• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
Valdens, once a notable player in Brawl is routinely going to Mobile events. We've also Enel who was doing decent in Georgia events. Granted last time I went to a mobile event I ended up winning against a 13 man bracket and I just lost all interest in traveling 6+ hours. I WANT to lose. Pensacola tournaments, I could reconsider but their dates tend to interfere with events that have more competition and money. Really wishing my drill dates didn't fall on McMansion though, that sounds hype af.
Valdens moved again, after winning two events and getting second once. Enel placed high like once, but hasn't since. Smash 4 in Mobile is basically a hub for South Mississippi and Pensacola to fight to the death. Last Smash 4 was even with Melee entrants, like 40? I don't remember, lol. It hasn't been less than 30 in months. Our weekly gets like 20.

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
@ the one: I'll never join the navy, army, or anything doing with the government

Zylo Zylo : That's fine. But if we come up there often, y'all come down here often. 50-50...... Sounds fair?
One of the problems with this is that we have three regular tournaments and you guys have one. Also, Tuscaloosa at least has gone to hidden power on two occasions in like the last year, and to be honest both times the tournament was kind of ****ty. I hear you guys have a new venue, but we've been apprehensious to carpool down because it is a big commitment for a tournament that might be low entrants and in a scummy venue. I guess my question is, other than helping to consolidate a power ranking, what incentive is there for us to make the commitment? Like, if you drive up to a Birmingham brawl you know it'll be an awesome tournament ran well with good competition, but we don't have that same guarantee. I'm not saying it can't happen, I just feel like we need more certainty for a good tournament experience.

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
One of the problems with this is that we have three regular tournaments and you guys have one. Also, Tuscaloosa at least has gone to hidden power on two occasions in like the last year, and to be honest both times the tournament was kind of ****ty. I hear you guys have a new venue, but we've been apprehensious to carpool down because it is a big commitment for a tournament that might be low entrants and in a scummy venue. I guess my question is, other than helping to consolidate a power ranking, what incentive is there for us to make the commitment? Like, if you drive up to a Birmingham brawl you know it'll be an awesome tournament ran well with good competition, but we don't have that same guarantee. I'm not saying it can't happen, I just feel like we need more certainty for a good tournament experience.
Real talk, Melee at Birmingham Brawl was hype as hell.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry about kind of shafting smash 4 I was a bit overwhelmed.
Melee is more fun to watch than Sm4sh, and it's the OG smash game. I mean I'd love for Sm4sh to get just as hype as melee, but as of now, melee is the more celebrated competitive smash game.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I can see your concerns, I'm looking at this from a business stand point. Tournament turnouts are no guarantee. Hidden Power is always stack in difficulty of the tourney. None are easy, but turnout wise they average like 30-35 ppl.

Shadeprince Shadeprince : Naw, but we gotta come to some kind of agreement.

Last edited:

j00t

Smash Champion
*looks into thread*

1. **** you Dron

2. Rag is easily #3 in the state. I stopped contributing to the PR because I didn't care for the drama, but I also didn't agree with splitting Mobile from the rest of us. I think a good compromise is to have Rag at #3 EDIT: I realize Rag seems to want the PR to be split, but **** him (you know I luv u bb <3) :D

3. I will win Birmingham Brawl #6 so get ready for that nice long meaty 4 inch **** in your eye <3

Last edited:

Dron

Smash Apprentice
*looks into thread*

1. **** you Dron

2. Rag is easily #3 in the state. I stopped contributing to the PR because I didn't care for the drama, but I also didn't agree with splitting Mobile from the rest of us. I think a good compromise is to have Rag at #3 EDIT: I realize Rag seems to want the PR to be split, but **** him (you know I luv u bb <3) :D

3. I will win Birmingham Brawl #6 so get ready for that nice long meaty 4 inch **** in your eye <3
damn

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
hidden power... was kind of ****ty.

big commitment for a tournament that might be low entrants and in a scummy venue

if you drive up to a Birmingham brawl you know it'll be an awesome tournament ran well with good competition, but we don't have that same guarantee.
could you be any more pretentious

none of these are backed up either lol

pensacola comes to every hp and it hasnt had a low entry count.... ever? idk wtf ur on about lol.

pound the oj dude might still be ill

Zylo

Smash Journeyman

pensacola comes to every hp and it hasnt had a low entry count.... ever? idk wtf ur on about lol.

