• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Lmao R ragnarock are you like 11.
You know what? Just go ahead and ****ing money match me. 50 cents

Also at Bham Brawl I need someone to help me practice melee tech, I'm getting sick of Sm4sh
Yep, I am. Thats old enough to speak what's on my mind. You seem bout the same age. Keep your 50cents. I don't wanna take your ****ing lunch money

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Youtube link to the Birmingham Brawl 5 VODs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPWJv4PpJ824XCKXKhDZaRYUAeXrthMZU

My thoughts on PR rankings: Mobile should be included somehow in the rankings. Don't know how it would be done, but they are apart of the state and should see some kind of representation. Maybe some kind of quarterly could take place in Montgomery that would serve as a litmus test for all of Alabama Smash, and by these quarterlies and local results (with more weight given to the bigger events), a PR including all of the state could form. Whether or not it's possible, I guess it's up to the Montgomery scene, though I myself would not be opposed to scoping out some territory and starting a tourney like that if I had the means necessary.
That makes since......a lot of since.

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
Any Falco mains wanna help me run some practice drills for melee?
Yep, I am. Thats old enough to speak what's on my mind. You seem bout the same age. Keep your 50cents. I don't wanna take your ****ing lunch money
I'm actually 8 you insensitive prick? Some kids don't even have lunch money. Check your privelege

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Lmao. I don't have any privileges. Everything I ever gotten I had to work my ass off for. And you right some kids don't have lunch money. I'll be glad to buy them lunch if I ever bump into them. Thanks for the complement

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
Lmao. I don't have any privileges. Everything I ever gotten I had to work my *** off for. And you right some kids don't have lunch money. I'll be glad to buy them lunch if I ever bump into them. Thanks for the complement
Somebody needs to let this dude know who he's ****ing with. Ima take his money and suck his toes. Balls2Walls Nation

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like
It's you yourself,
It's you I like

ragnarock

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Somebody needs to let this dude know who he's ****ing with. Ima take his money and suck his ****. Balls2Walls Nation
Naw, I doubt any of that gona happen. If your a male, I ain't on that homosexuality nonsense. Keep that to yourself. We just talking bout me being an asshole on the boards, and the PR. Let's not take it to a lvl where it doesn't need to go.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
T1J. Huntsville in Smash 4 has traveled. It's not just Huntsville sitting up here only going to HASL either. I know I don't know any Mobile Smash4 players but that wasn't even the argument. I've won a tournament in TN, and got top 5 in TN in a tourney with M2K and Wizzrobe. I've placed top 8 in a 200+ GA tournament. I went to Big House 5 and turned heads when I fought Fatality. I'm not a big name but people in the surrounding area do know who to look out for. DanGR is starting to travel more too. Press Start crew is traveling too and they have 3 slots on the PR list right now too. Arkaiser is going around Alabama right now tearing people up and soon he'll be old enough to go out of state too. Lilbigham even went to TO11. These are facts. So please don't tell us we aren't traveling. Smash4 is only a year old and we aren't excluding anyone and it's not like we're sitting in one city and don't know whos better than who. The Smash 4 PR committee is more based on results instead of us just thinking who's the best so don't even worry about that.

But saying that we think we're he best in our small community is bull****. We pull together a lot of concrete evidence ehen we make the Smash4 PR and I have proof of it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Valdens, once a notable player in Brawl is routinely going to Mobile events. We've also Enel who was doing decent in Georgia events. Granted last time I went to a mobile event I ended up winning against a 13 man bracket and I just lost all interest in traveling 6+ hours. I WANT to lose. Pensacola tournaments, I could reconsider but their dates tend to interfere with events that have more competition and money. Really wishing my drill dates didn't fall on McMansion though, that sounds hype af.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
3 hours of travel ain't bad. But 4 hrs plus sometimes make you think twice bout going. Especially if you ain't sure how turnouts will be.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah, by all means I'd like to give Hidden Power another shot, but the turnout for Smash Wii U has been pretty inconsistent. But then again it's a Melee heavy spot so as long as one scene in particular has enough entrants to keep a tournament series going then that's something better than those days in the past. 1 tournament every 3 months. ogod

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yeah, by all means I'd like to give Hidden Power another shot, but the turnout for Smash Wii U has been pretty inconsistent. But then again it's a Melee heavy spot so as long as one scene in particular has enough entrants to keep a tournament series going then that's something better than those days in the past. 1 tournament every 3 months. ogod[/QUOTE
Yea, melee and pm are bigger here. But smash 4 is bigger in Pensacola.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
but yall talking about a PR list when nobody plays each other. If you want to be the best in Hunstville or the best in Mobile, that's great. but there's no basis whatsoever for anyone to talk about who the top 10 in AL is, in any of the games, it's all opinions really. and there's no basis to really call anyone "good" yet tbh until we compete with other regions consistently.
No one's saying anyone is good. That said, maybe if you went to any tournaments or followed our local scenes at all you'd see how totally wrong you are about this. Where do you get this from, that no one travels within Alabama?

Aside from just our local scene, we're making an effort to travel more to other states.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
At least that Ragnacock fgt is gone
I want you to say that to me when you see me. Im relaxed and talking at a decent manner then u come with that. Its easier to tell someone something over the internet. Tell me face to face. You getting personal

Last edited:

The One True ayy lmao

Smash Cadet
NNID
SupremeMemes
3DS FC
4206-9420-6969
I want you to say that to me when you see me. Im relaxed and talking at a decent manner then u come with that. Its easier to tell someone something over the internet. Tell me face to face. I hope you really are just 8 yrs old lil boy.
How high did you graduate in your Navy Seals class?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who don't know, the reason that we created another PR even after I swore it off is because smash.gg and the Global Smash PR Project wanted updated and accurate PR's for use in a compiled database. This is one of the contributing factors to why the most recent PR did not include Mobile; we felt that the inclusion of Mobile did not represent the current state of competition among the majority of Alabama smashers since y'all generally don't compete with the rest of us, and thus don't compete in the majority of Alabama tournaments. The next addition that they'll be looking for will be an updated PR sometime around Evo. If you guys want to pool our collective strength as a state and give us the best representation possible, that will be great. However, for that to happen we're going to need to be more unified in our attendance and competition amongst each other.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
@ the one: I'll never join the navy, army, or anything doing with the government

Zylo Zylo : That's fine. But if we come up there often, y'all come down here often. 50-50...... Sounds fair?

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
I want you to say that to me when you see me. Im relaxed and talking at a decent manner then u come with that. Its easier to tell someone something over the internet. Tell me face to face. You getting personal
Bet I will. This **** isn't serious fam. Have some fun. Ain't nobody gonna suck your toes

Last edited:

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else thinking about going to Low Tier City 4 in Texas? Would love to have a nice Alabama showing for atleast Smash 4.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I
Bet I will. This **** isn't serious fam. Have some fun. Ain't nobody gonna suck your toes
I don't mind having fun. But idk you, at least not yet. So thats y I took it out of context. And fgt is a pretty strong word. We good now though.

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
Man, Texas though.......
The only reason I'm thinking about it this early is because it's the week of my birthday and I'm not sure if I can go to Final Round anymore, I'll have to see about that. So going to Texas for my birthday for LTC4 would be great.

Top Bottom