sometimes it doesn't. Hm...
If someone challenges you not through the arena they are your pupil.
If you win that fight you get exp; if you don't you just get the pupil.

I think that's how it goes.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
When a character is created through challenge of another brute, then that character is that brute's pupil.

So if your character was made in the challenge window of my brute, and you challenged my brute with it, your character became my pupil.

Pupils normally let their master enjoy a bonus of 1 xp everytime the pupil levels, but there are some safeguards against that to keep one IP from making a billion pupils and spamming the system. I think you can make a fresh pupil that will grant xp as long as you are on a new IP, but I'm not certain.

I've made a lot of throw-away characters, so far my original has been the best (just because he got that wolf). I do have one with a bone and a shield which is cool.

Winnar

Smash Lord
So far my three best have been Winningston, Winnaring, and Win-City.

Winningston has a lot of health, a club, and shurikens (which are mega amazing)

Winnaring has armour, so like he takes 1 damage from almost everything.

Win-City has a sai and a lot of speed, so he attacks like 4-6 times in a row sometimes.

Lots of terrible characters, though.

Also yeah I was thinking it had something to do with IP's. Hm...

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
**** guess I'm not going to the panhandle smash then.

QQQQQQQ

I'm going to get up with you here soon Dan, probably tomorrow.

Top Bottom