The last time we were there we weren't allowed to eat at the venue lol. The other time that I was there we were crammed into a back room so tightly that we could hardly walk around. Are these not legitimate reasons to be dissuaded from attending future tournaments? Didn't the last HP (or the October one? I don't know your most recent one) have like 24 entrants? I'm not saying that's bad or that it's a low skill level, but there's a high opportunity cost for us. For example, at least in Tuscaloosa, it'd actually be a shorter trip to us to go to a TN tournament or an Atlanta tournament.

GuiseSmash

Smash Rookie

Regardless of your experiences, he could simply have a different experience. Not every HP was good. A high turn out doesn't mean that the tourney was good either.

Venues, TOs, and much more, all affect the tourney experience. So, many different things could give the impression that the it was bad. So, just calling someone pretentious for not liking a tourney and calling it ***ty is a pretty ignorant thing to do.

I'm not saying HP is good or bad, but there is more to it than just turn out rates.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
*looks into thread*

1. **** you Dron

During the zombie Apocalypse I'm gona eat you 1st once I become a cannibal. So Start eating your veggies and no salty foods. But before then you gona have to get thru me and bham brawl. And it won't happen ;-)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
if 4 people going out of state, sometimes, counts as your region travelling then my b
We've got about 11 that do, which just about beats every neighbor state that isn't GA because of how frequent like 5 of them travel. Hell, I think MOST of us have plans for even hitting up two of the many big events coming up in the next 3 months. We travel, as long as it isn't to Mobile.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm really trying to figure out why Janitor is coming in now and being bitter about something he's not involved in or doesn't know about.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
This quarrel is starting to reach Westballz vs. Leffen levels. I'm glad a Bit of tension is aloft before Bham Brawl, it's gonna be a pretty memorable experience.

Last edited:

Shadeprince

Banned via Warnings
NNID
djsh1-3
3DS FC
3136-6589-7921
I wonder how many people are gonna show up to the weekly today.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Well, Melee and Smash 4 seem to be arguing about something. Should pm start some **** too? **** Tuscaloosa I guess?

Shadeprince

Banned via Warnings
NNID
djsh1-3
3DS FC
3136-6589-7921
For smash, in my opinion, too much wifi hurts you more than helps because you get used to the delay.

The One True ayy lmao

Smash Cadet
NNID
SupremeMemes
3DS FC
4206-9420-6969
During the zombie Apocalypse I'm gona eat you 1st once I become a cannibal. So Start eating your veggies and no salty foods. But before then you gona have to get thru me and bham brawl. And it won't happen ;-)
I am going to become a cannibal and eat you.
-Ragnarock

The One True ayy lmao

Smash Cadet
NNID
SupremeMemes
3DS FC
4206-9420-6969
I don't care if you spell my smash name wrong. As long I know you taking to me. Stop acting so damn sensitive. And I can't stop acting like an *** cause thats just me. A zebra can't change its stripes. But we'll talk about this at bham brawl unless one my women need me to lay the hammer down on them. I'll hold me peace til then. But only til then
Lol, u most certainly can. Since my women love the ****.
Yep, I am. Thats old enough to speak what's on my mind. You seem bout the same age. Keep your 50cents. I don't wanna take your ****ing lunch money
That makes since......a lot of since.
Naw, I doubt any of that gona happen. If your a male, I ain't on that homosexuality nonsense. Keep that to yourself. We just talking bout me being an ******* on the boards, and the PR. Let's not take it to a lvl where it doesn't need to go.
I want you to say that to me when you see me. Im relaxed and talking at a decent manner then u come with that. Its easier to tell someone something over the internet. Tell me face to face. You getting personal
Ragnarock's greatest hits

Top Bottom